HE SCS Adopt #40: Domestic Longhair by Neah

Based on Click to view
Artist Neah [gallery]
Time spent 27 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

HE SCS Adopt #40: Domestic Longhair

Postby Neah » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:06 pm

Second Chance Shelter wrote:Second Chance Shelter is a dog and cat rescue where you can come to find a new member of your family. We rescue and rehabilitate dogs and cats of all shapes and sizes so they may have the chance to be placed into a caring home. All of our animals are special and deserve a chance to be happy with an owner that will care for them. The question is: are you ready to love them?

----

This ghostly looking fellow was dropped off to us when their previous owner realized they were deaf. The poor girl was sad to see them go but she wasn't able to handle this one's special needs. This darling is a little skittish as a result of it's lack of hearing, so they must be treated with care. It's going to take some coaxing to get them to come out of their shell but careful handling should be able to accomplish it.

For this one's competition, tel me how they feel about their lack of hearing.

Ends:
10/24/16

Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
Hearing?:

Genes:

A(fc)a // mcmc // bb // EE // CbCs // dd // dmdm // Ww // Ss // NN // Sbsb // Ii // WbWb // ll
ImageImage
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: HE SCS Adopt #40: Domestic Longhair

Postby Spiritstar3 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:30 pm

Mark
Just watching for now
Serenity
Good night, sweet Braveheart, we will miss you and never forget you. Fri. Apr. 8 2016
Julius went missing September 19 2022, assumed to have passed away.
My sweet angel, Storm, you were a birthday gift to me. Now, you return to heaven today- October 16 (2023)
-Canines, Cats, Horses, Tolters, SCS babs, Rukami, RWBW, Sprigons, Teacats
You are eternally screwed once Castiel turns his big blue puppy eyes on you...

Furtopia

Name: Darkness
Adopt one yourself! @PokΓ©mon Orphanage
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sharkie. » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:31 pm

Username: Sharkie.
Name: Sugar. Because he is deaf, his owner has taught him to recognize the sign for 'sugar' as his name. (This is the sign for 'sugar'.)
Collar Color: A brown leather collar with a tag reading 'Sugar' on the front / his owner's phone number and 'Deaf pet' on the back.
Hearing?: Sugar was born without hearing. His mother was deaf as well, although only one of his three other littermates shared their odd lack of hearing. Because he was raised by a deaf cat and an owner who knew how to handle this, it never really affected him. He never had hearing, so he doesn't think he's missing anything. His mother's owner kept him and his deaf sibling due to their special needs, but adopted out all of his other littermates. One day, however, Sugar slipped through the door while his owner was getting the mail. Nobody was able to find him, and eventually that had to give up. He was found by a sweet old lady in town after wandering for a few weeks. He was confused about why she didn't treat him how his old owner treated him, but soon got over it. The transition from her home to the shelter rattled him, but with his new owner he's doing very well, even though he can't hear.

Soon after being adopted by his new owner, a strange amber female began hanging around his house. She smelled like trees and creek water, but her snakeskin collar proved that she was not a stray. At first she moved her mouth at Sugar a lot, something that confused him, and seemed confused when he silently mimicked her movements. After a few days, however, she stopped and began miming things at him, much like his mother used to. She comes around most days, and they bask in his sunroom window together.
Last edited by Sharkie. on Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
hang in there while i redo my sig
Sharkie.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ty_tay » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:07 pm

Username: ty_tay
Name: Asha
Collar Color: Reflective blue
Hearing?: Asha knows that shes missing something in her life, but she isnt quiet sure what it is. She is contemplative over this absence as she watches the others around her move their mouths, and often she wonders why they do this, after all they arent eating anything. She questions to herself why one or another would respond in certain ways when it seems nothing has been done. She continues to wonder and contemplate this thing that it seems everyone else has but she is missing.
"Youre uncomfortable now? You should walk into one of their hideouts. Its like stepping on a hornets nest, kicking it and then setting it on fire." -Avian (Dissent)

ImageImage
Art by: me (with a mouse)
Art of: Mars & Jenova

Art by: preppy paws | Art of: Mars |Art by: Me | Art of: Rune

My Characters! *OLD* *NEW* - Rohktans - My CWHR horses
RP/Characters - X - VoK
I have old characters for trade here pm me if youre interested in one. Do not post on my thread please; its for character storage.
ty_tay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Isabella- » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:21 am

