Re: Volcanic Rune Dragon

Postby Verdana » Sat May 05, 2012 5:13 am

Owner Name: Verdana
~
Name: Lumatha
Origin: Zulu
Meaning: This word means 'flame' and thus seems fully fitting for this little rune dragon.
~
~
Personality: When he was young, Lumatha (or 'Lumi' for short) found himself in a Catch-22 situation. This little guy epitomises the concept behind the volcanic subspecies of his kind. A soft-hearted, affectionate dragon, Lumi wanted nothing more than to be loved. He would approach anyone and anything in search of companionship. However, if the poor victim of Lumi's affections was not daunted by his formidable-looking complexion, and decided to pat him, they were in for a nasty surprise. When excited, Lumi's skin glowed and radiated intense heat.

This led to him being dropped. Repeatedly.

He could not seem to understand that he was hurting anyone. When his victim backed away, he chased, not out of malice, but out of love. Lumi was single-mindedly devoted to anything that came his way.

However, as time passed, poor Lumatha began to grow bitter. His advances slowed, and then halted. It occurred to the poor little fellow that he would probably never be loved.

And so all of his energy, once directed at affection, turned twisted.

He is an angry, disillusioned dragon, who spreads his misery to others. He has a sharp tongue, a sharp wit, and an imaginative capacity for violence. He is a very dangerous enemy.

However, inside, he is still just misunderstood, and is not beyond rescue. However, the layer of hatred that has grown around him will be very difficult to shatter.
~
Why do you wish to have him: I take my characters very seriously. I only select interesting species, and remarkable designs.
This is one such design.
I am an avid roleplayer and story-writer, and am always on the look-out for new characters. Something in this design spoke to me. I love the hot colours, the history and the species in general. However, it's this one who has caught my eye. I love his darkness, his mystery, his dry, crackling heat. I could do a lot with a character like this. I've always been a huge fan of dragons, and I particularly like this species concept. I would love to be a part of it.
~
Where will you keep him: I will keep him in my character thread, alongside my other two dragon characters. He will also have a place in my signature, and in the official roleplay. He will not be taken off-site, unless I do art of him and put it on my Deviantart account.
~
Would you like to breed him in the feature: Yes, I most certainly would.
~
Any Quirks: Plenty. Lumi has a deep-seated fear of chocolate raisins and whipped cream. He loves pomegranates and coffee. He has a secret attraction towards red-headed people.
~
Other:
Gah! I only found this today! I gave him a bit of a history in his personality, and I won't have time to do art :( I wish I could do more. I love this character.
Verdana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Sat May 05, 2012 10:24 am

Winner Announced!

Congratulations LostGosling

You guys make this very difficult for me! But I have finally chosen LostGosling in the end since I feel she truly loves this Rune Dragon. Of course everyone seemed to love it equally which is why this was so difficult for me. I have to say that all three of your forms have been the most enjoyable to read because you all made me smile as I read them and none of you showed any ill will towards the others which is a big plus for me! Thank you all so much for writing such wonderful personalities for this little Rune and I promise there will be other Runes just for you out there so keep watching for new ones! ^__^
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LostGosling » Sat May 05, 2012 10:41 am

TTwTT
OMG, thank-you so much Benathorn!!!!!
"protectively clutches Tmavý, and then begins frantically trying to pat out the flames"
<33333333333333333333333333
.: -------------- | TH | ---------- | WMEs | ---------- | FR | --------------- :.
.: -------------- | TH | ---------- | WMEs | ---------- | FR | --------------- :.
LostGosling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Benathorn » Sat May 05, 2012 10:47 am

Your very welcome Gosling, I'm glad you were able to find your special rune. I hope I can help the others find their runes too. :3
Benathorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Savage Shepherd » Sun May 06, 2012 5:06 pm

Nice Broskie :thumbup:
Savage Shepherd