My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #922

Postby Micki. » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:56 pm

changed the contest a bit. you may now design their hair if you would like, but it's completely optional!! if you choose not to design the hair I will be using the premade hairstyle. here is a blank version of this design if you'd like to draw the hair over the ref!!
    x
    Micki • she / her • slytherin • shy n stressed
    young adult • college student • EST timezone

BLM donation adopts !!

sig forever a wip bc lazy
Micki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angelshy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:44 am

friendly bump ! c:
angelshy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Micki. » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:36 pm

please finish your forms; this ends on april 1st!!
    x

BLM donation adopts !!

Micki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Ash Wolf~ » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:43 am

mark
Image Image
~Ash Wolf~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Softballpup12 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:38 am

General Information:

Username: Softballpup12
Name: Ashton

How did she tame her hair?
Design Attempt

Well, I guess, if you really want to understand how it was done, you need to know why her hair was unruly in the first place, so I'll start at the very beginning.
(Just a note that all characters besides Ashton are NPCs unless otherwise stated)

The moonlight glowed dimly overhead, and the birds stopped chirping in the trees as night fell over the kingdom. Ashton turned three times before settling against the cobblestone wall, the cold stone leeching her body warmth. It'd have to do for tonight. She didn't have time to creep back to her box today, she'd just have to rough it out. See, Ashton was an orphan. Her parents had died in the large plague that had haunted the kingdom for years. As much as their king tried to help, it wasn't working. When he sent deposits of food and medicine to his people, they were intercepted, and when he sent legions of guards with them, they disappeared too. Thus, Ashton was living on the sides of the streets, scrounging for food every day. She had been for five years, and you could tell it by looking at her. Her lush, beautiful hair had once gotten people to pass her loaves of bread if she curled up by the richer streets, but now it was in knots and tangles, and she couldn't change that no matter how hard she tried. Of course, she hadn't tried very hard, being that she had things of much greater importance to deal with, such as finding food, warmth, and shelter every night, unless she was home at her box where her belongings were stashed. A small cache of food, a pile of blankets, and cardboard over her head, all hidden very well in a hole near the city graveyard, which was constantly growing and causing her to move her hole. As she snuggled against the stone and tried to warm her self up, a soft crunching echoed throughout the quiet night. A carriage, full of people going home to a warm house for the night. Ashton groaned. She'd almost been asleep, but of course, the night was never quiet. She cracked one eye open, willing the carriage to move quicker so she could rest, but the world was against her tonight. It slowed down. She growled in annoyance, pondering what would happen if she yelled at the driver, but then... It stopped? For the first time, Ashton looked at the carriage, right in front of her, instead of just the wheels. 'New Hope Orphan Home' it read. As a set of paws landed in front of her, she looked up at the kind woman in front of her. At fourteen years old, her luck was changing.
"Hello, I'm Madam Ambrose. You looked like you could use a home, dear. Would you like a roof over your head?" She purred, extending a paw to help Ashton up.
"M-me? Uh, sure." She responded, eyes blinking and staring at the Kalon in front of her. "Is there any food?" Madam Ambrose chuckled, her eyes twinkling, and led Ashton towards the clean carriage.
"Of course. What your name dear?" She asked kindly when they were inside the warm vehicle.
"Ashton, madam, but you can call me Ash."
"Well, Ash, let's go home." She replied with a smile.

They arrived at the orphanage in the middle of the night, seeing as it was seemingly in the middle of nowhere. Apparently, Madam Ambrose had been picking up supplies in town, and spotted Ashton on her way home. In the middle of the night, the countryside area in which the orphans resided was actually quite beautiful, and the sky bright. Here the birds never stopped chirping, and the crickets played along to their songs. The moon shone brightly overhead, and the long, lush, green grass swayed in the gentle breeze. It wash perfect, refreshing, and it was her home. Ashton sighed in happiness, elation filling her as they stepped out into the cool air. She smiled for the first time in a long time as Madam Ambrose lead her inside to sleep.
As they made their way to the front desk, Madam Ambrose spoke once again.
"We'll get you registered and cleaned up in the morning, but I'm sure you're exhausted at the moment. I can show you to your new room, if you'd like?" She offered, pausing near the right hallway. Actually, Ashton was energized by the sight of her new home, but she nodded politely, and followed Madam Ambrose down the hall. She stopped at a small, oak door and paused, lowering her voice to a whisper. "Now, you do have a roommate, so I hope that isn't a problem, but you should be able to tell which is your bed when you walk in, and there are some fresh blankets in the dresser next to it, since you might want more than the sheets. Goodnight, and I'll wake you up a bit later tomorrow, so if you hear the morning bell, feel free to ignore it."
"Okay. Thank you, Madam Ambrose. I-I really am grateful," Ashton whispered back.
"Call me Kayla, sweetie, everyone here does," She replied. Ashton smiled gently before quietly pushing open the door. She padded inside, noticing the girl in one bed, before padding to the other and opening the drawer. She grabbed a fluffy, silky blanket in her dirty paws and then set it down. She would be fine with just the sheets tonight. Even they were more than the scraps of fabric she normally had, not to mention she was inside. It would be a shame to dirty the beautiful blankets, causing them to be washed and lose a portion of their softness. She curled up in the downy bed and snuggled into the pillow. Ashton was in heaven, and she was happy.

