Artist palmsprout [gallery]
Time spent 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
167 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kiamara 300 - WINNER!!!

Postby palmsprout » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:11 pm

Sal is owned by Alva!

Kiamara 300 is finally here! He/she may not look too special right now... but it's all in the contest.

For this competition, you get to basically customize this kiamara's features.
    • eye color [also paw pad and inside mouth color]
    • feather amount, placement, and coloration
    • if it will have horns, and if so, what color and shape (may be custom, not one of the main 3!)
    • any other added accessories

for those who have trouble seeing this kiamara as a boy with that long hair, here is a reference where there is short hair. I simply did not include this as the main image, since I did not want anyone to feel limited to short hair.

Now for the form!
    Code: Select all
    username;;
    name;;
    gender;;
    eye color;;
    hair style, length;;
    feather placement and color;;
    other accessories;; (optional!)
    horns;; (optional)
    personality;; (limit 400 words)
    art;; (no limit, may include a personal reference sheet showing your features)
    extra;; (limit one extra! If it is writing, 400 word limit)

I am going to allow SLIGHT tweaking to the form for your own personal needs, as it is quite a complex competition. Just please don't add any major new categories. You may describe/show why you choose what you choose, and prettying up your from is completely okay.

hex codes
    332f2e
    594e4b
    9f948b
    beb4a7
    e4ded2
    fbf7f0

end date - July 23

Please PM me any questions, don't post them here. Please read ALL of this post before asking questions! I may update this post with frequently asked questions, if needed. c:
Last edited by palmsprout on Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.
[jay] [he/him] [i don’t take commissions]
palmsprout

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kiamara 300

Postby Tempest Rain » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:11 pm

asdfg
Tempest Rain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jern. » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:12 pm

Marking <3
jern.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mango sherbet » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:13 pm

-watches carefully- what an awesome kia..
more or less quit cs, you can contact me through:
deviantart - username: mango-sherbet
ask.fm - username: mangusherbet
tumblr - url: yitzbecca

mango sherbet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neko-the-Gunslinger » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:13 pm

Hello there! Neko here.^^ (Currently Minene Uryuu~)I seemed to become very interested with the design and over the course of time it seemed to become more worked upon and developed. This is a wonderfully thought out competition and I'll have much fun with it. I wish everyone luck. <3

The name is of the egyptian
origin meaning "Dream".

Male ♂
Scorpio ♏ ; October 27th
Theme Music:The Way

His eyes are red and etched with ancient gold scripture. Rasui has long lashes, however the eyes are bandaged at all times; If at any time his bandages come off, Rasui's mind becomes utter chaos and he turns into an erratic mess. He is used to the utter darkness as it helps his concentration. Rasui dislikes light and brightness, hence wearing bandages at all costs.
(In ancient egypt, red was considered to be the color of evil. This is the main reason of the erratic curse hidden within his eyes.)

Rasui has a total of two feathers. Both are royal red of color. The first, as seen above is tied to a lip ring. The second on is crafted onto beads that swirl around his tail. He fashioned both items himself during his free time.

The red floating curricular object is a sun disk. It is a mini replica of Ra's sun disk. No, he is not a god. It simply serves to portray his ancient egyptian ways.

The two candles upon his back are Rasui's only accessories. Their main purpose is to guide others through his dark lair-like cave. He himself chooses to reside in the utter darkness, yet he is conscious of other's whims and provides a little comforting glow as he leads the way.

Rasui is a shaman of dreams and hence enjoys helping other kias in discovering themselves. He is known for listening to others’ dreams and nightmares and interpreting their meanings.

Rasui follows ancient Egyptian religion and shows great respect for it’s numerous deities. He believes in Ma’at, the order of all, and considers all nightmares to be affected by Apophis, the snake god of chaos.
Although Rasui is a respectful and a nice individual, he is often withdrawn from crowds. He always possesses a calm demeanor and is a true enigma to all. Not only is it hard to irritate or anger him, he also remains to be an unknown entity. No one knows of his past nor his true self.

Many are wary of him and others are often curious of his eye bandages. When confronted, he replies in various riddles. His voice is elegant and calm. Rasui doesn’t talk often, however, his words are always incisive. He never speaks of his past or becomes personal of his own self.

The little puzzle, he is sometimes hard to understand. He knows his scriptures and abides by them daily. Darkness is his friend as it helps him concentrate on his daily work.

