Time spent 2 hours, 24 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
35 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

First Frost Rune - Winner Announced

Postby maluruloki » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:25 am

maluruloki wrote:

IceBrisk

Owner: ραяαησямαℓ єηтιтιєѕ
Breedable: "If she ever finds a rune she loves, and i will be very picky about the one she does choose. I think she would make beautiful babies."
Type: First Frost Rune

"The Runes who Welcome Winter"

It was one of those mornings where a small part of me wanted to remain inside, sipping at my cup of coffee, but the beckoning light of the rising sun was impossible to resist. Everyone was asleep except for little Ammolitia, who insisted on accompanying me on my wanderings as long as she could cuddle within the wrapping of my scarf and inside my hood. After bundling up, I walked out into fresh air that was so crisp, you could snap it like a bar of chocolate. It was delicious to breathe and sent little frissons of elemental delight across my warm skin. Every exhalation resulted in a wispy cloud of steam that wreathed around my face and wafted off into the breeze to vanish silently. A few birds still sung, but their songs were half-hearted, as if duty called but they wanted to remain huddled within the warmth of their feathers. The leaves on the trees clung but just barely - it was apparent that one good gust would send them a-whirling down onto the ground with the rest of the cousins. It was beautiful, but the frosting on the cake was literally that: it looked like Mother Nature had elected to delicately decorate every surface with a thin layer of ice. Sunlight winked and twinkled, turning the land around us into a field of diamond-encrusted silence.

The leaves crunched beneath my boots and Ammolitia chattered away lightly about how the bugs were easier to catch when they were slow with cold. It took me a moment to realize that what I had originally thought were trapped leaves touched by the breeze in a nearby pine tree were actually small flying creatures, about the size of Ammolitia - no bigger than a rat. We both paused, eyes wide, as one of the brave little creatures alighted upon the edge of a branch and looked at us with eerily-pale eyes set in dark socks. It was a new species of Rune! Even as I watched, the little Rune gave a soft peep before brushing the ends of the pine needles with its evergreen-dark feathers. Frost grew on every surface that it touched and I realized that these Runes were responsible for the beautiful lacings of ice on the leaves, trees and grass. I was more amazed when the brave Rune dropped down and fluttered before me, tilting its head left and right. When I offered an outstretched finger, it landed with all the weight of a pine cone and I watched as little crystals spread over the outside of my wool gloves. Ammolitia exchanged Runie words with the wild Rune and it gave a human-like nod as well as a little bow. I was so charmed that it broke my heart when it finally left, joining its brethren to continue their morning duty of brushing the world with frost.

It turns out that these Runes are most active in the early mornings, between 4am and 9am, before the sun rises and after the sun sets until midnight. I've also only seen them during the late autumn and into winter. I guess they must migrate to follow the cold, since I've never seen them during the summer. They can control their ability to deposit frost, but they don't like to. It's as if too much energy gets stored up within their bodies and they must release it somehow. They remind me of the wild bird species, the Chickadee, with how friendly and courageous they are. They seem almost fool-hardy sometimes. I also noticed that those little whiskers on its face help it find food on the surfaces of the trees they love. I haven't quite figured out how those whiskers work, so if you do, let me know!

Anyways, this one Rune seemed to take a liking to me and Ammolitia. Maybe it'll take a liking to you too!

Congrats to ραяαησямαℓ єηтιтιєѕ!

Rules

~Those with the best form will win this dragon.
~You are allowed to add more to the form until the final date when the winner will be chosen.
~Do not argue or whine if you do not get this dragon. There will be MORE in the future but it takes 1-3 hours to make these adoptables so patience is required when competing.
~Do not take any of my ideas without permission. I now have to state this in all my rules because of past issues.
~Do not use pictures from Google in your form.
~Only talk about the other runes on the main page.
~If there are any questions post them on the main thread for a mod to answer. We will no longer answer questions through PM.
~The forms are just skeletons to build on. You are allowed to add any effects you believe will make it more appealing and while there are no limits on how much you can write, please keep the length within reason.
~Enjoy, and if you do not win simply congratulate the ones who did and look forward to the next release.
~Be respectful and polite to each other and have fun with your form.
~Because of recent problems we will automatically disqualify and give a strike to anyone found trying to guilt or harassing others either on the threads or through PM.
~Please do not place this Rune as your avatar if you do not own him or if the owner has not given you permission to do so.
~Remember that besides our own rules all Creativity Forum and Site rules apply.

Last edited by maluruloki on Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Featured wrote:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

maluruloki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: First Frost Rune - UP FOR ADOPTION

Postby Sullivan Maurus » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:14 am

Owner Name:
Amxen no.XV
Name:
Melophie
Personality:
:The Frosted Heart:
On my travels,I have seen some magical things.This Rune,Melophie,has the sweetist personality I have ever seen.She makes sented pinecones and sented glitter.She seems to have an idea stuck in her head that Neoark is a Christmas tree ordament.So,she covers him with glitter and hangs him from pine trees.Anyway,this Rune knows what its like to be alone.She said that she didnt really like Christmas anymore.So,she came to me in search of a friend to spend the winters with.She also has a childish side and she has a soft spot for the movie Beauty and the Beast.

Why Do You Wish To Have Her:
Such a pretty Rune dragon.She reminds of my nature-obbsesed side.I love the snow,I love the pine trees and I just love winter all together.I have two small pine trees this Rune would love.Pluse,I love frost!
Where Will You Keep Her:
In my sig,and a few Rune Dragon RPGs.
Would You Like To Breed Her In The Future:
Yes
Any Quirks:
Melo has the habbit of putting glitter all over Neoark.Im not sure why,but she said he looks like a Christmas tree ordament.She decorates him up and hangs him on the tree by his tail.Neoark hates this,but Melo still dose it.See also has the habbit of covering the house with frost.She dosent mean it.I think all her quirks have come from her years of lonelyness.She also dosent call Neoark by his name.She calls him Glason,because she thinks he is an enchanted Christmas ordament.
How Or Why This Rune Left Its Tree:
Melophie left her tree when a there was a mudslide last summer.Her tree was on the edge of the forest behind my house,right above the canyon.It had been raining for days,and I remember when the mudslide happend.The ground shook,then I heard very loud crashes.I ran to the edge on the canyon,were I found a thick layer of frost.I later leared that Melophie was hiding in a small cave in the side of the canyon.She explaned that her tree plummeted into the canyon and shattered into splinters.
Other:
:The Christmas Lights:
The sun rised over the horizen.The sky lit up with gold,pink and purple ribbons of light.The clouds were a beautiful siver and lavander mix.As the sun broke over the hillside,the forest glowed golden.It was because of the wounderful frost on the trees.Then,something magical started happening.A snowflake fell from the sky,and landed on Neoark's head.He was fast asleep on the roof of Amxen's house.He felt very cold and weird. 'Wake up ordament!' Neoark opened his eyes.He was staring a strange Rune in the face.Neoark screamed and backed up,falling off of the roof.He looked up to see that Rune's smiling face looking down at him.Neoark got up and slammed into the window. 'Amxen!There is a weird Rune on the roof and-' Neoark cut himself off when he saw that he was covered with frost and glitter. 'And the Rune on the roof covered me with frost and glitter!' Amxen sighed and got up.She put on her coat and walked outside.The Rune flew down from the roof and covered Amxen's nose with frost. "Oh,why its nice to meat you." The Rune just stared at her.Neoark flew over to Amxen. 'Can you give me a bath?' The other Rune looked at Neoark. 'How is this ordament talking?Is it enchanted?Like the castel in Beauty and the Beast?!' Amxen stared at the Rune Dragon. "What?No,Neoark isnt enchanted." The Rune gasped. 'Are you sure?Do you have a magic rose that enchanted your house?' Amxen shook her head. "Im sorry,but no.My home is not enchaned and Neoark isnt enchanted." The Rune smiled. 'I dont beleave you.' The Rune went on and told Amxen her name,wich was Melophie.She explained why she was here and that she was very lonely.Amxen sighed. "Well,Im freezing to death out here.Would you like to come in Melophie and drink some nice warm tea?" Melophie licked her lips. 'Yummm...tea!' Neoark shook his head and followed Melophie and Amxen into the house.As they sat around the fireplace,drinking tea and eating cookies,Amxen was looking out the window.The ribons of color streemed across the sky.The snowflakes that fell from the hevens glowed the beautiful colors of the lights in the sky. "The Christmas lights..." Amxen said.Melophie jumped to the window. 'Yes,the enchanted lights in the sky.Christmas wouldnt be the same without them.' Amxen sighed. "Its not Christmas yet,but the lights are always shining early on Christmas Eve." Neoark chugged down his tea and went over to the window.All three of them sat there,looking up at the sky.Amxen's little sister Rin walked down stairs.She held her teddy bear and her blanket. "Sissy,can I have some tea?" Rin asked as she rubbed her eyes.Amxen looked at Rin. "Come here." She said as Rin slowly walked over to her.Rin looked into the sky. "What are they Amxen?" Amxen sighed. "You know the music you always listen to?" Rin nodded. "Yeah." Amxen sipped her tea. "Well,those are the lights that guid you home.Those are the lights that light up Christmas morning.Those lights are the Christmas lights." Rin nodded and looked at Melophie. 'Hi!' Melophie said as she put a dot of frost on the tip of Rin's nose.
Last edited by Sullivan Maurus on Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:30 am, edited 4 times in total.
Gone.
Sullivan Maurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Jacqueline Moondew

