Calling All Musicians!

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

Calling All Musicians!

Postby Mellophone » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:35 pm

Hello everyone. There are hundreds of people on CS, some of you have to be musicians, right? Here's a place where we can chat.

Feel free to ask for advice about every and anything here.

Want to get further involved in the CS musician community?
Fantasia Symphony Orchestra
Congratulations! You, an aspiring young musician, have just gotten a place in the renown Fantasia Symphony Orchestra! (False orchestra in real life, just in the rp.) Are you ready for the hectic life of rehearsals and performances? Can you handle it?
(Allegro123 - I hope you don't mind me posting the description here. I can take it down, if necessary)

The NEW Musician's Club!
Do you play an instrument, sing, or do anything else musically?
Need a place where you can chat about all the music thats happening in your life?
(Blue_dun - again, hope you don't mind me using this description. Can remove if necessary.)
Last edited by Mellophone on Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
“Floating, falling, sweet intoxication. Touch me, trust me, savor each sensation. Let the dream begin, let your darker side give in to the power of the music of the night.”

ImageImageImage

“If I am the phantom, it is because man's hatred has made me so. If I am to be saved it is because your love redeems me.”

- Ph.O.

Tell a joke, get a prize!
Mellophone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Calling All Musicians!

Postby EarthStar » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:38 pm

Don't be lonely!i play an instrument and sing and LOVE music! my friends do to, just they don't explore the forums much. :roll: i don't play a brass.......wish i could help you out......
M e r r y C h r i s t m a s ~ ♥
ImageImageImage
::Christmas Art Shop::
::Fursona::
::Characters::
::Equine Characters::
::What do you <3 ?::
EarthStar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadow » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:52 pm

I don't know how to double tounge on brass instruments (on the other hand, I do play flute/piccolo :)), but a video like this one might be able to help you learn how to double tounge on a brass instrument: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i7jJ_7Xln0 (I'm not sure what instrument you play, as you didn't say in your first post.)
Quantum

"Life
is a great big canvas,
and you should throw
all the paint on it you can."
-Danny Kaye
Shadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nyhne » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:41 pm

Ahh, can't help you on your tongue issue, I'm a cello player(and a pianist), so I stick more with the orchestral news. ;)

I personally have a huge issue with vibrato...it probably has to do with the fact that I never practice...:lol: Bad, bad, I know, but...urgh.
formally user asiandragon; you can call me Roshon!
no pronouns preferred (they/them accepted) | adult | queer | tumblr
I haven’t been on CS in 10 years; lots of pets from 2010/2011, let’s trade!
Nyhne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swiftnose » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:05 pm

I play clarinet!
But sorry, idk how to double tongue.
Swiftnose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blue_dun » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:33 pm

Swiftnose wrote:I play clarinet!

OMG I play clarinet too!!! First chair, and I'm always one of the first in my class picked to go to honor bands and stuff. If only my class were better behaved... I play piano also. And I sing. Musics my life man.
Idk how to double tongue but I might ask my friend James, who plays trumpet, or my band teacher, a really good trombonist... Maybe I'll get back to you on this one.
Hey guys. some of you may know me as blue_dun or +Master Quatre. Long story short, I've grown up and moved on--I'm in college now, seven years after making this account!!--but if you want to talk, for nostalgia's sake or just interest, shoot me a PM or find me at tumblr (I'm a kpop blog, just FYI) bluedun96@gmail.com / bryroleplayer96@gmail.com
blue_dun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .:♥Pandora♥:. » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:32 pm

I play oboe... I hope you all know what an oboe is??
Boys are about as useless as slinkies, but you can't help but to smile when they flop down the stairs :)
*Don't PM me unless it's a trade offer or something about one of my RPs.
.:♥Pandora♥:.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swiftnose » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:06 am

blue_dun wrote:
Swiftnose wrote:I play clarinet!

OMG I play clarinet too!!! First chair, and I'm always one of the first in my class picked to go to honor bands and stuff. If only my class were better behaved... I play piano also. And I sing. Musics my life man.
Idk how to double tongue but I might ask my friend James, who plays trumpet, or my band teacher, a really good trombonist... Maybe I'll get back to you on this one.
i wish i was first chair D=
my friend is really good. she always gets first clarinet which is harder. I get stuck with a 2nd piece xP
Swiftnose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EarthStar » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:55 am

I'm automatically first tenor saxophone sense we only have one tenor at our school. XD Blue Dun: my friend is first clarinet and well behaved and.....wow, you two sound exactly alike!
M e r r y C h r i s t m a s ~ ♥
ImageImageImage
::Christmas Art Shop::
::Fursona::
::Characters::
::Equine Characters::
::What do you <3 ?::
EarthStar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dancer001 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:14 am

I play violin. Does anyone have any suggestions on vibrato? I don't know if I spelled that right or not.
Please check out my wishlist in the archive!

95 percent of teens would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers at the top of a skyscraper about to jump. Copy and paste this if you are one of the 5 percent who would sit there with popcorn and a camera and yell "DO A FLIP!"

99.9% of teenagers would go insane if Edward, Bella and Jacob died. If you are the 0.1% who would be screaming "FINALLY!" at the top of your lungs, put this in your signature.

90% of the teens today would die if myspace had an error and closed. If you're one of the 10% who would be laughing, copy and paste this into your sig.
dancer001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me