LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat!

Postby Daisywolf14 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:05 am

SabertheWolf wrote:Oh ok should I be worried?

nah your fine its normal for does
"I love rabbits, cavies, goats, horses, steer, swine, poultry, dogs and cats"

Daisywolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spiderfish » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:05 am

Daisywolf14 wrote:look, they are animals i love them sooooo sooo much but still, praise for something bad is not a good way eather. we all do things a diffrant way so sorry if i offended anybody

Yeah, they're animals. That's the point. They don't have the capabilities to know why you're hurting them.
And hurting them is just gonna make them more fearful, which means more biting.

I never said to praise them for biting.
I said don't physically punish them, because they can't understand why they're being punish, or why what they're doing is wrong.

Yeah, we might 'all do things different.' But with some things, there's a right way and a wrong way.
And physical punishment s the wrong way.
And if you love them 'so so much' why do you think hurting them is acceptable?
-wip-
-wip-
-wip-
spiderfish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PeachFuzz » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:10 am

Pain introduces fear. The rabbit will not just learn that biting = pain, it will also learn that human = pain.
Flip the rabbit on its back? What!? Do you know how dangerous and terrifying that is for the rabbit??
Image Image Image
PeachFuzz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daisywolf14 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:14 am

spiderfish wrote:
Daisywolf14 wrote:look, they are animals i love them sooooo sooo much but still, praise for something bad is not a good way eather. we all do things a diffrant way so sorry if i offended anybody

Yeah, they're animals. That's the point. They don't have the capabilities to know why you're hurting them.
And hurting them is just gonna make them more fearful, which means more biting.

I never said to praise them for biting.
I said don't physically punish them, because they can't understand why they're being punish, or why what they're doing is wrong.

Yeah, we might 'all do things different.' But with some things, there's a right way and a wrong way.
And physical punishment s the wrong way.
And if you love them 'so so much' why do you think hurting them is acceptable?

Because i don't want a nasty rabbit and my methods have resulted in very very sweet rabbits! They lick me and give me kisses and will sit next to me completely calm and let me pet them. I had to deal with a new buck i got, he was nasty at first i told him who was boss now he comes to the front of the cage and wants to be petted and scratched and is a darling little guy! And yes at first they might not understand but with the pattern of 'Bite = Flick' they get it.
how would you deal with it?
Last edited by Daisywolf14 on Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daisywolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daisywolf14 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:17 am

PeachFuzz wrote:Pain introduces fear. The rabbit will not just learn that biting = pain, it will also learn that human = pain.
Flip the rabbit on its back? What!? Do you know how dangerous and terrifying that is for the rabbit??

not exactly, its a small flick engouh to feel but not to be painful. And nope not when its done alot for showing and showmanship mine are just chilled about it, two of them have been flipped over since birth and don't give a care.

Daisywolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sleipnir » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:43 am

PeachFuzz wrote:

Yeah this I don't get either... I've never known flipping a rabbit to be inherently dangerous or frightening. It's a matter of handling/mishandling... If you do it some really weird way then maybe they'll get hurt but we wouldn't be flipping thousands of rabbits over to check teeth, gender and nails if it was unsafe.

Like I said, convention. Thousands and thousands if rabbits... If we didn't realize "how dangerous and frightening that is to the rabbit," how is it possible that out of ALL those rabbits and ALL the other shows I've been to, plus the three conventions I've attended, not a single one has been hurt from flipping it on its back, not even a breed with as wild a reputation as a Checkered giant?

Anyway I suggest we move away from this topic. Rabbit show jumping. That's a good topic, speaking of convention. Gonna train mine for show jumping~
Sleipnir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daisywolf14 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:46 am

Sleipnir wrote:
PeachFuzz wrote:

Yeah this I don't get either... I've never known flipping a rabbit to be inherently dangerous or frightening. It's a matter of handling/mishandling... If you do it some really weird way then maybe they'll get hurt but we wouldn't be flipping thousands of rabbits over to check teeth, gender and nails if it was unsafe.

Like I said, convention. Thousands and thousands if rabbits... If we didn't realize "how dangerous and frightening that is to the rabbit," how is it possible that out of ALL those rabbits and ALL the other shows I've been to, plus the three conventions I've attended, not a single one has been hurt from flipping it on its back, not even a breed with as wild a reputation as a Checkered giant?

Anyway I suggest we move away from this topic. Rabbit show jumping. That's a good topic, speaking of convention. Gonna train mine for show jumping~

YES EXACTLY thank you my fellow breeder, SWEET!i was going to train my harli to jump but i just don't have much patient -_-
anyway how was convention? i did not go but im hopeing to go 2015 and for sure 2016 in del mar

Daisywolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PeachFuzz » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:52 am

I wasn't referring to turning a rabbit over gently for nails/sexing/etc. I was thinking about grabbing a rabbit and flipping it on its back as a punishment.
Image Image Image
PeachFuzz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Daisywolf14 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:53 am

PeachFuzz wrote:I wasn't referring to turning a rabbit over gently for nails/sexing/etc. I was thinking about grabbing a rabbit and flipping it on its back as a punishment.

oh no no i'd never do that in that way, just the same way for care.

Daisywolf14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sleipnir » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:55 am

Convention was decent. Couldn't win a raffle for the life of me, and the space between rows was only about 3ft, and the bedding was terrible(I pulled a chunk of wood out of One rabbit's bedding!), but decent. I did well :3
Sleipnir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me