Postby Sphye » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:08 am

Music to listen to while reading the form:
Touch the Sky- Brave Soundtrack
Teir Abhaile Riu- Celtic Woman

ImageImageImage
Owner Name:
Sphie
ImageImageImage
Bearer Name:
Silver Vivizae
ImageImageImage
Name:
Jacqueline 'Jackie' Moondew
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Personality:
{Fearless}{Curious}{Adventurous}
Jackie is an explorer, boldly going where few others will. She doesn't fear most anything, even when it would be smart to fear it. She doesn't quite get "Social Boundaries", like, for example, not blasting ice crystals on people. She is sometimes a bit absent-minded, often when she is focusing on something; Namely, her frost-works.
She is quite curious, the type that would ask, "How did curiosity kill the cat? What was it curious about?" If something is out of sight, it is far from out of mind; Quite likely, it will soon be very in sight. Don't trust her to behave, and don't leave her with anything remotely dangerous.

ImageImageImage
Why do you wish to have her:
She is so wintery and graceful and she looks like she would smell like pine needles, and I can already feel a personality bubbling up!
I just feel like she has a story waiting to be told...

ImageImageImage
Where will you keep her:
She would be a part of my character thread, I would place her in my signature on rotation if not all the time, and she would be featured in artwork fairly often, too.
ImageImageImage
Would you like to breed her in the future:
Only if I find a rune she would be very good with. I reserve the right to be a touch picky. :lol:
ImageImageImage
Quirks:
Jackie has a habit of leaving sparkling "tattoos" on people's shoulders after perching. She is quite talented with designs resembling Celtic knots and vines. Thankfully the victims are usually pleasantly surprised rather than angry, but we try to discourage this habit when Jackie is meeting new people.
ImageImageImage
How or why this Rune left its tree:
Jackie never felt like staying put; She was and is an explorer. As soon as a crowd started forming around her first tree, she set off for another. She found a strong redwood, and spread her frosted swirls all over, leading another flock to admire and add their own touch; So once again she flew, this becoming routine for her. Settle, then fly, settle, fly. Most recently she realized that there are more than just trees to decorate, there are buildings, cars, mountains, windows, wind chimes, and everything else. If Jackie can reach it, it shall become her masterpiece. The only way to keep her to stay is to enable her traveling, to allow her to leave her mark on the world.
ImageImageImage
Story:
Warmth was fading from Eldemore as autumn came to an end, but even faster fading was the light of the sinking sun.
I had been traveling through Eldemore for a few months now; Just me and my rune dragon, Canvas. Now we were both rushing to find some cover before darkness covered the land completely. The plains, nice as they were, were not nearly sheltered enough for our tastes. A forest could just barely be seen at the horizon, but it looked to be quite a ways off. I continued running, Canvas sitting in the top of my backpack, hoping to make it in time to set up a lean-to, at least. Unfortunately, the land seemed to have other plans.
A drop of something near fifteen feet became visible, giving me barely enough time to skid to a halt. Canvas screeched in protest to the sudden stop, and I dropped to the ground, heart racing.
"That would've been a nasty fall, don't you think?" I asked Canvas, who responded by smacking me with her tail. It would appear as though the plains were the only option, unless I was going to risk twisting my ankle trying to climb down the unstable cliff in the dark. I pulled out a tarp, knowing a might need to battle the wind for it all night. I looked over the side of the cliff, taking three stones carefully away, so I could hold the tarp down. I pull a ragged blanket out from my bag as well, lay it on the ground, and place the tarp loosely over it, rocks holding down three corners. As Canvas and I crawl into our makeshift tent, we both silently hope for a mild night.
✴✲✴
I wake up shivering, the cold having invaded the tarp-tent despite my attempts to shoo it. I roll over to see two rune dragons sleeping next to me.
How cute, I think groggily, trying to decide whether I can go back to sleep or if I was already too awake.
Wait, two? I attempt to sit up, only to get caught on the frost-lined tarp, tiny little ice-flakes falling on myself and the runes. Canvas starts screeching at me while trying to shake the frost out of her fur and wings, and the second rune, a green and brown rune with ice crystals decorating it's wings, looked at me curiously, as though trying to ask what I was making such a big fuss about.
After calming Canvas down and brushing the frost out of her fur, I turn my attention toward the other rune, who decided sometime while I was calming down an indignant Canvas to start painting ice on the inside of the tarp; Not to say the frosted paintings weren't beautiful, but they were also cold.
"How long were you in here?" I ask, not too happy at the thought that she caused all the cold and commotion. She shrugs nonchalantly, continuing to brush ice fragments onto the tarp. Canvas pokes the intruder with her tail, causing the pinecone-like rune to turn around. She screeches what sounds a lot like the word "What?" Canvas begins to caw loudly at the other, arguing one-sidedly , until the frosted rune begins working again on her "art". Canvas looks at me, dejected that her lecturing is doing nothing.
We pack up the tarp and blanket, to the dismay of the icy rune, and set off. In the daylight it is much easier to navigate down the rocky hillface, and when I had finished climbing down Canvas flew into my backpack so I could do all the walking. The forest green rune flew with us as well, occasionally sitting on my head until Canvas noticed, and then darting away and flying at a slight distance.
By the end of the day we have come close to a town, and the evergreen forest provides enough shelter for comfort, and even some dry firewood. When the fire is lit, Canvas and I sit close to it, the frosty rune hiding behind me to avoid the fire's heat.
"So, are you planning on sticking around?" I ask. She nods her head, blowing some ice across my back. I turn around to melt it and warm back up.
"Well, that means you need a name, doesn't it? Perhaps... Jacqueline? Jacqueline... Moondew."
The little dragon tilts her head just a bit, giving a hesitant nod.
"Do you have a better idea?"
She motions with her wing, waving it near the ground.
"Lower? No? Shorter? Shorter, okay, well... we could call you Jackie instead. What do you think?"
'Jackie' gives a happy crill, before sprinkling frost on my foot.
"Stop that!" I say, knowing Jackie would be welcome company.

