Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:13 pm

ButternutSquashums wrote:This is my cat Tipper. He's a few months old, and kind of ridiculous but I love him all the same.
Poor boy keeps sneaking into the dresser drawers for some reason? Which makes getting pretty much anything out a hassle for a good hour.

He's a cutie! Reminds me of my mom's cat, Binx. I love the last picture, I can imagine him saying "oh, were you using this?" :lol:

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angelus Gaston » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:15 pm

Kittens must think there being really helpful when you doing the house work.

You get done with sweeping everything is in a neat pile before you pick it up and bam kitten comes along and scatters everything back across the floor. Said kitten then sits there with a paper ball in its mouth looking as if to say " did you want this scattered everywhere" then proceeds to kill the fuzzy thing on a stick which has just ruined his handy work, sweeping takes twice as long thanks to helpful kitten.

Dusting turns in to a hunting party and the duster becomes the prey i'm pretty shore they think they can fly or they spend the day plotting the fastest root to get the duster the next time.

I think kittens think there being helpful buy taking half of your house work but don't realise there doubling it for you, but its all fun and games you can do it when they sleep.

I've also found out Noctis likes water, we have a washing up bowl full of water down for the dogs and a cat fountain for the cats and I'm sat there watching him play in the dogs water leaning over the side of the dish with his paws in the water. Washing pots he will try and help playing on the side he puts his feet in the sink as in filling it up. I keep the bathroom door shut incase he decides to join me I dont want to be drying myself and the cat.

I'm going to be picking him a collar up today so he has a bell so we can hear him in doors ( he isn't an outdoor cat ) He gets everywhere i'm pretty shore he can warp he can be sat in one place next minute you look he is somewhere else, more than once he has nearly tripped my brother appearing in front of his feet or dive bombed one of the dogs of the sofa at least with a collar they can hear him coming.
He also thinks he is an Assassin he pretty much free runs along furniture and sides think he runs on Duracell batteries he wears us the dogs and the older cats out before he gets worn out. Luckily for me I can get friends to bring a couple of there kittens around as well :lol:

Out of all the kittens I've had he has literally been the most energetic and trouble making little monster I've had but I don't think I would want to change him.

CharsArt WantedTradescredit
╔══════════════════════╗
We would do something
Sarcastic and witty with this but
We cant be bothered. We go by
Angelus One Piece and Yu-Gi-Oh lover

╚══════════════════════╝
Angelus Gaston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Wylla~ » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:13 pm

Hello, I have a cat and I would like to get a dog soon I would like to ask, does anybody have 'cat vs dog' kind of problems.Do they fight.Does the cat or dog get stressed out if one or another tries to play with eachother ?Would love the anwser :3
❤ 坚强 ❤
❤ 我热爱生活!❤

▬I'm Wylla▬
● ●She/her● ●
xxx

~Wylla~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angelus Gaston » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:29 pm

Marerose678 wrote:Hello, I have a cat and I would like to get a dog soon I would like to ask, does anybody have 'cat vs dog' kind of problems.Do they fight.Does the cat or dog get stressed out if one or another tries to play with eachother ?Would love the anwser :3

Nope all my cats love the dogs and my Border Collies best friend is Noctis those two can spend ages playing together ( he loved Ulquiorra as well ) and its fun to watch a tiny kitten roll on him. The bigger cats just ignore the dogs and if they get to much they go on the cat tree. Some cats just don't like playing with dogs and you don't want to force them to interact.

Also it depends on how there introduced it has to be gradually done and supervised. If you check on youtube there should be Videos on how to introduce a dog and cat I would grab links but I'm on my phone.
CharsArt WantedTradescredit
╔══════════════════════╗
We would do something
Sarcastic and witty with this but
We cant be bothered. We go by
Angelus One Piece and Yu-Gi-Oh lover

╚══════════════════════╝
Angelus Gaston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Wylla~ » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:30 pm

Angelus Gaston wrote:
Marerose678 wrote:Hello, I have a cat and I would like to get a dog soon I would like to ask, does anybody have 'cat vs dog' kind of problems.Do they fight.Does the cat or dog get stressed out if one or another tries to play with eachother ?Would love the anwser :3

Nope all my cats love the dogs and my Border Collies best friend is Noctis those two can spend ages playing together ( he loved Ulquiorra as well ) and its fun to watch a tiny kitten roll on him. The bigger cats just ignore the dogs and if they get to much they go on the cat tree. Some cats just don't like playing with dogs and you don't want to force them to interact.

Also it depends on how there introduced it has to be gradually done and supervised. If you check on youtube there should be Videos on how to introduce a dog and cat I would grab links but I'm on my phone.

Thank you !!!
❤ 坚强 ❤
❤ 我热爱生活!❤

▬I'm Wylla▬
● ●She/her● ●
xxx

~Wylla~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlizzardTheWizard » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:34 pm

Hi! My family does not currently own a cat but we own a dog. She a small dog and is frightened of cats! Probably just because of this one cat... xD Anyway, we used to own an Australian cattle dog and a rag doll cat! Okay, okay, this may not be normal or occur in every situation, but they were literally best friends! xD It depends on the dog I guess!

hi! Call me bliz or whatever else you can think of. I use she/they pronouns. Feel free to PM me :)

Toyhouse: BlizzardTheWizard
Discord: BlizzardTheWizard#3894
PFP by Shadeyenova
BlizzardTheWizard

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:22 am

I've had cats all my life, but I got a dog a few years ago as a puppy. My cats weren't too excited about a big, clumsy dog being in their house for a while, but they warmed up to her. You definitely need to supervise whenever you introduce them to each other, especially if the dog you get is already an adult. Some dogs don't know their own strength and might hurt a cat accidentally because they're trying to play. It does help, also, if you get a puppy or a young dog, as they're generally easier to train. Because I got my dog so young, she grew up with my cats and learned how to behave around them fairly quickly. Nowadays she spends her time herding them around the house and breaking up cat fights. lol

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Wylla~ » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:03 am

Thank you everybody for the replies !!!
❤ 坚强 ❤
❤ 我热爱生活!❤

▬I'm Wylla▬
● ●She/her● ●
xxx

~Wylla~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sockwearer » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:23 am

Well, my dog chases my cat often, but it's more of a playful kind of thing. We got our cat after our dog, and it took them awhile to get used to each other, but it ended up being fine and it's obvious they like each other. The fact that they were both fairly young may have helped, my dog is about a year older than my cat.
hi!! i'm jesse and i go by he/him pronouns! i love overwatch, marine biology, paleontology, drawing, writing, listening to music and playing video games so i guess pm me if you wanna talk about those things? i have anxiety so i can be awkward in pms but don't let that deter you!
my art shop! / my offsite commissions!
sockwearer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FANTASIIIA » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:24 am

I just wanted to say that my cat just came to me to sit on my lap and crawl for attention while I'm "ignoring" her and typing which only makes her ------------------- want attnetion more <--- She made that long space. x^D

Kitty says purr purr to y'all!
FANTASIIIA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me