Viscet #2851 - 72 Hour Impress Me - Judged! by Mint Chip

Based on Click to view
Artist Mint Chip [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
24 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Viscet #2851 - 72 Hour Impress Me - Judged!

Postby Mint Chip » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:45 am

winner
    user; Spitfyre
    name; Wilhelmina
    gender; female
    owned as of; 1.22.18
    (form)

runner up

honorable mentions

Offspring wrote:HB#0010

So I felt like making an adopt today. I really love how this turned out, so pretty but all those layers x'D I've just been feeling in a wintery-holiday mood. <3 So hopefully this will be the first of many. c:

[form]
Code: Select all
username;
name;
gender;
72 hour impress me:

[rules]
  • 72 hour impress me comp
    • no max on words / art
    • quality over quantity pls - I'd rather have 1000 words of good story than 3000 words of filler
  • no extras beyond the above allotted words/art
  • minimum of 350 words or 1 piece of colored or full body art required to qualify
  • prettying up is allowed

End Date: November 20th, 2018 @ 2pm (US) CST
no extensions will be granted
Last edited by Mint Chip on Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2851 - 72 Hour Impress Me

Postby Saberblush » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:51 am

username; LEEaboo
name; Frosty
gender; Male
72 hour impress me:
Saberblush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pacsaj » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:52 am

Mark!
•Icon made by Doosio on DA

Pacsaj

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyberdragon725 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:58 am

username;
name;
gender;
72 hour impress me:

My gosh mint why
xxxx my fren
xcreaterazoralexhowl
xbettajamesmiloyugi
xblutengu
xxx x COLLEGE‼‼‼
x blu helped coding siggg.
xxxxxx ^Precious Blu Bean
━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ 🌑 ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
x To Do ::
✁ Full time job! Growin up
✃ plz send help
✁ Make adopts
✃ Update that toyhouse
✃ Do your gosh darn homework
✃ Stop failing college
✃ HMU if you need a toyhouse code
✃ Anxious as heck, but I'm still here so there's that
✃ Comissions are open, feel free to pm me

━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ 🌑 ━ ━ ━ ━ ⭐ ━x
My Website - TH - DA - The Tribe
cyberdragon725

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spitfyre » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:03 am

:: Spitfyre :: Dr. Wilhelmina “Mina” Helada :: Female; DFAB ::

Art by Yugi/JackalGiana

Christmas Heartbreak

It had been years in the making, the design and creation of the prototype ship the CSS Minokawa. The entirety of Dyson Sphere Cygnus was abuzz with talk of the ship’s near completion, spurred on by the naming of the official Captain of the ship. The CSS Minokawa was to be captained by the youngest captain in the Stellar Cygniae, a vivacious young Cygnaut named Vemora Calawyx. It was the young female captain that Mina had an issue with, she was too brash, too much of a risk taker to be commanding what was ultimately her greatest accomplishment. Grumbling to herself as she made her way into the spacedock that the almost completed Minokawa was housed within, Mina headed straight for her office.

Willi!” A familiar voice called out to her, and the somewhat plain, pale blue and white viscet spun around to face the man. Mina knew of course who it was even before she turned to face the man, but her blue eyes still narrowed in annoyance.

“Vinculum. You are well aware that Willi is my least favorite nickname. You’ve worked beneath me long enough to know that, why do you insist on calling me that?”

The lanky green viscet shrugged his shoulders and shook his head. The ornamental jewelry dangling from his antlers swayed, the tiny chain links chimed softly as he leaned against a wall. “Mina dear, I have fantastic news! My request to adopt Rylan has finally been approved! I’m hereby requesting the next year off to spend time getting to know him better.”

Rylan… It took a moment for the name to click, before she recognized it. It was the young Peter Pan Syndrome viscling that Vinculum had grown fond of in the local orphanage. He’d been petitioning the local government to adopt the boy for over a year now and had gotten his application blocked on numerous occasions. Being a single man with a tendency to forget to eat and to take care of himself when he was wrapped up in his mathematics of space-time distortion had worked against him. “Congratulations! This could not come at a worse time though Vinculum. These next few weeks are going to be incredibly crucial though. The Minokawa will be launching for its first test flight shortly.”

Vinculum merely shrugged, “You know how important Rylan is to me. I need this time off Mina. I will be at my cottage in the Wyvern Forests in the Iblis Biosphere. If you absolutely need me, you know where you can find me. Otherwise, I can always tender my resignation?”

There wasn’t any other choice but to let her most brilliant theorist take a year off. Vinculum was her most well respected scientific mind. Despite not being incredibly ambitious, he was still the most brilliant space time theorist she had. His contributions alone made up almost 90% of the mathematical equations that would send the Minokawa through spacetime into alternate dimensions. It was his theoretical breakthroughs that pushed the project into prototyping. Sighing softly, Mina nodded, “Very well Vinculum. Be well my friend.”

