LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat!

Postby Crystal Trees » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:28 pm

Hi everyone! I rescued a Netherland dwarf from a neglected home. She was pregnant at the time and has three beautiful babies, Levi(Grey), Cotton(white) and Danish(black). Levi is the only boy. I love them with all my heart!
Crystal Trees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Mean Kitty » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:45 pm

Speaking of babies, it's been quite some time since I shared any bunny pictures! Perhaps I shall do that now, eh?

Some of you may know I raise polish and harlequins for show. But I also have my American Chinchilla I hand raised last year, Anna. Well, she's full grown and as of my birthday last month, has some babies of her own! However, they're sire is a harlequin! Typically I'm against the purposeful breeding of mutts, but in this case I'm hoping to improve my harlequins in size and type with these guys. So it's not just for cute purposes, but man aren't these two cute?! I wasn't sure what to expect, but chins with facesplits wasn't really it! I adore them.

Also born on my birthday last month, were these 2 little cuties! "Minnie" Me the chocolate polish doe and her sister, a little lilac polish!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mods: My nieces are Kaylee197 and Rosie197. We sometimes share an IP.
The Mean Kitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:54 pm

@The Mean Kitty
Aw, the babies are absolutely ADORABLE! Are you going to show them? Or are they just for pets?

I am actually too scared to breed my [currently baby] bunny, Aurora, XD
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Mean Kitty » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:15 am

Kinda like most my animals, I consider them pets first but they're all show quality and the rabbits I do actually show. :) Now out of those particular 4 only the chocolate polish will be shown. Lilac is unaccepted in Polish and well, the other 2 are crosses lol!

The Mean Kitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lincoln » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:24 pm

@TMK
There are so beautiful <3
Lincoln

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thunderofthedrum » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:38 pm

Crystal Trees wrote:Hi everyone! I rescued a Netherland dwarf from a neglected home. She was pregnant at the time and has three beautiful babies, Levi(Grey), Cotton(white) and Danish(black). Levi is the only boy. I love them with all my heart!

If you end up keeping all of them, just keep in mind that you'll either need to house them separately or get them spayed/neutered. Siblings STILL get hormonal and can mate.

LeiaWolfe wrote:@The Mean Kitty
Aw, the babies are absolutely ADORABLE! Are you going to show them? Or are they just for pets?

I am actually too scared to breed my [currently baby] bunny, Aurora, XD

Easy answer - don't breed her. There is no reason to and many people simply don't have the space or time. I have a single bun and I've had her for going on 9 years! Pet rabbits are WONDERFUL creatures.
thunderofthedrum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:22 pm

TMK-
I swear if you name that Lilac after me, you better keep her or gift her to me xD she's so stinking cute!

My buns are doing good, I've decided to sell out of my mutts and switch to Rex instead! Ended up buying a new harlequin doe and her 6 kits, along with a (hopefully) bred jap harlie Rex doe! These are three of the kits that are my current possible keepers.

Cow is the last one, on the cow print of course. She will likely be staying as a pet, she will get to free range in my rodent room once she is litter trained and everything! Of course I'll also be breeding her, but her main purpose will be pet lol
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (368.22 KiB) Viewed 15 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (507.21 KiB) Viewed 15 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (450.75 KiB) Viewed 15 times
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:28 pm

@.Middy.

Aw, they are SOOOOO cute! Especially Cow! :D
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Mean Kitty » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:53 pm

.Middy. wrote:TMK-
I swear if you name that Lilac after me, you better keep her or gift her to me xD she's so stinking cute!

What if I name her Middy after your username? Would I still get slapped for selling her then? xD

The Mean Kitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:31 am

TMK-
YES! Anything named after me gets you slapped if you sell them xD Feel free to eat Chandler bun though!

Thanks LeiaWolfe! She's pretty sweet too lol.

In exciting news! My Rex doe had her kits today! So far just 3, I'm not sure if she's done or not since she still seems big and I think I can feel another (I'm not great at palpating though!)

She's a first timer, so we are having a couple issues, but I'm keeping a close eye on them to make sure everything runs smoothly.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (122.11 KiB) Viewed 85 times
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me