LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat!

Postby Baby bunnies! » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:56 pm

lio. wrote:Hi, I'm glad I found this.
I had had rabbits my entire life, but sadly no more. I need help for my friend whose rabbits are going crazy. They are brothers, six years old and indoor rabbits. They have lived together their whole life and there had never been any problems. Six weeks ago, they started fighting. Not just playing, they really bit each other and were both hurt several times. We have no idea why they are doing this and we thought they'd stop, but it's six weeks now and we still can't put them together without a fight breaking out. We tried to get them together in the garden - fighting. Medicine doesn't help at all. We don't know what to do anymore. They've been good friends their entire life.

They are probably starting to feel like each other are invading on their territory. Rabbits go through a lot of temperamental changes in their life. They can completely change from sweet to aggressive, aggressive to sweet, territorial to non territorial, etc... The easiest and best solution is to separate them from each other. This way, there is no 'bloodloss'. You could still allow them to view each other, but still be separated.
Status/sayings: Life being consumed by rabbits and dancing.
Hi I am Baby bunnies! but you can call me BB
I love to do art. Before December 2014 all art that I did was with a mouse. I now work with a Bamboo tablet. Also please note that I expect something in return for customs, I put time into every piece.
I own rabbits! I love to show my rabbits and and have gotten many first place ribbons, a lot of Best of Breed, Best Opposite Breed, Best of Variety, & Best Opposite Variety awards. My rabbits have also gotten Reserve in Show and Best 6 class. I, personally, have gotten Reserve Champion and Grand Champion awards. I take part in Rabbit Royalty! If you have any questions about Rabbits then please ask and I shall answer as best that I can.
Info on how to properly raise rabbits and show them. Rabbit Blog
Rabbit Q&A ~ Baby bunnies! and teresa8oats

Image Image Image
Baby bunnies!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Forever Insane » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:01 pm

I have a question concerning broken Holland lops, how much of the rabbit needs to be colored and how much has to be white, also can the eyes be blue? or do they have to be brown? What about toenails? Is it a good idea to breed a solid and a broken rabbit?

◤--------------------------------------------------------◥
"There are people out there who are ghosts,
no not THAT type of ghost, I mean people
who talk less than most and think a great
deal more. They are the ones who stay
silent and quiet no matter what, they hide
their emotions and wait, for what you might
ask, perhaps revenge, perhaps some secret
that we're too daft to realize."

◣--------------------------------------------------------◢

Threat of Shadow [Medieval RP]

Made by Synx
Forever Insane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keletheryl » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:52 pm

My friend got another rabbit, she thinks she's young because she's acting out (purposely chewing things, doing things shes not supposed to, just being a little brat in general lol), and she's not used to it and doesn't know how to react.
Also, she has an older bunny that she was trying to get them to like each other but whenever the younger rabbit is around the older one, she will just pee everywhere to try to claim her territory or something. And they fight a lot. She's had to separate them now.
Is there any advice you can give her? About her misbehaving rabbit (a netherland dwarf) and about her older bunny not getting along?

╭━━━━━━━━╮
• Stamps •

╰━━━━━━━━╯
╭━━━━━━━━╮
• Credit •
NebulaWolf
╰━━━━━━━━╯
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
• Bio •
Hello! My name is Keletheryl. I love
all things fantasy or mythological. I
live in Canada, BC! I am an animal
lover and own lots of pets! See you
around!

╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯

Keletheryl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sleipnir » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:20 am

Forever Insane wrote:I have a question concerning broken Holland lops, how much of the rabbit needs to be colored and how much has to be white, also can the eyes be blue? or do they have to be brown? What about toenails? Is it a good idea to breed a solid and a broken rabbit?

Sadly I can't help Captain Marvel... But this I CAN do!

On all brokens the standard says at least 10% color and no more than 50%. You have to eyeball it and look at other rabbits I think, but the rabbit has to have some sort of color on the nose.

Blue eyes are a DQ in every color except BEWs, and I would not suggest breeding blue or marbled eyes into anything... It is UNBELIEVABLY hard to get rid of! I had it in the dwarf hotots and had so many with weird eyes I gave up(one had GREEN eyes!).

Toenails do not have to be colored on a broken since the feet might be white.

As for breeding, I own an entire barn of broken rabbits xD here we go: Every rabbit has two genes that reflect either solid or broken. If a rabbit has two broken genes it's called a [img=http://www.thenaturetrail.com/photogallery/2011/06/champion-may2.jpg]Charlie[/img] and is almost 100% white. One broken gene gives you [img=http://www.stylesrabbits.com/ESW/Images/broken_black_doe.jpg]this,[/img] a Showable broken. A solid rabbit has neither gene so when they are bred, they will never throw brokens unless you breed them to a broken. Then you will get about half solid and half broken. No Charlies.

So in short, yeah, you can breed brokens to solids :) but always remember color is important too! Hollands are a colorful breed!

In other news... I'M AT ARBA NATIONALS!!!! So many bunnies!
Sleipnir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Forever Insane » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:21 am

ok thanks!!

◤--------------------------------------------------------◥
"There are people out there who are ghosts,
no not THAT type of ghost, I mean people
who talk less than most and think a great
deal more. They are the ones who stay
silent and quiet no matter what, they hide
their emotions and wait, for what you might
ask, perhaps revenge, perhaps some secret
that we're too daft to realize."

Threat of Shadow [Medieval RP]

Made by Synx
Forever Insane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spiderfish » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:16 am

Just been kicked in the face by a giant rabbit. Luckily, hasn't left scratch marks, but damn it hurt.
How she missed my piercings, I don't know.

Anyway, can anyone give me any info on Mini Rex's?

I lost my nethie dwarf last week, which leaves me with cage space. Seen an ad for some stunning Mini rex's, but don't know anything about them. Not a fan of the shape of standard rex's, so never really looked into any rex before.

Not even sure if I want to add another rabbit yet, might get something else. And not even sure if I'd be able to get one of thoe mini's anyway, as we've never heard of the town where they're at.
Will probably contact them at the end of the week if I do decide on one.
-wip-
-wip-
-wip-
spiderfish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sleipnir » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:49 am

^^^Well... I know they have delicate feet and get sore hocks easily. No guard hair means no matting, and that wide and /agouti color looks weird on them, and that in grooming you use a funny little block thing to groom them.
Sleipnir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thunderofthedrum » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:44 am

I can't really speak on the breed as a whole, but I've had my mini rex for over six years and adore her.
People marvel at her soft coat, she has a big personality, she's crazy for food, and I haven't had any health problems with her.
thunderofthedrum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keletheryl » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:16 am

CaptainMarvel wrote:
My friend got another rabbit, she thinks she's young because she's acting out (purposely chewing things, doing things shes not supposed to, just being a little brat in general lol), and she's not used to it and doesn't know how to react.
Also, she has an older bunny that she was trying to get them to like each other but whenever the younger rabbit is around the older one, she will just pee everywhere to try to claim her territory or something. And they fight a lot. She's had to separate them now.
Is there any advice you can give her? About her misbehaving rabbit (a netherland dwarf) and about her older bunny not getting along?

╭━━━━━━━━╮
• Stamps •

╰━━━━━━━━╯
╭━━━━━━━━╮
• Credit •
NebulaWolf
╰━━━━━━━━╯
╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
• Bio •
Hello! My name is Keletheryl. I love
all things fantasy or mythological. I
live in Canada, BC! I am an animal
lover and own lots of pets! See you
around!

╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯

Keletheryl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daisywolf14 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:00 am

CaptainMarvel wrote:
CaptainMarvel wrote:

Just hold her and give her lots of love but at the same time respect her space and leave her alone half the time, if she nips give her a flick on the forehead and DO NOT let her get away with biteing.
As for makeing her friends with the older rabbit, put them in a room (bathroom is the best choice) and let them exploe and meet each other, nipping and chasing is completly normal so don't interfere.
It takes time with both these things but within a year everything should be dandy!
"I love rabbits, cavies, goats, horses, steer, swine, poultry, dogs and cats"

Daisywolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me