Re: Viscet #1259 - Dragon Hunter - ROUND 2 PAGE 4

Postby Frisbees » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:47 am

Link to Round One Forum
Childhood Experience (600 max) -

The soft tussle of the trees relay into Erik's ear as his mother shuffles into the room. Clunks of metal could be heard along with Erik's shorter tail swinging from side to side. Time stood still as his mother brought out a dark black set of armor. Today was the day, the day that Erik is sent into his dream camp, the WRTC. That acronym has been bounding around in this eager viscets head for years and years. The Warrior Ready Training Camp would be his first step on his journey to be a warrior. Time sped up once more as she has set it down in front of of him, "What are you waiting for sweety? try it on!" Erik jumped into action and slid on the chilled armor. "Do you like it?" His body was shaky from all of the happiness bounding against each other. Erik started to bounce around letting the armor clink against other pieces but his laughter was above it all, "I love it mama!" Erik cried as he paused. He soon took off his helmet and ran to his mom, "Thank you so much!"
"thank you so much"
"thank you so much"
"thank you so much"
the soft echo rings in his mind as erik looks at his worn, black, and beaten set of armor on a stand. Tears start to well up in his eyes as he reaches out to touch.
"I love you mama, I'll always love you."
(225 words)
Extra (Optional) -
Hi, I'm new here.
So please "bear" with me!
haha
-Shaded- is my sibling and is showing me around this cool site!
--
He/Him pronouns
I'm just a guy that likes to make
conspiracy theories and annoy my sister
---
Aspiring photographer
My sons--Fahari Mono
ImageImageImage
To-Do
nothing ATM
Frisbees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ABeardedDragon » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:06 am

Link to Round One Form
Childhood Experience:
Curled up by the warm, dying fire under three thick, patched-up blankets, Althea rested her head on her father's arm. He stroked her mane as she eyed the faded scars that ran along his neck.
"Althea," he spoke softly, "did daddy ever tell you how he got these scars?"
She shook her head.
"There's monsters out there," he said. Her father looked into her wide, curious eyes and let out a small sigh.
"Monsters?" Althea asked. Her voice squeaked. She imagined green spotted fluffy things with six legs and one eye. The sort of thing she fears under her half-broken bed.
"Dragons," he said, "huge flying lizards that breathe fire."
"How big?" She asked.
"The biggest, Akkim, is said to be to five times as big as me," he paused, "the smallest are about the same size."
"What did it do to you, daddy?"
The flames shadowed his face. He glanced away for a few moments until he felt the jab of Althea's paw in his neck. A slight smile spread across his face; he sweeped his large tail around her and pulled her closer. She could feel his warm breathe against her cold ears.
"I fought a dragon," he said.
"Tell me! Story time, tell me!" The viscling squealed.
"I was on my way to the town with some game," he started, "through the forests."
She could see her father under the dense canopy, mottled with scattered light, tinted green. An old bag slung over his shoulder, full of game, proudly hunted by her father. The leaves scratched against him on the narrow dirt path. Twigs snapped under his feet and silenced the song birds.
"There was a roar," he told her, "then it landed in the trees."
Her father looked up to the sky as the piercing roar filled the air. He could hear the heavy wingbeats circling and the tail whipped in the air. Then silence. A large tree creaked. The large black head, horned and covered in jagged scales, dipped under the canopy, a yellow eye stared straight at him. It's yellowing teeth were bared. The dragon screeched, the vile spit reached him.
"It came straight for me, pinned me by the neck with it's claws."
The dragon slid from the trees with a crash. Birds scattered as it darted towards her father. He froze. With one quick swipe it pushed him into the dirt. Sharp claws dug into his neck. The dragon's head curved to the captured viscet struggling in its grasp. He could smell the rancid breath looming over him. The dragon roared and lunged to bite. It screeched and recoiled. Her father looked up to catch a glimpse of his dagger in its eye, before it took off.
"It flew away to die," he said. The viscling under his tail shivered and covered her ears, nestling into his fur. Althea felt her father curl around her.
"Please don't go daddy," she sobbed. She pushed her face into his now damp fur.
"Shh," he whispered, "it's gone now. Daddy's here."
"Pwomise?" She mumbled.
"I promise, sweetie."
Her father hummed to her over the crackling flames as he stroked her black mane. She felt warm, sheltered from the bitter cold outside. Her eyes fluttered as she tried to fight off the comfort of sleep. Until she gave up and the world faded to black; though Althea dreamt of her hero father in shining armour, fighting the meanest dragons of them all.

