synesthesia is a light and creamy green

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

where should this thread be placed?

I think you have it in the correct forum- General Discussions!
72%
I think it should have stayed in the 18+ Chats Forum.
14%
Let's make it a club, and put it in the Clubs/Armies forum!
14%
I have a different idea. (please post your idea in this thread!)
No votes

Total votes : 190

Re: synesthesia is a light and creamy green

Postby mountain tree » Mon May 08, 2017 4:02 am

DoomyPanda wrote:
Pyjaks wrote:Is it possible for synesthesia to vanish over time? I have vivid memories from when I was younger of associating words with colors, shapes and even personality traits. I haven't experienced it in probably a decade

From my experiences, I think it can reduce due to stress and sometimes depression, or even methods of schooling.

I just thought of that last one because early education kinda emphasizes the sensory experience of abstract concepts like letters and numbers, whereas later education just gives you the raw concepts without feeling. I dunno, but it seems kinda plausible.

^^this caught my attention.
    I've never experienced any differences of intensity of my synesthesia, but it wouldn't surprise me if people (such as yourself!) experienced it. I wonder if it's because I have such 'mild' synesthesia that it's easy to ignore. It sounds like you had very vivid synesthesia growing up, so you noticed when it stopped happening as much. That's kind of curious. Also, I know that synesthesia can intensify (and sometimes "appear" even if you don't genetically have it) if you take certain medications and sometimes through acupuncture. But that isn't considered "real" (?) synesthesia, because it wasn't formed within your developing brain and/or passed down genetically. I wonder if, as a child, you have projections, if they could disappear once you got older, even though that means your synesthesia is very apparent?

hyperthymesia. wrote:
    Hello! I'm not a synesthete, but I stumbled across this forum and I find it absolutely fascinating. I came across synthesia a really long time ago, but didn't entirely understand it because internet explanations can sometimes be a bit vague and not really comprehensible - in essence I just wanted to say that you are all super duper awesome and I'm happy you have a thread that can spread awareness and comfort for yourself and others ;v;

Furthermore, love the title. Idk. This thread just makes me really happy and warm inside, and I'm not sure why, but it does <:

So yeah I might pop in every now and again to ask questions, if that's okay of course, and just to read what people post. So far this thread has educated me far more than the internet has, but maybe I wasn't looking in the right places //shrugs
    Sorry if I'm bothering/butting in

hey there!
    when I was looking for information about synesthesia online, I was super disappointed that there was so little information. It makes sense, though. I think that there are a lot of people who probably have at least mild synesthesia who don't even know that they have it. And I know that there are a lot of people who do have it, but don't like to talk about it. That's why I wanted to make sure this thread was around- to encourage people talking about their experiences and asking questions!

Also, just a side note but something kind of interesting:
    A MAJORITY of people in the world do have a type pf syn that's sort of considered having synesthesia but that, as a synthete, I find "obvious" I guess. It's called the "Kiki/Bubba test. There's an image of a kind of spiky looking shape, and an image of a very curvy, paint-splattery looking shape. Basically, it's like a matching test. Most people will naturally name the spiky shape Kiki, and the curvy shape Bubba because of the way the words sound in relation to the words. To anyone with and type of syn that's more apparent, this answer comes easily to them, and so do the shapes, colors, or textures, or tastes, etc, of any other word.
    ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
    hi.
    ♀ | isfj | ♊
    sis cous syn fr trade
    seeking store pets & malk smileys
    & wishlist items please c:

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
    “Some believe it is only great power
    that can hold evil in check, but that is
    not what I have found.
    It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk
    that keep the darkness at bay.
    Small acts of kindness and love."

Gandalf the Grey
mountain tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lunarchy » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:43 am

i believe i have synesthesia.
for me, songs are colored (all my favorite songs are teal or dark blue) and some of them have smells. For example, there's a song on this soundtrack that smells like rain AND it's a murky blue, making it one of my favorite songs. also, numbers have personalities and 'looks' in a sense (i.e. 2 is a daydreamer and 8 is rebellious and likes creating chaos) and my "lucky number" is 12 because its personality is a lot like mine and it also is a very pretty number. ALSO (idk whether this is synesthesia or not) people have "auras" that are colored. For example, my girlfriend's is lavender and mine is the same color blue as the song that smells like rain.

so yeah, i'm pretty sure that's synesthesia.
x
x

❁‏‏‎
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
╒════════════╕
╘════════════╛
𝑡𝘩𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝑜𝑓
lunathey/she ❁‏‏‎ ‎‏‏ravioli enthusiast ❁ <3 ❁ fr | ©
─── 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 ───

