Thoughts about pitbulls/pit chat!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Click if you ...

Are scared of them
9%
Would own one
60%
Have one
19%
Know anyone who has one?
13%

Total votes : 998

Re: Thoughts about pitbulls

Postby Pastasquid » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:18 am

:shock: Right... I am talking about the fact dogs CAN be aggrssive towards dogs AND people. I never said they were connceted and I never said that if a dog is aggressive to another that it's pepole aggressive. I am saying that there is a chance that the dog can be both, not that thats what it MUST be. I know that they arn't linked etc but thats not what I was talking about *sigh*
Pastasquid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pastasquid » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:21 am

And also they can be dog and human aggressive btw. I know dogs like that. I don't think you realise that they can be, it's not CERTAIN but they still can be. There.
Pastasquid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jazi » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:38 am

Dakonic knows that... she works with these dogs on a daily basis.

Dogs can be dog aggressive or human aggressive. Dogs that are dog aggressive are not necessarily human aggressive. Dogs that are human aggressive are not necessarily dog aggressive. They're two different things. All dogs can be a combination or neither, regardless of breed and upbringing.
Jazi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saracirce » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:41 am

loveheart307 wrote:And also they can be dog and human aggressive btw. I know dogs like that. I don't think you realise that they can be, it's not CERTAIN but they still can be. There.

I JUST SAID MY DOG WAS. Maybe you didn't see it so I'll quote my previous post and bold that part for you.

Yeah, and I have a dog that's human and dog AND possessive aggressive. Why? Because she's insecure and she's learned that by growling and nipping at what she's afraid of, it'll go away, and that growling at someone whose trying to take away something she wants will make them back off. That doesn't mean that all three of those things are connected to each other. A dog can be dog aggressive without being human aggressive and vice versa.

Still think I don't think dogs can have more then one type of aggression?
"Only ignorance! Only ignorance! How can you talk about only ignorance? Don't you know that it is the worst thing in the world, next to wickedness? - and which does the most mischief, heaven only knows. If people can say 'Oh! I did not know, I did not mean any harm,' they think it is all right."
~ Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
Saracirce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pastasquid » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:09 am

They can and thats all I'm saying, my dog is he doesn't like dogs and baks at them and slightly growls and he barks at people. He's not biting aggressive but he just doesn't like them. So yes, there can be a chance they are bth. And sorry about missing out your dog thing :)
Thats all I have to say, I've proven my point and thats that. ALso I didn't say they were connected, at least I never meant that. I have no idea what you were talking about when you said theywere connected :) Sorry :lol: :) Ok? :)
Pastasquid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lilium900 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:43 pm

I for one, have never been with a p-bull (not for long at least) but I believe that when I walk home from school some people have one with them maybe its a different breed idol but my friend has been around pitbulls and says there presous (spell fail) littel things.
Lilium900

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Laine » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:25 pm

I love them.
All the pitbulls I've ever met have been AMAZING sweet dogs, because they have loving owners.

This whole "ERMAHGERD AGGRESSIVE BREED" has happened to so many breeds before, and it eventually dies out.
Hopefully people will learn to leave pitbulls alone.
I mean, back in the day people even used pitbulls to babysit children. Aggressive breed, yeah right.
Attention: Generous souls of CS!
My little brother's 13th birthday is May 10th, and since he loves this site so much, I wanted to do something special for him!
I'd like to surprise him with a truckload of pets!
(Alas, since I'm a newbie myself, I could really use some help.)
I'll accept any and all donations (items included) and all will go to the birthday present folder for my brother. I'll keep track of who donated what, because I'm sure my brother would want to thank you for your generosity.

I hope you'll help me make it a special Chicken Smoothie birthday for him! <3
Laine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Cat » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:15 am

IAmLink wrote:Pitties and other bully breeds definitely are misunderstood dogs. They can be very sweet and gentle, but they need the proper amounts of training and socialization for it's breed.

That being said, I also feel that, in some ways, pitts are way over-rated. I've seen tons of people, not necessarily on this site, who are ALL for pitts and other bully breeds and saying how great they are, and yet they bash on other breeds like Chow Chows, GSDs, and Dobes and give them the same unfair stereotypes that they try to dispel on pitts.

I also personally don't think I will own a bully breed (cept maybe a Bull Terrier xP). I have nothing against bully breeds themselves, I just personally don't like the look of a pitt or other bullys, just not my cup of tea ;3

Totally agree. The dogs are NEVER bad, it's the owner. Whoever taught them to be bad.
Best of wishes
The Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Katnchainz » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:11 am

I haven't posted much on here lately, but I figure I'll post my opinion.

I love all dog breeds, but the APBT, American Pit Bull Terrier, is my favorite by far. What they were bred to do caused them to be an overall healthy and able dog. They ARE capable of most, if not all dog sports, and capable of excelling in them. They were also bred to adore humans, especially children, and many are known to be amazing with kids. Intelligence is also a key factor in these dogs, and their willingness to learn and please their owner.

That being said, they do have their cons, as with all dogs and all breeds actually. They tend to be dog aggressive, no matter how you raise them sometimes, or human aggressive, or even both. They are also VERY stubborn, and that WILL be a challenge for a first time dog owner, so I would advise a lot of research before bringing one into your home.

I have an APBT, a male named Ace. Ace is loving, loyal, and a big clown. He wakes me up every morning by nudging me gently with his nose and licking my face. He's very intelligent, learning most new tricks in a couple of sessions. He loves children, and my nephew is able to lay all over him without him getting upset or stressed at all. But he does have his downsides. He's scared of large strange men, strange dogs, and loud noises. He reacts in an aggressive way, though he's been all bark and no bite. Why? Because when he reacts this way, I either take him away from what he's scared of, or I take whatever he's scared of away from him. I'm actually working the BAT system with him for strange dogs and people on walks, (even though he is great with most people) to help him feel more secure around them. It's worked to the point where I was able to walk with him calmly past a house with a barking dog and puppy, across the street.

Enough about that. Just because they're aggressive, doesn't always mean they were trained to be that way. I have never given him anything but love, and I in fact worked on socializing him when he was younger. Nor does it mean you can't help the dog in any way either just because he/she's a pitbull. Dogs need to be thought of as a dog first, before they're thought of what breed they are.

Pitbulls are a challenge, but also a real treat. I know I wouldn't give up mine for the world, despite what I have to work through with him. I don't recommend them for everyone, but they can be the best dog you've ever had if you are prepared and willing to work through all of their faults.

Also, I read on one of the first pages that Pitbull advocates demonize other dogs. I love all dogs. The APBT is my favorite, but I wouldn't turn away any other breed no matter what. ;)
Image ImageImage Image
Currently Looking for Lions and Bunnies that I don't have. Offer trades please.
Katnchainz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby greenwolf1998 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:15 am

In my opinion, pitbulls are wonderful dogs. Any dog can be aggressive and quite a lot of the time, its the owners fault. Also, you can have a pitbull in the UK if it is muzzled,wears a lead, is neutered, is registered, microchipped and insured.
Will Trade...
Image or C$60 for Image
greenwolf1998

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me