Based on Click to view
Artist magpie! [gallery]
Time spent 38 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
22 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kalon #423 -- winners!

Postby magpie! » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:32 am

Kalons -- a species with soft manes and even softer hearts.

Monitored in forests across the globe for years, these animals
have recently been declared naturally tame as well as sentient.
Scientists are asking the general population to consider adopting
Kalons for further study in their capabilities of intelligence.

simple little peachy kalon!
to win this babe, just tell me how they spend their summers!
prettying up and extras are fine, but I'll be judging mostly on the prompt.

Code: Select all
[list][b]username;[/b]
[b]kalon name;[/b]
[b]kalon gender;[/b]
[b]how do they spend their summers?;[/b][/list]

ends on August 10th (when I go back to school rip)
Last edited by magpie! on Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
magpie!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ember ashton

Postby rainswept. » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:33 am

username; rainswept

kalon name; ember lee ashton

kalon gender; female

personality ; ember is very outspoken and amiable. she makes friends everywhere she travels due to her talkative an friendly nature. she also has a sharp and clever mind from years of experiencing things going wrong. unfortunately she can come off as obnoxious to some kalons.

how do they spend their summers?; ember has been a sucker for the wilderness ever since she was little. her parents often took her camping and hiking, and she learned to love roughing it in nature. she is also very adventurous which leads to her love of traveling. each summer, she travels somewhere different and goes backpacking in the forest or mountains. her current favorite place to hike/camp out is in peru, and her favorite "tourist" place to visit is africa (because of the safaris of course). ember's dream job is a park ranger at a national park.

x
Last edited by rainswept. on Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:07 pm, edited 9 times in total.
rainswept.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #423

Postby rockosaur » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:35 am

username;
    kalon name;
    kalon gender;
    how do they spend their summers?;
    res<3

╭────✰────╮
hi I'm rocko!
Any pronouns are fine
Shoot me a pm if you
need/want to talk!
I'm generally not very active
╰────✰────╯
╭────✰────╮
Art shop
Custom (base) design shop
open for USD only
╰────✰────╯
rockosaur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kaitlynizer » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:37 am

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

xxxUsername; Kaitlynizer xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShort Personality;
xxxKalon name; Brie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxactive / artistic / keen / kind / understanding / picky / perserverent
xxxKalon gender; Female xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxbrave / moral / argumentative / opinionated / supportive / resourceful

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

xxxHow do they spend their summers?;
xxxWatermelon-based smoothies are a must! Especially on the hottest
xxxdays of summer. Brie loves spending time outdoors, usually near
xxxa pool so she can take a break from the sun's rays, and thoroughly
xxxenjoys going swimming. Since this has become a hobby for her, she
xxxtends to go to a lot of swim meets! She likes watching the wavy blue
xxxwater as others swim, often sketching the pattern of the splashes
xxxon her computer. It's pretty low-key, but she loves it.

xxxThe game; (a day in her summer)

xxxcode=_>> Start game_ mode1208773-4B:
xxx>> Start. Please choose player:
xxxa - b - c

>> Player "C" chosen. You are lying in bed, the sheets covering you in a bundle of soft fabric. You turn to look over at the clock 5:00 in the morning. Do you get up or return to sleep? If you choose to get up, scroll down to #1. If you choose to go to sleep, scroll down to #2.

>> #1: Yawning, you stumble out of bed to brush your teeth and comb your fur. Sleepily you move toward the bathroom, stick
the toothbrush in your mouth and brush. After that you fetch the comb, tearing through the slightly sticky (due to the chlorine
in the pool from yesterday) tangles in your orange pelt. Once that is done you fix breakfast, dinosaur egg oatmeal and a frozen watermelon smoothie that you made last night. While you eat you pull out your teal-and-grey mobile phone and
check your calendar, figuring out the plan for today. The swim meet starts at 6 and runs till 11, and it takes around 30 minutes
to get there. After that you have a small trail picked out for your hike, and then you'll have to pick up some packages from the post office before heading home.. Since you have a little while before you need to leave, what do you do?
To relax, scroll down to #3. To go to the swim meet, scroll down to #4. To go back to sleep, scroll down to #2.

>> #2: With a small sigh you go back to sleep. It's dreamless, but peaceful.When you finally wake back up, thanks to your obnoxiously loud alarm clock, it's 9:30. You screech in surprise. You hadn't meant to sleep that long! You're going to miss the meet!You scramble to get ready, grabbing everything you need - namely your laptop, bag, hairbrush,and your fabulous blue sunglasses - and dashing out the door. You drive frantically, although you stay below the speed limit, to get to the meet.
Soon you arrive. Scroll down to #4.

>> #3: Ah, relaxation. The best way to spend the day, am I right or am I right? You flip through a couple of t.v channels absentmindedly, but become bored after a few minutes when there's nothing interesting on. You turn to your computer to check on a few things, and then lay down on the couch contentedly. After a while it's time to leave.. Scroll down to #4.

>> #4. You walk through the gate and onto the patio, which is already crowded with kalons. Some are in the water, warming up, while others are running across the hot pavement dripping water onto the ground as they sprint for a shady spot by the pool. Tents are lined up in rows leading to the pool. Which row do you follow? To follow the row on your left, scroll down to #5. To follow the middle row, scroll down to #6. To follow the row on your right, scroll down to #7. To leave the meet, scroll down to #8.

>> #5. In a spur of the moment decision you follow the left row. The tents here are a bit patchy, but provide just enough coverage so that your feet aren't burning as you walk. A surprisingly cool breeze drifts across your shoulders, ruffling your fur and spiking it up in different directions. As you walk a few kalons wave at you, recognition in their gaze. You wave back in response, but keep walking. This meet was special. The first one of the summer, and you desperately wanted to explore before you left. That way when the next meet came it'd be easier to find your way around. You continue down the row until you reach a dead end. The edge of the warm up pool begins to your right, while a couple of souvenir stands are stationed directly ahead of you. A neatly tied banner is draped across the front of one, proudly declaring that "t-shirts are only 5 dollars! limited supply! buy now". You approach that particular stand to examine the t-shirts, which turn out to be pretty cool. They're tie-dyed blue and yellow with the words "Summer 2016 Swim Meet; Tempra Bay" emblazoned across the front. You buy one your size. You can't help but fall for the consumer marketing. After purchasing the shirt you glance around the area, trying to decide where to go next. To go towards the pool, scroll down to #9. To backtrack and go down the middle row, scroll down to #6. To backtrack and go down the right row, scroll down to #7. To leave the meet, scroll down to #8.

>> #6. You head down the middle row, which leads you to the warm up area of the pool. The water glitters at you gently, reflecting the light of the sun, which beams overhead. A pair of metal bleachers are set up in front of the water, blocking part of the pool from your sight. From here you can watch the strokes of the swimmers... back and forth, over the head, down to the side, and back to a triangle looking shape that's formed via paws. The shapes of the swimming kalons are dark in contrast to the blue abyss of the water. The pool seems to jet downward, almost in a sloping motion, giving the water a even bluer shade. You walk over to the bleachers and sit down on one of the higher steps, giving you a birds-eye view of the water. You pull out your laptop and begin sketching, almost instantly entranced with the idea of drawing the patterns of the splashes and doodling the reflections on the water. It's a habit that you've done since a little kid, just sitting down and sketching. It's calming in a way. After a good time spent sketching you look up, a smile on your face, remembering that you still need to look around. You glance back at the doodles that are now situated on your laptop screen and then pack the computer away. Once this is done you put the laptop back in your bag and stand up, ready to continue exploring. To follow the pool, scroll down to #9. To backtrack and go down the left row, scroll down to #5. To backtrack and go down the right row, scroll down to #7. To leave the meet, scroll down to #8.

