LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat!

Postby vanniecuz » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:20 am

I have a female mini lop named Sylvia and I was wondering if I could train her to jump through hoops and other tricks. She loves oats so maybe I could bribe her with them LOL :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, I am Monica.
I am not very active, So if
you trade me, Do not
expect me to respond
immediately. I really like
C$, So any trades including
C$ are welcome. I love
rabbits, In fact I own one.
The type of music I like
is pop. I especially like
TobyMac and Britt Nicole.

SongxxSongxxCredit

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
vanniecuz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lincoln » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:34 am

vanniecuz wrote:I have a female mini lop named Sylvia and I was wondering if I could train her to jump through hoops and other tricks. She loves oats so maybe I could bribe her with them LOL :)

Guess what.... You CAN!!!
It's called 'agility" and its a competition that is involved with 4H...
Except they jump over obstacles called hurdles. I adopted one of my rabbits, Calvin, and he was a trained agility rabbit. He doesn't respond much to the commands anymore, but sometimes I'll look outside and see him jumping crazy high over mole hills. We let him go wherever he wants as long as he's safe. Once I woke up because he jumped onto my bed. But his physical awareness is AMAZING!
He's so beautiful, I love him.
Lincoln

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baby bunnies! » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:50 am

vanniecuz wrote:I have a female mini lop named Sylvia and I was wondering if I could train her to jump through hoops and other tricks. She loves oats so maybe I could bribe her with them LOL :)

Yep! You can. I trained my Mini Lop buck to go on his hind legs and give me kisses on the cheek as well as give me a high five. :) Sugar is a food lover so all it took to train him was a single pellet of food per trick. xD You can also train rabbits to do agility or hopping. Agility can consist of hurdles, hoop jumps, ramps, tunles, and thinks like that. Hopping is like a race with a series of jumps. There is a national club called the American Hopping Association of Rabbits and Cavies. (cavies go through mazes and such.)

Their website has great information, go and check it out and maybe become a member.
https://sites.google.com/site/americanh ... ation/home
Status/sayings: Life being consumed by rabbits and dancing.
Hi I am Baby bunnies! but you can call me BB
I love to do art. Before December 2014 all art that I did was with a mouse. I now work with a Bamboo tablet. Also please note that I expect something in return for customs, I put time into every piece.
I own rabbits! I love to show my rabbits and and have gotten many first place ribbons, a lot of Best of Breed, Best Opposite Breed, Best of Variety, & Best Opposite Variety awards. My rabbits have also gotten Reserve in Show and Best 6 class. I, personally, have gotten Reserve Champion and Grand Champion awards. I take part in Rabbit Royalty! If you have any questions about Rabbits then please ask and I shall answer as best that I can.
Info on how to properly raise rabbits and show them. Rabbit Blog
Rabbit Q&A ~ Baby bunnies! and teresa8oats

Image Image Image
Baby bunnies!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Safire•83• » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:58 pm

So serenity has continued the whimper grunt noises and I don't know how long they are supposed to last. Also I have noticed that when she hops she makes a hum like noise. Just wondering what these are :) the first sounds (grunt/whimper) ha gotten a lot more frequent and louder. She has also bitten me and my sister when we have been petting her.

Thank you guys :)
Safire•83•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daisywolf14 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:36 am

Safire•83• wrote:So serenity has continued the whimper grunt noises and I don't know how long they are supposed to last. Also I have noticed that when she hops she makes a hum like noise. Just wondering what these are :) the first sounds (grunt/whimper) ha gotten a lot more frequent and louder. She has also bitten me and my sister when we have been petting her.

Thank you guys :)

Well she might be a little upset, I have a doe due on the 21st and whenever I stick my hand in to pet her she grunts and whimpers a sign of irritation with me being in her space while other times she is completly fine.
From what I've heard humming noises are happy noises some friends of mine have bucks you do that lol.
"I love rabbits, cavies, goats, horses, steer, swine, poultry, dogs and cats"

Daisywolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gà. » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:38 pm

My doe keeps jumping out of her cage and running around, brat. I need to fix that.
Gà.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby the force awakens. » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:40 am

My mother (who I spend my summers and holidays with) has a grey Netherland dwarf named Smokey, and he's full grown and absolutely adorable.

This is a pretty accurate image of what he looks like, and i absolutely love him.
WILL FINISHWILL FINISH
▓▓▓▓▓
WHAT YOU
┌────────────────┐
xxxstarlit queenxxx
hi! my name is star
and I really like sta
r wars and cats c:
the mcu, harry pot
ter and books are
pretty cool as well!
pm me if you want
to be friends! <3

└────────────────┘
coding // somni
the force awakens.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Antelabbit » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:17 pm

I'm not a rabbit owner myself, but I've been pondering becoming one for the past few months! The only problems are 1) I'm not sure my parents can afford one, 2) I may or may not be allergic to rabbits--I'm pretty much allergic to anything with feathers or fur, and 3) I don't know if there's any veterinarians around here who specialize in them. We live in a very small town. :c But I can dream, at least. I feel like I've had a sort of connection to rabbits ever since I was little, although my closest encounter with one was my dog chasing one in the backyard. :/

I've been doing extensive research on rabbit-owning nonetheless, and despite the extensive care for the animal, I feel I'd be capable. My parents are confident that I'll outgrow my allergies someday like my dad did, so hopefully I can get a bunny sometime in the future! :3

And some fun facts about me:
-I was born in the Chinese year of the rabbit. :o
-My fursona is a jackalope.
-My favorite rabbit breed is the Belgian hare; although I have a gut feeling they're expensive. ;w;

Ayy! I'm Antelabbit. I love rabbits and all things similar. :3
Antelabbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Mean Kitty » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:23 pm

Welcome Antelabbit! Love your fursona. ;3 I hope you do get to own a bunny someday! They're great. <3

Belgian hare, interesting choice. :) I don't see a ton of those, not round here anyways. Every time I see the breeds like them though they're always chewing on their cages, fully arched breeds seem really hyper! Haha, pretty/cute though. :) My personal favorite of the fully arches breeds is probably the checkered giant. But I like my compact/commercial breeds the most. <3

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mods: My nieces are Kaylee197 and Rosie197. We sometimes share an IP.
The Mean Kitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby serl » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:28 pm

hi there! i just got a little bun from yellowdoor rabbitry. his name is Einstein ^_^ he is a dwarf lionhead and i got him today. he is calm but is sometimes really scared and he likes to sit in his litterbox without going to the bathroom in there. our cage is a bit small and empty but we are improving step by step. and he also likes to sit under his small little porch.
╔═════════════╗

kaia/serl
she | paper rad#2431
hi i'm serl <3 my special interest is
cats! currently, i'm hyperfixating on the
idolm@ster, touhou, and chicken
smoothie! i'm a big rhythm game fan
and i frequent my local arcade! i also
really love music <3 my favorite
genres are happy hardcore, denpa,
classic rock, mashcore, & vocal trance!

╚═════════════╝