Snakes

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Snakes

Postby Hellagia » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:31 pm

LOL you and me both. XD

I was just watching a documentary mainly because it had snakes on it. And I had to turn off the TV. >_> The person was talking about snakes being "instinct driven, always wild, cannot be tame" and Tegus being a very vicious bloodthirsty carnivor. Tegus are capable of being affectionate, loving creatures, and snakes can bond and tame, as is evidence by the fact that Gucci curled into a tight ball when I was handing her around the vet-assistant class. Five people held her, and once she got back in my hands, she uncurled, hesitated, then moved to hide under my shirt collar.
People thinking that reptiles (namely snakes) are too stupid or simple to experience love and bonding really makes me mad. Snakes think of everything. Even Revenge. When I tickle Carmi or Gucci, they'll eventually return the favor by sticking their noses in my ear and flicking their tongues! (Think "Hiss! Stop hissing in my ear!" from Disneys animated Robin Hood.)
Last edited by Hellagia on Mon November 9, 66174026 BCE 12:01 AM, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Look, a shooting star! Make a wish. Wait, why is it getting bigger.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hellagia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hellagia » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:14 pm

Went to the pet store earlier today... It's a GOOD THING their snakes are so expensive at this local pet store...

They have itty bitty teeny tiny baby cornsnakes and bitty teeny garter snakes and a rainbow boa so small she had to cut its pinky in half! X3 And I got to hold it! Oh it's so CUUUUUUTE! My ultimate dream is to own a rainbow boa of some sort (Peruvian or Brazilian preferably, as I looooove the prism scales) but I'm going to make sure I can take good care of lower-maintenance snakes before I go for them. XD

This is actually from a few months ago, but this is still what I do when I see the baby albino gartersnakes. XD (This much squealing over snakes is so not normal. XD)

http://s455.photobucket.com/albums/qq27 ... eeeees.mp4

(And don't worry, they're in a better cage now that isn't cracked. XD)
Last edited by Hellagia on Mon November 9, 66174026 BCE 12:01 AM, edited 0 times in total.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hellagia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Masquerade » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:33 am

Okay, really happy news for me right now since I am the one who made this thread.

I'm on vacation now, but when I get back home my dad is considering on letting me buy this baby albino king snake saw at an exotic pet store. Either that or a hedge hog if they are easy to care for. But this I made this place, and it's all about snakes, then I thought I should post that I may be getting a snake of my own. I researched alot on king snakes, though extra tips would help out alot.
hello!! i am retired, but feel free to message me if you ever need some help <3
Helpful links for New Members!
Adopt a Newbie - Newbie Guide & Index - Help Tickets - GHAA: Free Pets for Newbies
Lady Masquerade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hellagia » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:57 pm

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE albinosnakeFTW!!!!

*is not only a snake lover, but also has a strange fascination/fixation/adoration for any and all things albino*

Yyyyeeeeessssssssss!!!!!!!

Hellagia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Masquerade » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:26 am

Odhran the Veridion wrote:EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE albinosnakeFTW!!!!

*is not only a snake lover, but also has a strange fascination/fixation/adoration for any and all things albino*

Yyyyeeeeessssssssss!!!!!!!

You love albino too? -High Fives- I'm so glad someone else does! I loooove albino, so an albino snake would be a dream come true. *Has an albino fursona*
Adopt a Newbie - Newbie Guide & Index - Help Tickets - GHAA: Free Pets for Newbies
Lady Masquerade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MoonfallTheFox » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:47 am

I love albino snakes, they are simply STUNNING. <333

User: Moonfallthefox
Why you want to join: I love snakes. So much. It cannot be healthy.
Do you have a snake: Yes, a sand boa. I haven't named it yet, we are trying to sex it still.
Password: Sliver

I just got the sand boa, it is my first "real" snake- I have had a gopher snake before. My parents would never let me get a snake but I've wanted one since I was a little kid and I finally got one!
Moonfall // He/Him // ©
"No one deserves my world quite like you do
And it's true, I hate everything but you."
Amigo The Devil
Gif by BronzeHalo
MoonfallTheFox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hellagia » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:30 am

Yus! Albinos are awesome. XD I have so many albino characters. o_o;

Mark, CelticGhost, Damien, Xethoura, Tyrr, Lucky, Silbernacht, Mabon (naga), Hanif (naga), Argon (weird albino, long story), Kala (who is one of my oldest characters actually, I made him when I was 7), and Khey/Origin (uhm, Khey technically, but Origin in the end, complicated backstory).

Fintan, Frix, Frost, Azuel, Illusory, Kyran, and Schemata are not technically albinos, but they are mostly white. You could call Schem an albino, but really he's just a bleached prototype android so that doesn't really count. XD;

(And yes. I have too many characters. T_T I had to make a list to remember them all.)

ETA: *waves at Moonfall* Isn't it great to have a snake-lover-thread? :D *tailwag*

Hellagia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MoonfallTheFox » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:11 pm

Yes, it is<33

*wriggles*

I'm pretty sure my sand boa is a girl..not sure what to name her. Here's a couple of my ideas.

Dreams that make you cry (Dream)
Beautiful Obscenity (curses)
Lonely eternity (eternity)

What do you guys think?
Moonfall // He/Him // ©
"No one deserves my world quite like you do
And it's true, I hate everything but you."
Amigo The Devil
Gif by BronzeHalo
MoonfallTheFox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Placebo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:36 pm

plepore37 wrote:
Okay, really happy news for me right now since I am the one who made this thread.

I'm on vacation now, but when I get back home my dad is considering on letting me buy this baby albino king snake saw at an exotic pet store. Either that or a hedge hog if they are easy to care for. But this I made this place, and it's all about snakes, then I thought I should post that I may be getting a snake of my own. I researched alot on king snakes, though extra tips would help out alot.

Hmm, Kingsnakes I haven't had a lot of decent experiences with them. XD 90% of the ones I've handled/seen think they are mini-cobras. Bite many times in a row, and they musk everywhere. At least their musk doesn't smell as bad as rat snake musk. *vomits in mouth a bit*. But, if you really want a king, then I'd say go for it. There are some that calm down very easily with enough handling, and some that just like to taste you every time they can. Good luck!

As for albinos, =] I just adopted a 9' albino burmese python. I've named her Bumble Bee. XD

Oh! At the show last weekend, I got a female baby African Rock Python, I've named her Ursula. Plus a male baby ball python who was a sibling to a 'mystic' morph. I've named him Severus. :3

This is Bumble Bee. I wass fostering her, but I fell in love..
Attachments
IMG00509-20110710-0058.jpg
IMG00509-20110710-0058.jpg (46.64 KiB) Viewed 38 times

I welcome all trades.

I am an avid gift bomber!
People gifted: 457
The Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Masquerade » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Accepted!

I'm not sure if I'm actully going to get the snake, but my dad said he's going to let me get a pet, so we are going to look into it. I know I'm wanting a snake, so if I don't pick the king snake, what other types do you think would be good? For the snakes that you're suggesting, please make sure they can eat frozen mice and what not. I can't watch my snake eat a live mouse.
Lady Masquerade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me