Sighing, Mina retreated to her office, closing the door and locking it. Tidying up a few stacks of holoscreens, she sat down at her desk and brought up her most recent personal log entries. Leaning back, Mina tapped star and began to dictate a new log.

Personal Log ; 5th day of the 8th month of the 37084 year wrote:(5/8/37,084)
Vinculum is still using that ridiculous nickname of Willi. He knows very well that I hate it, but he still uses it. Part of me thinks he uses it just to irritate and annoy me, especially with the way he casually addresses me as Mina my dear every time I scold him. As much as he truly frustrates me, he is my most brilliant theorist and incredibly handsome. He’s so calm and nonchalant about everything and it’s positively infuriating sometimes. But whenever I need a solid person, he’s always there, no matter the time of day. Even though he’s taking a year’s leave I know I can count on him whenever I need him. I know how much being able to adopt Rylan means to him, and there’s no way I want to ruin that. Rylan is a very lucky boy to have Vinculum adopt him. I’m sure we’ll manage to finish this project with just a little bit of help from him. It’s a shame though, I was really just about to try to ask him out for more than a dinner between colleagues…

Of course, of all mornings for the project to hit a snag, it was that morning. Without Vinculum’s brilliance, the project ground to a halt. Mina brushed off the requests to bother Vinculum, knowing that he wasn’t going to come back so soon. He wouldn’t have made it to his forest cottage yet, and there was no point in calling him back. Vinculum would only resign immediately, exactly like he had threatened before leaving that morning. Not only would it detrimentally impact my team, but it would allow for his brilliance to be drawn away from Stellar Cygniae. Countless organizations would be clamouring for his brilliance, offering him what would probably be ridiculous sums and luxuries to join their theorists. There was a second, more selfish reason Mina didn’t want to risk calling him back. If she did, and he did leave, she’d no longer be able to look at him, and if she couldn’t work up the courage to actually ask him out, she could at least admire how handsome he was. So she held her silence, wishing that Vinc hadn’t taken a year off to travel to a remote cabin in a forest in an entirely different biosphere.

Weeks passed into months as they struggled to find a solution, and the teams of engineers and theorists were more stumped than ever. The snag they hit had brought the project to a complete standstill, and weeks later they were still no closer to a solution than they had been the morning Vinculum had left. Their only option was to push the launch date back, and Mina made the decision with a heavy heart.

The decision, like all the other decisions about the delay was met with quite a bit of disappointment and annoyance. All off which usually culminated with furious Captain shouting at her whenever they ran into each other.. Following the official postponement, Mina was met at her office door by a growling black and green viscet. Inwardly sighing, Mina inclined her head, “Captain Calawyx, how may I help you today?”

Unsurprisingly, Vemora’s tone was less than friendly, “Dr. Helada, your team has been unable to solve a problem with an equation that I’ve been told one of your best theorists could probably do in his sleep. Yet you let him take off for an entire year, and this ship is going to sit in spacedock waiting for him to come back unless your other theorists can figure out how the equation can be solved? Please explain exactly why you are sabotaging my ship.”

Mina could understand Vemora’s anger, but even so, she took offense to the notion that she would sabotage what would become her greatest contribution to Cygnus. Puffing herself up, Mina’s blue eyes narrowed, and she huffed out, “Vinculum requested a leave of absence. He’s been working on these formulae for years and he wanted a break. If you can’t learn to leave a man alone, you shouldn’t be captain of the Minokawa! You shouldn’t even have the chance to be near her!”

Vemora snarked back, “There won’t be a Minokawa at this rate. The project will be scrapped because you’re too stupid and stubborn to bring in your smartest theorist.” Turning tail, Vemora called back over her shoulder, “When you’ve decided to actually care about the ship, you can find me aboard the CSS Phoenix, docked at the Sparrow Intersphere Terminal.”

Closing her office door, Mina locked it before fleeing to the soft couch she occasionally slept on when it got too late for her to go home and come back the next morning. Dropping onto it abjectly, Mina curled up as tears came to her blue eyes. Sure, she’d been called cold and distant before, too logical for her own good, but she’d never been accused of not caring about her work. Her work meant everything to her, ever since her heart had been broken by her ex. Vemora’s words had been almost an exact echo of her ex’s, except instead of talking about a ship, he’d been screaming at her about her inability to focus her attention on him and their faltering relationship. Wiping away her tears, Mina pulled up her logs and quietly looked them over for a while before dictating a new one.

Personal Log ; 12/8/37,084 wrote:I miss Vinculum so much. If he were here I’m sure the problem would have been solved in no time, and now, instead I’m faced with a furious captain who won’t understand why Vinculum’s personal time means so much to him. I’m sure that she’ll just barge over as soon as she learns his location. But maybe if I go with her, I can soften the blow of having his leave interrupted. I’d like to see him again, it’s been a long few months without him. Without him calling me Willi it’s been positively quiet here. Oh, how I miss his smiles and easy manner. Maybe I’ll even find the time to ask him to dinner, of course I’ll have to invite Rylan too. Which doesn’t sound like much fun for a date, but who knows, maybe Rylan will like me and Vinculum will ask me to stay.