Username: Isabella45
Name: Hope
Collar Color: Periwinkle
Hearing?:
Periwinkle was born almost completely deaf, but she had some hearing which was unusual. She never heard things clearly, but she heard the faint mews of her mother and her loving words, as well as her siblings bickering. When she was five months old her hearing went completely and she got used to it quickly having had almost none to begin with, but on occasion she will try so hard to remember the whispers of sound she had the joy of knowing, even if for a short time. But hard as it is she has moved on and adapted well. But sometimes she has to admit she wonders . . . What if she had never lost her hearing? What would it have been like to hear her mother's voice just one more time, and hear her siblings speak her name? I guess she will never know.
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby womp womp » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:47 am

Username:
Diamond Sapphire
Name:
Rei
(It means "spirit" or "ghost", which I thought would be perfect for a Halloween adopt :3 But it also has many different other meanings)
Collar Color:
Blue with tiny little ghosts. (If you can't fit the ghost then just white swirls)
Hearing?:
Rei.. Rei? Can you hear me? Rei!

Rei has always been deaf. It wasn't as bad when she was younger. She could hear but they sounded like tiny whispers but now she's completely lost her hearing. It never bothered her, since she didn't know it was a disability. She can't hear her food pour into her bowl, she can't hear the loving words or her owner. Nothing.

Oh Rei... why do you have to be deaf?

She's been bullied for the fact she can't hear a word, but she can't even hear a loud squeak from a mouse so this doesn't hurt her feelings. She feels a bit lonely though, since she can't hear. She's always confused about the opening and closing mouths of other animals or people, since she thinks it's completely normal to be deaf.

She's as deaf as she'll ever be...

Even with her disability to not hear anything, she can still be a lovely cat to have. She's calm and is very sweet, so her deafness isn't affecting her personality in any sort of way.
Last edited by womp womp on Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
womp womp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Venatici » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:51 am

bumpin' this up! poor kiddo, they're really cute ; o ;

if anyone entering / thinking of entering wants some help feel free to toss me a pm! <3
|
|

|

|
|
|

|
|

πšƒπš‘πšŠπšβ€™πšœ πš πš‘πšŠπš πš’πš πš–πšŽπšŠπš—πšœ 𝚝𝚘 πš‹πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πšœπšπš›πš˜πš—πšπšŽπšœπš, πšπš˜πšŽπšœπš—β€™πš πš’πš?
πšƒπš˜ πš‹πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πš•πš˜πš—πšŽπš•πš’πšŽπšœπš, 𝚊𝚜 πš πšŽπš•πš•.

π™Έβ€™πš– πš—πš˜πš πš•πš˜πš—πšŽπš•πš’ πš πš‘πšŽπš— π™Έβ€™πš– πš πš’πšπš‘ 𝚒𝚘𝚞

───────────────────────────────────── β™₯ ──────
morgan . he/him pronouns
my love β™₯ lgbt+ . blm

gonny b gay β™₯ rose β™₯ bark bark
bean β™₯ kilogram β™₯ giant rat

──────── β™₯ ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Almond Bark » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:00 am

Username: Pasta.
Name: Oscar
Collar Color: Pastal Pink
Hearing?: Oscar is completley deaf in his left ear but half deaf in his right hear. You shouldn't approach him from his left side or he'll completley flip. Oscar's hearing is slowly getting worse, but hes living life to the fullest.
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
╔════════════╗
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
Rather Inactive, so please give
me some time to reply to messages.
- - -
any pronouns
01-30

𓃑 | 𓃹 | 𓃒
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
Almond Bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neah » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:33 am

Isabella45 wrote:
Hearing?:
Periwinkle was born almost completely deaf, but she had some hearing which was unusual. She never heard things clearly, but she heard the faint mews of her mother and her loving words, as well as her siblings bickering. When she was five months old her hearing went completely and she got used to it quickly having had almost none to begin with, but on occasion she will try so hard to remember the whispers of sound she had the joy of knowing, even if for a short time. But hard as it is she has moved on and adapted well. But sometimes she has to admit she wonders . . . What if she had never lost her hearing? What would it have been like to hear her mother's voice just one more time, and hear her siblings speak her name? I guess she will never know.

This is sweet, and we need some non-owners to win things. Take good care of the babe.
ImageImage
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Isabella- » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:44 am

Neah Walker wrote:
Isabella45 wrote:
Hearing?:

This is sweet, and we need some non-owners to win things. Take good care of the babe.

Thank you^^ Now I will have a baby to enter in future shows and such!
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me