Rasui has learned the hard way to keep things to himself. And yet he shows compassion to the select few. Not many could easily gain his good side, however he prefers to connect with the ones that posses a pure heart. Over the years be began to grow sensitive to the other’s actions.

He was respected and worshipped within the land he called home. “The greatest king that has ever lived!” Rasui protected his territory and listened to the people of the land. The ruler was truthful and pure yet, like a fragile crustal, the culture and land all shattered with a single betrayal. The one man Rasui trusted most simply used him for power. He overthrew Rasui within his moment of weakness and the land crumbled after the man’s take over.

Cursed and banished from his kingdom, Rasui had to choose between survival and death. The scorching desert sand and the dry air nearly drove him mad. The king, unfit for such harsh way of life, continued his path through pain, thirst and exhaustion. However, his struggles were rewarded with an oasis. The place gave him shade and temporary nurture, as he was ready to continue on his path.
Over the course of living, Rasui experienced many things and many different emotions that he, as a king, would never experience. However love was the one single most thing that has never entered his heart. Perhaps it was a fear or simple avoidance of such feeling, though for ages the king wandered around the dry desert sand. His personality was shaped and altered.

His eyes witnessed demons. The rage had the best of him and he found himself harboring malicious thoughts about many that he had passed. His mind grew dark and cryptic. He soon realized that it was connected with the things that he had witnessed.
Death, despair and betrayal all circulated along the crowds and hid themselves in societies. Rasui witnessed them daily once he stayed within the city. Perhaps his mind lingered in the past. He could never trust again. One day he finally decided to close his eyes on all of the darkness. He offered up himself. He wished to trade his sight for a clear mind.

The scriptures guided his mind as he sacrificed his sight by bandaging his eyes. He wished not to see if it meant that he would be able to preserve his mind from all of the darkness of reality.

Rasui lingers by caves, as he prefers to stay close and connected with nature. This enigmatic character became passionate with guiding others to serenity and Ma’at, for he lives to guide others to the truth. However, he always tries to escape the haunting past.

Last edited by Neko-the-Gunslinger on Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 10 times in total.
I'll create a masterpiece of my siggy later~ For now enjoy my Sinny. (Gifted by my dear friend Bebop <3 )

Neko-the-Gunslinger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby conquest; » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:15 pm

May or may not enter ovo
conquest;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fallenfishy » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:15 pm

Usᴇʀɴᴀᴍᴇ
      ƒαℓℓєиƒιѕну
      You can just call me Fallen or Fish because it is easier.

Nᴀᴍᴇ
      Odysseus
      Named after the Greek king of Ithaca that spent ten years trying to get back to his home in the book Odyssey.

Gᴇɴᴅᴇʀ
      Male
      Just like the real Odysseus.

Eʏᴇ Cᴏʟᴏʀ
      Now Odysseus, most would say, has strange eyes.
      His normal eye color was a pale greyish-purple, which still pertains to his left eye, but his right eye is a different story.
      Due to something happening in his past, it has gained a deep redish hue and seems to give off light.
      Odysseus is ashamed of this eye, and for that, he is always finding some way to hide it.

Hᴀɪʀ Sᴛʏʟᴇ
      Odysseus' hair is like a Mohawk, it is extremely unkempt as well.
      It always tends to stand straight up, no matter what he does, yet it doesn't bother him anymore.
      Sometimes leaves and twigs get tangled in it, but he doesn't care.
      He has learned that appearances aren't anything, especially when you're alone.

Fᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ Pʟᴀᴄᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ
      Odysseus has only three feathers, yet all have significance.
      He has two feathers wrapped around his mouth, one is quite large and completely white while the other is small and black, tipped with orange. He received these two feathers from his parents, but at different times. The white feather came from one of the most beautiful swans, and symbolized Odysseus' purity when he came of age to get his feathers. It was tied around his mouth to show that he would never say anything harmful to anyone or anything, yet over time, all pure things become dirty.
      Around the time Odysseus was four years of age, he received his black feather tipped with orange. It came from a red-winged blackbird. This was when he had his outburst of all his pent up stress, the first time he spoke. Profane language streamed from his mouth as he cried with hysterics; he was screaming at everyone he could find. Once his parents finally settled him down, they had tears in their eyes as they tied on the black feather, and banished him from their pack. The black feather symbolizes the destruction of something pure and it is tipped with orange to warn anyone how dangerous Odysseus is.
      His final feather is one of majestic proportions. He was entrusted with one of the primaries from the oldest barn owl alive, whom he met on his trek alone. Something had stirred the barn owl enough that he had decided to give Odysseus one of his feathers, which was then tied around his tail, and he was sent on his way.

Oᴛʜᴇʀ Aᴄᴄᴇssᴏʀɪᴇs
      Odysseus has a couple other accessories he wears.
      He has a ragged and yellowed bandage that wraps around his head to cover his red eye. This is because he is ashamed of his eye and he wants to cover it up. Yet, it is also because he is almost a completely different person when his red eye is allowed to see the world. It's as if all of his anger and resentment floods out of him through it. That is the main reason he covers it up.
      Other accessories he wears are the broken remains of a failed attempt at controlling him. A heavy silver collar curls around his neck, it was locked on so he can never get it off. Attached to it is a long and broken metal chain that drags the ground. Another silver bracelet wraps around his front right wrist and it is connected by a long chain to his collar. His final bondage is a silver ring wrapped around the middle of his tail, he was able to break of the chain that was connecting him to a heavy weight so her wouldn't move and it is lost in the wilderness somewhere.

Pᴇʀsᴏɴᴀʟɪᴛʏ

Exᴛʀᴀ

Aʀᴛ
      All art in form is mine.
      Alone
Last edited by fallenfishy on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
My handsome bean Rangi. Art by Ruki.
Fallen or Fishy | Adult | She/her

I love drawing and playing video games like Pokémon,
Monster Hunter, ESO, etc. I am shy but friendly, feel
free to reach out if you want to talk about anything!

Art Shop

Discord: fallenfishy#5894
Toyhouse: fallenfishy

Awesome Species wrote:

Spirit Grove - Faeriekins
fallenfishy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kirill » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:15 pm

Oh
Oh my god
username;;
name;;
gender;;
eye color;;
hair style, length;;
feather placement and color;;
other accessories;; (optional!)
personality;; (limit 400 words)
art;; (no limit, may include a personal reference sheet showing your features)
extra;; (limit one extra!)
xImage
| dA | youtube | comms | | |
---
kirill///they/them///i used to be katstiel
---
i'm not active anymore, find me on other social medias as @kirilldraws
---

| art credit ;; | photo | avatar & art | pixels

ImageImage
kirill

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AWOL » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:15 pm

Possible reserve! ;o;
Last edited by AWOL on Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: deviantArt :: tumblr ::
[ Currently being attack by responsibilities!
Im most active on tumblr,
You can contact me there! c: ]

*pixel art shown made by me*
( v except those cuties v )

Image Image Image Image
MY CHILDREN
AWOL

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peppermintleo » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:15 pm

"Music was my refuge.
I could crawl into
the space between
the notes and curl
my back to loneliness."

“Music expresses that which cannot be said
and on which it is impossible to be silent.”

N a m e ;;
    ◄Full name►
    ➛ Sairento Kiriko
    ◄Symbols►
    ➛ サイレント
    ◄Call Name►
    ➛ He prefers Sai, but because he is himself, Sai and Ren both work.
    ◄Meaning►
    ➛ Sairento means Silent in Japanese. I just choose Kiriko cause I thought it fit.
    ◄Reason►
    ➛ Not only can it have two nicknames, which have proved useful, but it means Silent. What better name for a mute
    being, than a name meaning it? It's a very beautiful name, and no matter what I tried to change it too, Sairento just kept coming back. So, it's stuck.

P e r s o n a l i t y ;;
➛ Sairento has no personality. Yes, that's right. Well, mostly. He
has no single personality. Because of his disorders, he has
two personalities. At times a third or even forth will progress,
but rarely. He is bi-polar, and suffers from multiple personality
disorder. They are aware of each other, and will go by their own
personalized names. Sai and Ren.

◄Type A: Sai►
➛ Sai is his first, and therefore, main personality. Sai is mute, and shy. He isn't very outgoing, and has multiple problems seeing the good side of everything. He's a musician, looking past the fact he is mute. Sweet and innocent, it's hard to stay mad at Sai. He truely means the best, and wouldn't harm anyone. He's very honest and loyal, and extremely obediant. When given an order, he's sure to follow, and commit his very very best. His difficulties lie in expressing himself. Despite being mute, he has yet to master the ability to show his emotions through action and expression. Training has made it easier, and he know's sign language, but he still feels at default. All in all, Sai is the gentle, kindred spirit that is willing to be friends with everyone, and has no problems taking orders. He's musical, expressive with his guitar, and very smart too.
Sai is the best to come in contact with, if you had to choose
between Sai and Ren.