Mina smiled softly to herself, Captain Calawyx was almost certainly going to take her to see Vinculum once she arrived at the CSS Phoenix. The Captain certainly contained enough anger to enough to drag her across the sphere to visit someone on leave in a completely different biosphere. She’d use that anger to take advantage of the situation though, getting to visit Vinculum and by extension Rylan. She’d get her date with Vinculum soon enough.

Stepping onto the CSS Phoenix, Mina found herself surrounded by people all loyal to Captain Calawyx, and all equally annoyed with her. Raising her hands in surrender, Mina allowed herself be led to the Captain, somewhat apprehensive of the hostility the crew demonstrated towards her. Tugging her bag with the holoscreens of the formulae and equations tucked into it closer to her body, she stepped into the Captain’s quarters.

“I see you’ve finally decided to care about the Minokawa. Took you long enough. It’s been three days, and it’s been utterly clear that you don’t care nearly as much as you should.” Mina flinched back at the angry words Vemora spat at her, before straightening up and narrowing her gaze. Part of her wanted to just let the Captain rage at her and brush it off like it was nothing, because really, it was nothing to her. She only went along with this plan to get the chance to ask Vinculum out, and finally get Vemora to shut up. She was tired of the Captain’s attitude, though, and she wasn’t about to let it go anymore.

“Captain Calawyx, Vinculum is on leave with family business. He has a life and a family of his own. Just because your world is wrapped up in the Minokawa doesn’t mean everyone else’s lives should be wrapped up in it too. But you know what, fine. Let’s go and visit Vinculum. Let’s disturb the poor man while he’s attending to his family.” Shaking herself off, she gestured towards the hallway, “Shall we?”

Vemora huffed, her long tail whipping around and narrowly missing Mina’s legs as she turned and walked out of her quarters. Mina trailed behind and followed the angry captain into her shuttle bay. Together, the two entered one of the shuttles before Vemora expertly piloted the shuttle out of the ship. It wasn’t much of a surprise when Vemora’s voice was short and sharp, “Where exactly are we going?”

Mina smiled to herself, leaning back in her seat, “Iblis Sphere, Wyvern Forest, Sector 12, Accessible from the Warbler Spacelock. Vinculum owns a cottage there. If you’d excuse me, I’d like to get some work done on these formulae.” After an abrupt nod from Vemora, Mina retreated to the back of the shuttle and began a new log.

Personal Log ; 15/8/37,084 wrote:In a little more than 4 hours we will arrive at Iblis Sphere, and in a little more than an hour after that I can get us to Vinculum’s haven. I can’t wait to see him. I’m so incredibly excited to meet Rylan, and I can’t wait to get to be with him again. I’m going to ask him out, and I’ve even brought some of his favorite snacks along from the city. Hopefully he won’t mind too much about the intrusion into his personal space. I do hope he says yes though, I’m looking forward to taking him out.

With that, Mina closed her log and began working on the formulae, hoping that she could solve the problem without having to consult Vinc for more than a brief check. She really did hate to disturb him on his leave. Becoming involved in her work, she didn't even notice that they had landed until the shuttle door hissed open. Standing up, Mina gathered her holoscreens together and tucked them into her bag. Stepping ahead of Vemora out of the shuttle, she headed off towards a small, somewhat insignificant looking building. It was the only place to obtain transport, and after a brief, but pleasant talk with the owner, she procured them a small hovercar. She found it somewhat amusing that Vemora had been fairly silent since asking where they were going, but it really didn’t matter to her at all.

Together they silently drove through the quiet forest roads which would lead them to the small dirt path that would lead to Vinculum’s quiet cottage. Though she had never actually been, Mina had heard him talk enough about it to know what it was like. Getting out of the hovercar and locking it, she was about to start down the path when Vemora brushed past her. Shrugging, Mina figured it was better for her to trail behind anyway, and rescue Vinculum from the angry captain.

In the quiet clearing surrounding the cottage, Vinculum chopped wood with an axe, doing things the old fashioned way. Rylan sat within view as Vinculum worked, his back towards the cottage path. It was Rylan who first noticed Vemora’s arrival at the gate, and he rushed for Vinculum, who set the axe aside and scooped up his son. Nuzzling him gently, Vinculum murmured to him, “What’s wrong Rylan?”

“Strangers are here. Don’t let them take me away Vinc. Please don’t.”, Rylan whimpered softly, his little paws clinging to Vinculum. Turning around to face the gate, still holding Rylan close, Vinculum halted suddenly. The viscet before him was stunning, perhaps the most beautiful viscet he’d ever met. Her glowing green gaze captivated him, and it was a moment before he realized that he was staring. Flushing slightly, he crossed to the gate. He was so transfixed by the green beauty that he didn’t even notice Mina walking up behind her, “Can I help you?”

Vemora, unimpressed by the forest dwelling viscet, she scoffed at him, “Apparently you’re the only one who can. No one else is apparently competent enough to solve the problem that is holding my ship back.”

