☾ Insomnia and Insomniacs ☾

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Re: ☾ Insomnia and Insomniacs ☾

Postby ChaseTheSun » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:32 pm

How many hours of sleep do you usually get on an average night?
I can't say for right now. I don't sleep at night. I can say that when I sleep during the day, it can take 1-5 hours to fall asleep even if I'm falling-over-myself tired. I stay up for 1-2 days so when I do sleep it can be 18 hours, though, with waking up a lot.
During school I'd say 3-4 hours total.

Have you ever had any hallucinations from lack of sleep?
Definitely. I used to hardly sleep, but when I did it was for a long time. Because it was so screwed I always saw what I called "Tallman". He's gone now.
During school I also barely slept and for a week or so saw another weird creature I called "Tallman's cousin. I have drawings. If anyone is curious, I'll show you.
I also have auditory hallucinations when I wake up in the middle of my sleeping. It can be anywhere from whispering to hearing music.
Yes, I've gotten this seen by professionals, don't worry, I'm fine.

How long have you suffered from insomnia?
I'd say my whole life. It's always taken me a long time to fall asleep. It definitely has gotten worse over time, though, so if we're going to count "how long has it been bad to the point of affecting your life?" I'd say a year.

♡ A e ♡
Always looking for trades!

ChaseTheSun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby - ; bonk! » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:38 pm

~Hersho~ wrote:
I can't say for right now. I don't sleep at night. I can say that when I sleep during the day, it can take 1-5 hours to fall asleep even if I'm falling-over-myself tired. I stay up for 1-2 days so when I do sleep it can be 18 hours, though, with waking up a lot.

Definitely. I used to hardly sleep, but when I did it was for a long time. Because it was so screwed I always saw what I called "Tallman". He's gone now.
During school I also barely slept and for a week or so saw another weird creature I called "Tallman's cousin. I have drawings. If anyone is curious, I'll show you.
I also have auditory hallucinations when I wake up in the middle of my sleeping. It can be anywhere from whispering to hearing music.

I'd say my whole life. It's always taken me a long time to fall asleep. It definitely has gotten worse over time, though, so if we're going to count "how long has it been bad to the point of affecting your life?" I'd say a year.

hey, I actually have a hallucination I named "Tallman"! weird coincidence. I have a lot of hallucinations, both visual and auditory. I gave all the visual ones names.

basically? i'm kinda a big deal.
✦ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓

lee || genderfluid || 18+
highly inactive
but i show up once in a blue moon.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ✦
i mean, d'ya even know who you're talkin' to?
- ; bonk!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ChaseTheSun » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:42 pm

dissipate. wrote:
~Hersho~ wrote:

hey, I actually have a hallucination I named "Tallman"! weird coincidence. I have a lot of hallucinations, both visual and auditory. I gave all the visual ones names.

Wow that's really ironic xD I give them all names, too. I also used to see this... canine-like thing and named it Takir. I use him as a character now and call him a dubstep demon because he would flash light-things on him to the music.
Can you describe what your tallman looked like? I'm curious now, but it's alright if you don't want to.

♡ A e ♡

ChaseTheSun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby - ; bonk! » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:49 pm

he was kind of a tall, almost all black figure. he was usually only visible in the corner of my eyes, so I could never really see him in detail.
funny that you used to see a canine-like hallucination- I actually frequently see a cat-like one. 'she' looks kind of like a large black leopard. I started calling her Whisper since whenever I see her in the room, I hear something that sounds like a woman whispering, which is also why I refer to her as a female.

highly inactive

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ✦
- ; bonk!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ChaseTheSun » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:53 pm

Really ironic.. The Tallman I saw was also pretty much black, and I'd see him in corners of my eyes. Mostly saw him on my stairs, though, or at the end of my bed. Both were equally terrifying, honestly, 'til I got used to him.

♡ A e ♡

ChaseTheSun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby - ; bonk! » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:58 pm

I usually only saw my Tallman in the corners of my room, but occasionally I'd see him standing outside.

highly inactive

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ✦
- ; bonk!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:37 pm

I've realized really lately since the end of the school year I haven't been sleeping at all. I had an emotional crisis a few weeks ago and I just stopped sleeping or end up only getting a hour or three. My parents all think its just because I'm happy there is no school their wrong.

Postby .:Grell~Sutcliff:. » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:01 am

Without my meds? 30 minutes.
No, but I burst out laughing and couldn't breath just because my mom told me I should get sleep.
since I was a newborn baby, sorry mom.
╔════❆══════════╗
- -
╚═══════════❆═══╝
╔════════════❆════╗
Deadly efficient ugly trash.

Image1x1Image

╚════❆════════════╝
━━━━━━━━━©━━━━
╔════════════❆════╗
Greetings, humans.
I am Ash. And I am trash
I'm here, I'm queer
Black butler is life
DOAB MORE LIKE
DEATH OF ASH

╚════❆════════════╝
.:Grell~Sutcliff:.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Strangeness » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:15 am

How many hours of sleep do you usually get on an average night? Ooooh, without meds? None at all, maybe an hour if I'm lucky. Luckly though, I have clinically prescribed sleep aids. But even with those, my sleep schedule varies. If I'm stressed or anxious, my emotions knock out my meds and I only get between 2-4 hours of sleep. However if i stay on a tight sleep schedule and am relatively stress-free I can get between 6-9 hours C: The most I've gotten in the past six months was a whole 11 hours. I think I had a cold (which contributed to my tiredness) but no matter the reason it was so great. The most I've gotten without my sleep medication in the last six months was 6 whole hours. I was so proud of myself.
Have you ever had any hallucinations from lack of sleep? Most of them are paranoid thoughts about people. Usually I perceive others to be out to get me which makes me worry, which makes it even harder for me to sleep. Its kind of a vicious cycle. Its really hard for me to tell if they are from lack of sleep or my anxiety though.
Over the years my coping methods have been making up friends who I used to talk to at night when I was a kid. I don't talk to them as much now that I'm in college but they still exist and keep me company when I am lonely at night with nothing to do. Not sure if this could be categorized as a hallucination but I wanted to see if anyone else has done the same.
How long have you suffered from insomnia?Since I was in the third grade or about eight years old. It goes hand in hand with my diagnosis of ADHD I believe because I was diagnosed with that around the same time that i started to have sleep problems. I have been on medication for my sleep since I was ten years old.
I like pink, history and cats. Lololol
Strangeness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grey-ghost » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:52 pm

I had really intense insomnia for basically my entire childhood and adolescence (like from toddler aged until I started college last year). Now my eyes are perpetually baggy-looking underneath. I don't mind much, because my eye bags make me squint when I smile and it looks kinda cute, haha.
I have had hallucinations from lack of sleep before. More often though I used to fall asleep in class and dream. Then, when I'd open my eyes, I'd be unable to move and see the dream images interspersed with stuff from real life. Kinda freaky! Has this happened to anyone else?
grey-ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me