Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby blazesong » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:26 pm

Cat chat update
The cat chat cats will be back today!!
including a scene~

the idea is if you have a CS pet that looks like your cat you can add it to the scene.

chat chat cats will be limited to 2-3 lines per-cat as some of them last time where very long.

i need a new signature

blazesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bug;‌‌‌‏‏‏‏‏ » Thu May 03, 2018 1:28 am

aha forget that i posted, sorry ;w;

in response to below,
i am more than aware of what theyre gonna need, including vaccines, a vet, heat pads, a small space, care every 2 or more hours (including in the night) and more. ive had past experience with kittens before, all at different ages, and i was planning to take it upon myself to raise them most of their newborn life. im not sure if id have enough money or time to take care of all four of them and so i was planning to just take care of 1 or 2. though it is completely possible as i have the next 4 months free. if i dont take care of them though, i worry about them being in danger. outside, there are a lot of feral animals that are more than willing to kill small animals, including kittens. i am also extremely scared of them picking up any diseases or infections while they are out, as its more likely outside than inside, with care. if i were to try to help them while they were still outside, the mom would be upset and possibly move them away to where id lose them. im sorry if i came across as rude or cruel.
Last edited by bug;‌‌‌‏‏‏‏‏ on Thu May 03, 2018 1:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
bug;‌‌‌‏‏‏‏‏

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angelus Gaston » Thu May 03, 2018 1:39 am

bug, wrote:hey ! ive been looking to raise some 0-1 week old kittens until they are atleast 10 weeks old, and i was wondering how many i should raise? i do not have to pay for them, as they are from the neighborhood. they arent complete newborns but their eyes are closed and their ears are also. i was hoping to raise 1 but ive been hearing that its good for them to have a brother/sister or just some other kitten to play with when needed. any thoughts?

(the mother and father have not went through the tnr program, im looking to do that very soon ♥)

If you have never hand raised kittens I wouldn't do it at all and leave it someone who has done. Hand raising anything is a lot of work and isn't something to jump in to you need the time and be willing to get very little sleep and be prepared for things to go wrong. You need bottles heat lamps or heat mats to keep them warm a vet on standby in case of emergencys and be willing to take in the whole litter.

If the kittens are with there mum leave them till there weaned then catch them and there parents, mum and dad can be TNR and kittens can be fostered till there old enough and tamed there is no reason to split them up unless the mum isn't feeding them.
CharsArt WantedTradescredit
╔══════════════════════╗
We would do something
Sarcastic and witty with this but
We cant be bothered. We go by
Angelus One Piece and Yu-Gi-Oh lover

╚══════════════════════╝
Angelus Gaston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Camelia2 » Sat May 05, 2018 11:52 pm

Never, but never ''raise tiny kittens'' unless you must!!! A kitten needs his mother until around 2 months when they can eat solid food and do their buisness on their own. If the mother is alive and not sick, please let them where they are!
They open their eyes at around 2-3 weeks so your kittens are younger
Camelia2

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Sun May 06, 2018 1:01 am

camelia2 wrote:Never, but never ''raise tiny kittens'' unless you must!!! A kitten needs his mother until around 2 months when they can eat solid food and do their buisness on their own. If the mother is alive and not sick, please let them where they are!
They open their eyes at around 2-3 weeks so your kittens are younger

This is true if the mother is alive and well and capable/willing to care for her kittens.
If there is any doubt that a mom might not be able to take care of them (like if she is sick, weak, has abandoned kittens in the past, etc), then its perfectly fine to hand raise kittens, just do as much research as humanly possible about HOW to do so. Feed them the proper formula not just some random milk, how often to feed them, how to help the kittens relieve themselves (as their mom helps them with that for the first couple weeks, they are not able to pee or poop on their own), keep them warm and safe and do vet checkups. Caring for very young kittens is really tough as they need to be fed every couple hours which will mean sleepless nights for the carer and there's no way around that. So if anyone here is planning on committing to something like that, know that it truly is a commitment.

No one should ever care for young kittens "because its fun" or "because I just want to have baby kittens". Newborn kittens are extremely vulnerable and nobody can care for them better than their own mother, so efforts like that should be focused on abandoned kittens, or ones that are brought into shelters because someones unneutered cat all of a sudden got pregnant and the owners didn't think how their (in)actions would pan out in the future, and thus weren't ready to deal with the kittens.
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zan | NB | they/them | pan/ace
xxxxxx lgbtq+ | atheist | satanist | artist xxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hatsune mewku » Sun May 06, 2018 2:31 am

I recently got a kitten from the pound. I already have two cats who already don't seem to like her. When/how should I introduce them?
hatsune mewku

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~ moth ~ » Sun May 06, 2018 4:42 am

ooh ,, never knew this forum was a thing before! so happy i stumbled upon it.

snailmail wrote:I recently got a kitten from the pound. I already have two cats who already don't seem to like her. When/how should I introduce them?

introducing a new cat into an already established cat household can be tricky and tedious. for the first week or so you should keep the new kitten separated from your other cats ,, possibly in your bedroom or some other room with enough space for the kitten to venture around. make sure they have access to a litter box ,, food ,, water ,, a comfy place to rest and places to hide. getting the kitten accustomed to this one room is essential. it will become a safe space for them. make sure to play with all of your cats regularly so no one feels left out or neglected. after a few days of letting the kitten get acclimated you may want to start interchange toys ,, blankets ,, and pet beds that the cats play with or lay on. this means that each day take these items from the new kitten and put them with the other cats and take these items from the cats and give them to the kitten ,, thus introducing the scents of the cats to the new kitten and the new kittens scent to the other cats. this will get everyone used to each others smell being around. after a few days of doing this slowly start to introduce the cats. you can have the kitten and new cats meet each other through a crack in the door. open the door to the kittens room a few inches and let all the cats sniff at the kitten. if any hissing or growling occurs don't be discouraged ,, just try again in a few hours or the next day. you can also start feeding the cats on opposite sides of the door to the kittens room at the same time each day. after maybe a week to a week and a half actually open the door and let the cats inspect each other ,, of course with your supervision. once again if any of the older cats attack the kitten remove them and try again tomorrow. all of this should take about two weeks and by the end of it your cats should be used to and tolerant of the kitten and now you can introduce your new kitten to the rest of the house. i hope this helps you ^-^

╰ ⋯ how the most dangerous thing . • ⊹ ╮

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⋯ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ◂ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⋯⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ↼╯
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀╰ is to love -

. • adrien - adult - they / he / she - aroace ⋆ ╮

╰ ⋯ how you will heal and rise above . • ⊹

───────────────────────────────────────────
x▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ▸ ╮

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⋮

. - • crowned by an overture ↼╯
bold and beyond . • ⋆

╰ ⋯ ah, it’s more courageous to ⋆
▸ — overcome ⊹ .

──────────────────────────

~ moth ~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MoltenRegolith » Wed May 09, 2018 7:36 am

How common is the name “Houdini” for cats? It was the name the shelter had given him and we kept it, but now I’m wonder how original it is.
Check me out at https://moltenregolith.deviantart.com/
Visit the Arena!
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3843219 Image
Pet's name: Lizu
MoltenRegolith

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Wed May 09, 2018 8:14 am

MoltenRegolith wrote:How common is the name “Houdini” for cats? It was the name the shelter had given him and we kept it, but now I’m wonder how original it is.

I haven't met any cats personally that were named Houdini. Even so, if you like the name and you think it suits him, it really doesn't matter how original or unique it is. Just because names like Felix and Boots are common for cats, doesn't mean you shouldn't give those names to a cat, because they're cute names and can be very fitting.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MoltenRegolith » Wed May 09, 2018 9:38 am

Queenie! wrote:
MoltenRegolith wrote:How common is the name “Houdini” for cats? It was the name the shelter had given him and we kept it, but now I’m wonder how original it is.

I haven't met any cats personally that were named Houdini. Even so, if you like the name and you think it suits him, it really doesn't matter how original or unique it is. Just because names like Felix and Boots are common for cats, doesn't mean you shouldn't give those names to a cat, because they're cute names and can be very fitting.

I love his name <3. I’ve actually had him for a good 5-6 years now so I wasn’t going to change it, just wanted to know how common it was. Thank you for replying, though!
Check me out at https://moltenregolith.deviantart.com/
Visit the Arena!
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3843219 Image
Pet's name: Lizu
MoltenRegolith

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me