Snakes

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Snakes

Postby HunajaVeri » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:07 am

Hey! I don't have a snake, but I have just one question. When you got your first snake, were you first afraid to pick it up or like touch it? Bc I would love to have a snake, but I'm little scared to touch them. I know sounds ridiculous.
HunajaVeri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snowdrake » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:17 am

so, I have recently noticed that although my corn kaa is 8 years now, he still has a babyface. you know, he looks a lot younger than he should be? idk why, he eats and sheds normally, so that can't be it. maybe he's just a dwarf lmao

to put it in perspective, most corns that I know have a beefy head like this, while he looks like this. is this normal or is this weird? he's about 150cm long if that helps!
things just got a lot more relaxed for me, I'll be able to be online more often! responses still won't be instant most times, sorry </3
snowdrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chaotic_Affection » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:17 pm

.*✦ kirin wrote:
    -snip-

Not weird at all! He’s still young and has plenty of room to grow still. He’s absolutely precious btw! <3
Chaotic_Affection

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sullivanish » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:43 am

Hey snake owners! Anyone have a plains hognose?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
xImage
x
x
x
x
x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
any pronouns

xx
androgyne

xx
sullivan

xx
adhd/autism
sullivanish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby i-m-snek » Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:48 am

Just wanted to show off my newest girl, Crunchwrap Supreme, watching me draw her portrait :)
i-m-snek

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MonocerosRex » Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:57 am

I was curious to see if there was a snake thread; and decided to check the pet forum. Wouldn't you know it...

I went and copy/pasted the "form" just because. Maybe I'll post some photos of my snakes later.

User: MonocerosRex

Why you want to join: Snakes, of course! I enjoy them immensely and keep quite a few, mostly colubrids. I've recently started breeding them, but I've been into the Herp hobby for awhile. I'm a member of USARK and suggest anyone who keeps reptiles to look into them, as they work to help and fight for the Reptile Hobby against policies that can negatively impact responsible keepers.

Do you have a snake? Yes. As mentioned above, I have "a few". Various morphs of Cornsnakes, California Kingsnakes and Florida Kingsnakes...a pair of Black Pines, a pair of Applegate Albino San Diego Gopher Snakes, a Christmas Morph Gopher, Judgey my Kingsville Red Bull Snake...and Ghost, my Blue Eyed Leucistic (BEL) Ball Python. I also have a Falcon Line Extreme Ghost Vanishing Pattern Honduran Milksnake who I'm tentatively looking to get a partner for, preferably a Hypo Tangerine with VP and het Anery so I can have two different morphs. I've also considered getting a pair of MBKs...but there is quite the saturation of them. I also think Hognose are cute - but wouldn't get into breeding them but maybe a pet down the line. I had a normal het albino years back when they only cost $50 bucks...ha. Time's have changed as a normal is well over $200 now a days.😱 I think Cornsnakes are far more variable with their morphs, personally. If I could, I would look into a Blood Python, a Morelia (Jaguar Carpet Python) or a IMG Jungle Motley Boa or Black Devil...the one's that get really black. Not very comfortable with the larger snakes(Retics and Burms), but I think they are beautiful nonetheless. Since I live alone, it's usually not wise to handle the really big ones by yourself - so I'd rather not take the chance even with snake hook training. Dems stronky sneks! Lol...

I've considered breeding Ghost, but as it stands there are so many Ball Pythons out there and they aren't exactly the easiest snake to start with if you aren't prepared for their food strikes and humidity needs.

My pair of Pewter Corns are probably closest to Silver that I have.😉
["What if all the costs are Even?"]
Old member. Off and on availability.
Only interested in trades from wishlist collections, and hierarchy of personal likes.
Unicorns, Otters, Snakes, Dragons, Dinosaurs are my primary emphasis at the moment, but possible bulk trades to fill collections I've missed over time for my rarer pets, I will consider.
MonocerosRex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jun. » Thu May 11, 2023 6:20 am

So I found an adult bold jumping spider today that can't jump so I'm planning to keep it, would it be ok to put it in my rosy boas bioactive enclosure ?
I have isopods and springtails in there, but they mostly stay underground since it's hot and dry on the surface so theoretically they'd be safe
Is it ok, or would it I be better off in it's own space ?
Yo, I'm Jun--I'm into cats
pomeranians and kpop
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DA
Currently listening to:
DPR Ian
Jun.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ☆Eclipse'Moon☆ » Thu Jun 15, 2023 12:38 pm

I have beautiful Cornsnake :3

His name is Toby, and this is random but he has a mustache marking on his nose :D

If the crown fits, wear it.
☆Eclipse'Moon☆

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meoauniaea » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:32 am

I've been working with snakes my whole life. I'm hoping to eventually move and return to the hobby (current landlord is a massive ophidiophobe), and I'm torn as to what I'll work with when I can.

I'm actually looking into the Children's Python, which seems like a possible fit for me! It'd be cool to do something less common than the royals I am used to.

Species I am not doing:
Rosy Boas (my nose has never forgiven the last one I handled)
Hognoses (anaphylactic reactions to them run in my family)
Monocled Cobras (because I've worked with them extensively but don't love them)

Species I am still researching:
Ratsnakes (There's a local breeder!)
Brazilian Rainbow Boa (They look really cool and I've got the experience needed to consider them.)
Palmetto Cornsnake (Underrated as heck!)
Garter Snakes (They look really fun, and I love the colors. I'm just trying to find a local food source to give them the variety they require if I were to get a few. I also love that you can cohab them, which isn't common.)
Children's Pythons (The lack of color doesn't appeal to me but they seem really cool.)

You can call me Hadley, that's fine too.
How to say my username (and the meaning)
Toyhou.se || Flight Rising || Pixpet || Final Outpost || PFQ
Discord: redfailhawk

Lilypad won her AKC CGC title on 10/18/23!
Lilypad won her CGCA title on 11/8/23!

NaNoWriMo Winner:
2018-2019-2020-2021-2022-2023
Meoauniaea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sumshines » Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:10 pm

I don't own any snakes, but I'd love to someday! I used to go to the creek and catch them when I was a kid and loved to play with them. That's where my love for them started. I've visited some pet stores and held some ball pythons that I thought were just absolutely adorable. I wish I could afford to buy brightly colored ones like banana ball pythons or ones with the fancy names that I can't remember lol
I love snakes, they're so sweet and docile when they're fed well and handled with care!
Sumshines

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me