Difference Between Sparkledogs and Unique Fursonas

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Postby Captain Kaycee » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:46 pm

I think I should make this, since some people are getting a bit confused by what sparkle dogs and "unique" fursonas are. I'm pretty much tired of all the arguements of who is a sparkledog and who is not. So here's a quick topic that tells the difference between the two.

---

Sparkle Dogs
((Picture by 0KA on DeviantArt. She made this to show what a sparkledog is.))

Sparkle dogs mainly consist of bright neon colours and rainbows. Mainly they have very long "anime" hair with leg warmers from the '80s, lots of piercings on the ears, wings that are a completely different colour than the actual fur, and also clothing that has the same brand as something in real life (ex: Aeropostale, SkullCandy, Adidas, etc.).
Sparkle dogs also seem to go with a colour scheme that go with something like "My Little Pony", neon-coloured cakes, and little girl's birthday party with all of the excessive colours. Some sparkle dogs have painted claws and more than a few layers of fur (poofy, etc.). There are also sparkle dogs thas have little friends like plushies with their same colour designs, however unique fursonas have plushies as well like toy planes, mooses of their colour, etc.
Although many people believe that sparkle dogs can be obnoxious, horribly coloured, and downright strange, some people also call fursonas with unnatural colouring "sparkle dogs". Though truthfully they should be called unnatural or unique dogs, some people prefer to call them sparkle dogs.

Unique/Unnatural Fursonas
((Unnatural fursonas Haruka and Kaycee. Haruka is Huskylover's; Art and Kaycee is mine.))

Unnatural fursonas (or "unique" depending on the colours) are fursonas that do not have a natural colour of their animal and have colours that go along with a certain colour scheme. Unnatural fursonas do not contain bright colours and neon to make the dog (or other animal) seem eye blinding and ugly. Instead, they tend to use darker colours of the colour wheel like an ocean blue, a forest green, night sky purple, or even blood red. Unnatural fursonas could have a small patch of emo hair, or regular hair like a human would have. They tend to have a small set of accessories (dogtags, small bracelets, necklaces, etc.) Some unnatural fursonas also contain something in real life imprinted on their coats like the ocean, a night sky, a forest, or even jagged mountains. Some fursonas have something that seems to go with their owner or the human behind them. They seem to have something in common with the person and at least one of their accessories or colours has to do with something the owner enjoys.

---

Hopefully this clears a few things up. Just a little paragraph stating each one, which will probably definitly help in the future and stop all of these... arguements o.o;;
Last edited by Captain Kaycee on Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

╔══════════════════════╗

❝ A soldier on my own, I don't know the way
I'm riding up the heights of shame
I'm waiting for the call, the hand on the chest
I'm ready for the fight and fate ❞
~Woodkid
─────────────
My Characters
Human Artists on CS
Get help from staff
RP Rules
╚══════════════════════╝

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

GIVING AWAY MOST OF MY PETS IN A GIANT ART CONTEST! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE CLICK HERE!
Captain Kaycee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Difference Between Sparkledogs and Unique Fursonas

Postby Yamanaka Shin » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:48 pm

This is a great thread! Love the Kaycee pic you have up ^^
Yamanaka Shin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby basti » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:51 pm

Thank you <3

Finally we can define the line between "Unnatural" and "Sparkle/Gloom"
basti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby uncloudedbyh8 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:51 pm

Great job with this thread! ^^
╒═════════════════════════════╕
Uɴᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇʏ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴄᴏɴsᴄɪᴏᴜs
ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʀᴇʙᴇʟ
╘═════════════════════════════╛
╒═════════════════════════════╕
ᴀɴᴅ ᴜɴᴛɪʟ ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇʏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʀᴇʙᴇʟʟᴇᴅ
ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴀɴɴᴏᴛ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴄᴏɴsᴄɪᴏᴜs
╘═════════════════════════════╛
uncloudedbyh8

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby June Bug » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:52 pm

This was a great idea! now you don't have to associate with Sparkles XD
I think Lovela counts as a unique, I don't consider her sparkle XD
June Bug
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lirrie » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:54 pm

Yay that means Linkas just an unatural fursona, not a sparkle dog.
ImageMy Da /Crystalines Sangie's SantuaryImage

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 5 people.
I have received 9 gifts.

Lirrie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Captain Kaycee » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:03 pm

Kamaliah wrote:This was a great idea! now you don't have to associate with Sparkles XD
I think Lovela counts as a unique, I don't consider her sparkle XD

Lovela would likely be counted as unique since her colours are mainly towards the dark colours and blood red is one of the ones up there.

In other words, thanks guys! 8D

╔══════════════════════╗

❝ A soldier on my own, I don't know the way
I'm riding up the heights of shame
I'm waiting for the call, the hand on the chest
I'm ready for the fight and fate ❞
~Woodkid
─────────────
My Characters
Human Artists on CS
Get help from staff
RP Rules
╚══════════════════════╝

GIVING AWAY MOST OF MY PETS IN A GIANT ART CONTEST! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE CLICK HERE!
Captain Kaycee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pizzas and scream » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:06 pm

I'm a member of LJ's anti sparkledog. one also has to keep considerations the antics of the people who draw/own them

ones who will never ever take CC and see it as an insult "so what if my sparkle badger is digigrade I like them that way have a problem"? shove off"

if they really are going to go onto more art, they don't take any advise, even if you "are going to collage to work for Dreamworks" YOU won't dazzle them with your DA collection of candycolored "wolves". they don't want to hear that the'll have assignments.

sparkledogs are also mostly rail thin, and most species look alike. YOU can't them apart. Wolves are drawn with grey hound thin bodies, and have bitty foxxie feet, and huge coyote ears that end in points

'it is called a style'

if you are going to draw an animal, try try try to make it look like it's species. don't draw a "wolf" and call it a spotted hyena, hyenas don't look anything like that. and by "wolf" i don't mean "skinny husky with a fox's tail that is super long" and if it comes to that "blowing up and screaming and crying"
is also what makes it a sparkledog

the "can you do better"
"you just are a hater"
"you are jelious because I am more creative than you"
"so what shut up"

http://blaushepherd.deviantart.com/art/ ... -153535768
sums it up good

*edit* I'll have to disagree on one point, 'furtatoos" seem to be more in the sparkleside of things, you know "has a butter fly in a heart on her hip and tribal running down her leg"

my gryphon kuwaizair who i'm not happy with ATM has some bold dark colors, but then again its half bird so "it can be colorful" (and the blues and purples aren't on her mammal hind parts)
she has the star on the forehead with the upside down star inside the white one because it looks cool, and an inverted star inside a rightside up one makes her "omg original and half evil looking"

sparkledog is a genra...family?

then there is the sparkledog, gloomdog, ravedog, deathdog,scene dog.

anthro sparkles are...called something. I forget what. Glamors I think

http://wingdingbat.deviantart.com/art/M ... -142967253
here is one reason people hate spaggles.
I wonder how people would take it if someone did make a doggie with some illness. would you CS people be offended if I made a legless diabetic, epeliptic cat with IBS?
Last edited by pizzas and scream on Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
-----------------------------
older than an embryo
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:11 pm

Thank-you for creating this! C:
I do not consider my fursona a sparkledog (err, sparklecat, I suppose) because her colors are a bit more natural. They're still very unnatural, but I feel that they are not blindingly bright and are indeed somewhat natural (imagine painting a picture with berries, like people used to. They use an array of colours, but they are not unnatural and blinding). However, that's simply my own opinion that pretty much agrees with yours.

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Twinkling Star » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:32 pm

Yay this thread helps explain a lot!
Username changed! Past username was: TheAlbinoBunny (alternatively I was also once Huskylover)
Twinkling Star

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me