The Hyperfixtations Thread

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

vik goes a little silly /pos

Postby mystoxxiide » Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:00 pm

oh boy. i found this thread and immediately knew The Time Had Come and that it was Time to Go Bananas

apology in advance for this probably gonna be long as hell.................

hello! my name is vik and i've had a hyperfixation on bendy and the ink machine for 4 years. i am so obsessed with the silly games and its silly fanbase and the silly au i created in my head that is literally all i think about every day. all i want to write about and draw about is my personifications of the bendy characters and it fuels about 90% of my serotonin. i'm getting excited just thinking about all the ideas i could put down and words i could let out and ramble about.

i think i'll start with my characterisation of audrey, the main character of dark revival - bendy's sequel that came out recently. the pretty ink lady has been on my mind and i just WAGH i need to talk about her and how she integrates into my au, because my au was created and then fleshed out long before we knew much about her or who the game said she was.

uh any necessary lore you'll need to know beforehand to get a better idea of what i'm talking about is [ BATDR SPOILERS AND GENERAL BATIM LORE ]

audrey is the daughter of joey drew, the man who created joey drew studios with henry stein, which was the animation studio that produced bendy cartoons. joey enlisted the help of an engineering business with a shady background, GENT, to build a machine that runs on ink (the ink machine, obviously) to attempt to bring the characters from his cartoons to life (it didn't work - again, obviously. the lore is fuzzy but basically henry, the studio's co-founder, had left previously because he felt like joey was monopolising the characters he had created (as henry was the original creator of bendy and others) and only using them for profit instead of bringing joy to children, yada yada capitalism. SO THEN joey used the ink machine to somehow create a pocket universe he could control. and in that universe he made a fake henry he also created with the machine go through a repeating loop of a bastardised version of the studio where fake/also created versions of their coworkers were ink monsters, culminating with the BBEG being a bastardised caricature of his beloved oc. so in short joey was just RUNNING HIS OLD BESTIE THROUGH LITERAL HELL OVER AND OVER BECAUSE HE WAS PETTY THAT HE DIDNT LIKE BEING OVERWORKED AND WATCHING HIS HOMIE SUCCUMB TO CAPITALISM. this is the plot of the original bendy and the ink machine.

we learned this all in batdr, where long story short, its now 1970-something (the original took place in the 20s-40s) and joey has died. another guy named wilson, who is the son of nathan arch, a colleague of joey's and an investor that purchased the studio after it went bankrupt (implied i think. unsure). i think. there might be minor discrepancies in the way i remember the canon lore because it really barely applies to my au at all. but long story short wilson now has control over the cycle (the pocket universe) and its script so basically he controls the characters inside and what they do. im not gonna include all the batdr lore like why wilson took control and all that because it's not related and it could probably be answered by reading the wiki. basically the ghost of joey drew lives inside the cycle as a sort of "this is how i was remembered so i'm here" entity - EXCEPT what i find is cool is that according to literally any other person that knew him, joey drew was a real piece of work, but the ghost in batdr is supportive, friendly and fatherly, which implies that this character isn't what others viewed of joey, but rather how he views himself through a narcissistic lense, which i think is the most amazing bit of writing. so amazing that i think it wasn't even intended by the writers, unless i'm underestimating them. but the ghost of joey reveals to audrey through a POWERPOINT PRESENTATION LOL the entire paragraph above and confirmed the pocket dimension lore likely as fanservice. THEN he told audrey that joey had been lonely after his studio crumbled so he used the machine to create a child for himself.

and guess who that is?? yep. audrey. so yeah girlie is referred to as "daughter of the ink" and this and that because she really is the daughter of the creator of the cycle. theres some other things ive forgotten like the implication that she doesn't age or ages slowly because she's an ink creature not contained in the cycle. i dont know its not really important heehee

of course this leaves plot holes like how she doesn't remember joey being her father but since she's an ink creature it's likely that he couldve just used the script to alter her memory. or something. unless there's something i'm missing - maybe i'm just silly. but YUEAH basically thats all the backstory u need to know (if you even bothered to read this all AHDKSA). ofc at the end of batdr audrey usurps wilson and takes control of the cycle and yadda yadda. she's now in her dad's place in the way that she can alter the script and it's implied she's running through the cycle and altering it over and over to figure out how to bring the other creatures into the real world and give them human forms like her. (or at least thats my interpretation, i'm really insecure about other bendy fans showing up and being like YOURE WRONG ABOUT THE LORE ITS ACTUALLY THIS THIS AND THIS /hj /lh)

