Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Lions of the Cosmos. L.O.C. - Moving to new lines! by starry--knight

Based on Click to view
Artist starry--knight [gallery]
Time spent 21 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
26 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Lions of the Cosmos. L.O.C. - Moving to new lines!

Postby starry--knight » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:55 pm

Hello, I am the Head Warrior Ronin. Aeon, the Alpha is extremely preoccupied- so I am
here to guide you through our lands and our customs. I hope you have a pleasant visit
as we all enjoy newcomers around these parts.

A warning of Caution though - don't wander too far. The unknown lands are much too
dangerous, even for us.

) - RolePlay - ( ) - FanClub - ( ) - Nursery - (

- Home Grounds -
    The Lions live on a small rock they call home, a planet that is surrounded by empty soundness space, though the skies are filled with stars who glimmer just out of reach. There are large mountainous regions where the lions have set up home for generation after generation. The mountain is a dull and lifeless grey but they continue to call it home. Beside the labyrinth of Mountains and rocks sits a glimmering lake which has no comparison. The lake contains the past souls of the Lion protectors who occasionally share their wisdom and talk to their decendants when dire times arise.

The lake breaks off into three streams, one of which flows into the mountainous region and creates a pool in what is considered a sacred chamber. This chamber is large enough to house 4,000 Lions but since their numbers are so low, only need enough room for about 100. This room is where Aeon speaks his mind, settles arguments, starts stretigic plans, and even just going in there alone to discuss things with the past ancestors in the privacy of the magnificent cave walls.
    The other two streams lead off to the unknown lands, a place that is forbidden for all to go, even the spirits refuse to go anywhere near there. A dark and eerie presence awaits there and any who have tried to discover what it was has never come back.

- The Golden Dust -
    The Lions all are surrounded by a golden dust which is the source of their power and strength. The lions never need to feed and never grow hungry, again because the dust is all they need. The origins of this mystifying dust is unknown, but the past protectors have said the dust has always been there.

- Characteristics -
    The lions stand about Ten feet tall, so about twice as tall as an average human, but have been known to grow as tall as fifteen. They are about 16 feet in length, but this number fluxuates as well. Their paws are about the size of a basketball, and their back legs are just slightly longer then their front ones. Their fur can be either extremely thick or thin, but depends on the element they possess. The lions tails are tipped with three spikes almost like a scorpions tail but much more dangerous. The lions use their tail as their 'killing move' one hit results in an instant death. The tails hold a large concentration of the Lions power. When used to attack, the power at contact will flow into the enemies body and incinerate the enemy from the inside out.

- Age and Lifespan -
    At 1 day to almost 200 years old the Lion is a cub and remains in the adolescent stage. They cannot officially have a mate or breed until they have reached 200 years of age.
    Immediately at the 200 years mark the Lion will go through and extraordinary transformation and will be surrounded by the golden dust before being transformed into their adult state which they will remain for the rest of their lives. The longest a lion could live before passing on would be 600 years, in which case the lion would make it's walk down to the lake of eturnity and step inside the ice cold waters. That Is their final resting place.

- Breeding -
    The lions of the Cosmos typically mate for life or don't mate at all. Mating is a sacred thing for the lions and is to be treated as such.
    When breeding they have anywhere from 1-3 cubs, each cub has a 1:2 chance of getting a their from their mother and a 1:2 chance if getting their power from their father. There is a 1:10 chance that the newborn cub will get both powers.

- Elements and Ranks -
    The ranks within the lions depends on their element. Water is common, so they are lower in rank then a Phsycic.
    Ranks can also be assigned by the Alpha of the lions who always has the power of time.

Water- common
    Fire- common
    Earth- common
    Air- common
    Light- Uncommon
    Darkness- Uncommon
    Poison - Uncommon
    Phsycic- Rare
    Death- Rare
    Life- Rare
    Love- Rare
    Ice- Rare
    Flight- Rare
    Time - Extremely Rare (only for alpha lion)

Warriors are in a league all their own. They are a select force appointed by the alpha to transport to different planets to help keep the peace. The warriors are born with unique markings and posses the powers of war and battle. Even though the alpha chooses them, it seems fate has already picked them for the job. They are the only ones who get armor, the armor is extremely unique.

As for a warriors armor, each is extremely unique and diverse. Silver armor is for the use of the upper ranked warriors, and is classified by it's markings which will have either arrow markings or one dot on the armors face.
    The second rank lion warrior which consists of three linear dots, the middle one being the largest.
    The last ranking lion warrior will have no dots and will be just plain metal, typically bronze or copper.

This here is the Arch, the portal in which the warriors enter to move from their home planet to any planet in the galaxy. Only the warriors who bear the mark may enter the arch. The Arch has existed since the first lions roamed this land - as it shall remain for all it's predecessors.

-All of Tess's rules apply
    -Be patient and respectful
    -Do not claim species as your own or steal any ideas posted on this thread-
    -You are only allowed to have 2 Lions unless specified by me- No adoption limit at this time
    -These lions can be your most loved characters but are never to be treated or used as Fursona's-
    -Be respectful to myself and my artists-
    -Do not double post or spam the thread with unrelated comments
    -Don't leave your lion to rot, if you no longer want yours send them back so they can find a new home-
    -When using the gift lines you cannot color in a custom, only the one you adopted-
    -Enjoy C:

Breaking one of these rules will result in a warning, a second offense will get you banned from this species. So please, think about what you are doing before you do it.

- - - - - - -

L.O.C. For Adoption!
      ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Advertise us!
    Code: Select all
    [url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=1917734][IMG]http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j472/starry-knight/Loc_zps4cfa3a2c.png[/IMG][/url]
Last edited by starry--knight on Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:30 pm, edited 25 times in total.
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lions of the Cosmos. L.O.C. -Grand Re-Opening

CURRENTLY SEARCHING FOR ARTISTS AND MODS!

MUST BE DEDICATED!

Code: Select all
Username:
How often are you online?:
Will you make at least 1 design every week (for artists only):
Best design examples: (Links please):
Can you do line edits?:
Any previous experience from another species?:
Do you promise to support this species to the best of your abilities?:
Last edited by starry--knight on Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Last edited by starry--knight on Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:23 am, edited 7 times in total.
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Last reserve, now open for posting<3

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chronicallyCulpable » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:00 pm

Hiya! These are a beautiful species and I love the concept. How can I adopt? =)
╔═════════════╗

ℓєт'ѕ вє ƒяιєη∂ѕ

feel free
to message
or trade me!

╚═════════════╝
chronicallyCulpable

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:02 pm

when there is a lion for adoption, just fill out the form requirements <3 C:

Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allinian » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:02 pm

oooo these are very cool <3
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
----------
on hiatus.
----------

⟡ alli ⟡ she/her ⟡
to-do list

art creditimg rotator
⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡⟡
allinian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ferncat » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:02 pm

They look amazing. Will there be a form for artists, or an Artist Comp.?
Can't wait for adoptions! <3
ferncat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:03 pm

I will set up artist forms to apply soon<3 As well as having guest artist opportunities in the future<3

Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sakhmet » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:05 pm

I can't wait to see the first adopt!!
I USED TO BE MACLEW13!!ImageImagePLEASE TRADE WITH ME!
Sakhmet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me