TheComfortCorner | V.7

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: TheComfortCorner | V.7

Postby Unleashed Squiid » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:11 pm

.headrush. wrote:My family keep picking out things about me and it's making me insecure.
My sisters say I have elephant feet... yes elephant feet. because I'm UK size 6 and they're UK size 5.5
My thighs are too hairy.
I'm unattractive and gross.
I'm ugly.
My nose is too big.

I'm already finding it hard to put up with myself. I don't need this.

There is nothing wrong with you. Everyone is perfectly unique and special. Plus, differences are beautiful to me. Things like big noses or pointy ears are a nice touch compared to "normalities" and societies view on attractive traits, most of which are completely unrealistic and honestly stupid. An example is having an hourglass figure, yet maintaining a super skinny figure. Less that one percent of people look like that, so honestly it's stupid for it to be considered an attractive normality.

Plus, I am a pretty hairy girl myself. I'm not sure what your definition or hairy is, however I do have visible hair on my arms since I'm super pale but with naturally nearly black hair. I used to be embarrassed about my arm hair, but after realizing that it made me unique, I stopped and just embrace it now. Why should you care about what other people think? If they wish to change a trait on themselves, sure, but they aren't you, so what right do they have to dictate how you view yourself?

If you really want to, you could ask for a razor to shave with, but doing so would let them know that their words got to you. If you're okay with that, fine. To be honest, the best advice I can give is just to ignore what your family says. Their opinion on looks doesn't matter as long as you take care of yourself. They may not even know they're hurting you, so one day just tell them in a form voice that they are. Hopefully it will end the words.

(Another note; if you're size 6 feet are elephants, mine are dinosaurs, because I translated my foot size to U.K. measurements and I'm size 9.5, haha. Again, don't worry. When it comes down to it, beauty rests in the soul and heart of a person. The rest is subjective.

I hope this helps? Feel free to Pm me with anything else or if something is on your mind. <3
Have a wonderful day. Just remember that you are beautiful!

Just remember; what you are told repeatedly is what you believe, no matter what that may be. If you wake up every morning and say "I'm amazing" not only will it make your day better, but you will also learn to believe it. It works, trust me.
Squid || She/Her || ENFP || Kals
Image hello I am tiny and you can’t read me! :) Imagehello I am font and you can’t read me! :) Image
Unleashed Squiid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♡♡♡♡ » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:08 pm

I just need to vent.
or something/

-
people don't really talk to me
I know that's not really a big deal
but I don't know what I did wrong.
I mean- my friends talk behind my back - I know it
then they talk to me and act like its fine,
I'm just tired of it
I'm tired of all of it
"Oh ! ____ is always so happy! "
Damn right I try - I really do
I just give up
I don't want to go back.
I'm just done.
♡♡♡♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raikki » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:09 pm

I don't know what to do anymore.
I don't know how to make it all stop hurting. Every breath I take in feels heavy now.
Heavy like a weight on my shoulders
I don't want to see. Hear. Taste. Anymore.
It all hurts so much to take in.
Check out my art shop
Raikki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ωolfie » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:03 pm

hello everyone! I've come here tosay because ngl, i'm really worried.

so i found yesterday out my dad was sick... with what, exactly? i'm still not sure. i asked my dad what it was and he didn't tell me. i am really afraid that it's going to be something really serious. he keeps getting older but he keeps working everyday and never takes a break, and so he gets sick a lot but we don't bring him to the hospital or anything for a checkup in fear that it'll be too expensive

i also found out today that my mom keeps having headaches again. last november she had my baby sister, and after that she kept having headaches and feeling like passing out. and then i heard her and my dad talking about how tired she was today caring for the baby and how she had headaches and just didn't feel good. I'm scared the same situation is going to happen all over again. all of the rest of my family are in different parts of america and some are out of the country, so where we live, we have no friends and family left to aid us with the baby (my little sister), and we don't have enough money for a babysitter. i still try to help out but my mom doesn't fully trust me with the baby yet and offers to do all the work.

i also heard my parents talking about something else. i didn't really fully catch on to the conversation, but i think they were talking about the landlord and i think the landlord was asking them for money or something alike, and long story short my parents thought it was ridiculous and refused to pay- or something alike. we don't have that much money left because my mom is unemployed and my dad has his own small business but he's getting older and so far it's not paying much.

my parents did not tell me any of this beforehand, and i'm also very afraid that there are more things they're not going to tell me that will be way worse. sorry if this sounds stupid, i feel like i worry too much about my family and i often fear the worst as well. replies are very much appreciated!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

x
x

████
████
x
x

x
x

` credit ` art credit ` my kals ` she/her ` link ` link ` link
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
❝ //. taking a break ! -- ❞
x
x

x
x

██
██

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ωolfie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hellebore » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:18 pm

An RP idea with a friend is tainted by a negative situation that occurred while starting it up. I'm now hesitant to continue it but don't want to disappoint her. I'm sure the bad feelings about it will fade once I just get going on the prologue. I can't bring myself to, though. I know she'd be understanding, but we were really enjoying the process.
CHARACTER CLEAROUT
⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

Please let me know if I overpay a lot in trades!! I probably don't know!
Only returning for trades
Chronically ill but sword in hand
Armed but warm-hearted

xxxxxxx about | my : sweets
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
playing HZD between naps ██████★
bats | flowers | moths ★█████
▬▬▬▬▬★▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hellebore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 䏠xote » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:42 pm

would it be okay if i disappeared?
䏠xote

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby ♡♡♡♡ » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:08 pm

I.C. wrote:
would it be okay if i disappeared?

Hey, I know I shouldn't be the one giving you this advice - as I just posted on here about my own problems but just try to keep your head up c: things will get better - they always do, friend. Feel free to PM me .
♡♡♡♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mikey » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:58 pm

Wow, I have't posted on here. But I was told it's helpful so here goes nothing..

It's the most ridiculous thing but it's been annoying the heck out of me. And it's been making me feel like a complete coward...
    I have a fear of vomit. It's affected me since I was young. It's never really been that bad, but over the years it's gotten worse and worse.

I recall being in primary school, a kid complained that they were feeling unwell. I just started crying and I hid underneath the tables and refused to come out. My teachers all told me the same thing. "You're not the one who feels sick, so why should you be worried?"

Then, the next year someone out of nowhere just threw up everywhere. I was panicking and I couldn't go outside the classroom because the kid was literally right next to the doorway. So I shoved my fingers in my ears and covered my face and just cried. Once again I was told that I was being ridiculous,.

I'm always told, every time I have a panic attack that I'm being silly. They think that I'm being stupid and it's not fair!

It's become such a big problem lately. Every time someone coughs or burps my mind instantly thinks that the person is going to throw up. So I jump, more like shoot away from them. Even at the dinner table. My parents and sibling all tell me to stop being stupid. And that they're not going to throw up, so stop being silly.

I've missed out on nearly every school camp because of this fear and I don't know how to make it stop. I hate it!

Sorry for that ridiculous rant.. It's just been bugging me.
mikey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CyberneticVampire » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:13 pm

I don't know why but my stomach has been feeling unstable for a few weeks straight now. It hurts almost everyday no matter what I do. When I'm hungry it hurts really bad and when I eat it hurts in the end. It's making really loud constant noises for three hours now and it just now quieted down but now it just hurts. I don't know what to do.
✦✦✦
The sole meaning of life is to serve humanity.
KaitoHe/himINFJGemini
VampireYoung adult Taken ❤
✦✦✦
CyberneticVampire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sillies » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:26 pm

my mother simply birthed me, nothing more. I wish she would stop thinking she can try and raise me because she has right of leave (the right to see me). sorry if im sounding like a rebellious teen (i just can't handle it anymore),
but if she thinks im going to take the morals my grand mother gave me and replace them with hers, she's very wrong. she has right of leave, not the right to raise me. sorry i was forced out of her care. but i would be a horrible human being if i were raised by her. i can't stand going on vacations with her because when we spend time she doesn't try to just talk to me, she tries to raise me. and if anything, i don't think she's knows the definition of raising a child, and from her life decisions i can see she doesn't even know how to take care of herself... and then their's my father. all i am is related to him. he has no right to contact me and yet he did. while it was months ago and he left a message, i was backstage from a production my school was putting on. do people know how hard it is to smile on stage in front of a full house (sold out show) when all of this is weighing you down? i just can't handle thinking about all of this... and i've just never had a father figure in my life either, he never did anything for me. he doesn't know the definition of the word father.

i may not think about it all the time, but i can be reminded of it so easily and everything that happened that just screwed my life up completely. while i am in a better place now, i don't like seeing my mother and i wish my father would never ever contact me. ever. but he just doesn't get it. and neither does my mother. when we do talk all she ever talks about is things that make me uncomfortable, whether they are positive things or negative things, i don't want to hear about it.
When i told her i didn't want to hear about it just recently, she got all butt hurt about my honest opinion and told me to heck off.

im sorry but im an honest person and if someone is making me uncomfortable they're going to be told about it, whether it hurts their feelings or not. in most cases, im relentless with my honesty. and im really not sorry about it.

honestly im just tired of everything and i wish their was something i could do to make things better, but their's no way i can tell my father to hecc off because when he answers the phone he'll probably just think im trying to get in contact and will want to meet him and wont listen to a word i say. my mother will just get butt hurt and make up something to tell my grandmother and the my grandma will get mad at me for upsetting my mother and wont listen to me when i try and prove that my mother was lying.

oh what a mess my life is
sillies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me