Dog Owner Chat v4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat v4

Postby Taiger Lilly » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:55 pm

halogen. wrote:
Hazza; wrote:does anyone else's dog insist on laying like this?

whhhhyyyy oppie ;-;

Yes.

https://imgur.com/a/0GO6k

yep

Taiger Lilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GutterPunk » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:35 pm

i know I kind of dropped off the face of the earth but update on stuff

Still have dovah, still looking for a home for him.
Still looking for a home for me
Duke is still fat

recent pictures:
Dovah:
He wait
He fly

Duke:

I'm still not good at this whole picture thing but I'm tryin. Duke isnt the easiest model to work with and Dovah has drool e v e r y w h e r e 99% of the time.
GutterPunk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:30 pm

Dukes muzzle+spiked collar combination is so metal. He looks like he should be at a music festival, lol.
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Temper » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:41 pm

Duke has such a cute face, I just want to squish him.
How's your search for breeds going? I think a while ago you said you were looking into collies.

.......... Image Krasivi Collies
...........Image Krasivi Trotters
...........Image Krasivi Euphorians
...........Image Krasivi Wolfhounds
...........Image Lone Bashkir Curlies
...........Image Andaluz Sport Horses

....................Image
Temper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GutterPunk » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:27 am

I wish we could be lmao thank you! I'm thinking of getting him a painted leather muzzle so he has less of the Hannibal look and a better fit but they're soooooo expensive.

Thank you! Yeah, I looked into collies a lot and decided they're probably not the breed for me. I'm really sound sensitive and from what I've seen they're very vocal most the time. Obviously things could be taught to help with that, but I'd rather go with a naturally more quiet breed with less grooming needs.
GutterPunk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chase. » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:15 am

Have some photos today - my favourite is probably the one with the rainbow in the bg <3 Dovah looking handsome as ever ^^ - luckily I don't have the experience with Logan barking as I can only get him to bark whenever I try bark we're all mad here - I was curious to how he would react. Though good luck with finding a good dog breed for you!

ImageImage

Me and Logan have recently started canicross [because I'm unfit as anything and need need it - and he just loves running]
I was wondering any of you guys did canicross and if you had any tips for me and Logan? I made a makeshift waist belt thing to clip his lead onto and my dad gave me a harness he didn't need anymore. I'm planning on getting proper canicross stuff in November [my bday] and join a local group but I was just wondering if anyone had some advice/canicross stories for me?

Here is the photo of him all prepped up :
lord knows why I tried to hike in converse xc. And is it just me or does it look like we're going mountain climbing?
chase.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Temper » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:31 am

Geyser and I are fairly new to canicross as well, but a few months ago I purchased him a harness and I love it! It's super flashy and comfortable for my dog. Here's the website.
You can also check out this website. They have a bunch of different harnesses and I know they have belts and lines.
I don't really have any stories to share... I need to get back into it now that it's getting cooler. I've been busy and a bit lazy :p

.......... Image Krasivi Collies
...........Image Krasivi Trotters
...........Image Krasivi Euphorians
...........Image Krasivi Wolfhounds
...........Image Lone Bashkir Curlies
...........Image Andaluz Sport Horses

....................Image
Temper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:22 pm

Day 7! Theme: Grass

Kessie girl took the mowing job into her own paws today, apparently I take too long! 😂

Ryan Ross- Thanks haha! You'll love agility! It's a ton of fun, I'm so excited to start again when my border comes home, there are a lot of things I've learned that I'm now fighting to retrain in Kes lol. So excited to start fresh with a blank slate haha.
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:44 pm

Any tips on getting a really fat dog into shape? I'm gonna bring my friends dog to my house for a few days and get him started on a weight loss program to continue at home, but I'm not sure where to start. He's a Great Dane mix, is on crap food with literally no meat in it, and never ever gets out. I think the first thing to do would be to switch his food and lower the amount he gets? Maybe I should switch him to raw for a bit, but neither me nor my friend have the freezer space. My friend doesn't have a lot of money either, I think the best I can get him on is Iams or Pure Balance. Maybe Canidae if we're lucky.
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:04 pm

I think Iams is a pretty decent dog food. Xeno is on it right now. Xeno has lost 35lbs while on it. And while that may not seem like much, for a dog who on most days wants to laze around and constantly eat and beg, I think that's pretty good ?

Xeno's old owners used to just fill up a big bucket everyday and let him go at it, but now I feed him 2 cups of food(always measured, never guessed) twice a day. We take him on hikes whenever we go and two long walks everyday, three if I can get him to. With training, treats are used very sparsly, as in almost none. My daughter likes to 'accidentally' drop food and while this maybe OK with Vashti and Spade, not with Xeno, he goes in the crate at mealtimes now.

I don't buy from Chewy, but this is the exact dog food that I get:
https://www.chewy.com/iams-proactive-he ... lsrc=aw.ds
☆ kenya|she/her|istj|adult player
(simply vibing, that's it <3)
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me