* Pet Bird Chat * NEW

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

What is your favorite fruit/veggie to feed your birds?

quinoa
7%
cucumber
12%
strawberry
20%
carrot
12%
jalapeno
6%
sweet peppers
5%
corn
9%
grapes
13%
rice
8%
sprouts
8%

Total votes : 826

Re: * Pet Bird Chat * NEW

Postby Annebird » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:10 pm

on a mission to wean my gc off a completely seed diet
i've tried moistening up his pellets into a little squishy texture and mixing it with his seed measurement so he'd have to take small bites of the pellet for every bite of seed
turns out he's the forager of a lifetime (still not enough to completely avoid those pellets, tho ;D).
any other suggestions? i've tried gradually mixing it in, putting on a whole feast on pellets roleplay for him to check them out, and just putting plain pellets in there for an hour or so (no dice). really persistent fellas.
Hiss
Annebird

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kadybeth123 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:05 am

Username: kadybeth.tøp
How many birds do you own? ( if applicable ): 2 English budgies
How long have you had them?: about a week heh
What brings you to the bird chat?: I like talking about birds :3

╔═════════════╗

xxxxɪ αϝɾαιԃ f
xxxxHello! I'm Katie!
xxxxI like birds, The 1975, dodie,
xxxxmusic, and mcyts!!
xxxx♪~~~~~☆©︎☆~~~~~♪
xxxxhomo-Taurus (May 8th)-INFP
xxxxconcert & baritone uke, violin
xxxx2 birds, bunny, & dog owner
xxxxʜ ʜɪɴɢs ɪɴ ʏ ɾαιɳ
╚═════════════╝
kadybeth123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:48 am

asteroid ricochet. wrote:
asteroid ricochet. wrote:Alright. I've decided I'm separating them tomorrow. Winter is continuously attacking Lemon Pepper (when angry) and they will not stop fighting over everything. But which bird should I take out of the cage, if not both? If I get another bird in the future to put in the bigger cage with one/both of them, or if I decide to put the two back together, I don't want one bird being really territorial since it had the cage all to itself after one was removed.

Note; Both birds are wild and untamed. It is not easy on any of us transporting them.

Edit; I will be holding off separating them until my question is answered.
Also, would it possibly help to keep them together, but let them out of their cage often so they get some space once in a while, and something to do to distract them from fighting? They've never been out before because I have cats, but I plan to start letting them out soon, once I make sure my room is safe for them.

i have some questions...

do you have a Video from them where they "fight"
maybe you think its fighting, but its simple how some birds are.^^

how Long are they now together? i did forgot...but it cant be longer that some month...or am i wrong??

do you have seperate dished for feed on two different places of the Cage? leaves and twigs from trees put in the Cage to Play with, different toys?
how man perches...and how many different wide perches....foraging toys and such...?
the feed places should be not on the same pearch , and you could put a large toy between them so they dont see each other while eating..

---> and now why i ask this....i dont have knowledge how most should behave...but a breeder my mom talked with told us,...that some birds take up to :!: 3 years :!: to stand-like each other........with some they are all loving from the first min, other go out of each others way when there is enough space...other fight now and then but not to blood...other attack each other that blood flows but then go out of each others way and only fight now and then......
....but when a bird is brought together with a new bird, it can take time sometimes....but half a year to 1 year you should give them....when there is no blood taken each day or at all.
it all depends on the breed and character of the birds....so maybe you like to try for a bit more :)

--> to get more space, you could look for the same Cage you have, and with some work make one large cage out of those two! ;)

not sure if this does help :D

and that with the bathing....
that is normal :lol: some do bath each day other dont like it and only get spayed down sometimes by there owner with warm water....there are also birds who love to get under the shower.
i try to spray my two birds each day with one of those flower mist spay bottles and warm water, summer sometimes two times, but my Girl sometimes still goes in her water bowl to bath her feed and belly and wings bether^^ and the Boy puts his neck and head in and pushes water like this over his back or breast... :lol:
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zoomzoombadaboom » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:54 am

Luzien wrote:
asteroid ricochet. wrote:
asteroid ricochet. wrote:Alright. I've decided I'm separating them tomorrow. Winter is continuously attacking Lemon Pepper (when angry) and they will not stop fighting over everything. But which bird should I take out of the cage, if not both? If I get another bird in the future to put in the bigger cage with one/both of them, or if I decide to put the two back together, I don't want one bird being really territorial since it had the cage all to itself after one was removed.

Note; Both birds are wild and untamed. It is not easy on any of us transporting them.

Edit; I will be holding off separating them until my question is answered.
Also, would it possibly help to keep them together, but let them out of their cage often so they get some space once in a while, and something to do to distract them from fighting? They've never been out before because I have cats, but I plan to start letting them out soon, once I make sure my room is safe for them.

i have some questions...

do you have a Video from them where they "fight"
maybe you think its fighting, but its simple how some birds are.^^

how Long are they now together? i did forgot...but it cant be longer that some month...or am i wrong??

do you have seperate dished for feed on two different places of the Cage? leaves and twigs from trees put in the Cage to Play with, different toys?
how man perches...and how many different wide perches....foraging toys and such...?
the feed places should be not on the same pearch , and you could put a large toy between them so they dont see each other while eating..

