LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat!

Postby leiawolfe » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:08 pm

.Middy. wrote:TMK-
YES! Anything named after me gets you slapped if you sell them xD Feel free to eat Chandler bun though!

Thanks LeiaWolfe! She's pretty sweet too lol.

In exciting news! My Rex doe had her kits today! So far just 3, I'm not sure if she's done or not since she still seems big and I think I can feel another (I'm not great at palpating though!)

She's a first timer, so we are having a couple issues, but I'm keeping a close eye on them to make sure everything runs smoothly.

Aww! Too bad I'm not allowed to breed my bunny.. :( I would LOVE to though! (My bun is currently locking my finger lol) Aww....
x)

Also. A question: My bunny... She runs around for a play in the living room, (areas blocked off where she shouldn't be, but still supervised.), but I feel like she might be eating the carpet? I'm not expecting this to be good for her....
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thunderofthedrum » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:26 am

Honestly, there are PLENTY of rabbits that are bred and plenty waiting to be adopted so don't at ALL feel like yku need to breed yours. As for carpet, just make sure she is supervised and make sur eyou supply her with appropriate things to chew on - having her hay accessible for example, as well as some safe types of wood maybe, a cardboard box as a house..
thunderofthedrum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:48 am

thunderofthedrum wrote:Honestly, there are PLENTY of rabbits that are bred and plenty waiting to be adopted so don't at ALL feel like yku need to breed yours. As for carpet, just make sure she is supervised and make sur eyou supply her with appropriate things to chew on - having her hay accessible for example, as well as some safe types of wood maybe, a cardboard box as a house..

Thanks for all this!!! :D
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thunderofthedrum » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:53 am

No problem!! My house rabbit is turning 9 this year and while she does still occasionally chew on things, I've mostly learned how to prevent it. I block off areas I don't want her to access (like under my bed), I keep cords off the floor, I provide her with appropriate chewing things.. Plus, it'd good motivation to keep your living space picked up! She does pull at the carpet every once in a while but she gets scolded and Imve never seen any visible damage or signs of her ingesting any of it, so I'm not overly worried.

If you have Instagram there are a TON of rabbit accounts! They can be handy for toy ideas and seeing what indoor homes other house buns have.
thunderofthedrum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FweepTheTurtle » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:55 am

I found this and it seems really nice. I breed standard chins and my brother breeds flemish giants. Me and my brother are also in 4h.
FweepTheTurtle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:34 pm

thunderofthedrum wrote:No problem!! My house rabbit is turning 9 this year and while she does still occasionally chew on things, I've mostly learned how to prevent it. I block off areas I don't want her to access (like under my bed), I keep cords off the floor, I provide her with appropriate chewing things.. Plus, it'd good motivation to keep your living space picked up! She does pull at the carpet every once in a while but she gets scolded and I've never seen any visible damage or signs of her ingesting any of it, so I'm not overly worried.

If you have Instagram there are a TON of rabbit accounts! They can be handy for toy ideas and seeing what indoor homes other house buns have.

Oh, right, cool! :D I'll check it out ;)

and wow,, 9!!! XD My bunny is 10 weeks tomorrow :)
leah
australia
she/her
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thunderofthedrum » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:37 pm

LeiaWolfe wrote:
thunderofthedrum wrote:No problem!! My house rabbit is turning 9 this year and while she does still occasionally chew on things, I've mostly learned how to prevent it. I block off areas I don't want her to access (like under my bed), I keep cords off the floor, I provide her with appropriate chewing things.. Plus, it'd good motivation to keep your living space picked up! She does pull at the carpet every once in a while but she gets scolded and I've never seen any visible damage or signs of her ingesting any of it, so I'm not overly worried.

This is an excellent website with a lot of great resources. I linked to the page of veggies - they can eat a lot of different things, and it will also tell you what is bad for them. If you explore the website you can also get advice on how to litterbox train them, bonding them if you get another bunny friend, ideas for cages/pens/condos for them to live in, and more!

http://rabbit.org/suggested-vegetables- ... bbit-diet/

And yep; it can be a lot of work sometimes but eventually you will have a good routine with your bunny of when you feed her and making sure to let her out to run around a lot. Every day when I get home from work I let my rabbit out until I go to bed - being stuck in a cage all day is like being stuck in a bedroom all day, not even a whole house! They need plenty of space to run and explore - it's good for their muscles and good for their minds. You can also look on Youtube to get ideas from other people; some people will do cage tours, show you how to make easy toys, and more.
thunderofthedrum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:13 pm

thunderofthedrum wrote:
LeiaWolfe wrote:

This is an excellent website with a lot of great resources. I linked to the page of veggies - they can eat a lot of different things, and it will also tell you what is bad for them. If you explore the website you can also get advice on how to litterbox train them, bonding them if you get another bunny friend, ideas for cages/pens/condos for them to live in, and more!

http://rabbit.org/suggested-vegetables- ... bbit-diet/

And yep; it can be a lot of work sometimes but eventually you will have a good routine with your bunny of when you feed her and making sure to let her out to run around a lot. Every day when I get home from work I let my rabbit out until I go to bed - being stuck in a cage all day is like being stuck in a bedroom all day, not even a whole house! They need plenty of space to run and explore - it's good for their muscles and good for their minds. You can also look on Youtube to get ideas from other people; some people will do cage tours, show you how to make easy toys, and more.

Wow, I learnt a lot on this! I do occasionally go onto that website. :)

My bunny has been litter training for about 2 weeks or less now, and doing well on it :)
leah
australia
she/her
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lennybunny » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:50 am

lel if you go onto my profile its obvious I would own one xD. My rabbits name is Lenny. He is about 3 months old. (got him mid December) We are planning to let him go outside sometime in spring.
lunch was good!Image]
lennybunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:35 pm

bunbunnybun wrote:lel if you go onto my profile its obvious I would own one xD. My rabbits name is Lenny. He is about 3 months old. (got him mid December) We are planning to let him go outside sometime in spring.

Aw! Is he the bunny in your signature? :3

My bunny is 3 months in 2 weeks :) She is a self-pattern (solid colour) blue-grey Netherland Dwarf. :D

Aurora! (Her middle names are Willow Jay)
leah
australia
she/her
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me