Re: Kalon #1058 [Non-Owners Only!]

Postby winged-backpack » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:48 am

username; winged-backpack
name; Dean
gender; Male

Story: (562 words)

"But mother, I can't. You know I can't sing in front of so many people!"

Dean stood behind the stage trembling. He had never sung in front of an audience before, and the butterflies in his stomach were slowly turning into angry wasps.

"Dean, baby, you have a wonderful voice!" his mother said, in her soft, calm voice. "Why do you think you got the lead?"

"But I'm scared, mother. What if I mess up?"

Dean was beginning to feel hysterical. Panicking he started to pace around on the spot. His soft, brown hair falling in front of his eyes. The auditorium was filling up fast. His choir was performing second.

It was all too much.

"Dean!" his mother yelled.

Dean ran out of the backstage area and didn't look back.

He ended up hiding out in front of the school. Panting, he sat down and leaned his back against the wall. The night air had a little chill to it. He heard the cheers from inside the building. The first choir had started singing.

"Damn," he thought angrily to himself. He looked up at the stars, which became reflected in his moss green eyes. His choir was going up in less than five minutes and he wasn't there. They might even lose without him there. He was the lead after all, and no one else knew his part. There were no backups.

"Dean?"

His best friend, Arthur, walked through the doors.

"There you are. What's going on man?"

Dean looked at his friend. Tears began to well up in his eyes, but he refused to let himself cry.

His voice only broke slightly as he spoke. "Just a little stage fright." He tried to smile.

"I thought it might be that. Come on man, everybody gets that. Even the great Ozzy Osbourne gets stage fright!"

Dean stifled a laugh. Arthur always found a way to bring up his insane music tastes. Despite his light, funny exterior, Arthur actually listened to Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden behind closed doors. Arthur smiled back at Dean.

"Come on, man! You've got an awesome voice, you gotta go."

Dean couldn't even move to stand. He looked at the floor, feeling ashamed at his own cowardice.

Arthur sighed.

"Listen, I was going to give you this after the show but somehow I'm thinking I need you to have this now."

Arthur reached into his bag, and pulled out a silk bow tie. It was the same colour as Dean's eyes. He held it out, and Dean took it, tears welling up again.

"Might help you with that stage fright, huh?" Arthur looked at his friend, smiling.

Dean pounced forward and hugged his friend. "Thank you," he said, crying,

A minute later, Dean was on stage. His mother was beaming up at him from the audience, and Arthur was in the seat next to her. The choir started to sing, and his solo crept slowly closer. His bow tie shimmered in the stage lights, and the fear he felt was being channelled into excitement. This was his time to shine!

Dean sang his heart out that night. His confidence soared, as did his heart and spirit. The crowd cheered as the song ended, louder for them than any other choir performing that night. As his choir left the stage, Dean was the happiest he'd ever been.
Last edited by winged-backpack on Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby quarz » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:10 pm

Dropping, just got my first two babes~
Last edited by quarz on Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeviantArt | Toyhou.se | he/him or it/its pronouns
getting really back into digimon lately :3
slowly but surely getting back into cs :'3
quarz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flooffy » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:19 pm

username;
name;
gender;

Ahhh, what a cutie! Mark.
wip
Flooffy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby elio. » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:13 pm

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
username - sweet.kuro
name - dublin
gender - male
════════════════════════════════════════════

dublin is a sweet and quiet type. he's super embarrassed by his thick irish accent and tends to be super quiet. he works at a small cafe and loves to read and write. he also carries around a sketchbook everywhere to sketch in. on his off days, he's usually at a nearby bookstore or at home. he's also rather lucky.
════════════════════════════════════════════
dublin yawned, clearly not ready for the day ahead. he rubbed his eyes and got ready for the day. he finally pushed himself out the door and began to walk to work like he did any other day. when he stepped inside the cafe, delicious smells of coffee and freshly baked goods overwhelmed him. he heard quite a lot of chatter as he walked behind the counter and into the break room. he opened his small locker where he stored his things for the day. he pulled his apron on and walked out of the break room. he waved to the coworker at the counter and got a wave back. he took his post at one of the coffee machines, ready for the many orders ahead. when it was finally time for him to leave he walked back into the break room and pulled off his apron. he grabbed his stuff that was left in his locker. he waved to a few coworkers and walked out of the doorway and back home. when he got there he collapsed in his comfortable bed.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Last edited by elio. on Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:39 am, edited 11 times in total.
elio.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShrimpnamedLuka » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:17 pm

username; Hikaru Fujioka
name; Hugo
gender; Male

Res <3
ShrimpnamedLuka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lysander » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:18 pm

x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

K A L E S Y S

username; lysander  |  name; kalesys  |  gender; nonbinary
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i know the distances are far between us; can't let this go
'cause i'm always gonna be a
dreamer !

B A S I C

✘. kalesys (kay-la-sees) / kale

✘. nonbinary (they/them)

✘. aquarius / enfp / esfp

✘. late teens or early twenties

✘. pansexual / panromantic

A P P E A R A N C E (HUMAN)

✘. 5'6"

✘. arm/thigh tattoos

✘. snakebites, double piercings on ears

✘. nails painted green

✘. classy casual wardrobe

✩  p e r s o n a l i t y ;   

It's hard to find another kalon quite like Kalesys. Their bright demeanor, although more than amiable and friendly, can often be a little overwhelming— not to mention the fact their infectious curiosity for the natural world around them tends to get them into stickier situations than they'd like. Still, nothing seems to get in Kale's way; sometimes rash, sometimes clever, and always quick on their feet, Kale possesses a tenacity that is hard to beat. Fueled by their passion for learning, they are the first to try new things and their hobbies and obsessions tend to change faster than the wind. Yet, despite that, the depth of Kale's interest usually leads them to become at least somewhat proficient in anything they try their hand in. They might be very, very lucky, indeed.

Of course, Kale has their faults just as anyone does. Their boundless energy and excitement can lead to poor judgment, and Kale's ability to read others is trying at best. Additionally, their confidence can make them cocky and snarky more often than not. They can be oblivious, insensitive, and irritable when they do not understand others' points of view. In fact, Kale can't understand why everyone can't be more like them— because they're convinced of their own greatness and believe everyone ought to be just as happy as they are. Because of this, Kale can often be blunt to the point of hurting others, even if this is not their intention. Perhaps worse still is that Kale rarely apologizes for their words or actions— they hate being wrong, and will argue their reasoning until the other party gives up. In this way, Kalesys still has a lot of maturing to do— because as experienced and richly-lived they might be, they can be very naive when it comes to relationships.

They love to travel more than anything. Kale has an insatiable wanderlust that sends them to places far away and unknown, often leaving home for months at a time only to show up again randomly, usually with interesting artifacts and souvenirs in tow. They love to hoard interesting objects they find on their travels and to eat new foods, meet new people, or do whatever else their heart tells them to do. Kale wears their heart on their sleeve, and tends to be trusting of others and optimistic about their intentions; However, betray Kalesys and they will be scathingly merciless in their judgment and their words. Wrong them, and they will remember for a lifetime.

✩  t r i v i a ;   

avid reader ; a great cook ; terrible at sports but tries anyway ; will do just about anything on a dare ; competitive ; type a personality ; not a romantic

✩  e x c e r p t ;   

it'd always been kale's motto that what didn't kill you only made you stronger. of course, there were exceptions to the rule as with anything, but as far as kale was concerned it worked in almost all situations... for them at least. that being said, kale couldn't decide if the pickle they were in fell into the latter half of the sentence or the former— because whether or not this cobra would make them stronger seemed to be completely dependent on kale's ability to avoid getting bitten in the first place.

it'd been their mistake to volunteer for an experiment that, for some reason, involved snake venom. the prospect of wrangling a cobra like in all the movies seemed pretty cool at first, but it occurred to kale a little too late that they did not actually know anything about snake handling. it couldn't be too hard, right? snakes were just tubes with fangs after all— no arms or legs or anything that could reach out and grab you, so kale figured they could wing it.

bad idea.
          for two reasons, actually.

the first reason had to do with kale's lack of experience, but the other, perhaps more important reason was that they completely underestimated the size of the cobra they were supposed to abduct. it was no ordinary cobra— instead of a regular-sized snake waiting in a little hole, kale came across a huge, gaping cave. its darkness practically swallowed the sound of kale's footsteps as they tentatively traveled further in.

this is where kale probably should've noticed the red flags. alas, the pursuit of knowledge was too tempting a fruit for kale to back out now. after all, this snake was supposed to provide their client with valuable samples that could be used to create antivenoms, medicine, all kinds of wonderful things.

it was those thoughts that carried kale's feet through the darkness, and now, merely fifteen minutes after first entering the cave, they found themselves blinking incredulously at a pair of huge, glowing yellow eyes blinking right back at them. kale swallowed dryly.

the things they did for science.

✩  o o c n o t e s ;   

hi! this is my first time applying for any kind of adoptable- so this is like, my first... adopt period? i have NO idea what i'm doing at all so please let me know if i'm doing something wrong !!! good luck everyone! i think i'm... cutting it really close to the word limit ahaa ;;; also oh my god sorry for making this thing so long !

as starcrossed as it seems, i still choose to believe
        it's a small world !

x
Last edited by lysander on Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:22 am

username; Knickknacks
name; Skipper
gender; Male

Skipper is pretty quiet, preferring to float around the 'edges' in social situations. He does, however, like being around others and is surprisingly sweet and witty to those he considers friends. He's definitely an introvert, yet oddly enough is willing to get along with nearly everyone, so long as they make the 'first move,' e.g. introduce themself, first.

I was just browsing the recent Kalons and this cutie caught my eye <3 quick form! Might add a little bit of art later~ good luck to all!
Hi there!
You can call me Knick! I'm a runner and casual artist
who loves thinking about stories and never writing them.
I’m around for various arpgs and species stuff ^^

art fight!
threads for arpgs/species I'm currently active in:
kalons--salted stone--knollclan--sound asheep--haven
other cs characters™

she/her -- student -- est
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby midwesternwerewolf » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:35 am

username; SomethingofaDreamer
name; Limerick
gender; Male
wip

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey, gang! My name's Wolfe!
I'm Ojibwe, Lesbian,
I go by he/they pronouns.
I'm a Leo <3

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx
fishing,
travel,
wolves,
powwow,
hiking,
camping,
cooking

xxxxxxxx

midwesternwerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peppermint mist » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:29 am

username; Peppermint Mist

name; Jackson
gender; Male
personality; He's kind and caring, he loves to help people in need.
mini backstory; He sadly lost his parents when he was young, one thing they told him was that even in his saddest moments he should smile and find the positive things in the situations. He loves to help people because it makes him happy to see other people happy.
x

x
Peppermint mist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nebullama » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:00 am

{ It feel like my life ain't mine - who can relate? }
username nebullama | name ryder | gender male
story -- reused from another tryout (ryder is the first-place winner)
Image Image Image
Nebullama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me