---> and now why i ask this....i dont have knowledge how most should behave...but a breeder my mom talked with told us,...that some birds take up to :!: 3 years :!: to stand-like each other........with some they are all loving from the first min, other go out of each others way when there is enough space...other fight now and then but not to blood...other attack each other that blood flows but then go out of each others way and only fight now and then......
....but when a bird is brought together with a new bird, it can take time sometimes....but half a year to 1 year you should give them....when there is no blood taken each day or at all.
it all depends on the breed and character of the birds....so maybe you like to try for a bit more :)

--> to get more space, you could look for the same Cage you have, and with some work make one large cage out of those two! ;)

not sure if this does help :D

and that with the bathing....
that is normal :lol: some do bath each day other dont like it and only get spayed down sometimes by there owner with warm water....there are also birds who love to get under the shower.
i try to spray my two birds each day with one of those flower mist spay bottles and warm water, summer sometimes two times, but my Girl sometimes still goes in her water bowl to bath her feed and belly and wings bether^^ and the Boy puts his neck and head in and pushes water like this over his back or breast... :lol:

I don't have any video of it, because the budgies don't trust me and it would scare them.
It's been about a month that they've been together. When they first met they were cuddling and preening each other nonstop, but it started to get out of hand and frustrate each other I guess.
Yes, I have two separate food bowls, but they are close by and can't be separated by a toy since they aren't near the top of the cage.
I do have a couple natural/chewable wood perches, but none that I have actually taken from a tree and treated myself. They're store-bought. I also have a small plastic swing, a little wooden playground, two long perches that came with the cage, and two fuzzy cozy huts.
They have two toys in their cage, but I am going to switch them out for new, undamaged ones soon.
I think they have plucked each others' feathers occasionally; I have not seen them do it, but I know they are not molting those feathers. I have not really seen any blood, but I have seen them throw their beaks and even attack each other/throw the other off a perch. Winter is usually the one to start it.
Currently, I don't think we can afford another cage. Either way, I don't know how we would put the two together without messing it up, or where we would put it once finished. It seems hard.
i quit cs, if any of my old friends see this, thank u for the memories :)
zoomzoombadaboom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DELETE ACCOUNT PLE » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:55 am

Username: Bork Bork
How many birds do you own? ( if applicable ): 2 lovebirds 1 dove
How long have you had them?: About a year?
What brings you to the bird chat?: Well i have birds :3?
DELETE ACCOUNT PLE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby notactive » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:51 am

Username: troutrscoutr
How many birds do you own? ( if applicable ): we own two cockatiels however in this case only one of them enjoys my company a lot haha
How long have you had them?: one of them for a few years i believe? and the other for probably close to a month.
What brings you to the bird chat?: i wasn't much of a bird person though i still enjoyed the company of the ones we own. somewhat recently one has come to like me and honestly i wanna learn more about them!

http://sta.sh/2aodyqjfcrw?edit=1
i apologize for the lack of quality rip but i thought that these two pictures would represent her quirky and awesome little personality. she absolutely loves to chatter, we believe she was mimicking people or things at her old home going by the way she does it? maybe some of you know what i mean, its like she repeats it perfectly each day. she'll knock on her cage and on people, which i read is them trying to show that theyre there/claim things/various other things? correct me if im wrong haha also she tries to kiss people but shes not very good at it she kinda thrusts her face at you, and she pinches a bit, but its there, you can feel a tongue haha. her name is mist! we knew her old owners cus theyre family friends, they had to rehome her unfortunately and they asked if we could take her in. shes a few years old i believe? i knew her for a while and honestly shes such a goofy little character.
notactive

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:08 am

Awhhhh, she's so cute! My bird also gives kisses; he leans forward, presses his beak to my cheek and makes a loud clicking sound. Birds are so quirky and adorable :")
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby akuma <3 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:32 am

SO!!!!! I haven't posted here in foreverrrrr but here's an update to my collection of fine feathered friends <3

we have: 2 finches (as we've always had.)
2 canaries!!! we have a yellow female fife and a green buff male fife
and!! I HAVE A PARAKEET NOW <33
Her full name is Novarakhiin Ysodreid but we just call her Nova for short (it's a skyrim thing :>)
she's a "rare" parakeet according to the girl we got her from and she's only around 4 months old. she's grey and she's got black and white striping/barring with these cute lil blue cheeks <3

i'm also getting a blue celestial parrotlet in August!!
Image 𝚊𝚔𝚞𝚖𝚊 ~ ♡ Image
she/her - adult -
x | x | x
akuma <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby souldier » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:51 am

I am already a member, but have a few things to update:

Username: o00o

How many birds do you own? ( if applicable ):
2 zebra finches, 3 quails, and getting a budgie tomorrow :D

How long have you had them?:
I got my quails 3 years ago, my finches a few months ago, and my budgie died about 3 weeks ago.

What brings you to the bird chat?: I'm a bird nerd 0-0
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxMy kalons

x Best friend
xxx
xxxxxxxxxxx

souldier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:43 am

o00o wrote:
I am already a member, but have a few things to update:

Username: o00o

How many birds do you own? ( if applicable ):
2 zebra finches, 3 quails, and getting a budgie tomorrow :D

How long have you had them?:
I got my quails 3 years ago, my finches a few months ago, and my budgie died about 3 weeks ago.

What brings you to the bird chat?: I'm a bird nerd 0-0

Lol, I have a shirt that says bird nerd
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me