But in the mountains across the river, the one-eyed black dragon waited.
588/600
Extra:
/200 or art
Last edited by ABeardedDragon on Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ABeardedDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Trompy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:57 am

Link to Round One Forum
Childhood Experience (598/600) -
Smoke filled his nose as he coughed himself awake from a deep sleep. The ground shook as Kaizen’s eyes flew open, and he flung himself from his bed. Screams filled his ears as he jumped up to look outside his window, his eyes widening in horror as flames spewed from an unseen source and torched the house next-door to ashes. Running to open his bedroom door, he saw smoke creeping in from around the frame. The handle was hot as he opened it, his little paws trembling. Flames engulfed half of the hallway.

“Mommy, Daddy!” His calls were lost to the roaring of the beast outside that was destroying his village. He tried opening the door to his parent’s room, but the knob was too hot. He convinced himself that they must be outside already, so he did the only thing he could think to do.

Run.

Out the front door and into the road, he ran. He stopped to look behind him, only once. The black, unforgiving eyes of the creature much more massive than himself nearly froze him in place. Its scales reflected the fires it had set throughout the town. It’s thick, spiked tail created a loud thud that could be felt through the earth as it demolished another building. Large wings spread out behind it, making it appear larger than it already was. It used its mouth as a flamethrower and torched everything in its path. He swore the demon looked right at him, and smiled. Those glistening white teeth that were surely ten times his own size shook Kaizen out of his daze. He saw that the living members of the village were trying to fight the creature, and he cried out to them. “We need to run!” His little words fell on deaf ears as the large creature took a deep breath, readying itself to spew out another stream of flames. Kaizen’s eyes filled with tears, and he disappeared into the forest.

He ran for what seemed like forever, until he could merely see a faint glow in the sky from the flames his torched village created. He found a tree with a large hole at the base of its trunk and he curled into a ball, using his brown pelt to blend in with his surrounding and hide out the night. He tried desperately to get some sleep as the distant roars of the beast left him too scared to even breathe.

As the sun rose and the roars ceased, Kaizen padded his way back towards his home. The smell of smoke still haunts his dreams as he entered the clearing, only to see a bunch of ash and rubble. Not a single building was left standing, and only a handful of viscets were left; most of who were knights who had come to help dig through the rubble in search of any more survivors. His eyes scanned the scene, and in his shock he didn’t even see the knight that had wandered up beside him. Kaizen’s eyes filled with tears, and he asked himself. “Why?”

The Knight that was standing beside him sighed, placing a large, comforting paw on his tiny little shoulders. “I’m sorry, kid. Dragons don’t need a reason to do horrible things.”

Kaizen’s vision blurred. His little heart breaking from sadness, fear, horror, and a new feeling that he had never experienced before in his short life.

“Everybodys.... gone....”

This feeling was known as fury. A feeling he would come to live by, and let dictate his life. His singular reason for living.

And he needed revenge.

