Time spent 54 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #492

Postby Brius » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:07 am

Owner- memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=695738
Name- Bodhie Quinn
Gender- Male

Don't really know what happened here, but uh, welcome to the land of no inspiration XD

This will just be an impress me contest ^.^

-I will mainly be looking for whoever puts the most EFFORT in their forms and who CONNECTS the most with this viscet.
-This means that two really thought out extras with a lot of effort put into them will get you a lot farther than 10 lazy 2 minute sketches.
-Name and gender are required ^.^

Ends: <February 21st>

Code: Select all
    [img]http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=2449420&size=medium&format=png&rev=1454880998[/img]

#7db7d2- Base blue
#683624- Light brown
#135878- Darker blue
#ffca69- Yellow
#f03073- Pink
#300f04- Darkest brown
#ffffff- Paws, Nose, Ears
#2c0a00- Outer eye
#843f2a- Inner eye
Last edited by Brius on Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
April 6 is my birthdayyyy XD
Brius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscedt #492

Postby kayyye » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:13 am

May tryout! and if not then watching C:
"humanity is a vampire's
greatest weakness" -KP
ayo im kay(e)
college takes up a lot of time so i go m.i.a a lot
i like to draw occasionally too
feel free to shoot me a PM if
you wanna chat!♡
thats really it lmao
kayyye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady_Novianti » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:31 am

Nevermind... i tried and I cant Viscet..
Last edited by Lady_Novianti on Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lady_Novianti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grizzly. » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:35 am

ImageImage

---basic information---
    name; bentley chesire
    nickname; ben, chess
    age; twenty-two
    gender; male
    ---basic information---
    -----relationships-----
    sexuality pansexual
    friends; porter, faye,
    kamali.

enemies; tba.
    -----relationships-----
    ----------personality----------
    good trait; imaginative
    bad trait; possibly crazy
    fear; clowns
    interest; riddles
    ----------personality----------
    --- appearance ---
    hair color; yellow, brown,
    pink

eye color; brown
    base color; blue
    markings; yellow&pink
    ---appearance---
    -----family-----
    mom; jess
    dad; patrick
    siblings; wes, pax
    pets; none.
    -----family-----
    ----------extra information----------
    fav. animal; cats
    fav. color; blue and gray
    fav. sport; none
    fav. food; fish
    ----------extra information----------

"Many of us claim that we're crazy and mad, but not the kind of mad where you want to punch a wall, ha ha, no, I mean mad as in cynical. Usually one might call something or someone crazy, because of their actions, but you haven't seen crazy until you've stumbled upon me, Bentley Cheshire, yes my last name is spelled and pronounced exactly like the Cheshire Cat. I am not the way i am because I'm trying to live up to the name. The Cheshire Cat was a made up, fictional character a pink and purple cat with a wide smile that could only spell trouble, or insanity, in the cartoon, and a gray and bright blue cat with the same twisted smile, and an obsession over the Mad Hatter's hat. I do not try to be like Cheshire Cat, simply because I am the Cheshire Cat. Not what you expected, is it? A viscet as the Cheshire Cat? No possible way, but think of this my friend, why would a viscet like me claim myself to be crazy and mad, just like Cheshire, and be very open in admitting such a thing, and not at all trying to recreate the crazy cat's personality? My words are wise, yet twisted into a riddle of pure insanity. Now, look closer, can't you see that same twisted smile on my face at this very moment? I may be a different species and completely based on different colors, but just think of this, where did those Wonderland characters come from? Not from imagination, but from the actual characters of Wonderland, we've only changed our appearances in the stories. Now, you tell me am I really the mad one here?"
                                  -Bentley C.

So, I see you've met Bentley, which, in case you didn't know is pronounced bent-lee, and also means meadow with coarse grass, which I suppose is fitting for this little one. I almost want to apologize, but Ben is Ben. Ever since he was little he's believed that he was the "real" Cheshire Cat. Although, his last name really is Cheshire, when he was just a little thing he wasn't the way he is today. It was just those two movies of Alice in Wonderland that just sort of...changed him. He became...well, the Cheshire Cat. At first it wasn't a big deal, his parents thought he was just going through a phase, but boy were they wrong. At twenty-two years old Ben is still acting as if he is the Cheshire cat, and truly believes that the fictional character is based off of him. He doesn't get along well with other viscets mainly because they'll find him crazy, as he mainly only talks in riddles and will twist his words to have a double meaning. It doesn't really make others very happy. He is usually up to no good as well. By that I mean...well, He will cause trouble in multiple different ways. Some people see him to be imaginative and believe that he'll get over it eventually, but others think he just needs to be locked away somewhere. It's almost amazing at all that he is even friends with three other viscets, but I suppose with some of them it's easy to see how he could be friends with them. It takes a special kind of crazy to want to be close to Bentley in a friendship kind of way, as even his family has cut ties with him, which doesn't seem to bother Ben too much. If you ever run into this coo-key viscet, I wish you the best of luck.