"Ashton. Ash, sweetie, it's time to wake up," A soft voice murmured overtop of her. Ash snuggled into her pillow, wait... Pillow? Her eyes flickered open in a heart beat, she looked around in a panic, then she recalled the previous night's events and relaxed. Stretching, she dropped out of her bed and looked around. Her roommate wasn't present, though she was probably at breakfast, Ash assumed as her stomach rumbled. "Good morning Ash! I brought you pancakes, in case you're hungry. I assume you are, but I think we should tame that before your roommate arrives... first impression are important!" Kayla chirped, motioning to her hair. Ashton did NOT understand how she could be so bright and happy in the mornings... And what was wrong with her hair? She consented, though, and sat down in front of the mirror. Her eyes widened in shock as she took note of the tangles she currently sported, before turning in a panic to Kayla.
"Can you fix this? What if it stays like this! What if I can never get it to settle down or look beautiful again or-"
"Relax sweetie. I've seen girls with worse hair than this and successfully fixed it. You'll be okay," Kayla comforted, cutting her off. Ashton took a deep breath and turned around so she could get to work.

3 hours and 15 bottle of detangler later, her greasy hair was straight down her back. Kayla smiled slightly, before commenting quietly to Ashton.
"The hard part's done now. Why don't you go wash up." Ashton nodded, grinning excitedly, before running to the wash room. She quickly turned on the shower and poured shampoo on her head. She used half the bottle, but within another hour she managed to get her hair and fur feeling clean again, even though before, she'd never believed that she would get the chance. She got out and blow dried it so it hung down straight before she padded out, feeling beautiful. When she managed to get outside, she was bombarded by a giant bundle of fur.
"Hi! I'm your roommate, Thalia! Wow! Your hair is beautiful! Could I braid it! I mean, it so soft and pretty! Please?" "Uh... Hello, I'm Ashton, but you you can call me Ash. Thank you, and sure? And thank you again!" Ashton hurriedly answered, her eyes wide as she was squeezed by the little fluff ball. The kit, Thalia, sat her down in front of the mirror and got to work, giving her a braided headband and a side braid, and when she was done, she covered it all in a bouquet of roses as a finishing touch. Ashton looked in the mirror and smiled. Thalia was right. She was beautiful.

Last edited by Softballpup12 on Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amazing Art by Sixbane ^^^^^

ON HIATUS

Hey! I'm Soft!
I'm a high school student taking all honors classes and procrastinating so much it's a surprise I still have all A's... We'll see how long that lasts. As such, I'm busier than I thought I would be and things are getting done much slower than I expected. Please bear with me while I catch up!

| PM me: Anytime! || Ask for Help: Absolutely! |

My Kalons
Softballpup12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Micki. » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:19 pm

this is being extended until April 5th @11:59 pm. please finish all forms by that time!! c:
    x

BLM donation adopts !!

Micki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyborgishly » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:49 am

Gl everyone!
this is calcutta,
bohemia is dead
cyborgishly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minutiae » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:58 am

May the odds be ever in your favor
Hi!
she/her
carrd
minutiae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Micki. » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:45 am

I liked all of the forms, but my last GA adopt gave out a lot of HMs / RUs so I'll only be giving one HM this time around. I hope to see everyone in more competitions, though!!

an HM goes to Softballpup12 for the cute hair design.

the winner is... Northstar.!! I really liked that you wrote out the different takes and some parts made me laugh quite a bit. I was especially fond of the Rumpelstiltskin take, and I think that the takes showed a pretty good bit of personality as well. congrats and I hope you enjoy Meredith!!

EDIT: please PM me and let me know whether you would like the pre-made hairstyle or if you've got a specific hairstyle in mind that you would like for her!!
Last edited by Micki. on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
    x

BLM donation adopts !!

Micki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups