LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat!

Postby The Mean Kitty » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:31 pm

Sleipnir wrote:
Daisywolf14 wrote:
I know there are also products available to deter cats and dogs from chewing on things (such as sprays) and it's possible that there might be options for rabbits as well - perhaps even remedies you can make yourself to use. I don't know anything on that topic though. My friend's kittens have decided they like chewing on slim cords (ie phone cords) so with them, we have to make sure the cords are put away when not in use and that we don't leave them unattended. It can be a bit of a pain, but better than going through 3 phone cords within two weeks again.

I think sour apple spray might work... I gave my rabbits Granny Smith apples as a treat and they got left untouched exept for one or two nibbles.

Does anyone else find it annoying when a adult enters their rabbits under their kids names in youth
When the kids don't do anything with the breeding and rabbits? I do -_-
Oh and also does anyone have any simple rabbit facts that someone that doesn't know anything
About rabbits could understand?
I have to make posters for youth fairs rabbit barn.

A.) I only show open because my stock started from some of the more well-known Rhinelander breeders, but that does bother me. It's rude and a cheap way to get a ribbon.

B.) TONS. shall I PM you a bunch of bunny facts?

Also, it seems time to breed. My does - some of the sweetest - have been snorting at me a bit recently and three have even gone so far as to box at me. Anyone else's does getting to be a bit rough with you? About ready for some babies over here.

My black Polish doe, Isabella, has been acting that way recently! And she was really sweet before. Is that why she's acting that way? I never realized that if so!
Last edited by The Mean Kitty on Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mods: My nieces are Kaylee197 and Rosie197. We sometimes share an IP.
The Mean Kitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daisywolf14 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:05 pm

PM away! Just make sure they are simple.
Well I have a doe that should be kindleing around now.
Other than that nope not really... My sr Dutch doe was looking really ready to
Breed downstairs. I bred her Saturday..
"I love rabbits, cavies, goats, horses, steer, swine, poultry, dogs and cats"

Daisywolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daisywolf14 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:45 am

Moki had five kits yesterday! Except one was born underdeveloped so I got four healthy kits hopefully all orange! My specialties for my HL are going to be wideband and tort, I don't like full extension agouti lol
EDIT: I take that back! I do like opal, lynx and chin.
I'm just sticking to two colors that work together for now.
I originaly want to breed dilutes but it was a risk since the toenail
Color gets all wonky later on, I'm just going to leave that to my leader who swears by dilutes oh well

Daisywolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sleipnir » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:00 am

Sleipnir wrote:Also, it seems time to breed. My does - some of the sweetest - have been snorting at me a bit recently and three have even gone so far as to box at me. Anyone else's does getting to be a bit rough with you? About ready for some babies over here.

My black Polish doe, Isabella, has been acting that way recently! And she was really sweet before. Is that why she's acting that way? I never realized that if so![/quote]
Possibly. It isn't uncommon for does to get a bit nasty when those hormones come into play. How old is she? And with does, cage aggression is a possibility. If she's fine when you get her out but aggressive in the cage, it's likely that she's just territorial. If she's not cage aggressive I'd try her with a buck, yes. It's that time of year! But always be careful when breeding... If she doesn't want to, things can get kinda nasty kinda fast.

Also, breeder question: Have any of you had a doe who, for whatever reason, hates a specific buck? I imagine she dislikes him because of something wrong with him. She will breed with others in the barn that same day, but absolutely will not under any circumstances breed to him. Anyone had a similar issue?
Sleipnir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baby bunnies! » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:54 am

Sleipnir wrote:Also, breeder question: Have any of you had a doe who, for whatever reason, hates a specific buck? I imagine she dislikes him because of something wrong with him. She will breed with others in the barn that same day, but absolutely will not under any circumstances breed to him. Anyone had a similar issue?

Oh yeah. I have an AmChin doe that refuses to breed with older bucks (anything older than 1 year) but she will lift if the buck is young. And her daughter is the opposite. Won't breed to young bucks, only older. So I wouldn't say for them that it is a specific buck but more specific range. I have a Giant that hates bucks and no matter how much she lifts her tail, she flattens her body making it impossible for the buck.

If you have another doe, put her with the buck to see if the response is the same. Ir not I am she he is fine, just do a health check to make sure.
Status/sayings: Life being consumed by rabbits and dancing.
Hi I am Baby bunnies! but you can call me BB
I love to do art. Before December 2014 all art that I did was with a mouse. I now work with a Bamboo tablet. Also please note that I expect something in return for customs, I put time into every piece.
I own rabbits! I love to show my rabbits and and have gotten many first place ribbons, a lot of Best of Breed, Best Opposite Breed, Best of Variety, & Best Opposite Variety awards. My rabbits have also gotten Reserve in Show and Best 6 class. I, personally, have gotten Reserve Champion and Grand Champion awards. I take part in Rabbit Royalty! If you have any questions about Rabbits then please ask and I shall answer as best that I can.
Info on how to properly raise rabbits and show them. Rabbit Blog
Rabbit Q&A ~ Baby bunnies! and teresa8oats

Image Image Image
Baby bunnies!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Petlover552 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:42 am

Oh my gosh there is this ADORABLE Lop/Dwarf rabbit I want from the petstore!!
It's like caramel dalmatian!

Image Image

xx
xx
xx
Hi, I'm Amber ♡ I have a long list of stuff I am addicted to... but I will make
it short and sweet, cuz I don't think you wanna be here all day cx
I love all animals, Spirit, Marvel shows and movies (Iron Fist, Civil War, Captain America, Ant-Man, Spider-Man), DC tv shows (Arrow, Supergirl, DC Legends of Tomorrow), and writing c:

Do you like to write? Come on over to Writer's Haven Forum!
I would love to get to know you and read your writing c:

↓ Adventurous Fiction Novel ↓
The Fire Stone
Petlover552

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daisywolf14 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:37 am

Petlover552 wrote:Oh my gosh there is this ADORABLE Lop/Dwarf rabbit I want from the petstore!!
It's like caramel dalmatian!
broken orange holland lop? possibly? I raise tort and orange holland lops :D
i have a broken orange that is the cutest right now, her name is orange 50/50.
Rabbits that have "spots" are called broken or charlie. A charlie has alot less color than a broken. There are also booted rabbits
that have too much color so they usually have socks and a chest markings.

Daisywolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sumsummer » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:49 pm

listen lets just talk about lady and the tramp like other people posted jk cats are nice i just wanna talk about all those animals out on the streets give them some water "the choice is yours" my counsoler says after morning annoutsmances :D
Last edited by sumsummer on Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sumsummer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daisywolf14 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:30 pm

sumsummer wrote:listen lets just talk about lady and the tramp like other people posted jk cats are nice i just wanna talk about all those animals out on the streets give them some water "the choice is yours" my counsoler says after morning annoutsmances :D

What? This is a rabbit owner chat...

Daisywolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lincoln » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:23 am

Ah! Guys! Angie is going to kindle in six days!
Any tips?
Lincoln

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me