People who like dogs more than cats, why?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

People who like dogs more than cats, why?

Postby idkagoodusername » Sat May 28, 2022 1:27 am

I personally, like cats more than dogs and I’m just curious about what other people think :)
idkagoodusername

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: People who like dogs more than cats, why?

Postby vent'anni » Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:01 am

I like cats more than dogs, too! I honestly have no reason why, I'm just a cat person! :3
Image Image
╔⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╗
flooxii - she/they - I adore ducks
★★★★★★★★★★★
ducks and måneskin are my
reasons for living
╚⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╝
vent'anni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dawgs4Life11 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:11 am

Well I'm a bit dog person because:

- Dogs have big personalities and can properly play with you
- You can take dogs on walks
- I might be allergic to cats
- I've never had a cat but I want one
- Dog breeds are cooler and more diverse than cat breeds
Dawgs4Life11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wimpod » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:36 pm

dog person here!

- biased because i've had a dog for 13 years
- i'm allergic to cats
- they have really different body language compared to dogs. i can really easily tell what my dog thinks or wants based on how she carries herself. i have a hard time doing that with cats
- cats casually slide their claws out idk if theyre stretching their finger muscles or what ! but me and cat claws do not get along
wimpod

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Omiyage » Sun Aug 07, 2022 5:18 pm

Hullo, I like both cats and dogs but if I had to choose only one, it'd be dogs.
I will be generalizing in my post, I know not all dogs or cats are like this, but it has been my experience:

-Dogs can be bigger, which I actually prefer. I have anxiety about smushing smol animals.

-Dogs are always next to you ready to party like anytime. Lol, as long as you're excited, they're excited.
I like that dogs are usually at your heels or nearby and they're always very happy to see you.

-Cats have different behavior.
Not worse, just different.
They enjoy perching on high places, bask in sun.
Sleep a lot in the day.
Awake at early morning, late night.
That's cool and all but dogs will follow a human routine much easier sleep wise. Plus they are not usually climbing to extremely high vantage points.

-Many people who aren't cat people don't seem to realize that cats are easy to read once you get to know them. Ears going back, butt wiggle, tail flicks, etc. Cats will let you know very obviously when they dislike something. But most people are not aware of this.
Turning their back to you, showing their tummy (but not rub usually), slow blinking at you, kneading. It's all cute and if you know cats well they are just as loving as dogs but they're not usually the same silly vibe like OMGHIWOWEXCITED as dogs are and I like being able to continously pet a dog. Dog wants more pats!
Cats are often like.. 'Yeah, no. Half a pet was enough, thank you.' :)

-Dogs have owners and cats have butlers.
While you can walk and train cats quite well, it will never be as easy or routine as a dog.
I like going for walks accompanied by my furry companion, and training a dog, or even a pig, is way easier than training a cat (usually.)
With cats even if you find their favorite food ever it might not be enough of a motivation.

-Dogs don't randomly push items off tables in curiosity/sometimes just outright mischief. :twisted:
Cats will look at you while doing said action, and flick their tail with satisfaction afterwards.

-While there are rare exceptions in the cat world, many dogs usually love to swim. Big plus.

-It's not important for me but I'll also add this: dogs do better with strangers, overall. Especially children.
Many people who aren't cat people had a bad experience when they were young with a cat that wasn't introduced properly to them. What I mean is, there was no warning or advice on how to approach the cat. They probably grabbed the cat's tail or got in its face, maybe they bothered it, and got scratched, slapped, or hissed at. It creates a lifelong aversion, which kinda sucks. :/
This rarely happens with dogs that interact with children that I've seen. (Well.. Except those tiny angry dogs.. Why are the tiny dogs the angriest? :lol:)

Edit, forgot to also include, playtime with dogs is less painful in my experiences. They don't scratch nearly as much as cats do. Dogs are mouthy but it's extremely easy to teach them to be gentle in play. Might get the accidental scratch from a dog jumping or something but cats have drawn blood numerous times and they were just being playful. They just latch into you lol.

That was a really long post.. Sorry.
Cats have many upsides too, but you asked why I prefer dogs so that is for another time XD
Random music I change every few days: 🎵This for you, Clapwagon🎶
Icon CreditGreyscale CollectionSouvenirs
Thank you to those who have so kindly gifted/traded me. ^^
Imageお土産Image
Omiyage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ichiban Kasuga » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:40 am

I like both! I just prefer dogs because I feel like they have more... personality??? than cats? Also my dog makes me have to leave the house more to walk him and take him out for the day(which you can't do with a cat as well, I find even though it's a slight bit more of an inconvenience going on vacation with my dog has been so much nicer than going on holiday without a pet like we did before we had him)

It's not to say cats have no personality though! They're still such little sweethearts!
Gospel | She/Her | I'm your local Bisexual Yakuza fan
Gimme ur FR currency for my pets!

Ichiban Kasuga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snubmoth » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:46 am

dogs are my favourite animal, and my beaglier is my favourite thing in the world ^_^’ so i’m biased but...

there’s only one cat that’s ever liked me, a cat belonging to my big bros neighbours. real cuddly, but i don’t see it very often. otherwise, cats and i don’t really “mesh” y’know? my energy doesn’t really match that of a cat, i like to be very snuggly and playful and all over my dog. constant affection and attention. if i acted the same way to a cat i would be scratched for sure (i know this from experience). i love the way a dogs eyes light up with walks or food or play, and due to having poor mental health that typical “unconditional love” one gets from a dog really helps me through the day. cats love their owners to bits, i’m sure, but it’s a different kind of love, which is fine, just not for me <:-)
Image Image

Image Image
Image Image
snubmoth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby heathersmoo » Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:24 pm

Because I prefer to be worshipped than do the worshipping.
I COLLECT KEYCHAINS! Шлите мне брелки!

heathersmoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snakesinspace » Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:28 pm

The connections I form with dogs are just different. Cats are cute, I love my cats, but I don't have the same relationship with them as I do with my dogs. With the dogs, it's like we're mutually dedicated to each other completely, forever. With the cats, it's like we're roomates and they never pay rent lol
Follow my DeviantArt
Here
snakesinspace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me