Dog Owner Chat v4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat v4

Postby Faybell » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:51 am

She's barely a medium dog. She's 6 months old and around 16-18 pounds (might be around 30 fully grown). She's lean, not really skinny or chubby. She's a dachshund mix, we think she might have some kind of hunting breed in her. Someone mentioned basset because of her feet but she definitely has something else in her if so because she's way leaner than a typical dachsund or basset.. and maybe too tall to be part beagle like the shelter guy told us? She's the size of an adult beagle if not a tid bit taller; my grandpa had a couple beagles when i was younger he used for hunting rabbits.

I'll increase her from 1 1/2 to 2 cups and see how that goes.

The picture below is from a month ago but it's hard to take a picture of her standing from the side.
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:10 am

RWBY; the only thing dachshund in her i could possible see now is maybe her muzzle. can’t really tell if she’s a long body with the angle of the picture. definitely don’t see basset anymore because she’s growing into her feet and she isn’t thick boned at all. Could be a beagle/rat terrier. honestly her head throws off any breed i can think of xD

on the food, what are you feeding? also how active are you with her due to the fact that food sometimes need to be increased based on the lifestyle of the dog. a good active dog will probably need more food than the amount on the bag.
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skysong » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:42 am

Can I get a quick opinion on Rachael Ray food before I buy a $40 40 pound bag of food?

I've got the chicken and rice bag in my cart now.

The ingredients don't seem all that bad to me, butter than Purina, honestly.
Skysong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:47 am

Skysong wrote:Can I get a quick opinion on Rachael Ray food before I buy a $40 40 pound bag of food?

i dont know this dog food ^//^
on the first look it seems not bad on amazon, the reviw on it too seem good,sure it has whole corn in it, and we dont feed corn as we try to feed grain free, but why not try it when you like it.
hope other can help you more :)
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faybell » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:49 am

eleutheromania wrote:RWBY; the only thing dachshund in her i could possible see now is maybe her muzzle. can’t really tell if she’s a long body with the angle of the picture. definitely don’t see basset anymore because she’s growing into her feet and she isn’t thick boned at all. Could be a beagle/rat terrier. honestly her head throws off any breed i can think of xD

on the food, what are you feeding? also how active are you with her due to the fact that food sometimes need to be increased based on the lifestyle of the dog. a good active dog will probably need more food than the amount on the bag.

I tried taking a better picture of her standing but her stay doesn't compute to standing yet, she just sits/lays down when I tell her to stay... and just snapping ends up a blurry mess. :"D
I compiled all the photos I have of her in a album on imgur though
https://m.imgur.com/a/jqnas

She's not super active. I mean I play with her inside practically all day by trick training, fetch, and tug of war; usually 30 minute session wears her out for an hour. Her walking loose leash isn't great yet so I don't spend more than an hour a day walking her outside. So she is active but it's not the level of say .middy's dog Kes from this club gets.

Edit: Oh and science diet. It's what the shelter had her on. I've only had her a month. I don't mind switching it to something better as long as it isn't more than 40 a month once the bag I currently have starts to get close to finishing.
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:37 am

Skysong wrote:Can I get a quick opinion on Rachael Ray food before I buy a $40 40 pound bag of food?

It depends what variety of each you're comparing. https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/brand/ Personally I wouldn't feed either brand though.
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ru. » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:49 am

Late to the party but it depends on what you like to feed your dog, really. If you usually prefer high-end grain free brand or raw, then it probably isn't good. But to me it's a decent mid-grade food. It has better ingredients than standard supermarket dog foods like Purina/Pedigree and even Beniful for sure.

About 4 months ago I switched Edgar to the Rachael Ray line and he's been doing great on it. His coat is healthy, he hasn't been so itchy/hasn't had skin issues, and he actually eats it which is a big deal because he's picky with kibble. He gets bored of a certain food after a month or so, soI alternate between the Just 6 line, the Zero Grain line, and the Nutrish line.

RWBY Rose wrote:I tried taking a better picture of her standing but her stay doesn't compute to standing yet, she just sits/lays down when I tell her to stay... and just snapping ends up a blurry mess. :"D
I compiled all the photos I have of her in a album on imgur though
https://m.imgur.com/a/jqnas

She's not super active. I mean I play with her inside practically all day by trick training, fetch, and tug of war; usually 30 minute session wears her out for an hour. Her walking loose leash isn't great yet so I don't spend more than an hour a day walking her outside. So she is active but it's not the level of say .middy's dog Kes from this club gets.

Edit: Oh and science diet. It's what the shelter had her on. I've only had her a month. I don't mind switching it to something better as long as it isn't more than 40 a month once the bag I currently have starts to get close to finishing.

Since she's still a growing puppy, the food increase will probably be okay. Just keep an eye on her and if you notice her starting to get chunky then cut back on her food again. :)

By the way! She's adorable! My dad had beagles growing up, and it's hard to say if I think she has any Beagle in her. It almost looks like her ears were trying to stand up for bit?
How tall is she at the shoulder, do you know?

To me, her face looks almost (Smooth) Fox Terrier-ish! I could see Daschund too, but it's hard to say for sure. Since you see her in person every day, could you see Fox Terrier?

Maybe a little bit of Min-Pin in the eyes? If her ears are trying to stand up? I definitely see small breed in her eye shape/size.
| INFJ | Capricorn | Blood Type B | Coyote Dæmon | Neutral Good | Creative Type |
ru.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faybell » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:08 am

Thank you, she is super precious when she isn't being a hyper mess! <3

Her ears are floppy. If she looks up they point up but when she looks straight they are folded. She's still a puppy so maybe they will eventually go up? She's a smidge under 12 inches from the shoulders. I put a 9 x 12 blank canvas up next to her since I couldn't find my ruler. She's around 6 months so she might grow a bit more?

Her snout is a tid bit shorter than a typical dachsund and the fox terrier's snout looks longer than a dachshunds? I don't know anyone with a fox terrier so I'm only going off the pictures you have shown me.

Maybe after the holidays I'll splurge on a DNA kit. I'm a bit curious to find out for sure. :"D

She might be half something that typically get their tails docked, we didn't dock her tail. I doubt whoever had her before did it for medical reasons since their reasoning for giving her up was they couldn't afford her.
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:56 am

Thanks guys! Yeah it took Kes awhile to be trustworthy around the small animals lol. She's got some serious prey drive in her, but after a ton of work, I now trust her around my small animals. She just wants to lick them lol. Now wild rabbits and rats are still fair game lol. She's a pretty good hunter!

And yes the rats are a ton of fun. I love having them! Mine are all well bred minus 5 of them, and they are basically mini dogs lol. Even four of my crappy bred ones are the same since I had to hand raise them. Just have one rescue that's a grump and doesn't really enjoy my company. Not aggressive or anything just not super interested in me beyond treats
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Faybell » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:11 pm

Oh I know, I did my research on them and found out about their mini dogness lol. I'll probably eventually get a pair of female rats from a different state... when Aika is older. She's enough work by herself. I can already tell I'm going to have to watch her if she's ever around them. She loves going after bugs, she almost chomped a moth or butterfly just the other day. :"D
Faybell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me