Extra (Optional) -
Last edited by ~Trompy on Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Trompy
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Softballpup12 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:49 pm

dropping
Last edited by Softballpup12 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amazing Art by Sixbane ^^^^^

ON HIATUS

Hey! I'm Soft!
I'm a high school student taking all honors classes and procrastinating so much it's a surprise I still have all A's... We'll see how long that lasts. As such, I'm busier than I thought I would be and things are getting done much slower than I expected. Please bear with me while I catch up!

| PM me: Anytime! || Ask for Help: Absolutely! |

My Kalons
Softballpup12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pterolykus » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:39 pm

Link to Round One Forum
Childhood Experience (600 max) -
Extra (Optional) -

Dropping out unfortunately
Last edited by Pterolykus on Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it. *-Rafiki*
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars. *-Les Brown*
Every adventure requires a first step. *-Cheshire Cat*

Please say that I referred you ^^ TY

Image Image Image Image

Image Image

Image Image
Pterolykus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lexthedestroyer » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:16 am

Link to Round One Forum
Childhood Experience- Before he was Volant, Volant was nobody. No name, no ranking, no extraordinary accomplishments. That was when he decided; something had to be changed. To get a name, to earn a place in the pack, you had to do one thing, any thing, that was deemed ‘brave’ by the dominant Alpha. For Volant, this was difficult. A mild-mannered Viscet by nature, he was terrified of most things; water, strangers, unfamiliar situations, crowds. Any situation where he didn’t have control would send him flying, quite literally, away. The only virtue he had were his wings; a rare gift, the gift of flight, honored by others.

Regal feathered wings sprouted from his shoulderblades, a deep mahogany at the base, and tapering to white at the tips of the feathers. His favorite pastime was soaring through the clear skies of his family home, where barely a cloud ever drifted across the horizon. On mild autumn days, he would go out and pretend to be a fallen leaf, drifting lazily through the air, only to shoot upwards and start all over again, letting the currents of air carry him through his sky, the only place he truly loved.

When he was a Viscling, barely a month out of his shell, his mother had insisted he learn to fly. As the son of the Alpha pair, he had to show his pack the strength of a pure bloodline. Every day, she would nose him out of the den and teach him; wing rotation, hopping, everything needed to make a good flier. She taught him how to use the air to his advantage, to spring on unsuspecting prey, scout for food or danger from above, and to command an air of leadership. If you could capture your pack’s attention, you could capture their hearts. So finally, at 7 months of age, Volant decided it was time for his act of bravery.

There had been attacks on Viscets out hunting by a bird of prey, a great brown eagle with bright white tail feathers. It had injured several members of the pack, even managing to almost carry one away before they managed to fight their way out. Volant decided he would defeat this beast; what better way to prove himself to the pack than by eliminating the thing that terrified all of them the most? And, even though his wing-tips trembled with terror, even though his eyes begged to be closed, to hide, he refused. He fought past the panic, and readied the bait; himself.

The rest of the pack was hidden in the foliage, and the bird was in the air, circling ever closer to Volant. He forced himself to relax, running over the plan in his head. When he had lured the demon close enough, just before the strike, he was going to rise and shoot up into the air, over its head. When it was startled, he’d give the signal, and the rest of the Pack would rush the bird, bringing it down. Then, food for weeks!

But in a single moment, it went awry. As the bird swooped lower, Volant readied himself, and when it was almost upon him, he rose, frantically trying to gain air. He didn’t prepare for the bird’s fast reflexes, however, and found his wings trapped in its ferocious beak. He screamed, and the pack ran out, bringing down the bird, but not before Volant had lost his wings, left with only scarred stumps and a faint memory of the touch of the wind. The dominant Alpha gave him his name as soon as his wounds had healed; Flightless.
Extra (Optional) - Art piece, WIP!
lexthedestroyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nero The Corgi King » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:19 am

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3381165#p107306585
Childhood Experience (600 max) - Arbor had a rough childhood. When Arbor was born his father wanted nothing to do with him. For many months his mother was forced to take care of him by herself, when he was old enough to wander out by himself his father came into his life once more and began training him to be a warrior. Every day for a year he worked hard on training to be a warrior until he had a heart of ice that was stronger than steel.
Extra (Optional) - No extras
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Nero The Corgi King

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DragonCave » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:27 am

Ahh I'm sorry I have a lot going on right now so I won't be able to compete :c Good luck everyone!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
  • She/her
  • Cancer ♋
  • Band trash
  • Aquarist
  • More
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DragonCave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadow Striker » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:08 pm

Link to Round One Form

Childhood Experience

The sounds of destruction surrounded the frightened Viscling. Atticus's scared trembles rattled the leaves he hid under, giving away his position.

