Based on Click to view
Artist Half Tree [gallery]
Time spent 27 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Chrysaora Basilisk #256 | Orphan Rescue Event

Postby Half Tree » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:41 pm

General Info
Chrysaora Basilisk are the prevalent equine creatures that inhabit the world Lucent. They roam by the hundreds, using their unique hooves to score the uneven rock and track down their most vital source of nourishment; evil. The relationship between Chrysaora and humans is a complex one. Chrysaora vocalize like horses, but are also thought to have a syrinx much like birds do and have been recorded displaying a variety of sharp, avian sounds. Their eyes layer over with a dark, murky black until their normal eye color pierces through in a great ball of electric light, radiating toward their victim's open eyes and paralyzing them. The Glare is able to stop both human and creature, and after a few days, unique to other forms of basilisk, the paralyzed being transforms into a sea nettle.

I hope you like your new baby! Sorry for the wait, I got a bit distracted after accepting forms. cx

Owner: Lyrebird
Name: Lucian
Link to form: XXX
Coat Color: Blue Taffy Frost Appaloosa

Orphan Rescue Event wrote:The story goes like this;
A human trapper had stolen many chrysaora foals and was selling them in a underground black market. A organization of people stopped him and rescued the foals, and are now trying to adopt them out. Each of the foals needs an experienced owner to love and raise them. We're counting on you, the members of the chry community, to give these babes a second chance at life.

Tasks:
- first encounter
- gaining trust
- first feeding
- free spot [make it original!]
Last edited by Half Tree on Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Chrysaora Basilisk #256 | Orphan Rescue Event

Postby Expresso. » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:10 pm

So cute!! Thank you! :) Can we draw art as well? If so, can I post it here? Thanks :)

This little orphan is so cute!!! Thank you Stumpy, it was not a wait at all <333 I'm so excited!! xD
My Characters | Trades | dA | Art Shop
ImageImageImage
I'm on a hiatus :'(
Expresso.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Half Tree » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:03 pm

crumpled wings wrote:

Each member will have the chance to "choose" the foal that they'd like to raise. After receiving your foal you will be asked to complete a handful of tasks that can be completed with either writing or art [or both, it's up to you]. Once you finish your tasks, your foal will grow to adulthood.

Rules;
- you only get one babe [it is a semi-custom after all]
- take your time when completing your tasks
- don't ask for mutations in your form, it is up to the artists
- post your completed tasks on your foal's page
- you cannot order your tasks from another
- be friendly and helpful to others!

I underlined the answers to your questions above.
I'm so glad you love them. If you need hex codes let me know. ^^
════════════════════════════◈════════════════════════════

....................................................INFP - she/her - critical role fan

...........................................................kalons - tolters - collies
...........Image

Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Half Tree » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:52 am

NOTICE: No tasks were completed so this foal is now up for re-adoption! You may not enter to win a foal you haven't tamed but feel free to try for one of the others.
Forms and end dates will be posted on all my foals shortly feel free to mark for now though.

Do the highlighted task, prettying up is allowed but no extras.
Tasks:
- first encounter
- gaining trust
- first feeding
- free spot [make it original!]
This ends on: 12/01/2015!

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Task:[/b]
Last edited by Half Tree on Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chaton, » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:24 am

Name: Lucian
Task:
Ugh who's calling me now... My sleep addled mind groaned as the phone's shrill ring echoed in my room. I'd just laid down to sleep not even thirty minutes before.

"Yup, whatcha need?" I squinted into the dark as I listened to the tinny voice on the other end of the line, the groaned and fell back into my bed. Another batch of orphaned foals, it never seemed to stop. The poor things just couldn't seem to find a home. "I'm on my way, keep the blue taffy for me."

Of course it had to be raining this morning, and the barest hint of red was beginning to bleed into the darkened storm clouds as the sun began to peek over the horizon. It was still dark enough for a flashlight, however, as I sloshed across the grounds to my truck, immediately turning the heater up to full blast and waiting for it to warm up before I pulled out and started on my way.

It didn't take long to get there, the place mostly empty at this hour. This time, there was no fanfare, the door was left open, bottles and formula on a nearby counter, and just a few lonely foals occupying the first couple of stalls.

These had already hatched, though not very long ago, and had, for some reason or another, found themselves back at the shelter barn. I found the blue taffy, and carefully eased into his stall. To my surprise, he wasn't afraid at all. Instead, his eyes held a challenge; touch me if you dare. And oh did I dare. Now I was intrigued.

He snorted, pawing the hay and shaking his head, staring me straight in the eye. I didn't break eye contact, instead grabbing an already-made, but cold, bottle and holding it out to him. I saw a bit of the challenge slowly slip out of his expression, though I could tell he wasn't going to make this easy on me.

"C'mon boy, come get the yummy bottle..." He pretended to go for it, even going so far as to bump his nose into the rubber end, only to squeal in my face, spin on his hind hooves, and race to the other side of the stall, kicking up hay as he went. Ugh.

This went on for an hour at least, and I eventually gave up, plopping down in the corner of the stall and just. Staring at him. I began to talk, to tell him about Kasimir and my other chrys. I saw his head bobbing and ears swiveling as if he was listening, agreeing, and eventually he came and folded his skinny legs right up against me, laying down next to me with his head in my lap and lazily lipping at the bottle. I could not believe... this fiery, wound up colt would just... up and all of a sudden decide to be friends with me.

Gently, terrified I'd ruin the chance I'd been given, I moved my hand to his bony shoulder, scritching up his neck and under his chin. And over and over until I fell asleep.

I must've been there a while, cause when i woke up, colt still sprawled over my lap, there was sunlight streaming through the slats in the windows, and the sound of thunder was moving off into the distance. I loaded the sleeping foal into my truck, extremely surprised he stayed konked out, and headed home. He ended up sharing a stall with my other rescue, Kasimir, and the two balanced each other out incredibly well. His name became Lucian, and he still yet continues to surprise me with his erratic behavior and attitude.
// i used to be lyrebird! please dont steal the name - i might change back! <3 \\
depressed again - please be patient with me
chaton,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Half Tree » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:04 pm

Congratulations!!!
Since you are the only form and I quite enjoyed your writing, I'm ending this early.
I also want to offer a little reward for being the only one to see this baby's potential, so if you would like to add socks and/or a blaze of any kind let me know. <3

I honestly forgot how much I loved the way this bab turned out. xD
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chaton, » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:18 pm

Aw thank you so much! I adore this bab sooo much hehe <3
I'd love to add a blaze and maybe like two socks? You can decide how they look/where they are. ^-^
// i used to be lyrebird! please dont steal the name - i might change back! <3 \\
chaton,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Half Tree » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:43 pm

Blaze and socks added. <3
Sorry if they look odd my pen pressure apparently left the building. cx

....................................................INFP - she/her - critical role fan

...........................................................kalons - tolters - collies
...........Image

Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chaton, » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:50 pm

oh no! i hope it's not too hard to fix :C
they look amazing, though!!! thank you again <333
chaton,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me