Image Image
      "Hm? Kamali? Ah, yes. Kamali. What would you like to know about her?"
      I won't let Bentley speak about his relationships with his friends, as it could get slightly confusing. Anyway, Kamali was probably Ben's first friend. They ran into each other while they were both doing something that they shouldn't have been. The thing that Ben finds weird about Kamali is that she prefers to act as one of the boys rather than as a girl. She'd rather be getting down and dirty than anything else. Ben just simply doesn't understand why she feels the need to be more of a guy. Now, these two's relationship is a very odd one. Depending on the day you see them you'd either think that they're friends or enemies, as it seems as if if the two arent' up to no good, then they're fighting about something stupid. These two cannot carry on a normal conversation unless it has to do with something related to a prank. How these two are friends is a complete mystery to me.

Image Image
      "You want to know about the wanderer. He never stays in one place."
      Okay, Bentley, I'll take it from here. Porter I wouldn't necessarily call one of Ben's friends, as he's only been seen by Ben a small handful of times. Now, it doesn't really bother Ben in anyway, but he simply could fabricate any story about this one viscet and you'd never know if what Ben was saying about Porter was true or if it was horribly false, as Porter is never around to back up the story. Even though the two hardly know each other, and they've only spent time together for a few days, not really doing anything besides telling stories, which surprisingly enough, Ben didn't say a word almost the entire time Porter was around. It's almost, almost obvious that Bentley respects and maybe even looks up to Porter due to the viscet's seemingly numerous adventures, that one would love to be on, whereas Porter seems to be bitter about. These two aren't necessarily what I would claim as a friend, but more of someone that Ben likes to listen to stories from, and then twist and remake the story when gone.

Image Image
    "If it's the childish one you are out to seek, stop looking. She's bound to find you."
    Faye...Oh gosh, what to say about Faye. If anything gives you mixed signals, it would be Ben and Faye's relationship. They're always hanging out, almost always. But here's the thing, Faye is always the one to find Ben. It's clear that she won't understand a word of what Ben is saying, which you can tell irritates him quite often, but for some reason, he doesn't seem to mind her company overall. In fact, she is the only viscet that he'll allow to call her Benny. This is simply because he couldn't get her to stop calling him Benny when they first met. These two's realtionship is an odd one, because these two are almost always seen together, but almost half of the time you'll see Faye completely confused and Bentley getting irritated. It's actually quite amusing to watch.

Art:
1st piece; drawn by me, used x as reference
Last edited by grizzly. on Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:58 am, edited 8 times in total.
grizzly.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #492

Postby crackerbox_palace » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:42 am

Reserve!
crackerbox_palace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby finifugal ✨ » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:54 am

ressss

━━━━━━━━━━
heyo, i'm fin! i an currently on an indefinite hiatus, though one day I hope to find my way back. if you ever find yourself needing me, you can send me a pm, though a response might take awhile. i’ll try to pop in every now and then when i’m able!

finifugal ✨

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Razors » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:59 am

Username: Razors
Viscet Name: Solace

:Her story:

Once upon a time, upon a tiny little island village, there lived a chieftain and his wife. The village was happy, for the island was filled with beasts which they could hunt, plenty of nutrient rich soil to grow food, and weather which almost always seemed to be perfect. The chieftain and his wife, however, found sorrow creeping into their life. For no matter how they tried, and how they prayed, they simply could not conceive. Time drew on and the chieftains wife became so depressed that she lock herself away, unwilling to see anyone, including her husband. She felt responsible, being unable to bear a child for her husband.

With the idea of never being able to have any children of his own, and now, his wife locking herself away. The chieftain found himself so engulfed in grief that he turn to the only source he could think of. If praying did no good, he would seek out a different approach. On the other side of the island, near the peak of the dormant volcano, lived an old viscet witch by the name of Granny Grey. The old viscet was missing most of her teeth, was blind in one eye and going in the other, her pelt as grey as a winter sky. She had a leg deformity which caused her to walk with a sort of hobble, and she smelled of some awful mixture of herbs and tonics. This did not deter the chieftain, though, for his desire was strong, and Granny Grey could see this.

A pact was made, between Granny Grey and the chieftain. She would grant his wife the ability to bear a child. All he need to do was return in three days, when she would have a soup made for his wife. His wife should drink the soup, and they should once again try for a child. She promised that this time their efforts would not be in vain. In return, she would come to retrieve something from the chieftain, but not now. She had to think of what she would want...so she told the chieftain, anyway.