"Calm, pup." Atticus's guardian, Mordecai whispered, his voice hoarse from battle. "They'll find you. They'll take you."

The large beast stood protectively in front of Atticus's hiding place, shielding it from harm's way. This was the second raid on their village this week, and Mordecai knew they wouldn't stop till they had the hide and bone of every last living dragon left. He worried for the Viscling's future, and if he would survive in the world with his guardian gone. Mordecai shook his head; he couldn't think such things. He had to live, for Atticus.

Just then, a large, armored viscet crashed into their cave, the place that had been home for Atticus since he hatched.

"Back foul beast!" The intruder cried.

Mordecai let out a bellowing roar, knocking the viscet a few feet back, but she quickly stood up, sword still in hand. With a quick movement, she swung the sword, injuring the mighty dragon. Mordecai whipped his tail in pain, sending the murderer flying into a tree, knocking her unconscious. He tried to tend to his wounds, but it was too late; the damage was done.

"Atticus, come here young one." The dragon wheezed in agony.

The viscling cautiously approached, tears running down his face.

"Remember who they are, what they've done." Mordecai warned Atticus. "Remember who you are and all that you stand for."

"Don't leave, Papa!" The viscling whimpered.

"I must" His voice cracked in sorrow. He knew he must remain strong and show no fear. He wanted Atticus to remember him as a strong, caring caregiver. "In the back of the cave, in the chest, it's for you." He took a deep breath and continued. "Do good in this world, Atty. It needs you." He nuzzled the young child and closed his eyes for the final time. Atticus tried to wake him, but to no avail. With a heavy heart, he plodded over to his bed and curled up, mourning the loss of the only family he had every known, and he fell asleep.

A ray of morning sunshine landed in Atticus's eyes, waking him up. He didn't have any idea of how long he had been asleep, but his stomach growled in hunger. He picked at some left over food that was laying around the cave before venturing into the back. Never before had he been in Mordecai's part of the cave, and a sense of uneasiness washed over him. It felt wrong, but he knew Mordecai had left something special for him.

He reached the large golden chest and carefully opened the lid. Inside was a set of armor and a blade, hand made by his beloved guardian. A carefully written note lay across the top, reading:

Dearest Atticus,

If you are reading this, I am gone, and that is okay. I have taught you all you need to know. I know your heart hurts now, but remember to turn that anger and sorrow into change. You can make a difference in this world, little one. Small people can have the largest effects.

Inside, you will find a full set of armor. I hope it will fit alright when you are an adult. I tried my best to guess, but you will probably have to make some adjustments. It is made of only the finest metal, as is the sword. Remember, use them wisely, and do not wield with hate in your heart.

I will always be watching over you.

-Mordecai

[599/600]

Extra:

Origin of an Odd Parent:

Mordecai never had the intention of raising the enemy's child, but somehow he found himself in possession of an abandoned egg. The thought of raising young had never even crossed his mind before, but sure enough, fate had other plans.

It started out a normal fall day. Mordecai set off on a walk through the forest, enjoying all nature had to offer. After half an hour, he was getting ready to turn back, but out of the corner of his eye, he caught just a glimpse of something out of place. Nestled at the base of the tree was a brown speckled egg.

No, no, no. Mordecai swung his head. He knew exactly what kind of egg that was, and he wanted to have no part of it. He tried to continue on his way home; however, his conscious was nagging him in the back of his mind. Grumbling, he turned around and cradled the egg in his tail for the trek home. How hard could parenting be anyway? He thought.

If only he knew what he was getting himself into.
[186/200]
Avatar is made by the wonderful Yugi
~My Viscets~

Mordecai and Aonani owned by me.

Art by bellumi
Marrock and Whispering Echoes owned by me.
Aviana owned by ~Phantom
Art By Grifforik
Shadow Striker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me