but now thats all written through i can get to the headcanons <333 likely more batdr spoilers so steer clear if thats not ur thing <33

first off is i ABSOLUTELY hc my girl as autistic because 1. i said so and 2. i said so (i am self projecting). she has difficulty communicating with others and being a figure of authority, which directly clashes with her role of controlling the script because angst /pos. she tried to do things the way batdr set it up at the end but it overwhelmed her very quickly so she devised a way to handle it while also being comfortable. she's holed herself up in a pocket between the corrupted studio's dimension and the real world, untouched by the resetting time loops (visually this is represented as an office floating in blank space filled with overflowing script that she pulls around on her desk to scribble on it) and the time passing in the real universe since she can make the entirety of everything only last for a millisecond. after all, she controls everything. years of repeats for the characters go by in the blink of an eye for her. she has spent a short eternity running the cycle over and over, making miniscule changes to the script every time to see if this gets her closer or further from her goal. she has anxiety about Assuming what some creatures want to happen so she’ll just watch what they do and note what changes are made. she’s playing a massive game of trial and error tbh. despite how long she's spent, the progress she's made isn't good enough for her expectations. the characters in the cycle who are aware of her existence view her as an omniscient and to some omnibenevolent god figure.

she is only accompanied by her "brother," the original bendy that joey used as an antagonist in the original batim when he was the world's dungeon master (/lh). bendy didn't feel like being the bad guy anymore, so in his place audrey put joey!bendy, which was a popular headcanon of the fandom back in the day. basically it is what it says, joey is actually the corrupted BBEG bendy we see in the game. she created a young version of her dad to be the villain of the story and appeal to other characters who would have known him in that form. audrey figured this was her dad's fair repentance for being a really bad boss and a meanie and capitalist and petty rofl (plus he's dead irl so how is he gonna stop her >:33 /lh). so now her dead father is running around the universe he originally created, terrorising the inhabitants in a way akin to locking a really angry cat in a room with several other cats, most of which that have anxiety, and a couple more that are just as angry but care about the cats with anxiety.

to be honest audrey is kind of a drama lover as well. while she does genuinely want to help and cares about the people inside her world she’ll also enact rules like “the ink demon doesn’t know i exist and thinks he’s the ruler of the studio and when creatures are near him they also adopt the same idealogies” for the giggies and sillies. she means well but again, she's been doing this for an eternity, so she likes to loosen her own leash on herself once in a while to lift the mood.

i've gotten a bit eepy so i'm going to stop here, but it's only scratching the surface of my interpretation and au of bendy. 4 years of characters and plotlines running around in my head has led to me crafting a full story with intricate details. i will probably be back at this thread before i know it, and probably have to write in font size tiny when i inevitably start posting with a minimum of 2k words /hj.

thanks for making this thread, lemon coyote!! it felt really theurapetic to have a good ramble. have a wonderful day guys!

vik // he/him // gemini // toyhou.se // flight rising // my magnum opus // storkies

league of legends + arcane // bendy and the ink machine // genshin impact // five nights at freddy's
mystoxxiide

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Hyperfixtations Thread

Postby medimedes » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:35 am

Rammu jumpscare hi I am also hyperfixated on bendy along w some other things uwu

Mostly murder drones atm lolz
Hi I'm Thalimule
Im an artist
I enjoy Tf2 greatly!
Those are my Tf2 ocs! Refresh to see a new one :]
2 years on cs!
pm me with a silly photo of your pet and ill try to draw them
medimedes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Serial designation N » Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:10 am

RammuIsWeird wrote:Rammu jumpscare hi I am also hyperfixated on bendy along w some other things uwu

Mostly murder drones atm lolz

Ooh another person hyperfixating on murder drones. I’m starting to annoy people around me since it’s all I think about Lol. ^^’
Very inactive player, I only log in to adopt pets
Serial designation N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby guroboss » Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:18 am

to absolutely no one's surprise... it's vampires again

and vtm specifically again! before, it was specifically bloodlines and now that I have more ttrpg experience, I just bought the source book ao I can learn how to run it! (we're not gonna talk about how much of an impulse purchase it was, but let me just say that I felt like I was possessed for like the past 2 days to do this bc I love the lore/setting so much and also I just got paid, so it doesn't actually feel like spending money yet)

friday. they/she. bi. adult. istp.
⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤ᦸᦸᦸᦸᦸᦸ☎
𝙙𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙨𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙮 𝙢𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙚𝙨? 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩❜𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙫𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚?
playing: bg3 // watching: tokyo ghoul⏤⏤ spotify. toyhouse.

📌naming all my pets!
📌current count:
847!
guroboss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ROX.mp4 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:42 pm

aoskdoakdoaskd I SO need this thread because I only really have my one friend to talk to about all of this and I wanna share it to more people,,,, this is gonna be lengthy so no need to read it all aha, I'm just excited to share cuz im so passionate about this c:

When I was younger I was so hyper fixated on youtubers and gaming, it was one thing I'd talk about constantly. Then the whole trend started with youtubers making 'sonas' and making story's around them. LET ME TELL YOU. I. WAS. HOOKED. I started to write so many stories and fangames about them and honestly, that's led me to my years long hyper fixation on my own characters. I occasionally get hyper fixated on other things but it always leads me back to my oc's. I can't express how giddy I get when I get to explain all the lore and reasons for a characters being. It brings me so much genuine happiness to research and add onto my stories. Nothing else has ever given me such joy.
Of course, I have other smaller hyper fixations that break me away from this from time to time, but this one has had it's clutch on me for so so long and I just wanna share all the stuff I've been able to do because of it.

BASICALLY it's about this city called Sunfell. Long ago within this city before civilization even really began to form, a chip of an asteroid crashed into it, creating a giant divot that slowly filled with water over the years. People sought out the metal under the water and one day, they got their wish. However, it stuck to their skin and they weren't allowed to leave to the surface. He essentially became a god that could rule over nobody. Instead of trying, he decided he would make a new land. This lands name was 'Loct', named after the 'god' that made it. Over the years, more 'gods' were gifted powers from Loct until there were 7 kingdoms with 9 gods to rule over them. There was:
Flamilia, the god of deceit, who ruled over the kindgom Simulea in the mountains.
Asterew, The goddess of lightning, who ruled over the kingdom Cirtia within underground caves.
Elow and Prim, Twin gods of nature who ruled over Geldro, having separate districts to their name. It was placed within the forests.
Delrin, Goddess of the waves who ruled over Purlivia, A beachside city with a underwater city named Alras besides it, both under her rule.
Calidere, the god of embers, assigned a kingdom in the forests named Pythe, known for his strength in numbers
Anemreas, the god of the breeze who's kingdom sits atop a cliffside, looking down on all the other kingdoms below.
And finally, Loct and Mashu, two lovers who ruled over a kingdom they shared called Amellio.

Over the years, these gods became bored and decided to experiment in subtle ways with their people. The most noticeable was the creation of powers, Mortal Borns, and Stalgate. Powers in Loct are used through material goods, for example, to use wind magic you must have gemstones that contain the energy needed to control the wind around you, this energy runs out the more you use it. The only outlier to this rule is Calidere's powers, where you have to get a mark burned into your skin to harness the power of flame.
Mortal borns were another creation, made by both Prim and Elow. They wished to make humans that could turn into animals at will. They succeeded, but it only caused people who were born as Mortal Borns to develop harmful physical traits that shorten their lifespan. For example, Primyew's (think very skinny deer) have very lanky arms and legs, to be born as a Primyew Mortal Born, you're made extremely tall and develop arthritis very early in life. There's a lot more examples but I feel that one sums it up nicely.
Then, there's Stalgate, a powerful metal that can turn a holder manic. Loct and Mashu long ago thought it was a bright idea to let their people take hold of the power that Loct holds, to give them more control over their lives as well as to allow them to harness it's power. It backfired and proved too much for a mortal body to handle, causing a users brain to crumble and make them do thing's they don't want to be doing. This is called Stalgate poisoning. Common symptoms of it include inverted hair color, black veins on face or arms or rare oddities in appearance (far too many freckles, heterochromia and so on.) It can be brought on by either ingesting either food or water that's been contaminated or touching untreated Stalgate with your bare hands.
Though it's negative effects, people still consider it a cultural staple so they treat it and wear it as jewelry to show their appreciation to the gods for what they have.

NOW THAT ALL THAT SET UP IS OUTTA THE WAY I CAN GET INTO THE MAIN SUMMARY OF THE PLOT skadkasdn

The story is set in the early 2000's following a young boy named Sollomon Jade Poleson, an 18 year old student going to Harraway college, their city's main school. He's accompanied by James April Harraway, his best friend since he was little, Ella Marama Scott, a girl Sol has had a slight crush on for years now but remains good friends with, and Chrysanthemum Monroe Webb, the newest addition to their crew as her and her family moved in recently.
I could go more into detail about them, but I'll stick to the basics since this is going on a bunch.
We also have a second group down in Loct that the story follows as well. It follows a 40 year old man called Orchid Kallian, an outlaw who lives his days hiding away in a cottage within the middle of nowhere. He's accompanied by Tulip Kallian, his wife and emotional support, Jasper Helleborus Kallian/North, a gods son that was given to them to take care of, and Ace Kallian, Orchid's older brother who reunites with him further in the story.

The premise is that these two worlds collide, Sol and his group of friends fall down into Loct because of a faulty out of use lift. They get separated into groups because Orchids past comes back to bite him. They all struggle to find their way back home, seeking out Jasper's godly father to aid them. On the way, Sol and his friends learn they're far more connected to the world of Loct that they thought.

That's just my story though, I also use my characters in another thing called AL, which is a joint project with me and my friends characters where both of our stories collide and our characters get to interact with one another, though that's a whole other story.

There's so much more I can go on about but I'll leave it at this for now,,,, thanks for reading :') it makes me so happy whenever anybody reads what I have to say.
TL;DR, funny men and funny women I make in my brain go teehee/hj
I've quit, if you need me im here for art and art only, pm me and I'll try get back to you. Will quit fully once my art cons are done and ive finished with current commissioners
ROX.mp4

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LinxOpossum » Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:20 pm

MY BIGGEST hyperfictation right now is anything dinosaur related.

Fun dino fact: spinosaurus is thought to be partly aquatic making their crest more of a fin.

feel free to pm me if you wanna just chat, I'm down <3
ART SHOP- Toyhouse

Image(art by me)
LinxOpossum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angie1016 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:24 pm

I am getting back into Helluva Boss after like a year because of youtube recommending it again. Knowing I gotta wait for the summer for new episodes just make me so excited. At least i know im guaranteed for it to be continued unlike Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles which breaks my soul.
Had account since 2020 but was busy and forgot lmao plz don’t be rude bc I still don’t understand some things when trading 😭😭

Also PrincessLunaFTW is my sis so I might gift her often! Plz don't ban!
Angie1016

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ruin » Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:19 pm

hyperfixating extremely hard on Sonic atm.

And forever hyperfixated on Bendy.
ruin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Banditø » Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:22 am

Hyperfixating on Leo right now... probably forever- I also am hyperfixating on basketball and Horse riding.

Hello!
My current interests are music, video games, Nissan cars, motorcycles, Twenty Øne Piløts, and archery! Please DM me if you want to talk about any of these <3

AUGUST 18TH - |-/
Banditø

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fr0ggi3 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:44 pm

Ive been fixated on moths for like 3 years now and going strong. Personally may favourite is an atlas moth. They are so fricken cool and they have so many cool facts about them, they actually don't have mouths or digestive systems meaning they only live for about a week before passing, the energy they use in that week to live is all from energy they stored as a caterpillar. They are one of the largest moths in the world (THE largest is the White witch moth) with a wing span of up to 14 inches. I got to see one in person a couple years agouti it was so cool! My second favourite moth is probably the luna moth. Luna moths (scientific name is Actius Luna) are also really big and often mistaken for butterflies because of their colourful wings, but NOPE! they are still moths! similar to atlas moths they don't live for very long due to their lack of digestive system. I don't know if there is a limit on posts so im going to stop now but a list of my other cool moths includes but is not limited to; Venezuelan poodle moth, cecropia moth, rosy maple moth, madagascan moon moth, madagascan sunset moth, death head hawk moth, diva moth, comet moths, large agarista moth, and basket moth. :D
Fr0ggi3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me