Doing as he was told, the chief return three days later to retrieve the soup, soon after feeding it to his wife. Not but a short time after, his wife was running to him in tearful surprise. A child was to be born! After so much longing and sorrow, they were to finally bear a child! The day the egg was lain, all manner of folk came to lay blessings upon it. This included the fairy folk which kept the island tidy and in order. The first fairy kissed the egg and wished the little ones pelt to be as bright and lovely as the sky above. The second place gentle hands upon the egg and wish for the child to bear all the warmth of the sun itself. The third fairy gave a song, hoping that the little child would be blessed with a heart of gold. The fourth fairy pray for good health and sweet dreams. The fifth fairy, as it reach for the egg to place its blessing, was interrupted by a loud cackle from behind.

"A daughter!" Came the old voice of Granny Grey. The old woman hobbling forward and placing gnarled fingers upon the fragile egg. Tension was clear as all eyes were upon the old viscet. "You see, I never took a mate of my own. Too busy with other things..." Turning her attention to the king, she grin a toothless grin. " I'd always wanted one of my own..." Nodding, she turn her attention back to the egg, tracing her dirty claws along its form. " Yes...that's what I want...a daughter of my own..." As Granny Grey remove her claws from the egg and hobble aside, she cackle again, nodding to the chieftain and his wife. "Enjoy the little one, dears..." Turning, Granny grey began to hobble away, back towards her own home. Only the kings ears catching her last words of. "While you can..."

Fear grip the chieftain from that moment on. So worried for his unhatched child, that he lock the egg and his wife in a room and refused to release them until it had hatched. Taking a small group of warriors up to the hut of Granny grey, he had intended to try and kill the old viscet. Upon arrival, though, they found every trace of the old viscet gone. It was as if she had never been there. An island wide search took place, but never was any sign of Granny Grey seen from that day until the day of hatching. It seemed the fairies blessings had taken hold, and the lovely young viscet was as blue as the sky, with sun-fire markings along her pelt. Surely her heart would be pure, her health good, and her dreams as sweet as honey.

The day of hatching was a glorious one, the door to the room he had locked his wife and egg within finally opened, the chieftain within. The entire day was filled with such happiness, that he forgot entirely of Granny Grey, until she decided to visit him in his room. His wife and newborn child asleep in another room, the chieftain found himself crippled with fear at the sight of the hobbled old viscet. " A daughter has been born..." She said, staring at the fire within the room. Before the chieftain could flee or reach for a weapon, Granny Grey had come before him and placed a paw on his shoulder. " You offered me anything...and I've come to receive my payment..." Her eyes bore into his, causing him to collapse before her. " No...No...not my daughter...I refuse..." Spoke the king. Though he was petrified, he simply could not give up the one thing in life he had sought after so desperately. "I will give you three days...bring the child to me or I will punish...not just you...but the entirety of your people!" With her words, Granny Grey was gone, yet again no sign of her having ever been there.

The chieftain, fearing for his people, but not wishing to give up his daughter, called forth the fairies of the island. To them he told his story, which he had never told to another. Though they were disappointed with him, the fairies promised to help him, instructing him, and all of his people, to remain within their homes on the third day. Stay inside they did, not a single viscet leaving their home on the third day, when Granny Grey came to retrieve the chieftains daughter.

Granny Grey need not say a word, for as she stare upon the Chieftain, who stood in the doorway to his home, it was clear that he would refuse her. " I will destroy everything!" She spoke, a finality to her words. " You and your people shall perish! There shall be none to stop me! I will burn this island down, then drive it into the ocean!" Her rage was clear in her tone, but it was not the only thing that quake at that moment. As she turn, the long dormant volcano seemed to hiss to life. An explosion took place and blackness filled the sky, fire raining down upon the island and setting everything ablaze. Panic took hold, then, and all those within their homes sought to find some other method of shelter.

As the volcano shook the island and send ash and magma flying, the fairies took their places. The water was already beginning to rise, Granny Grey's words of driving the island into the water holding a great deal of truth to them. Seeking to fulfill their promise, the fairies of the island form a circle around the island. Little lights decorating the beach where they were located. Each fairies light grew brighter, until it overlap and connect the fairies on either side of them, their light surrounding the entire island. The light soon rose, stretching high and wide, creating a dome-like barrier around the island, the dome's end pressing tightly to the tip of the volcano. This allowed the magma to seep over the dome barrier instead of over the land. The magma covering the dome entirely and soon blocking out the suns light.

The waters continued to rise. Though instead of swallowing up what would have been a burning island, it began to cool the magma that cover the dome, causing it to solidify into a rocky dome.
Over the course of the day and on through the night, the assault continue, the magma completely surrounding the island and soon, the water as well. As promised, Granny Grey drove the island deep within the ocean, nothing but darkness seen upon the island. So afraid were the people, that they could do little more than panic and cry, blaming the chieftain and his family for the troubles they now face.

