Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Annoying Things People Do To/With Your Pet(s)

Postby Windy0cloud » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:06 am

What annoys me a lot is when people say purebred dogs are 'healthier' or 'better' than mixed breeds. Like, no. Lots of purebreds have tons of health problems. A good example is a bulldog. Because of it's wrinkly skin, it can easily overheat and have tons of skin problems. Bulldogs can't even give birth naturally because the puppies have too big heads. There are plenty other purebreds with other health issues. And no, it's not something that should be 'natural' or 'something that the breed has'. Stop breeding these sick dogs with each other or breed them with dogs that won't pass on such horrible genes.
Windy0cloud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marinara sauce » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:43 pm

my sister usually walks my cat while im at school, and on weekends i walk her. (she's the only cat out of four who actually cooperate on leashes and loves walking) someone walked up to me with their dog, and asked why i was walking my cat. i responded saying "it's a dog" sarcastically and walked away. idk what's wrong with walking cats, and if there is can someone tell me in pm? im so clueless
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
pisces ☀ | taurus ☾ | virgo ⇡
she/her
i'm not as active on CS anymore,
apologies for the late responses
to anything

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
marinara sauce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blazesong » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:40 pm

people who don't ring there bell when riding past on a bike.my dog is small so i guess they think he is harmless or fine with the big loud thing wizzing past him but everytime i have to deal with my dog lunging at them and barking, they don't care there away on the bike, if they ring there bell i can move to the side and have my boy in a sit and everyone ends up happy

i need a new signature

blazesong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cruxich » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:43 pm

My mom saying that she'll use the goldfish fry as food for the chiclids if my goldfish ever spawns and lays eggs that hatch.

Like umm?? They're my fish and in a way I'm also a owner of the babies??? Shouldn't I decide what to do with them???
---------
I'm not really active on here all that much lol, unless there's an on-site event going on.
--------
ImageImage
Cruxich

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SableShine » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:58 pm

Sylverion wrote:Anytime people find out I have sheep, most of them often instantly make jokes about them being food or that they'll be tasty. It's infuriating! I know they're livestock but they're my pets and you will not imply you're going to eat them, thankyouverymuch!

I always find this so gross. I eat meat but I'd still never do this. How would I feel if people made jokes like that about my dogs? Awful, is how. People just don't think.

When I kept mice I got constant snake jokes and it was vile. I once rescued 4 mice from an abusive situation and in the taxi on the way home from the train station the driver went on and ON about how food for snakes is all they're good for and he'd feed them to one if he got his hands on them... I'm there with these four beautiful baby mice who are absolutely terrified and he's saying this stuff?? I told him they'd come from an abusive home and he KNOCKED ON THEIR TRAVEL BOX. Who DOES that to frightened, abused animals? All I could think was if they had been dogs he'd have been completely different with them.
ForUM is the place you are reading this. A foRM is a set of questions you fill out.
SableShine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gremlin » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:39 am

We recently hosted my grandmother, who has a later stage of dementia, aside from the fact I was worried about Leo (my agressive dog) I found that she was feeding the other dog, who has no idea what he should and shouldn't eat and how much he should eat, chocolate, and she filled his bowl with kettle corn several times, she also attempted to feed them both part of her sandwich, an entire handful of mixed nuts, which had almonds! and several other things, including coffee, tooth paste and lip stick. I know it's not her fault, since she didn't know where she was and she doesn't know social norms and mannerisms, or what's safe for dogs, but it still got me a bit angry when she did it.
Hail to the king baby, hail to the king
Discord: Gremlin#1080
gremlin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RockinRiles » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:22 am

1.) My dog, Kyle, is blind. Having have lived with us for several years, Kyle has the entire house and neighborhood mapped out. When I have friends or family over they have a weird, terrible hobby where they try to place things in the middle of the house somewhere to see if my blind dog will run into it. Pretty evil, right?

2.) My oldest cat, Katya, came from a shelter. She is very skittish and she does not like close contact very much. When sleeping with her, you have to give her space to herself and not try to drag her back up with you. She doesn't like it. When my oldest sister comes over, she likes to GRAB Katya and hold her down near her face while she sleeps. My poor kitty shows obvious distaste in this, but she refuses to let her go.

3.) My youngest kitten, Kirlia, is my baby. While my dog tends not to mind her presence, he likes to be left alone while eating. The other cat does not like her around her because Kirlia is high energy and plays with her food and everything else. . This is why I feed all my animals at different times. On thanksgiving, my step-dad handed Kyle a large piece of hand without bothering to see if the kitten was around. ( whom is very friggen nosy )
Long story short: Kirlia runs in and tries to swipe the ham away from Kyle, and moments later I'm down in the floor pulling Kilria at out Kyle's mouth. My step dad then continued to hit my dog for his actions.
So, 2/3 of my pets ended up with some form of energy that day.
RockinRiles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rancidram » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:27 am

When people dress up their dogs
╔══════════════════════════════════════╗
r a n c i d r a m
black lives matter • empty the tanks • feminist
most likely inactive
ImageImageImage
╚══════════════════════════════════════╝
rancidram

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angelus Gaston » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:45 am

Mari.exe wrote:When people dress up their dogs

How do you mean with this. I dress up my dogs when I do my cosplaying granted my idiots don't mind it but I would never force them if they didn't want to. My friends all so have costumes and cloths for small breeds when its to cold.

So it depends on how you mean.

CharsArt WantedTradescredit
╔══════════════════════╗
We would do something
Sarcastic and witty with this but
We cant be bothered. We go by
Angelus One Piece and Yu-Gi-Oh lover

╚══════════════════════╝
Angelus Gaston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SableShine » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:46 pm

I agree dressing up depends. I have friends with nervous dogs who flourish when they dress up because they get only good attention from people and they love it. I have friends who would NEVER dress their dogs if they hated it but they don't mind and they raise money for dog charities doing it. And I own a lurcher who is VERY susceptible to the cold so she has coats, sweaters, and even pajamas. A lot of dog breeds NEED stuff like that because they get cold so easily.

I'm absolutely against dressing up your dog if they don't like it, but if they have no problem with it I don't see why not. Not my thing but I've done it a couple of times for photo shoots and it's been fun. Dogs don't get humiliated by things like that - that's not an emotion they really have in their repertoire, so unless they actively dislike it there's not really an issue in my opinion.
ForUM is the place you are reading this. A foRM is a set of questions you fill out.
SableShine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me