>> #7. The right row seems to stretch for at least a mile as you walk. The tents here offer no solace from the scalding pavement, with no shade whatsoever. It hurts your pawpads to keep moving here, so you end up jumping from puddle to puddle in a vain attempt to walk on cooler ground. You know it looks silly but at this point you don't care much, so you continue the process. Eventually, after what seems like a year, you reach ... a semi-large facility? Beside that are the racing lanes of the pool, which you see out of the corner of your eyes. You decide to walk into the facility and let out a grateful sigh of relief when you open the door and blissfully cold air rushes out. It feels much nicer inside then outside in the open expanse of the row. For once you are grateful to be indoors rather than outdoors. A happy sigh escapes from your mouth as you blink, your eye's adjusting to the light of the facility. You take a moment to examine your surroundings.. Bathrooms are on your right, a small cafe on the left, a shop beside that, and an indoor pool which you presume is for the winter months. Curiosity fulfilled, you turn to leave. To go toward the pool, scroll down to #9. To backtrack and go down the middle row, scroll up to #6. To backtrack and go down the left row, scroll up to #5. To watch the racing lanes, scroll down to #9. To leave the meet, scroll down to #8.

>> #8. As the meet comes to a close you head back to your car, and excitedly sit down behind the wheel. You can't wait to go on that hike! Supposedly the trail is full of wildlife and stunning foliage. It's a little ways out there, secluded from most of civilization, but you're looking forward to it. Still, you can't help but wish that you were going there with someone. You make a mental note to invite a couple of friends next time. Your stomach growls in response to your thoughts, a strange rumbling sound that, well, makes your stomach turn inside out. Do you stop to get some food or head in the direction of the trail? To get food, scroll down to #10. To continue to the trail, scroll down to #11.

>> #9. You walk to the edge of the pool and follow the water all the way to the end of the pavement. Here you see a collection of racing lanes and diving platforms. Across your side of the pool are a large throng of kalons, some huddled under a tent whispering intently to each other, others walking away, and a few getting ready for one of the races. They position themselves on the platforms, the speaker ringing out the details of the heat in florid detail before shouting out the words everyone wanted to hear - "Ready"... "Set"... "Go!!!" Varied sounds of splashes, including the sound of a painful belly flop, fly upward as the bodies hit the water. Rapidly, the race begins, each swimmer accelerating quickly once they break the surface of the blue. Some graceful, some less so.. the strokes of the swimmers slowly branch out into uneven lengths, a couple of kalons lapping the others, making it even harder to tell who was ahead of who. You attempt to follow the race, cheering enthusiastically for every single one of them, despite the fact that you don't know any of their names. Once the race ends another begins, and you pause to watch for a while. Eventually, however, it's time to leave. Scroll up to #8.

>> #10. The car starts reluctantly, sputtering loudly as it attempts to run. It takes a couple of tries, but it finally starts for you and you pull out of the parking lot to find some food. You pass a couple of fast food restaurants, but you're to picky to settle for anything less then a good old fashioned granola bar. Unable to find anything 'substantial' (meaning granola bars) at any of the other places you stop at, you end up heading towards the trail despite your hunger. Scroll down to #11.

>> #11. Luckily, the trail isn't too far from here, but, as fate would have it, the car breaks down about half way there - to your extreme disappointment.. What do you do? To try to fix the car, scroll down to #12. To call a cab, scroll down to #13. To walk the rest of the way, scroll down to #14.

>> #12. You step out of the car, determined to fix it so you can continue to the trail. You pull out your phone and google search 'reasons why cars break down' as you walk over to the trunk. Hmm. You gaze around at the mechanics of the car, uncertain of what to do next. You return to looking at your phone, and after a bit of light reading you decide to check everything from fuel to the battery. You begin with the tire, judging the tread with a penny, and then move on to the car mechanics from there. However, after all of your work you remain unable to fix the car. Sweating and discouraged, you hop back inside the car, which buffets cool air at your shoulders. Fortunately the air conditioning still worked. Now what? To try again, scroll down to #15. To call a cab, scroll down to #13. To walk the rest of the way, scroll down to #14.

>> #13
Yes! There's good cell service here!! Relieved, you grab your phone and search for a cab number. You wait for around an hour before the cab get's here. You gather your things and enter the cab. "Where to?" the driver asks. You pause for a moment. You could go do the trail anyway... but you really feel hungry now. "Take me home" you say, somewhat reluctantly. "I'm at 73 Willow street, apartment 4-B. Right on the edge of Tempra bay"... "Thank you". Scroll down to #16.

>> #14. You glance down the road, and begin walking. At first, you're feeling great, but eventually a raw feeling begins to burn on the underside of your feet. Figuring it's just your feet feeling tired, you keep walking. The sun bears it's weight down on you, filling your pelt with a inescapable heat. You perspire as you walk, your feet now throbbing a bit more painfully. You pause to wipe the sweat out of your eyes. You glance down at your phone, shouldering the bag of your stuff to the left. The screen is hard to see, the light of the sun blocking out most of it's characters. You pull up the 'google maps' application, judging how far it would take you to get there, and then start playing some music to encourage you. The sound leads you to walk faster, and you start singing along to the lyrics once you hear a familiar song. You sing loudly, probably a bit off key, but it's fun and takes your mind off your feet. Before you know it, you've reached the trail! Yay! You sit down at one of the benches nearby to take a look at your feet. Scroll down to #17.

>> #15. You try to start the car again.. and again.. and on the third try it starts! You grin happily, satisfaction glowing on your face. SUCCESS! True, you didn't really 'fix' it, but it works now and that's all that matters. As much as you'd love to continue to the trail, it's probably best for you to head home - and then have the car checked out after that. It's a no-brainer. Scroll down to #16.

>> #16. Finally home! You drop your things inside, right by the door, and collapse on the bed. You close your eyes, tired from the day. Ahh.. it's nice to be back. Eventually you get up in order to fix yourself a, well-deserved, watermelon smoothie. A wide smile conquers your facial features as you slurp on the cold drink. You walk back over to the bed, smoothie in hand, and just lay there. Content. The End.

>> #17. Ow, ow, ow! Ahhh.. Not good. You wince as you look at your paw pads, now covered in blisters and - surprisingly - a couple of long cuts near the top. It doesn't take you long to figure out that it's because of the walking.. it must have been a really long walk. Or you just need new shoes.. You determine that it's probably a bit of both, and sigh. You won't be able to hike now. Scroll up to #13.

xxxQuirks;
xxx- slurps everything she drinks
xxx- gets really excited about National Watermelon Day
xxx- paces around when nervous
xxx- curls up in a ball in order to go to sleep
xxx- rarely remembers her dreams

xxxThe Scrapbook; (more art)
xxxImage
xxx"Huge watermelon at the watermelon patch!! Woah!"

xxxImage
xxx"Smoothie Selfie! Haha"

xxxArt credit; (in order of appearance)
xxx1. "Header" by (the amazing) Champion./Captain Chomp
xxx2. "By the pool" by me, w/progress shots - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11
xxx3. "Her favorite things to do in the summer" doodle by me
xxx4. "A" sun doodle by me
xxx5. "B" laptop doodle by me
xxx6. "Giant watermelon!!" drawing by me
xxx7. "Watermelon smoothie selfie" drawing by me

xxxNotes;
xxxI'd like to note that I referenced the smoothie idea before another contestant chose
xxxto include it in their own form. I've worked really hard on my form and I don't want to lessen my chances of winning because another person copied part of my idea/I don't want to lose any points for being "uncreative" ahhhhh.
xxx- Anyway, thank you so much for making this amazing kalon!! <33

xxxGood luck to everyone!! Special thanks to Champion./Capt. Chomp for helping me with my form (and being kind xxxoverall). I really appreciate it and wish you extra luck with your form. I'm glad to have you as a new friend. Thank you!
xxx- Kait
Last edited by Kaitlynizer on Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:06 am, edited 39 times in total.

stay safe y'all

❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄
jbd's
kalons
characters
signature art by birdseedy
❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄❄

Kaitlynizer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cryptz » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:39 am

username; Rainbow Noivern
    kalon name; Prism
    kalon gender; Female
    how do they spend their summers?; She likes to collect fireflies and read books. Adventure and imagination are her best friends as she has her own tree fort.