Sorrow turned to animosity, and torches were lit to guide the way. The village sought to destroy the chieftain and give the daughter to Granny Grey in hopes of lifting the curse that now lie on their tiny island. Seeing what was occurring, the little fairies sought to do one more kindness for the chieftain and his family. Unable to return the island to its former position, and not knowing what else to do, the fairies simply put every single villager into a deep sleep. Every viscet fell, torches safely doused, as was any linger fires from the magma. All of the villagers were soon asleep, where they had been standing. This is, everyone but the chieftains daughter, who had been named Solace.

The soft crying of Solace soon drew the tired fairies, who were just as trapped as the villagers had been. To their surprise, Solace was untouched by their magic, and try as they might, they simply could not force her into a sleep that lasted any longer than a normal newborns nap would. Giving up, the fairies, with nothing else to do, now that they were trapped within the ocean, chose to assist the little newborn.

Several of the fairies charm rocks around the dome covered village to glow, allowing a decent amount of sight within. Others tend to the crops that the villagers had tended, and others ensure that Solace was kept well fed, warm, dry, and comforted when needed. Some even going as far as to teach her how to speak, then read, and a few other simple tasks. As Solace grew, it was clear that the blessings she received while she was in an egg had taken hold. She kindly moved the villagers from their still sleeping positions on the hard floor and earth to individual homes and beds. She fluffed pillows and situated beds, so as to hopefully make the sleeping viscets as comfortable as possible. Though they were asleep, she visit each one daily, inquiring about their dreams and what their life had been like.

Though time has drawn on, and the island is no closer to the surface now, than it had been when it had been sent within. Solace still remains, awake, and aware. She has been told stories of what happened when she was born, and she truly hopes that one day Granny Grey will return to her. She does not despise the old woman, nor anyone else. She wishes to see her so that she may give her that which she longed for in the beginning, a daughter. Perhaps then, she may decide to raise the island from its spot within the ocean, and perhaps then...her people could wake from their never-ending slumber. But until that day, Solace remains, deep within the sunken city.

:A little about Solace:

Though Solace is stuck within the confines of the sunken island, she holds within herself a deep desire and dream to be free. Never can she get enough of books that speak of the outside world. Of sunshine, changing seasons, animals that she has never before seen. Of warm breezes and cold winter snow, of a sky filled with clouds, and a brilliant full moon. Solace is constantly seeking information, not just of the world above, but of any possible way she might assist the fairies in their attempt to restore the island back to its position on the surface. With a soul that longs for adventure, she is almost constantly seeking out the hut that had once been where Granny Grey lived, hoping to find some remainder of her that could call her to the island and help her people. She is so considerate of the people sleeping upon the island that she has moved them all to beds, fluffed their pillows, and placed them in positions that she deems comfortable. Every few days she rolls them over or moves them in a new position so that they do not get stiff. Solaces' favorite things to daydream about have got to be Sunflowers and spring time. Though she longs to see the snow in winter, colors of fall, and enjoy the warmth of summer as well. Solace has found herself longing for something more. The fairies, typically busy with other things, are not the companions that she wishes for. She has become lonely, but doesn't allow it to get her down, instead, using it as fuel to keep pushing herself forward. Her strong will is something that the fairies hope will drive the island to the surface, if they can just find a way.

(A lonely Solace. By me (Razors))

As one would imagine, Solace has a great deal of time on her hands. With so much time, she has taken to certain hobbies. Some of which include....

~Gardening (Though she enjoys this, she simply is not that good at it.)
~Reading(Both fiction and non-fiction. She prefers non-fiction when learning about the world outside.)
~Fishing (Usually she daydreams while she fishes. The two go hand in hand.)
~Doll making/sewing. (She has made a doll of every single villager. Including herself. (See below.))
~Exploring. (Sadly, by now she has explored pretty much every inch of the island. She longs for more...)

(Art by me (Razors))
Last edited by Razors on Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:05 am, edited 12 times in total.
Razors

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby elliott. » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:01 pm

Name:
Personality:
Favorites:
Food:
Drink
Hobby:
Animal:

WIP
they/he/she.
leo sun, scorpio moon, sag rising.
discord: ihrtdcoms#4444
stars.
elliott.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cvpidxpng » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:42 pm

Name Pronounced-Ray-nay
Gender-Female
Appearance-Light blue fur, fading brown eyes. Red,yellow and brown stripes.
Hobbies- Brushing her hair, dancing and babysitting
Talents-Dancing, Singing lullabys and cleaning.
Favorite Movie-Kung Fu Panda 2
Song-I'm better when I'm dancing-Meghan Trainor
Favorites Game-Cut the Rope 2!
Favorite Food-Cheese Sticks
Art-
This took forever to make 030
cvpidxpng

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes