Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Quetzalcatl #9 by Sei It

Based on Click to view
Artist Sei It [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 47 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Quetzalcatl #9

Postby Sei It » Wed May 24, 2017 8:46 am

[ Nursery | Growths | Customs ]
[ Artist Search ] [ Archive ]

What are Quetzalcatls? wrote:Quetzalcatls, often shortened to just Catls, are a strange and elusive
breed of sand cats which have only recently been discovered.
Noted as docile and actually quite smart, they have been accepted
as companions and taken in to many people's homes. While
scientists are still studying them, they believe that they
had been created since the dawn of the Earth, and are
part of Earth's many deities that protect it from harm.

Standard: Ear edits, (longer/slightly bigger)
Common: Wing edits, (very slightly longer/bigger), added hair
Uncommon: Scale Patch edits, Pupil edits (X pupils)

*Timer is off, I do other things with my oekaki open*

well this cutie came out much better then I hoped, first custom drawn catl!
They are loosely based off of Anubis, this design is a bit of a darker palette then I normally do, I hope you guys like it!

This will be an Impress me, and you need to tell me their favorite myth or legend, it can be real or it can be one you made up!
You may pretty up your forms
You may have up to 3 Extras! (optional) 1 Extra= 1 piece of art or 200 words.
You may not add sections onto the form.

Code: Select all
Username;;
Name;;
Gender;;
Personality;; (300 words max)
What is their favorite myth or legend and why?;; (up to 1000 words)
Extras;;

This contest will end on the 10th of June
Sei It

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Quetzalcatl #9

Postby onionraptor » Wed May 24, 2017 8:49 am

Username;;
Mimi-Chan~

Name;;
Valefor

Gender;;
Female

Personality;;
"Well, I'm kind of outgoing and free-spirited when it comes to flying or having a good mood. But, when I'm not in a good mood, I'm usually grumpy and sad, and eat cookies all day to try to make me feel better."

What is their favorite myth or legend and why?;; Res Dragon Legend

WPAh Wip

━ THOUGHTS ━
┌─────────┐
#1 / #2 / #3 / #4 /

└────────┘
━ WASH AWAY ━

● ● ● ● ●
░░░░░░
━━━━

┌──────┐
text text text
text text text
text text text
text text text

└──────┘
━━━━

onionraptor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mousekewitz » Thu May 25, 2017 3:28 am

Username;; lordren
Name;;
Gender;; female
Personality;; (300 words max) sticks her nose into ppl's business, nosy, keeps tabs on ppl, has dirt on others, very capable
What is their favorite myth or legend and why?;; (up to 1000 words) res kracken
Extras;; 3 [ one art or 200 words ]

i have decided to move on from cs
im simply not as invested or active as i used to be

thank you to everyone who makes this site possible
to every supportive, kind community member ive met
the friends i have made and lost, the experiences ive had
its been an unforgettable ride & i will miss yall

thank you to my wife for introducing me
cs has been a huge part of our lives all this time
and im excited to see where life takes me next
mousekewitz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rain, » Thu May 25, 2017 5:53 am

Username;; .aries.
Name;; Kalese (kah-lEsE)
Gender;; Female
Personality;; (300 words max) Kalese is a very cheerful Quetzalcatl, who loves exploring, and going on adventures. She is very bright, and always comes and leaves safely due to her wits. She loves making people's day, and exploring the unknown.
What is their favorite myth or legend and why?;; (up to 1000 words) Kalese loves almost every myth there is, claiming to anyone who doubts their reality that they are real, and just waiting to be found. Her favorite though, is the sirens. She likes how by using their charm, they can lure others, and despite Kalese not wanting that power, she finds it interesting that their songs and charm can lure anything into their trap.
Extras;;

"She needs me. And I need her.
Its as simple as that."

🌧 kalons 🌧 my kalons 🌧 my pillowtails 🌧 pillowtails 🌧 work list 🌧
rain,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

work in progress

Postby kartharon » Mon May 29, 2017 5:53 am

username
      kartharon
      name
      kanga "the raven"
      personality (0/300)
      x
      what is their favorite myth or legend and why? (634/1000)
      the collection of myths about the raven in native american culture is one of the most fascinating series merla has invested herself into. she was initially attracted to the stories based on her own name, which she discovered to be of the human's native american origins. from that point initiated a lot of research and absorbing information from the human's mythologies and legends. during her investigation she discovered the stories of the raven and how he came to have a curved beak, black feathers, and raspy caw.
      the stories told of the raven going through several trials in his lifetime. the first is the story of crow's appearance and how he came to be that way. legends tell that the raven sat among the council of beasts discussing ways to bring heat to their world. many of the humans were dying due to the intense cold and there was no way to assist them. they all decided that, should they travel to the sun, one could bring back fire for the humans to introduce the warmth that had been missing for so long. crow offered to do it while the others declined for an assortment of reasons.
      keep in mind, the crow was beautiful and possessed feathers the color of snow. his beak was once curved and his voice rivaled every songbirds'. but this trip changed his entire future as when he returned it was revealed that the heat of the star had stained his feathers black as shadow and ruined his once powerful voice. for this, the other animals avoided him and treated him like the scum of the earth. the creator deemed that he could keep his appearance as a reminder for the wrongs he was done and to strike fear into the hearts of humans.
      his beak, however, did not become crooked until a later journey. due his to insatiable hunger, the raven was not pleased with the fish he had caught and desired for more. he saw a fisherman out for a catch and decided make a dive for the morsel on the hook. the fisherman began to reel him in, however, so raven attempted to struggle away from him. as a result, his beak was yanked off by the fisherman so raven had to dart in to take it back. when he returned the beak to his face he realized that it was now curved. he decided that he preferred it over his straight beak though and kept it that way.
      kanga finds these two separate stories absolutely fascinating and thinks they are a direct representation of the idea that your experiences can reshape and define you. maybe not always positively but in the end they can wind up assisting you. forming these conclusions helps her better understand and enjoy the tales.
      especially since she is sometimes uncomfortable with her appearance due to a lower self confidence, she loved hearing stories of others who can learn to accept the way they look regardless of how they desire to look. especially since the raven went from such an elegant appearance to one that could be scorned so openly. he knew that regardless of the way he looked it could turn out to be better in the end.
      kanga also appreciates that the story does not reward raven for his good deeds but he must know that what he did was selfless and empowering. he must learn that sometimes he will not be acknowledged for his accomplishments but must know in his heart that what he did was an generous sacrifice. it was a lesson that one should take pride in their decisions regardless of the attention and appreciation from others. that should not be the goal, the goal should be to help others that cannot be helped on their own.
      extras (0/3)
kartharon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sei It » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:00 am

This is now closed for judging! Please do not edit your forms.
Sei It

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sei It » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:38 pm

The winner of this competition is Kartharon!
I really liked the idea behind the stories and the reason why Kanga liked them, she is all yours!

Thank you everyone for entering~
Sei It

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kartharon » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:04 am

thank you so much, sei!! c: UGH I LOVE HER