One long summer evening, Prism set out on an adventure. She was hunting for the best spot to picknic and play hide and seek with her friends. Some places were good for a picnic but others were only good for hide and seek. Not letting the spots out of her memory, she went deeper into the thicket. A small deer trail was all she had going for her, as it was a path of sorts. She finally stopped at a large opening in the forest, surrounded by trees and a small Creek next to some rail road tracks. She wasn't sure it was safe though, because there was already two fire pits and a picnic table, but by the looks of them, they were pretty old.

The rest was deleted after my computer shut down, I will rewrite the rest in a bit
Last edited by Cryptz on Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cryptz #6669

💕Rech, Discter, Idyll, Helly, Belphie (the fave)💕

Cryptz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blackbirds » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:40 am

username; K I r I t o
    kalon name; tbd (maybe Ashley?)
    kalon gender; female

She wants to be the very best! That no one ever was! She spends time in the summer catching and hatching Pokemon Go eggs! She is the luckiest Kalon alive to have the only Mewtwo. Her goal of life is now to catch them all!
Last edited by Blackbirds on Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
█████
Blackbirds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LadyChinaAru » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:42 am

ImageImageImage
username; LadyChinaAru
kalon name; Arthur
kalon gender; Male
Kalon personality;
Arthur is a sweet down to earth guy, who loves fresh air and all that nature brings with it. He's also
very family orientated and has a very close bond with his father. He loves just talking with his friends and
keeping them out of fights. He also enjoys outdoor sports like fishing and hiking.

Being with his family, Nature/Being outdoors, Fishing, Hiking ,Chilling with friends
dislikes:
Being stuck indoors, Fighting/Arguing with friends, Fast food
camping pic/gif:
After his parents split up he got really upset, so his dad would pick a week during the summers and they'd go camping.
They chose a different spot every year but there's one thing that makes each trip the same as the last. The end up a
complete disaster, be it raining the whole time, they forgetting something at home or something getting into their food.
That being said he actually loves that part, he finds it brings him and his dad closer together and makes the trip 2x's as fun.
no matter how wet they get or if that raccoon took they're lunches. He feels the point of the trip is to spend time with each other
and some silly mishap's shouldn't mess it up.
and in the end it all works out for them and they come back home closer then ever..

ImageImageImage
Last edited by LadyChinaAru on Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
:D ~Feb: 14 My B-day!~ :D
ImageImageImage Image
LadyChinaAru

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hawky<3 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:48 am

username;
kalon name;
kalon gender;

res with working at a bird sanctuary !!

hi! call me hawk or hawky :)
they/she
i draw and rp sometimes
pm me, i love to chat!

cleudsxxmy TH
art shop
Hawky<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skywalker, » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:49 am

username; skywalker,
kalon name; Fred
kalon gender; male

Meet Fred. Fred is a happy and cheerful camp councillor ! He enjoys spending his summer at camp with a bunch of kids and other councillors. He is what the little guys like to call 'Mr. Awesome' since he is just so much fun to be around ! He enjoys getting involved with the kids activities, joining in and helping them out. He is very supportive and urges the little ones to do things on their own and work situations out. He is very handy when it comes to fire making and can play the guitar surprisingly well. He sings camp fire songs and occasionally tells ghost stories on rainy days, but only if all the campers want him too. Fred is a very fair person, and takes everyones opinion into count. He loves the outdoors, and spends all his time in the woods or in the lake. What he loves most about being a camp councillor is frog hunting with the kids! He loves diving after the amphibians and getting himself muddy. Fred loves the summer sun, so when the group goes to the beach you can find him laying out on a towel in the summer rays.

Art is a wip !
Last edited by skywalker, on Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
skywalker,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vympyre » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:53 am

username; toadkind
kalon name; amelia marie (prefers to be called 'mel')
kalon gender; demigirl (she/they)
how do they spend their summers?; she loves to make homemade orange creamsicles and sell them to her friends and neighbors!
she even makes her own creamsicle stand to sell them at.
Last edited by vympyre on Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vympyre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me