Dog Owner Chat v4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat v4

Postby Skysong » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:05 am

Ever brace yourself for really bad news from the vet?

Thor is going in in about an hour.

My mom thinks it's bloat at this point.

Thor is laying in the prayer position.
Skysong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eleutheromania » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:27 am

don’t know if you guys look forward to pictures of the hotdog but here is one i got sent. get to see him thursday for thanksgiving. debating on doing a photo shoot with him on thursday somewhere. it’s in the 30s here so i’ve heard he’s been giving my mom a hard time going out lol.
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marley.&.Me » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:33 am

Skysong wrote:Ever brace yourself for really bad news from the vet?

Thor is going in in about an hour.

My mom thinks it's bloat at this point.

Thor is laying in the prayer position.

i hope for nothing but the best for Thor!!
Marley.&.Me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skysong » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:33 am

Thor is 97 pounds even.
Vet says it might be a blockage.
If it is, that's a $1,500 surgery we can't afford.

He's done so well for the vet so far, though.

Edit: YES. THERE IT IS. HE ATE A DANG ROCK.

I'm gonna take him to the car and talk to my mom about what to do. We can't afford the surgery so we're looking at a possible euthanasia.
Skysong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:54 am

Skysong wrote:Thor is 97 pounds even.

I'm gonna take him to the car and talk to my mom about what to do. We can't afford the surgery so we're looking at a possible euthanasia.

ask the vet to do a small step pay! it can help with the payment, like every week $10-20 and maybe you could work there for some h each week to clean or such.
good luck, i hope you find a way.

@
eleutheromania
don’t know if you guys look forward to pictures of the hotdog but here is one i got sent. get to see him thursday for thanksgiving. debating on doing a photo shoot

i cant wait to see the pics when you really do this :D
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marley.&.Me » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:13 am

Luzien wrote:
Skysong wrote:Thor is 97 pounds even.

ask the vet to do a small step pay! it can help with the payment, like every week $10-20 and maybe you could work there for some h each week to clean or such.
good luck, i hope you find a way.

@
eleutheromania
don’t know if you guys look forward to pictures of the hotdog but here is one i got sent. get to see him thursday for thanksgiving. debating on doing a photo shoot

i cant wait to see the pics when you really do this :D

Some vets don’t do payments... at least ours don’t, either you have the money up front or you don’t get anything done... No vets around me do payment plans... so i can’t switch vets either..
Marley.&.Me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skysong » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:14 am

We called around and no where in my area does anything like that, Luzien

My mom called around and we have the funds for the surgery now.
Waiting on the vet now.
Skysong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angelus Gaston » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:33 am

Skysong wrote:We called around and no where in my area does anything like that, Luzien

Waiting on the vet now.

I'm glad everything's worked out its always horrible when things like that happen. We had Rio at the vets on Thursday because he had a small peice of glass in his pad, its always worrying no matter how big or small the injury. Hope everything goes well and dont worry he sounds like a strong dog.

We know have a pair of boots for his front paws just looking at a pair for his back feet then some for the others our area is bad for glass no matter were you walk.
CharsArt WantedTradescredit
╔══════════════════════╗
We would do something
Sarcastic and witty with this but
We cant be bothered. We go by
Angelus One Piece and Yu-Gi-Oh lover

╚══════════════════════╝
Angelus Gaston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:42 am

Skysong wrote:We called around and no where in my area does anything like that, Luzien

Waiting on the vet now.

That is wonderful News, hope he is out of surgery fast^^
all will be well, i hope for you all!

what you and oppie did say is sad...
not sure how most vet are in our area, as we only had one vet since... (and i think 1we can call when our vet is really not able to come) i dont know how many years, and they are both great about payment and money...one did come out to us on a weekend when he had a full week and was tired after a hard full i think i remember it right 18h day and was still fresh out of the barn with over 40cows and looked at our sick dog at night...he is a great guy.^^ and the large animal clinic we go when an pet is really sick they do this with the part payment...and i know from an women who had problem with money as she did not got the paycheck, they let her do a tiny step payment and some h cleaning each week in the afternoon, thats why i didthink it could be a idea to ask^^ .but maybe they cant do this as they are to small of a clinic to accept this or fear that they are not payed, still sad that they dont do this.

I find it great that your mom found an other way, :) and hope he will be running around soon :D
(not sure if he does this often with playing with stones or eating things from ground, but maybe try a muzzle and something like a anti poison feed Training (but with Stones an small things you did not tell him to eat), so that something sad and painful like this will never happen again)?

i wish you good luck, dont worry to much, he should be in good hands, and take our mom in the arms, and for you two? some chocolate for the wait^_^
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taiger Lilly » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:57 am

My vet requires payment upfront too. They say it helps keep their costs lower because they don't have to worry about collecting money etc. There are special credit cards you can get for financing vet care such as Pet Card and Care Credit.
Taiger Lilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me