Fish Lovers 3.0 [new poll]

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

The members list is getting long. Should I change the way it's set up?

Yes, only list people's usernames
25%
Yes, only list people's usernames and the species of fish they own
60%
No, I like it the way it is
14%
Other (PM me with your idea)
2%

Total votes : 502

Re: Fish Lovers 3.0 [new poll]

Postby Alpen » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:23 am

@Polly44 GOSH I LOVE THAT BONSAI SO FRICKEN MUCH does your store have a website? I am wanting to get into growing moss sometime soon hopefully @_@

@Siddy http://aqadvisor.com is pretty good to see how well your stock is! I have a 20gal hex as well (mine is stocked 106% currently BUT i am adamant about water changes + corys are going into betta tanks once they are out of quarantine)

my tetras are literal buttholes and have been picking on a few of them so i think they'll prefer being with a betta anyway ): i have 4 betta tanks so hopefully i can find a betta that is ok with some tankmates. i also have a 20 gal long i could make up, just no water in it currently and i had planned for some dwarf crayfish for that one ;_; GOTTA HELP MY CORY BABIES THO

i got my shipment of my betta from thailand but unfortunately he was DOA and looked like he died in transit. he wasn't left out in the cold but his heatpack wasn't even warm and his water was super duper cloudy. lost $25 just for shipping but oh well lmao /: i can get a refund on the fish thankfully. will probably not order another one from thailand until the spring/summer

i have been on reddit under /r/aquaswap and have found a buuuuuuunch of sellers for plants and things, i think once i get the money i'm going to order a few of those. i need to stock the HECK out of my tanks, i want them all big and beautiful ):<
Alpen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EresTheRat » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:37 pm

Username: [url=account link]Betta_Frida[/url]
How many fish tanks do you have: 6 (40gb, 20gl, 15g, 10g, 5g, 4g)
Types of fish that you have: 2 fancy goldfish, 12 female bettas, 2 male bettas, 6 emerald catfish, 1 axolotl
Your fishs' names: Goldfish: Gale and Georgie - Female Bettas: Boba, Kyu, Asia, Belle, Gretta, Paying, Yumi, Aiko, Kirumi, Kai, Chisai, and Zara - Male Bettas: Denver and Winston - Axolotl: Etta
How long have you had fish: 7 months. I'm a newbie, but that certainly doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing :)
EresTheRat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MapleNeko » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:43 am

Omg another axolotl owner! what morph?
╔════════════════════════════════╗
▰▰ My WME Herd ▰▰
Click us!
ImageImageImageImage

Hey there! my names Mapleneko and im your typical Uni student <3 I absolutely adore animals with anything aquatic, feathered or feline being my favorite! I'm an Axolotl mom and breeder so please feel free to msg me if you want to know more about the silly critters.
Entomology Minor (bugs are life)
the anime is Akatsuki no Yona btw!

╚═══════════════════════════════╝
MapleNeko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Polly44 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:08 am

Alpen wrote:@Polly44 GOSH I LOVE THAT BONSAI SO FRICKEN MUCH does your store have a website? I am wanting to get into growing moss sometime soon hopefully @_@

Thanks! :D I'm very pleased with it. Keeping on top of all those moss balls might be a pain though. They already looks like they need a clean. Though i think that might be because i stirred it all up when i put it in there.
And we don't actually, but we have a Facebook page- PM me if you want to know it.
Ah, moss is cool. Though it gets in the way a lot, hah. I love seeing the different types, though half of them look the same. xD
Polly44

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EresTheRat » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:27 am

MapleNeko wrote:Omg another axolotl owner! what morph?

I believe she's a Wild Type, but she has these beautiful, bright green eyes that really throw me off. She's such a cutie.
I only got her two days ago, though! I'm a pretty new axolotl mom.
EresTheRat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MapleNeko » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:47 am

Betta_Frida wrote:

I believe she's a Wild Type, but she has these beautiful, bright green eyes that really throw me off. She's such a cutie.

Green eyes would mean she carries the GFP gene, dont mind me nerding out over here xD I breed and own axolotls so i always get excited to meet other people with them, whats her substate shes on and diet like?
▰▰ My WME Herd ▰▰
Click us!
ImageImageImageImage

Hey there! my names Mapleneko and im your typical Uni student <3 I absolutely adore animals with anything aquatic, feathered or feline being my favorite! I'm an Axolotl mom and breeder so please feel free to msg me if you want to know more about the silly critters.

MapleNeko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EresTheRat » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:16 am

MapleNeko wrote:
Betta_Frida wrote:

Green eyes would mean she carries the GFP gene, dont mind me nerding out over here xD I breed and own axolotls so i always get excited to meet other people with them, whats her substate shes on and diet like?

Aha! I thought she might carry the GFP gene but I didn't want to say it in case I was horribly wrong. I happened to have some fine black sand leftover from my other tanks so I'm using that for now. I wanted a lighter color but hey, the less money I spend buying new things the better. I've been giving her earthworms these past few days, but definitely want to diversify things in the future.
EresTheRat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MapleNeko » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:25 am

Sounds perfect! And tbh earthworms are the best all the time xD giving them a little diversity never hurts but its hard to beat earthworms in the form of nutrition. and yeah the GFP is an ultimate fascination of mine, just got my hands on a pair of GFP lucy juveniles and super happy with them so far.
▰▰ My WME Herd ▰▰
Click us!
ImageImageImageImage

MapleNeko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fluffycat6 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:59 am

How many gallons is your tank?: 67
Number and Type of fish in tank: 7 sterbai cories, 9 rummynose tetras, 1 bristlenose pleco, 3 mystery snails, 2 juvenile angelfish
How long has it been running?: since August
Did you cycle it?: yes
If possible what are the ammonia nitrite and nitrate levels?: I’m not sure how accurate it is but we have a seachem ammonia detector and it says no ammonia. Tested the nitrates yesterday and they were 10-20, so we did a 30-40% water change today. I doubt there are nitrites because it’s been running for a while.
Does it have a heater? yes
If it has a thermometer, what is the water temperature? 78 degrees Fahrenheit
What is the issue or question?: my smaller angelfish has been acting quite lethargic for the past week or two, he just sits on the gravel all day. Sometimes he’ll come up for food, sometimes he won’t. Looking at some pictures I took a while ago, his colour is much duller.
Any other information?: I don’t think it’s the water because all the other fish are doing fine, he’s the only one acting strange. I turned the heater up to try to get it to 80 but it’s still at 78. Do you think adding Indian almond leaves would help?

Thanks so much for any help, I’m not sure what to do

I’ll try to post photos later
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image please click!
fluffycat6

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yetzali » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:49 pm

x

hello ! i was wondering if i could get a second opinion on what this is?
      my first thought was weeping moss. months and months ago, i got a
      handful of subwassertang from a tank at a store, there were other
      plants in the tank too, so it would of hitched a ride with that.

thank you!
xImage
sarah
infj
she/they
pm me for dog pictures
yetzali

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes