Snakes

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Snakes

Postby Hellagia » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:58 am

User: Odhran the Veridion (AKA WhiteKatsu/Castor)
Why you want to join: SNAKES!!! AAAGHLGLE! *happy fangirl moment*
Do you have a snake: Yes! Two. Carmi the (anery?) cornsnake and Gucci the very scardy ball python
Password:Sliver

SNAKES SNAKES SNAKES SNAKES SNAKES SNAKES SNAKES SNAKES *runs around in circles* FINALLY!

So sorry for capslock abuse, it just excites me so much that there's a thread for snake LOVERS! I live in an area filled with snake haters, I rarely meet any snake fans that I will literally spazzout with joy.

I have two snakes, both rather young. The first is Gucci my ball python. I named her that because she's always getting into pretty designs. Examples:
She's currently unhappy because she got some "blister disease" because I splashed water when filling her bowl before leaving for a short while and she got moisture in her scales. T_T She's got a followup appointment with a snake vet this friday because she's not eating and I'm getting worried about that. But I'm confident the vet can help her, he already helped her a lot the last time I took her and he told me how to fix what I was doing wrong.

My second is Carmi the (Anery?) cornsnake. I chose the name Carmi because I wasn't sure on her gender at first and Carmi is technically a male name, but can also be a nickname for Carmen, a woman's name. The story on Carmi is that a young man got a cornsnake... That he didn't want anymore. Probably because his mom wasn't too happy so she requested it be kept in the shed. Poor Carmi! Thankfully the shed was air-conditioned/heated so she wasn't too bad off, just lonely. So the mom approached me and went "You like snakes, right?" (She should know, I always wear snake shirts when not at work XD) So the monday before christmas, I went by her house and picked up the beauty that is Carmi!

And being a snake lover, I naturally have lots of snake related characters. XD; Last I recall, the number of snake related characters was 26. Odhran, my icon, is a naga, based on FF7's Midgar Zolom.

Uhm... Sorry. I'll stop rambling now. XD;
Last edited by Hellagia on Mon November 9, 66174026 BCE 12:01 AM, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Look, a shooting star! Make a wish. Wait, why is it getting bigger.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hellagia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Masquerade » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:06 am

Lol Accepted. ^-^
hello!! i am retired, but feel free to message me if you ever need some help <3
Helpful links for New Members!
Adopt a Newbie - Newbie Guide & Index - Help Tickets - GHAA: Free Pets for Newbies
Lady Masquerade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby texaco » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:09 am

I wish I could get a snake D: But my mom hates all reptiles, and I think she has a legit phobia of snakes. It's most definitely an irrational fear. We saw a dead one on our walk and she could barely get past it without going off the path entirely.
CACTUS // LEO // ISTP // THEY/THEM
I AM OFTEN SEIZED BY THE FATAL AMERICAN NEED TO HAVE A PRETTY GOOD TIME.
texaco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Masquerade » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:10 am

Silverfang wrote:I wish I could get a snake D: But my mom hates all reptiles, and I think she has a legit phobia of snakes. It's most definitely an irrational fear. We saw a dead one on our walk and she could barely get past it without going off the path entirely.

I know how that is. My mom hates them.
Adopt a Newbie - Newbie Guide & Index - Help Tickets - GHAA: Free Pets for Newbies
Lady Masquerade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hellagia » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:19 am

Awww.... My mom likes them because I do, though she wasn't afraid of them. My grandparents are starting to hate them less, or at least voice their dislike a lot less, knowing my "babies" are snakes themselves. My manager and friend is getting a bit less freaked out too. Because the last time I went to the vet, I stopped by my workplace to doublecheck the schedule and told her they were in my car and she went "EEEW...I gotta see them!" XD She kinda shuddered a little, but considering the fact that when I first said I got snakes (back when I got Gucci last spring), she said I wasn't allowed to bring them anywhere near her. XD So she's making slow progress.
Last edited by Hellagia on Mon November 9, 66174026 BCE 12:01 AM, edited 0 times in total.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hellagia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Masquerade » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:44 am

Odhran the Veridion wrote:Awww.... My mom likes them because I do, though she wasn't afraid of them. My grandparents are starting to hate them less, or at least voice their dislike a lot less, knowing my "babies" are snakes themselves. My manager and friend is getting a bit less freaked out too. Because the last time I went to the vet, I stopped by my workplace to doublecheck the schedule and told her they were in my car and she went "EEEW...I gotta see them!" XD She kinda shuddered a little, but considering the fact that when I first said I got snakes (back when I got Gucci last spring), she said I wasn't allowed to bring them anywhere near her. XD So she's making slow progress.

Lol, that's good. If anyone said they had snakes in their car, I'd already be in the back seat looking for them.
Lady Masquerade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Placebo » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:28 pm

Ooooo, your Gucci is a beautiful example of a reduced pattern normal. Those are my favourites. :3 I have a male named Panther that looks kind of like her, but he's very very orange. I'll post a picture if I can. :D

I welcome all trades.

I am an avid gift bomber!
People gifted: 457
The Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Placebo » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:41 pm

Panther on his perch. He sits like this on the edge of his water bowl always. Like he's watching over his domain. Or so he can get a good look at the lady next door to him...XD
Attachments
IMG00530-20110712-1856.jpg
IMG00530-20110712-1856.jpg (42.26 KiB) Viewed 44 times

I welcome all trades.

The Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hellagia » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:25 am

Oooo! Panther is handsome! :D

ETA more pictures of Gucci. These are from when I was trying to capture her rainbow-like sheen. (My ultimate snake love is the brazillian rainbow boa. Gucci was near a shed when I got her so when she shed and I saw her sheen, I was elated. X3 She's so pretty when she just sheds.)

(Posting as links as the pictures would be too spammeriffic.)
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Hellagia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Placebo » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:52 pm

Aww, man. She's absolutely beautiful. Nice catch! Ahh, Brazilian Rainbow Boa's are neat things. I like the hypo version of them. :D My dreamie snake is a tie between a white phase tiger reticulated python, or a diamond carpet python. Mmmmmm... I need to win the lottery. XD

I welcome all trades.

The Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me