Dog Owner Chat v4

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dog Owner Chat v4

Postby cornspurrd. » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:23 am

This Happy Boy got a new Harness!
He is very exited about it LOL
Attachments
Screenshot 2017-09-16 at 6.22.54 PM.png
Screenshot 2017-09-16 at 6.22.54 PM.png (137.48 KiB) Viewed 72 times
Smile and wave...
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MoonWolf14 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:27 am

✦Awakening Souls✦ wrote:
Roman'sGirl75 wrote:I came to the conclusion yesterday --snip--- they are very active YOUNG dogs.

ah, i'm sorry to hear that people are being so rude.

i don't think two fit dogs/skinnier than what most people see would cause drivers to slow down and stare at your dogs, though, so i'm not really sure why that happened.

and for a lady to walk up to you like that and say such awful things is beyond absurd.
      are their ribs perhaps showing? i'm not asking you to then shame you and tell you that you're starving them. just because you can see a dog's ribs, does not mean they are being deprived of nutrition. there are plenty of humans like that. it just means they're leaning on the skinny side, nothing bad.

but that's the only way i can see people stopping to glare at you and your dogs and demand you surrender them.

I definitely have this experience with my husky. She's skinny and petite but eats like a horse, she just spends all her time running and being active. Her ribs don't show, she has great musculature, but I still get comments about how "she's so skinny"
MoonWolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LizzytheWolf » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:34 am

Flossie wrote:@Lizzy

Thank you! And I hope you find him soon. Have you tried calling the local shelters?

Your welcome :)
The closest shelter has not seen him. I volunteer there and the staff knows him pretty well, they're keeping an eye out, though.

- - - - -
The guy who was wondering about fostering Charlie accepted and took him home today. He really nice and seems like he knows how to handle dogs like that.
I have quit. Goodbye.
Profile pic is art of my GSD/Elkound mix, Justin. Credit to Kasezki on Deviantart.
LizzytheWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:06 pm

Do any of you have a favorite dog trainer?
I personally love Lewis Nicholls. He's very positive and puts emphasis on your relationship with your dog. I don't always agree with what he says, but that's a good thing in the dog training world, you're always debating and learning new things.

heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taiger Lilly » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:37 pm

ImageImage
My 'cute' puppy is looking rather 'interesting' right now.
Taiger Lilly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Middy. » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:49 pm

Thanks guys lol. She certainly fits in well as a farm dog, can't wait until the day I have more land and more livestock and she can be a real farm dog lol.

Day 7! Theme: Field

Kestrel's favorite activity to do in our field/pasture is agility so I thought it would fit the theme well for today!
.Middy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taurus ; » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:56 pm

Yeah, people just aren't used to seeing fit animals, dogs especially. I always get 'omg why is your pitbull so skinny, do you feed her?' I'm just like 'lol because this is what a real pitbull looks like'

Just yesterday I had someone walk up to me with a particularly sloppy looking american bully and ask me '...what kind of pitbull is THAT'...my response: 'Maybe you should be asking yourself that.'

On another note, Cooper is doing so well. I worked on his heel, which was terrible, and now he's pretty decent and only pulls when he gets those 'SQUIRREL' moments. He's such a cuddly baby!! Literally can't keep him off the bed kind of cuddle, I don't mind though.
He's been pretty well behaved, except for peeing on that old couch in the basement. Definitely wasn't mad at him since I got a reason to finally throw it out, but still scolded him because I don't want that behavior to carry over onto the good living room and den sofas.
Guess who might be getting neutered soon lol.
☆ kenya|she/her|istj|adult player
(simply vibing, that's it <3)
taurus ;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby just peachy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:06 pm

this little cutie's name is Riley! my sister is fostering him and he's the smallest thing I've ever seen. I'm babysitting my niece right now so I get to spend some time with him and I'm in love!!
just peachy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby northy. » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:14 pm

@Taiger Lilly; that SURELY can't be the same dog! She looks so different, haha. Also Yep, the teeth made me laugh a little bit. Its so crazy thought, to look back at old photos and see how much they grow up! With a cross it all the more interesting since you don't know the end result as with Flynn I have a pretty good idea.

honestly, how did this pup become
this massive boy! over 28 kilos and only 6 months! Pics aren't the best since I wanted Vida as a rough reference.

@.Middy; Your photos make my day! I can't wait to be able to (attempt) agility with Flynn or if I end up getting a rescue a couple years down the line! I love watching agility videos and your dogs are so photogenic!

SO MANY PUPPERS!!!!!

As for Vida she just got prescribed Metacam which is a pain killer for her arthritis. She's only had for about a week or so and it is doing so well! She has a lot of her mojo back and its still only early days :D I couldn't be happier with the results! Who'd believe she is gonna be 14 in november!
also still awaiting her DNA results ayyyyyyy
and some love for baby boyo flynnie
trust the power beneath you
shani : 16 may 2006 - 30th august 2019
uk | equestrian | animal lover | empty the tanks | vegetarian | memes and aesthetics
northy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Haagen-Daagen » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:01 pm

Spike had to go into the vet yesterday; his throat was swollen and really sensitive. He had an appointment for Monday, but the poor fella was super uncomfortable and his throat had swollen up even more overnight so we opted to move it up.

We are still waiting on test results, but it's his lymph nodes and the vet is thinking that it may be cancer again..I'd really appreciate it if you guys could keep him in your thoughts and/or prayers.

Do you own characters designed by me? (old username is 4dogowner) PM me! I'd love to draw art of some of my older designs, free of charge. <3
Toyhou.se
"Being courageous isn't the same as being fearless; it is doing what's right even when you're scared to death."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds."
"You are never a failure until you begin blaming your mistakes on someone else."
"Joy is a fully loaded magazine and a puppy."
Haagen-Daagen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me