◄Type B: Ren►
➛ Ren is a whole other story. He's vicious, cruel, and vile. He's dangerous to be around, and quick to snap. Still mute, he won't speak a single word to anyone when he's angry. This is when his true anger shows. He can go from Sai to Ren with a single word. Ren is a murderer, and much hated, and holds much hatred. He's ignorant, bossy, and prefers to be alone in this mood. He will not hesitate to fight. He has no respect for anyone in the mood, male or female, child or old. No matter what, it takes a long time for him to calm down and go back to being good, old, regular Sai. Ren has no fears, no worries, and no regrets. Quick to turn against his friends, quick to snap, and quick to lose his life. Ren takes no responsiblity for his life, none for Sai's neither. Ren can easily ruin Sai's life, just as quick as Sai can ruin Ren's.

E y e s ;;
➛ Color-blind in his right eye, his hair covers it. He needs his glasses,
because his vision is so poor, in his colorblind eye it's the worse.
With the glasses, he can continue doing what he loves best, and
that's to create music. It's minor heterochromania.

H a i r ;;
➛ Longer than a normal mane, it's just long enough for him to be able to
style it however he wanted. Be it mohawk, or the usual.

F e a t h e r ;;
➛ Sairento has a single, blood red feather. It reminds Sai that Ren is a
part of him, and reminds Ren that Sai is there, and that Sai is in control
of their body mainly. It's bound around his paw.

A c c e s s o r i e s ;;
◄Sai►

➛ He has a pair of nerd glasses, that he does truely need.
➛ His red and white acoustic guitar and case, usually around his torso.
➛ Single music note charm tied around his tail.

◄Ren►

➛ A red and black striped tie with random items
➛ His guitar and case with hidden weapons inside.
➛ Black toe-less gloves.

"We know what you did! 'Fess up. You killed him!"
They crowded him, shouting, screaming, pursuading. But he wouldn't, couldn't reply. They could press, and push; poke and prod him. He would not lean towards either side. Good or bad, protecting or accusing. Their questions of rage were met with his perfect silence. What would it matter to them? He was mute, he had only once ever spoken. And he would never do it again. Turning his different colored eyes on the closest accusor, he smiled calmly. This would be fun. He shook his head once, fixing his glasses.
"Oh ho ho, so you're saying you didn't kill him huh? We have the proof."
Growling, the other brute looked at him coldly. Sai sneezed, his way of showing ignorance and absence. He was not going to answer. He had done nothing wrong. They had the wrong guy, they just didn't like his music. How he used to play wherever he could, streets, woods, parks. Anywhere. He'd been in the wrong place at the wrong time it seemed.
On the night of a horrible murder, he'd been playing in that park. A witness named him, and he'd apparently walked near the spot of the death prior to the murder. His mistake. He bowed his head under the shouting, before he stood up, and looked around. Grabbing a pencil and paper, he scrawled.
'I am innocent. I would never hurt anyone ever. I'm very sorry this person died, even though I honestly have no clue who it was, nor do I even know what he looked like. I'm sorry, and I hope you can catch this killer, but you have no real evidence. So I am leaving, and my charges will be dropped. I was simply creating music at the park that afternoon. If you say the crime happened at night, I can vouch my alibi.'
The chief of the investigation clenched his jaw together, but relented. They truely had no evidence against him, if they really put it together. He was released.
Walking back to his home, a smirk broke out across his face. One that belonged to Ren. A dark, dangerous sneer. Everyone had their secrets, and he was no exception. His just so happened to be a bit worse than the normal affair or educational cheating secrets that his 'friends' held. That man killed, was his best friend. And there were so many more to come.

A r t ;;
◄In Form►
Welcome
Sai Headshot
Ren Headshot
Eye Color
Sairento's Hair
Sairento's Feather.

◄Other►
Split
➛ I have many other pieces done on
paper but my scanner broke when my
brothers tried to scan their crayons...
Sorry

(All Art in this form was done by me, prior
to my getting a tablet. So it's all mouse art
or traditional, sorry. Winner may have it all
if they wish.)
Last edited by peppermintleo on Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:03 am, edited 27 times in total.
call me pure / he-him pronouns / transboy
ImageImage Image
peppermintleo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me