Vinculum tilted his head, studying her for a moment, before shrugging his shoulders. “Captain Calawyx. No one sent me any messages about the Minokawa being stuck. And anyway, they know how to contact me. I’ve been spending time with my son.”

“That’s mee! I’m your son Vinc! You’re not gonna takes me away?” Rylan squirmed in Vinc’s arms turning around to wave at Vemora. Vemora’s gaze softened, and she smiled at the little boy, “I’m not going to take you away Rylan. I just want to speak to your dad about some of the things he does for work. Is that alright?”

Rylan nodded and squirmed down just as Mina began to speak. Startled by another person he didn’t know, he ducked behind Vinc to peer out at Vemora, who had promised not to harm him, and the icy looking viscet who was towering over him with an expression of displeasure. He knew that look, and he hid behind Vinc nervously. “Vinculum, I’m so sorry about the intrusion on your leave. But Captain Calawyx here just insisted that we call you back because one of the formulae we need to program the dimension searching programs isn’t working. We’re all working hard on it, but you know, you are our most brilliant mind. Let’s just take a moment to review the formulae we’ve been working on in the privacy of your cottage?”

Vinculum wrinkled his nose, finally breaking his gaze away from Vemora, “Oh. Hello Willi - er. Mina. I didn’t see you there. Sure, I guess we could work on it. Rylan, did you want to come with? You can stay outside so long as you behave yourself okay?”

Rylan nodded, inching away from Mina, but slowly closer to Vemora. She was a pretty lady, and he was intrigued by all her interesting jewelry. Sitting down, he reached up towards her, and Vemora complied with his wordless request, scooping him up with a laugh. As Rylan began to examine Vemora’s earring, Vinculum smiled at her, satisfied that his son was safe. Vinculum preceded Mina into his quiet cabin. It was in the stillness and quiet that Mina moved closer, giving him a gentle hug. “I’ve missed you Vinculum. I can’t help but keep thinking about you. How have you been? Please, tell me what you’ve been up to with Rylan? Let’s talk over dinner?”

Flushing, Vinculum stepped away from Mina, feeling somewhat uncomfortable. This was uncharacteristic of Mina, she usually kept her distance. It was rumored that after her mate left her she had sworn off all potential romances. Some of his colleagues had tried to ask her out, only to be rebuffed by the cold hearted viscet. In fact most of his colleagues had learned long ago not to even look at her in any romantic light. Vinculum had never found any interest in her. Caught uncomfortably alone with her, Vinculum sought to let her down gently. He never wanted to hurt anyone, much less someone he admired and considered a friend and colleague.

“Mina, I’ve been well. But very busy. Rylan is very nervous about everything at first and he’s only really just started to warm up to the fact that we’re a family now. It’s just too early for my to even consider leaving him with someone else while we go out. And I’m quite frankly not quite ready to introduce a new person into Rylan’s life. He’s had a rough life already, abandoned by his parents and continually picked on for having PPS syndrome. I’m just not ready for any kind of relationship. I’m sorry.” Vinculum ran a nervous paw through his hair, studying Mina closely.

Her heart caught in her throat and Mina’s eyes darkened in pain, but she caught herself quickly. Composing herself she nodded, “Of course. I understand. Let’s just get to work then.”

Personal log; 15/8/37084 wrote:Vinculum turned me down. Maybe he truly isn’t ready. Fatherhood suits him well though. Perhaps in a few months I should try again. Christmas perhaps. I think that’ll give him plenty of time to settle down with Rylan and to be ready to start thinking about romances again.

It was Christmas Eve, and the once terse and awkward messages between Mina and Vinculum had regained their usual friendly - and flirty - candor. Mina had been planning her next move since Vinculum had turned her down. And it was a surprise Christmas visit. She had gotten together all her favorite Christmas foods, gift wrapped toys for Rylan, and prepared everything she wanted to take with her days in advance. Using the excuse of bringing Rylan toys, Mina was going to find the time to ask Vinculum out again.

She loved Vinculum more fiercely than she had loved anyone before. He was perfect for her. He understood the work load, the life of a theorist working away on formulae. He performed miracles with math and he was so heartbreakingly handsome. Vinculum was truly everything she needed in life, and she couldn’t wait to ask him out. Surely he’d be ready now. He and Rylan had had nearly 7 months to get used to each other and they’d be ready to add another family member into their little family. Excitedly, Mina retired to bed knowing that she was finally all set for her Christmas surprise for Vinculum. Her flight was booked and she was all packed and everything was going to be perfect.

Upon her arrival to the Iblis Sphere on Christmas morning, Mina wasted no time in getting a car and driving towards Vinculum’’s cabin. Snow was falling and all the trees were dusted in a light snow. It was beautiful but chilly enough to make her glad that the hovercar was heated. The hour long drive was peaceful, and she spent most of the time thinking over what she was going to say to Vinculum and how she was going to ask him out. It was just as she was pulling up to the pathway leading to the cottage that she noticed the other hovercar. That was curious, since VInculum was known to spend Christmas alone, though that was before adopting Rylan, so perhaps things were changing. Shrugging it off, she gathered her things from the trunk and made her way down the path.

Halfway to the cottage, she stopped, fluffed her hair and tightened her scarf. Taking several deep breaths, Mina tried to calm her racing heart. Approaching the cabin, Mina was dismayed to see that the hovercar had to have belonged to Captain Calawyx, who was leaning against Vinculum as they studied the tree that they must have finished decorating not long ago. Vinculum’s arm was wrapped around Vemora’s waist, and Mina’s heart sank. No one noticed her as she stood just outside the gate, her heart pounding wildly as Vinculum pressed a kiss to Vemora’s cheek.

Realizing she was staring and was obviously watching the couple, Mina edged her way off the path and into a stand of trees. Almost like a starship crash, the couple was almost impossible to take her eyes off of. Mina couldn’t help but watch as Vinculum turned to face Vemora, his deep sonorous voice carried easily across the clearing. Rylan, who had been building a snowfort beneath the tree fell silent as his father spoke, “Vemora, my love, I have never known such joy. With you and Rylan at my side I have everything I could ever need. I know we’ve only known each other a short while, but I have never felt more complete, never felt nearly as whole as I do with you at my side. And I want you to stay at my side for the rest of my life Vemora.”

Kneeling down, Vinculum beckoned for Rylan to come close, and he took the small box from his son. Turning to Vemora, Vinculum gazed up at her, “Will you do me the honor of becoming my mate? Will you be my mate and the mother of my son?”

Mina let out a little gasp of dismay, as Vemora threw herself towards Vinculum, crying out her acceptance. It was all Mina could take, and she ran, leaving everything behind, the presents, the food, her heart. Her heart had been utterly shattered as she watched Vinculum and Vemora together. Tears streamed down her face, having clung to the hope that she’d one day be Vinculum’s mate, that she would find her happiness with him. It wasn’t long before Mina realized she was lost, and she sank down into the fluffy white snow and cried.

As night fell and Mina grew colder, she finally found the energy to stand up. Her once pale blue coat was no longer just blue. Intricate patterns of snowflakes had sprung up to complement the beautiful blues. Her blue coat was frosty now, and Mina laughed hollowly, it was fitting, considering her last name meant Frost in a language which had died many years ago. Her beautiful blue coat was frosted now, and her heart, well that was hard as ice. Never again would she consider falling in love, never would she let herself grow close to another. With her resolve firmly in hand, Mina set her jaw and found her way home, a place that was as empty and as cold as her heart.

Of course her colleagues noticed, but none were brave enough to speak to her about it. And when Vinculum returned to work during the spring, Mina welcomed him back as cordially as ever but her heart wasn’t in it. No, her heart had been left behind in that cold, snowy forest on that Christmas Day. All that was left had been turned to ice.

Word Count : (4224/infinity)
Divider Art by Shadow Striker
Viscets Used :
Vemora Calawyx- Belongs to Shadow Striker and has been used with permission
Vinculum - Belongs to Me
Rylan - Belongs to Me

Thank you so much for the chance to try out for this beauty! And a special thanks to ShadowStriker for reading and rereading my story while I was writing it and fussing over all the minor details.
Last edited by Spitfyre on Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.

My very first
CB Prize!!
Spitfyre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Prince Audric » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:20 am

Username: PrinceAudric
Name: Jack

Meteorologist who is trapped by a blizzard
Last edited by Prince Audric on Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quote from Assassins Creed
Prince Audric

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imagine_Ink » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:05 am

𝚅𝚊𝚕𝚎
𝚄𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎| 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚘𝚗 𝙲𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛 || 𝙶𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛 | 𝙼𝚊𝚕𝚎

December 24, 2011

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From his seat at the top of the stairs, Vale could see everything. The vaulted ceiling high above the numerous bodies moving about, hung with garlands of holly and candles. Enchanted snowflakes drifting lazily from the ceiling, disappearing only feet above the mass of guests. The long tables laden with delicacies prepared the best cooks of the DeWinter household. A quartet, playing a sweet melody that floated over the crowd.

And in the center of it all, his parents, entertaining the party.

Vale shifted around to look through another part of the balcony overhanging the main hall. A spiral staircase wove down, its banisters hung with glittering lights. No one could see him, thankfully. Vale remembered his bed time had been two hours ago, before the party even began.

But it was fascinating. Vale loved the elegance of it all, the beauty of the entire party. The DeWinters always strove for elegance, even in the smallest of things. Vale was proud to be a DeWinter.

"Vale?"

Vale looked up at the sound of the voice. A silver viscet, with bright blue eyes was walking towards him. She sat down next to him, her soft tail wrapping around his small body.

"What are you doing u-up?" she asked, stifling a yawn. "It's nearly eleven."

"I couldn't sleep," said Vale, turning back to watch the activity below them. "Not while this party was going on."

The silver viscet nodded. She yawned and lay on her side, watching with him. They were silent for a moment, listening to the laughter floating up from the crowd.

Vale's gaze turned to his father, a bright blue viscet with snowflakes seeming to be etched into his fur. Fjord DeWinter stood up on his hind legs, smiling at they array of guests before him. Vale knew what was about to happen, and he watched eagerly.

Fjord reached a paw upward. From his palm, a wave of snowflakes burst out, dancing in time with the music. He whirled about, creating several icy statues to form with a sweep of his paw. The crowd oohed and aahed as he danced about, performing feats of wonder for their entertainment.

"Crystal?" whispered Vale suddenly.

Crystal looked up and over at her brother.

"Yes, Vale?" she asked.

"When do you think dad will teach me how to use magic?"

Crystal looked at Vale curiously.

"He usually starts when you first show signs of magic," she asked. "That's when he started teaching Frost and me."

"But you discovered your magic when you were one year old," said Vale. "And I'm nearly two! I thought I would've discovered it by now."

"Everyone discovers their magic in their own time," said Crystal comfortingly. "I'm sure-"

"What if I don't discover my magic?" said Vale frantically. "What if I spend my whole life trying to find my magic, but it never happens." He stopped, taking a deep breath.

"Vale," said Crystal. "Look at me."

Vale looked at his sister, who was staring at him sternly.

"Listen," she said. "I know you want to learn magic. I know you're frustrated that it hasn't come yet. But just because it's not showing now doesn't mean its not there. You have to be patient."

Vale frowned.

"But-"

"No buts," said Crystal. "You are a DeWinter. It would be very unlikely that you wouldn't have magic. Nearly all the DeWinters have had some sort of magical powers. It'll come eventually."

Crystal leaned over and wrapped her arms around Vale. He leaned into her soft fur, sighing.

"Let's go down to the kitchens," said Crystal into Vale's ear. "I'm sure the cooks would be willing to make us some hot chocolate. Then I'll read you a book until you fall asleep."

Vale smiled. He pulled away and got to his feet, his hand clasped in Crystal's. Together the two walked down the hall, on the way to have a party of their own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

December 24, 2013

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another Day, another party.

Little had changed over the past few years. The DeWinters still had their extravagant parties, inviting their closest friends and family to spend the night before Christmas together. There still was an extensive banquet, accompanied by silvery music floating through the air. And still the displays of magic wonder for the guests to enjoy.

But now, Vale was able to enjoy it all.

He stood at the dessert table, a glass of apple juice in hand. He may be older now, but he was still too young to taste the champagne his parents brought out for this special occasion. He grinned. He didn't care that he wasn't able to fully indulge on the activities the party had to offer. He was here, and that was all that mattered.

"Vale!"

Vale looked up, and saw Crystal striding towards him. His mind flashed to this exact night, two years ago, as he experienced extreme deja vu. He grinned and padded over to meet her.

Crystal grinned, taking a sip from the glass in her paw.

"How does it feel to finally be at one of the famous DeWinter Christmas Eve parties?" she asked casually.

"Different," said Vale breathlessly. "After all those years of spying on it, it's nothing like I thought it would be."

Crystal looked at him worriedly over the rim of her glass. "So..." she said. "Is that a good thing?"

Vale laughed.

"It's amazing!" he said, spinning in a full circle. "I have no words..."

Crystal laughed.

"Are you ready for tonight?" she asked. "I remember I was pretty nervous at my first DeWinter party."

Vale considered this for a moment. Whenever a DeWinter child attended their Christmas Eve party, they were required to demonstrate their prowess, no matter how long they had been learning for. This was why they usually waited until they had been learning for at least a few months before coming to one. It was a tradition as old as the DeWinter family itself.

"I am actually," he said confidently. "Even though I've only been learning for a few months, I'm confident in what I can do, and I know I'm prepared to show off."

Crystal's eyes gleamed with pride. "What will you be doing?" she asked.

Vale grinned.

"It's a surprise."

Crystal groaned.

"The suspense is killing me," she said sadly. "Just give me a hint."

Vale opened his mouth, but was interrupted by a voice speaking over the crowd.

"Ladies and Gentlecets!" said the deep voice of Fjord DeWinter. "Welcome to the DeWinter household once again for our annual Christmas party! It's an honor to once again be your host on this fine night." His words were met with a round of applause, as more viscets turned their attention towards him.

"Now, I would like to introduce the mage who will be performing for you tonight," continued Fjord, as the last of applause faded away. "After only a few months of training, he's convinced me that he's ready for tonight. I don't doubt, as he's progressed faster than anyone I've ever seen."

Vale exchanged a warm smile with Crystal, who was glowing with pride.

"It is my honor to introduce my son," said Fjord. "The youngest of the DeWinter children, Vale Arcticus DeWinter!"

The crowd applauded as Vale made his way forward. They parted, creating a path to the raised dais his father stood upon. Vale tried not to blush as he climbed up next to his father.

They exchanged a hug. Fjord gripped his son tightly, before pulling away and jumping off into the crowd. Vale stood alone, gazing out of the crowd. He took a deep breath and smiled.

It was his moment. He was not about to allow nerves ruin it.

Vale raised a paw, preparing to unleash his powers, when the front doors exploded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

December 24, 2013

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wooden pieces flew everywhere. Smoke billowed in voluminous amounts into the house, obstructing the outside. Screams filled the air and viscets fled from the wreckage. Fjord DeWinter ran through the crowd, halting at the edge.

Vale watched in horror as the outline of a viscet appeared from the smoke. A massive viscet emerged from the clouds, pure white, draped in silver silks. With every other step she took, there was a dull clunk, as her staff hit the floor. She paused after a few steps, taking in the wreckage of the party.

“So…” she said softly. “This is the famous DeWinter household. It’s…” she paused searching for the right word. “More firey than I would have imagined.

“What.” Said Fjord loudly. “Are you doing here? You have no right to barge in on this party."

The newcomer turned her gaze to Fjord. She studied him, looking unimpressed.

“How do I put this?” she said, rubbing her chin. “I. Don’t. Care. I can go wherever I want, whenever I want. There’s nothing you can do.”

“You’re not allowed to be here,” said Fjord. “Leave, or else we will forcefully remove you.” Snowflakes swirled around his feet. Several more mages stepped out, emboldened by Fjord’s courage.

The newcomer rolled her eyes.

“Really?” she said. “Fine. I’ll leave. But only,” she raised a paw. “If you listen to what I have to say."

The mages looked over at Fjord, waiting for him to make a move. His eyes were narrowed as he stared the newcomer down.
“Go on,” he said in a dangerously low voice.

The newcomer laughed.

“I have come,” she said, spreading her paws out. “For your children.”

The room gasped collectively. Vale glanced at Crystal, who stared at the newcomer. She quickly glanced over at Vale, looking fearful.

“If you could just point me in their direction,” she continued. “I’ll let you leave in peace.”

“You’ll never take my children,” said Fjord. “Leave at once! You have no right to ask that!”

The newcomer’s smile melted off her face.

“Ssssooo,” she growled. “You’re choosing to do this the hard way?”

Fjord glared at her, his head held high.

The newcomer took her staff in both paws. She slammed it to the ground. The place where it hit began to glow with bright, white light.

“If you will not give me your children,” she said, her voice echoing through the room. “You will not leave. Until you give me your children, you will stay in this house, bound to it forever. Attempt to leave, and I will know. If any of your guests attempt to smuggle your children out, I will know. From this day Forward, you will suffer an eternal winter, never to see spring again.

She raised her staff and slammed it to the ground once more. The house shuddered, as the newcomer was consumed by light. Vale closed his eyes, shielding his gaze from the explosion of light.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Vale finally opened his eyes again, he was alone. The guests had gone, leaving him with only his family. He was sprawled on the floor, staring up at the ceiling. The snowflakes were no longer falling.

Fjord reached out a paw to Vale.

"Are you okay?" he asked, his voice filled with concern. "I've sent all the guests home."

Vale nodded, grasping his father's paw. Fjord heaved him up from the floor, helping him to brush off.

Crystal got up from the floor, gazing around. Her eyes were filled with tears.

“Wha-“ she said weakly. “What just happened?”

Fjord bounded over to his daughter. He enfolded her in a hug, and let her bury her head in his shoulder. Vale heaved himself to his paws, shaking all over.

“That viscet will pay for this,” growled Fjord.

“But how?” asked Vale. “If she was telling the truth, we can’t leave.” The reality of their situation struck him hard. “We’re trapped.”

Crystal let out a sob, muffled by their dad’s fur. He urged her to sit down, rubbing her fur gently.

“What are we going to do, Dad?” said Crystal.

Fjord, for once, looked lost for words.

“I don’t know,” he said, looking around. “I just don’t know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last edited by Imagine_Ink on Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:54 am, edited 7 times in total.
Imagine_Ink

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:14 am

-slams down a mark- holy HECK what a beauty! gl all!!

Username:: Knickknacks
Name:: Lucius Boreas Fractalus
❆Quick Fact wrote:Lucius is an ice mage- the first
one born to the royal line in
generations.
❆Personality wrote:❆Defining Traits:: Clever; Charismatic; Undisciplined
~❆~
Lucius, being a prince, is expected to be charming. And that, indeed, is one thing he's good at- this viscet can put on a pretty face and be extremely winning and charismatic when he wants to be. But that doesn't necessarily mean he's always... obedient. For all his royal upbringing, Lucius is a free spirit who does whatever he wants to do, much to the consternation of his parents and his tutors. He frequently skips lessons or social events if he decides he has something better to do. Lucius has a long way to go before he's mature enough to take the throne.
Chapter 1: Fire wrote:No.

Not possible. This isn’t real. It’s not-

Fire wasn’t commonly seen outdoors in the kingdom of the ice plains. It was rather a fruitless pursuit to try to keep a fire going in the face of the harsh winds that blew through the flat, icy landscape. Fire was more commonly placed indoors, in hearths or fireplaces, to keep viscets warm and out of the wind.

But right now, all Lucius could see was fire: a pillar of fire and ash where the palace used to be. Lucius could see the remnants of the shining walls melting- no, they were enchanted; they weren’t supposed to melt, ever. This can't be.

Everything was wrong. Despair battled with denial in the young prince’s chest, and he felt his eyes stinging with tears, his heart jumping almost painfully in his chest.

What should I do? Where can I go?

Lucius glanced around the street- it was filled with citizens, staring at the explosion, horror written in their faces. He turned and pushed through the throng, suddenly wanting nothing more than to get away from all this. He didn’t want to look at the wreckage of his home, didn’t want to think about everyone who had been alive this morning who was now-

Mom. Dad. All those nobles and guards. All gone.

Who would have done this? The monarchy was generally benevolent and well-liked. His parents… they had been good rulers. They didn’t deserve this.

…was he supposed to be dead, too? Lucius shivered at the thought. I should have been there tonight. As in… I was supposed to be. In theory.

Did the perpetrators of this crime think they’d succeeded? Or did they know that a member of the royal family still lived?

Will they be coming for me next?

Lucius quickened his pace, turning onto an empty side street. It would probably be best to get as far away from here as possible. No matter how much he wanted to stay and mourn, to run to the scene and check for survivors-

He yelped with shock, his heart jumping fearfully again, as paws suddenly gripped his shoulder and yanked him roughly onto a dark side street.

Chapter 2: Ashes wrote:in which Lucius takes flight.
Chapter 3: Snowfall wrote:in which new beginnings are found.

~wip<3
Art! wrote:

--a portrait of Lucius :>
ImageImageImage
aaand a series of sketches!
1) Lucius, before the destruction of the palace, was a very popular figure in the kingdom- he sure can be charming when he wants to be.
2) Lucius seeing the remains of the palace
3) Lucius fled the city onto the ice plain in an effort to escape the revolutionaries responsible for the explosion; he's caught in a snowstorm and attempts to deflect some of the weather with his powers, but he was a lazy student under his mage tutor and isn't powerful enough to combat a fore of nature like that. don't think about your tutor, Lucius- don't think about how he's most likely dead, too- Bet he wishes he didn't skip so many lessons~
Last edited by Knickknacks on Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:37 am, edited 6 times in total.
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gadgetrocks » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:28 am

Art
Calder
Male
Male

"I, Calder of the ice, can create anything from a humble glass of water." The eyes of the other viscets in the room were judging him, challenging him. Calder loved it when this happened. He was a show-off and he loved being one.
"Oh really?" The harsh voice of a male viscet called from across the store, " We don't believe you, Mr. Ice Wizard. I've seen I've mages before, they can do impressive things, but you're tiny. And no wizard would just offer up their gifts like that. " Calder picked up the glass of water, a determined smirk on his face. Turning to face the one who'd called him out, he asked, "Well sir, if you don't believe me, then what shall I make, a dragon, a piece of cheese? " The burly viscet looked down at the over confident mage, the smug smile Calder wore almost making him mad.
"A dragon. You'll never be able to make a dragon, not with a glass of water." Calder breathed out a puff of cold air, though the small restaurant was warm. He tipped the cup into his palm, he water shifting to a lump of relatively dragon shaped ice.
" Knew you couldn't do it. " the grey viscet huffed. Calder took the lumpy dragon and someone's else's glass of water, dumping it one to dragon. The new layer of ice hardened, the edges of the dragon becoming sharper, it now genuinely looked like one.
"Sir, that is where you'd be wrong." Calder there the tiny fragile dragon at the huge furry grey viscet, who's face had an expression of complete shock. Bowing , Calder strode out the door into a cold night, throwing his scarf back over his shoulder. He was the greatest ice mage, and he knew it.

Calder walked out into the frozen cobblestone street, the sky a darkened blue with a few white stars twinkling. He should have retreated back to his inn, but something deep within him made him go farther, striding through the cold streets, right out of town into the frozen woods. His head held foggy and heavy, but still he walked on. He at first knew where he was going but soon the trees covered in glistening frost seemed to close in around him, catching him in the dark woods. The fog that had seemed to drive him here suddenly departed, and he looked around, suddenly aware that he was lost. He whipped around, but only more dark trees greeted him. He tied his scarf tighter around his neck in frustration, starting to walk in a random direction, but a pair of yellow and black ringed eyes stopped him.
"You were surprisingly easy to lead out here." The viscet had emerged from no where, the body of it fading into a black and blue mist after his chest fur. Who this was snapped into Calder's mind in a flash.
Last edited by Gadgetrocks on Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Gadget/Tic Tac - he/they/she - adult

Just a little guy!! Very very into my OCs rn
Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Gadgetrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rescue2001 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:22 pm

Mark
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicorn♑

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me