Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Tignix Adopts (TA) by ImmyWimmy1

Based on Click to view
Artist ImmyWimmy1 [gallery]
Time spent 19 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Tignix Adopts (TA)

Postby ImmyWimmy1 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:32 am

~~~Closed for revamps! See you again in the summer!~~~

Welcome to Tignix Adopts!

What are tignix?

Common Name:

Tignix

---

Latin Name:

Acinonyx tigris

---

Longevity:

18 years

---

Description of Physical Appearance:

The physical appearance is almost exactly the same for all three sub-species. They all have a tiger-like head, tiger-like legs, a cheetah like body and a cheetah-like tail. They generally grow to be about 234 - 241 cm in length (from the tip of the nose to the tip of the tail), 70 - 98 cm in height (to the shoulders, males being slightly larger) and weighing around 35 - 80 kg. Their hefty size means, unlike their African and Asiatic cousins, they can only reach a maximum speed of 48 mph, which they can maintian over a distance of 500 metres. Their fur is longest on the back of their necks, their underbelly and their cheeks. Each subspecies varies slightly in fur length, plains tignix with the shortest, forest with the middle and mountainous with the longest.

---

Colouration:

The colour varies from subspecies to subspecies.
The forest tignix have green-brown coats of varying shades and mainly have markings resembling those of Tigers, Asian Golden Cats, Bay Cats, Jungle Cats, Wildcats, Colocolos, Geoffroy's Cats, Kodkods, Margays, Ocelots, Oncillas, Pampas Cats, Pantanal Cats, Bobcats, Canadian Lynx, Eurasian Lynx, Clouded Leopards, Sunda Clouded Leopards, Jaguars, Marbled Cats, Fishing Cats, Flat-headed Cats, Leopard Cats, Rusty-spotted Cats and Jaguarundis.
The plains tignix are mainly tan or brown with markings resembling those of Cheetahs, Caracals, Black-footed Cats, Sand Cats, Servals, Leopards, Lions and African Golden Cats.
The mountainous tignix are mainly grey or brown, with markings similar to Snow Leopards, Chinese Mountain Cats, Andean Mountain Cats, Iberian Lynx, Pallas Cats and Cougars.
On very rare occassions, the subspecies can interbreed to produce fertile offspring with interesting shades of colour coats, some even having a combination of stripes and spots. There have been reported cases of albinism in them, but this is very rare. Like the bengal tiger, there are also rare cases where cubs will be born with pure white fur, which develops unusual patterning later in life. Pure black and pure white tignix are very rare, but there have been many reported sightings.

---

Habitat:

Each subspecies inhabits its own terrain. The forest tignix inhabit dense, coniferous forests. The mountainous tignix prefer to inhabit steep, rocky cliffs. The plains tignix prefer wide open plains to roam.

---

Distribution:

Tignix are found throughout the Northern Hemisphere.

---

Social Status:

Tignix live in large groups, hunting together to help bring down larger prey animals (deer, elk, etc.). These groups are known as packs, as in wolves. Each pack has an alpha pair, a beta pair, able-bodied hunters and fighters, queens (female nursing cubs), cub-nannies and cubs. However, occassionally members will be cast out to live a solitary life.

---

Territory:

Each pack covers a range of around 6 acres of land, with gaps inbetween packs (often inhabited by loners).

---

Diet:

Like the rest of Felidae, tignix mainly eat meat. Packs tend to hunt deer, elk, moose and a large variety of larger mammals. Cubs, young tignix and loners often go for smaller mammals, such as rabbits, voles, hares, etc. Birds are harder to catch, but they will attempt to hunt them.

---

Mating and Offspring:

The mating season is around the autumm time, with the females becoming queens during the late winter months. Tignix mate for life. Cubs are normally born in the spring, in litters of 2 - 4 cubs. Cubs take four years to mature, but normally stay with their birth pack. Cubs born during the summer are normally weakened by winter, as they haven't had enough time to gain sufficient weight to survive the harsh winter months. If cubs are born during the autumm or winter, they are almost certainly going to die.

---

Breeding:

I will be the only breeding artist for now. Remember, tignix mate for life. Once your tignix has mated with another, it cannot be bred to another one. Choose you mate wisely! Females can have cubs every 3 months.

Slots (all currently open):

Rules:

1. To adopt one, you must complete a form on the page of the tignix you want.
2. Please don't complain if you don't win. It makes you look immature and makes other people feel uncomfortable!
3. Please don't request a custom from any of our artists. There will NEVER be any customs!!!
4. A person can have unlimited tignix!!!
5. Artists can make their own tignix, but try to remember entering is part of the fun!
6. If you are given a warning, you will be PMed about it. I will never post a banning list here to prevent potential trolling.
7. Have fun adopting! ^^

Artists:

> ImmyWimmy1

> Squiddy
> fly . A W A Y ]
> PokeZelda

Guest Artists:

> PauseOff (time permitted: un determined)
> Ferncat (time permitted: un determined)

Moderators:

> ImmyWimmy1

Affiliates:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by ImmyWimmy1 on Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:07 pm, edited 15 times in total.
ImmyWimmy1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tignix Adopts (TA)

Postby shego » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:40 pm

Username:Thę Fałłen
Why do you want to become an artist?:because I love animals and I have a lot of experience off this sight
Have you been an artist for adoptables before? (please include links if 'yes'):no
Are you online on a regular basis?:yes
what can you bring to Tignix Adoa; well all type of big cats
Image ImageImageImage
shego

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ImmyWimmy1 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:53 pm

Thę Fałłen wrote:Username:Thę Fałłen
Why do you want to become an artist?:because I love animals and I have a lot of experience off this sight
Have you been an artist for adoptables before? (please include links if 'yes'):no
Are you online on a regular basis?:yes
what can you bring to Tignix Adoa; well all type of big cats

Thank you for applying! Is it possible for you to link me to some of your artwork? Maybe even some big cats, if you have any? :)
ImmyWimmy1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RobinRed » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:37 am

Username:Laxus Dreyar
Why do you want to become an artist?: I love to colour in differnt designs and I wuld love to help you. I also love big cats! :D
Have you been an artist for adoptables before? (please include links if 'yes'): X I haven't done many adoptables in a while but im much better now :D
Are you online on a regular basis?: Yes most of the day nearly everyday :oops:
Link to some of your other artwork:X x
What can you bring to Tignix Adopts?:diffrenet designs
RobinRed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ImmyWimmy1 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:24 am

Laxus Dreyar wrote:Username:Laxus Dreyar
Why do you want to become an artist?: I love to colour in differnt designs and I wuld love to help you. I also love big cats! :D
Have you been an artist for adoptables before? (please include links if 'yes'): X I haven't done many adoptables in a while but im much better now :D
Are you online on a regular basis?: Yes most of the day nearly everyday :oops:
Link to some of your other artwork:X x
What can you bring to Tignix Adopts?:diffrenet designs

Accepted. Congratulations! ^^
ImmyWimmy1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me