ImageImageImage
Art:
Last edited by Sphye on Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:40 am, edited 12 times in total.
Sphye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vespur » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:17 am

Beautiful rune. You have done it again with the design and colors. So tempting, ahh, decide later. Yet, again..perfect for upcoming winter. ^^
Last edited by Vespur on Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Signature now belows to Toothless."
Vespur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sneky » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:23 am

Cute!
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
~
Hey, I'm an idiot that's up to chat
about pretty much anything.
~
I'm Snekly on Flight Rising, pop in and say hey!
~
my Toyhou.se

Trades: Open (Read my Rules)
PM's: Open
Sneky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby parlaymars » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:39 am

Hee hee, I love his/her pineconish-ness.
Last edited by parlaymars on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
parlaymars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shiko Hayashi » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:04 am

Saving post for form

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

S H I K O
H A Y A S H I

this world could rot
die, and kill itself off
but a promise is a promise
and promises should always be kept
dont you think?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

O N / o f f
Shiko Hayashi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Galaxy❄ » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:28 am

Might try out.
[ Other Means To Contact Me ]
Twitter : @IceTabby | Tumblr : @somethingridiculous | Discord : FallenGalaxy

Galaxy❄

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Charchar2 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:32 am

omg ;u; <3
I'm traveling til Friday w/ no access to my tablet!

Mostly quitting CS; I'll check messages on occasion but DA or Skype is probably a better place to contact me.
Charchar2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby н σ я ѕ є » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:15 pm

Owner Name:
Ravenclaw<3
Name:
Frosty Pine Cone. But he is mainly known as Frosty. A very cute little name that he was given when I was ignorant of what he was.
Male, the females seem to be a bit brighter colored than him. But in all my many ventures in the cold I have very few of this rune. I could not tell.
Personality:
(What is the dragon's personality like?)
Why do you wish to have him/her:
(State what drew you to the dragon or why you would want it.)
Where will you keep him/her:
(Will you keep it in your sig, character thread, etc...)
Would you like to breed him/her in the future:
(This is just general info for me to use. State if you would like to breed it later on or not)
Any Quirks:
(Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)
How or why this Rune left its tree:
Other:
I had always loved the cold. In the young years I had been alive the frozen crystals fascinated me. In so I had always studied the Runes of the cold. But, never had I been a bearer.

Then the frost came. I was hardly ever home for winter, my family preferred to travel. But home alone on that cold late November day, I was caught off gaurd when a few diamond flakes danced to the frozen ground.

With something of great joy I seemed to fly out the door into the crisp air. Wrapping expensive furs around me as the door shut. I must have looked like an idiot, prancing around in the back yard. If we hadn't lived where the back was woods the neighbors might have thought I was drunk. Of course, you could say I was drunk on happiness. The kind that chokes you and takes you breath away.

It was so beautiful! Something I hadn't realized shut up in my bedroom. Even my scruffy looking little dog joined in. Leaping around by my feet like a white puff of air. In fact, the white air of my own breath seemed to wrap me in a cl
Horses wrote:"There is no love stronger than that in the eyes of a horse."-me
н σ я ѕ є

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me