Dog Owner Chat v4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat v4

Postby Skysong » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:23 pm

Sometimes Thor and Lilly sleep like this and Lilly looks at me as I take pictures of them

Cameo of my fathers arm and shoulder.

Also; Thor is going in on Tuesday to have the staples removed from his belly!

Edit:

Also
Sampson is hecking adorable
Skysong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:47 am

LizzytheWolf wrote:After a very long stay in the hospital, I was allowed to go home today and Justin was so excited.

Chess isn't doing too well, she's chewing her front paws a lot and ripping out her nails. She's bleeding a lot and whines whenever she walks on a hard surface.
I tried bandaging her paws and making an EC but she always finds a way out of them.

Word from the new friend I made over summer break is that Xaida's old owners got her back and now it's even worse. Friend sent me a video he took of how she got loose, she has no ID and they let her run around in other people's yards until someone returns her.

that with Chess ..with chewing front paws..is this something new? :?:

anyways ...you need to go with Chess to the vet...(when vet did not already checked her, even for warts at the bottom of the paws and the claws are healthy)

then you may need something else, heavy medication cant always help or make it more bad , make her life more interesting...bether interestin training, change things that stress her...

abnormal behaviour is stereotypical behaviors, i.e. repetitive and apparently purposeless motor behaviors. Examples of stereotypical behaviours include pacing, self-injury, route tracing and excessive self-grooming. These behaviors are associated with stress and lack of Stimulation (when animal is healthy!!). Many who keep animals in captivity attempt to prevent or decrease stereotypical behavior by introducing stimuli, a process known as environmental enrichment.

A type of abnormal behavior shown in captive animals is self-injurious behavior (SIB).

Self-injurious behavior indicates any activity that involves biting, scratching, hitting, hair plucking, or eye poke that may result in injuring oneself.[ Although its reported incidence is low, self-injurious behavior is observed across a range of primate species, especially when they experience social isolation in infancy. Self-bite involves biting one’s own body—typically the arms, legs, shoulders, or genitals. Threat bite involves biting one’s own body—typically the hand, wrist, or forearm—while staring at the observer, conspecific, or mirror in a threatening manner. Self-hit involves striking oneself on any part of the body. Eye poking is a behavior (widely observed in primates) that presses the knuckle or finger into the orbital space above the eye socket. Hair plucking is a jerking motion applied to one’s own hair with hands or teeth, resulting in its excessive removal.

The proximal causes of self-injurious behavior have been widely studied in captive primates; either social or nonsocial factors can trigger this type of behavior. Social factors include changes in group composition, stress, separation from the group, approaches by or aggression from members of other groups, conspecific male individuals nearby, separation from females, and removal from the group. Social isolation, particularly disruptions of early mother-rearing experiences...or cant get Babys even when they feel Need , is an important risk factor.Studies have suggested that, although mother-reared rhesus macaques still exhibit some self-injurious behaviors, nursery-reared rhesus macaques are much more likely to self-abuse than mother-reared ones. Nonsocial factors include the presence of a small cut, a wound or irritant, cold weather, human contact, and frequent visitors
In dogs, canine obsessive-compulsive disorder can lead to self-inflicted injuries, for example canine lick granuloma.

Studies suggest that many abnormal captive behaviors, including self-injurious behavior, can be successfully treated by pair housing. Pair housing provides a previously single-housed animal with a same-sex social partner; this method is especially effective with primates, but also dog in Kennels or farm animal.. which are widely known to be social animals. Social companionship provided by pair housing encourages social interaction, thus reducing abnormal and anxiety-related behavior in captive animals as well as increasing their locomotion.

Behavioral enrichment :
(closely related to environmental enrichment) is an animal husbandry principle that seeks to enhance the quality of captive animal care by identifying and providing the environmental stimuli necessary for optimal psychological and physiological well-being. The goal of environmental enrichment is to improve or maintain an animal's physical and psychological health by increasing the range or number of species-specific behaviors, increasing positive utilization of the captive environment, preventing or reducing the frequency of abnormal behaviors such as stereotypies, and increasing the individual's ability to cope with the challenges of captivity. The purpose of behavioral enrichment is to improve the overall welfare of animals in captivity and create a habitat similar to what they would experience in their wild environment.

For each animal in captivity, a goal oriented plan is outlined and created to meet the needs of that animal specifically. Many different factors are included in making an enrichment outline including the needs of the species, their desired behaviors, an individual history, and the animal's current habitat. This plan is then put into action and changed based on the response and changing needs of the animal.

A variety of enrichment techniques are used to create desired outcomes similar to an animals individual and species' history. Each of the techniques used are intended to stimulate the animal's senses similarly to how they would be activated in the wild. Provided enrichment may be seen in the form of auditory, olfactory, habitat factors, food, research projects, training, and objects

yes all this can help with Dogs too!!^^

i hope your dog is back to normal soon! and that it only was a scatch or thorn or tick that did bother her^^
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:58 am

Kestrel and Koda went on a little mini hike Saturday at a new place and had a ton of fun! Kes kept getting the zoomies which is always fun lol.

We also found this really nice tree that was hanging out over a incline with awesome red leaves. Sent them both up for photos and I love how they turned out! (As you can see lol)
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby northy. » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:51 am

why are the puppers so pretty?????

northy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sasha. » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:50 am

I started fostering in late August! Just got my 4th foster last night, an 80 pound Great Pyrenees named Malibu! She’s very sweet and we honestly might end up keeping her. This is our second time fostering a GP, and I love them so much, they might be my favorite breed!
Attachments
5655892F-F861-4759-9CF5-6A69BAAFC2A3.jpeg
5655892F-F861-4759-9CF5-6A69BAAFC2A3.jpeg (304.75 KiB) Viewed 168 times
sasha.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:04 am

ryan ross. wrote:
why are the puppers so pretty?????

uhhMMM excuse me, is that flynn???!!!

how big is he going to get lmAO. maybe i just haven't seen enough dallys but he already looks huge !!
☆ kenya|she/her|istj|adult player
(simply vibing, that's it <3)
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby northy. » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:28 am

@halogen ; haha, thats how i feel every day! he is massive! He is already 34 kilos or so [9 months old on the 9th], and i thought vida was a decent size, but she seems tiny now, only 17kilos. he is massive yet he can squish into the tiniest of spots just to snuggle with whoever gets the blessing. he is so precious, and he is big for a dal, he is from the perdita's line which is known for being big and bulky. (: how are your pups?
northy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby notwearingsocks » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:41 am

okay so this is my first time posting here, but i stalk this thread because i love dogs. i volunteer at my local humane society and it's one of the best things that i spend my time doing. i have two dogs of my own & i have a grandpuppy ( my grandparents' puppy , haha ! )
these are my dogs, and they're shiba inus !! mumbo, on the right, is technically overweight and neither of them are good breed standards ( and aren't AKC registered because they're cream colored ), but i love them just the same ! they turned eight years old in october !!

and this is my grandpuppy, sasha !! she's a miniature australian shepherd, and her coat, which, again, is not recognized by the AKC, is called a dilute red merle ( really cool colors, google them ! ). she's about ten weeks old and i met her for the first time on sunday and she's such a doll. i love her already, owo
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlive or die trying.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx┌────────────────┐

haleigh [ she/her ] / north carolina / adult

ravenclaw / dog groomer / writer / explorer

links !
my kalons
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx└────────────────┘
notwearingsocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:35 am

Loving all the dog pictures :)

Chloe got her rabies shot at our last vet appointment so I updated her license today. She's good for three years. We looked through the dogs. Mom liked this sad looking pitbull with a spotted nose. I liked a rabbit who licked my fingers. There was also a yorkie pupy and a Doberman with a docked tail but natural ears, a beagle (there always seems to be a beagle), a boxer, and a hound mix. And as always, lots of cats. Lots of rabbits an guinea pigs too.
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bouanich » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:38 pm

I has a pupper
image-2017-12-02-11-38-38.jpg
image-2017-12-02-11-38-38.jpg (191.43 KiB) Viewed 129 times

This is Izzy! She is a Shih - Tsu Chihuahua.
We found her on Kijiji for 500 CAD. Her owners keep her until the 20th or 25th.
She goes in for her shots on the 16th.
𝐑𝐔𝐍 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐌𝐄,
𝐂 𝐀 𝐕 𝐀 𝐑 𝐀 𝐃 𝐎 𝐒 𝐒 𝐈 !

hi, i'm lilah !! she/her , canadian (EST) , enfp-t 7w6
carrd / th / stats.fmtexttexttexttexttexttexttex ⋆。°✩
bouanich

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups