When did CS start

For topics which don't fit anywhere else! Discuss the weather, your mood, hobbies and interests. Remember, keep it child-friendly :)

When did CS start

Postby ~Arerona~ » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:07 pm

I'm not sure which forum this belongs in or if it belongs in any, I'm sorry if I put it in the wrong one.

But when did CS begin?
~Arerona~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: When did CS start

Postby Crippling Machine » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:23 pm

I believe it was April of 2008. I could be wrong though, since I wasn't here at the time.
Crippling Machine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Arerona~ » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:25 pm

Thanks for the input, I know the wishlist goes back to july of 08 but I didn't know if there was anything before that
~Arerona~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crippling Machine » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:39 pm

There was, but I think the art changed slightly or something like that. Some of the dogs released in the advent of 08, such as the black advent dog, were the ones released before July. :)
Crippling Machine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Araviir » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:53 pm

I believe site registration first opened in July 08 and that's why the wishlist only goes back that far ;3 because you can't obtain pets who's original release date was before that.
Back on CS after a long absence, tons of pre-2012 rares for trade! looking to fill out my collection from the years I've been gone! Check my trade rules for current most-wanteds!
(also trading pets for Flight Rising treasure + gems!!)
Araviir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bluish » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:57 pm

Yes, I believe so.
But there was also a site before chicken smoothie, SWK, which used the same dog lineart. It was started sometime during 2006, I think. The pets were adoptable [and some lucky people even have the codes] but as for the real Chicken Smoothie, it started in July '08.
~ and I will take what is mine, with fire and blood ~
Bluish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:45 pm

I think CS started around April 2008, but it was called Silent Wolf Kennelz (SWK) for the first month or two because it was a different website back then (a fan site for the Ubi Soft/P.F. Magic 'Petz' game series). I was hosting it on the chickensmoothie.com domain name even when it was called SWK because 'chickensmoothie' used to be my username, and after a while I just named the site after the domain so I could get rid of the SWK title (it embarrassed me) this is why the site's name has nothing to do with the content

For the first couple of months there was no unique pet codes assigned to pets you adopted, so it was impossible to prove ownership of any pet. We added unique adoption codes in July, and some of those pets were later added to accounts when we introduced the account system sometime later (I don't remember when that was, I guess maybe August or September)

SWK itself probably started in around 2003/2004 I think... but it was a very small website with only a few regular visitors and has nothing to do with the current site (apart from the brief period that the two websites were connected). SWK went extinct when I decided to specialize only in adoptables, probably about 6 or 7 months after CS started. CS was like a parasite on SWK, slowly growing until it took over completely :lol:
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 13thMuse » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:34 am

I find it interesting that that isn't somewhere on CS. I mean this is the history of the epic site! But I had no idea this was a tottally different site before, minus the domain. Do you have any screen shots of it by any chance Tess? :)
I am an old player trying to make a comeback here. If you see me around, please feel free to send a trade as I have many early game pets up for grabs, and many more common wanted pets from times I've missed.
13thMuse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Arerona~ » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:16 am

Wow, I didn’t know that it went back that far.
~Arerona~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SpaceSpectre » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:22 am

Wow, I wasn't even aware of CS's history, or that it went back so far. I used to love the "Petz" games ^_^
SpaceSpectre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me