░░░
░░░
░░░
╒═══════════════════╕
hey i'm luna!
i like music, writing, and fashion.
feel free to send me a pm or a trade!
i love meeting new people and
making more friends <3
╘═══════════════════╛
. . . . . . . . . . .
&
𝘽𝙀
𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙋𝙔

x
x
x
Lunarchy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby depressedanonymous, » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:30 pm

I think I MAY have this. If I've been somewhere in the past and return, that has a musty smell to me. Almost all memories and dreams are smells and colors, but I understand what the dreams are. Is that synesthesia? Can someone explain how I would know?
___
___

She/her, adult.
Trader, crosstrader, collector, rat enthusiast.
Fair Trade Thread | New "Rares List" | The "What's My Pet Worth?" Thread
___
___
depressedanonymous,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zone0Neko » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:36 am

i'm pretty sure i have the music/color variation of this, but it doesn't happen with every song though...
like i can see it a LOT on pop radio stations (a lot of the songs are like a dark blue with black)
does it have to happen with any piece of music i hear?
Zone0Neko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fuiuki » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:54 am

I seem to have a pretty abstract form of synesthesia, since a lot of "feelings" I get from things are just... undescribeable. It can actually be pretty frustrating at times, since I'm trying to describe something that has words, but they don't mean the same thing when actually made into words. Aah it's really complicated... and a thing to note can be that even if everyone has associations, synesthesia makes it even more vivid or stronger. I think of a lot of numbers as black and red because of calendars, but not the COLOURS black and red, but the feeling of them.

It really is like trying to describe a colour, and to a blind person none-the-less.

Something interesting to note is that my dad has absolutely no trace of synesthesia. When I started talking once about a number being yellow or something, or having a shape, he got so confused! He just doesn't seem to have any vivid associations. My grandfather, whom I'm not actually biologically related to, has it really strong too. I see seasons of the year and the months a bit like a treadmill, where they are different coloured sections that come and go. He sees them as a triangle, with winter on one long pointy end. We have a lot of things in common to say that we're not related biologically.

So uh... please don't ask me personally what I think of words or items or some such, because it's just a headache trying to explain a lot of the time. Some things I can only describe with sounds accompanied by gesturing. Bwooing!
Hello! I'm a tired person with a love for
all things creative, animals, pixel art
and aquariums.

(Ask me about making you art!)
fuiuki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deathpiggie » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:26 pm

synesthesia is a soft, pale yellow to me! i have chromesthesia and spatial sequence synesthesia!
deathpiggie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mountain tree » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:34 am

welcome new synthetes!
    I loved reading your posts. It's so cool how different people can have different types of syn, or the same types with different "results"!

CollectorsEdition wrote:I think I MAY have this. If I've been somewhere in the past and return, that has a musty smell to me. Almost all memories and dreams are smells and colors, but I understand what the dreams are. Is that synesthesia? Can someone explain how I would know?

Wow! I've never experienced synesthesia in a dream before. That's really cool!
    I think that if particular memories have particular smells/colors that you always associate with them, then that's probably a mild form of syn. If so, welcome to the family!
    ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
    hi.
    ♀ | isfj | ♊
    sis cous syn fr trade
    seeking store pets & malk smileys
    & wishlist items please c:

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
    “Some believe it is only great power
    that can hold evil in check, but that is
    not what I have found.
    It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk
    that keep the darkness at bay.
    Small acts of kindness and love."

Gandalf the Grey
mountain tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MoMoYA » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:29 am

can I be a mod?
How often are you on this thread? All the time
Do you have synesthesia? Yes
How comfortable are you with the thread rules? Very
Have you ever been a thread or CS mod? No

Haha those are my Synesthetic colors xD I have grapheme color synesthesia <333
。⋆🎀⋆。
🪦🕊️
。⋆🎀⋆。
˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ ˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ ˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ
Art Fight ♡ Thoma irl

MoMoYA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lyssavirus » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:14 pm

I can only see color if a word is spoken at a certain tone! It's often red, blue, or yellow. Really strong feelings will also bring brighter versions of those colors.
lyssavirus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yaeli » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:30 am

Just found this thread! I have synesthesia.
My main one is color-grapheme. Letters, numbers, and symbols each have unique colors.
A more unusual form of synesthesia I have is with music. Different types of chords have different colors when I'm listening to or playing music. Also, when I look at a piano keyboard each of the keys is a different color.

"Is it fun?"
It would be more fun if I could choose/change the colors. For some reason my associations tend toward the brownish or natural colors. I always wonder what a person sees who has bold or neon color associations. Although I kind of like mine because it isn't that distracting since the colors are all mellow and peaceful.
Yaeli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me