Reptiles - Geckos, Lizards, Snakes, and Turtles!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Reptiles - Geckos, Lizards, Snakes, and Turtles!

Postby rose; » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:56 pm

~LunarWolf~ wrote:
This is an updated picture of my Iryan Jaya blue tongue, Kypka. She's so awesome :D

I just got an irian jaya on monday! :) they're delightful
rose;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby web. » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:32 am

I've had my Leopard Gecko for about 6 months, and he's gotten so big. I'm possibly getting another Leopard Gecko for Christmas (separate tanks) and I'm really excited! I was wondering if anyone knew the morph of Merlin, or a guess at the morph? I figured he's just a yellow jungle leo, but he has some different colors on his tail.
Attachments
4458.jpeg
4458.jpeg (107.85 KiB) Viewed 173 times
web.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Senbonzakura » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:43 am

I have a Bearded Dragon named Flash! He was a school pet but I got to take him home and be his new owner!

Here he is!

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
Senbonzakura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DoubleONothing » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:06 pm

@napola
My lizard's name is Merlin too! It's such a cool name! (He's a blue lounged skink though so a little bit different :P )
DoubleONothing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Crum » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:16 am

How many square feet is recommended for 2 leopard geckos? I plan on making a custom background/decor in a 20 long, with 2 levels, basically making the entire tank around 4-5 square feet. I already have 1 6 year old gecko, very friendly, always sleeping, hand fed. I believe its a female. Could I get a second, if I let it grow out in a smaller tank and introduce it to my gecko slowly?
Crum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rose; » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:28 am

Crum wrote:How many square feet is recommended for 2 leopard geckos? I plan on making a custom background/decor in a 20 long, with 2 levels, basically making the entire tank around 4-5 square feet. I already have 1 6 year old gecko, very friendly, always sleeping, hand fed. I believe its a female. Could I get a second, if I let it grow out in a smaller tank and introduce it to my gecko slowly?

It's really not recommended, as there's no point in taking the risk that they will fight. Whether or not they do it immediately or years down the road. Especially if you'd have a second tank set up anyway
rose;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CSF » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:33 am

control wrote:
Crum wrote:How many square feet is recommended for 2 leopard geckos? I plan on making a custom background/decor in a 20 long, with 2 levels, basically making the entire tank around 4-5 square feet. I already have 1 6 year old gecko, very friendly, always sleeping, hand fed. I believe its a female. Could I get a second, if I let it grow out in a smaller tank and introduce it to my gecko slowly?

It's really not recommended, as there's no point in taking the risk that they will fight. Whether or not they do it immediately or years down the road. Especially if you'd have a second tank set up anyway

I agree with control. They are solitary animals and only view each other as competition. Any "cuddling" or sleeping together on the same spot is them trying to show dominance over the other. I also wouldn't want to risk the health of my leo or the health of another. They could seem fine one day but you never know when they will snap at each other.
CSF

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cardboardteeth » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:40 am

can two female leos be kept together? one of my friends has two girls in a tank and I told her I don't think they should be together but would ask first.
mokiemeekie is my sister
very very inactive
cardboardteeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kivr & fireflii » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:32 am

I would not recommend keeping two leopard geckos together.
-fireflii
kivr centers | fireflii signs
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CSF » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:41 pm

rhil wrote:
can two female leos be kept together? one of my friends has two girls in a tank and I told her I don't think they should be together but would ask first.

No, regardless of if they're male or female they shouldn't be kept together. They are solitary animals and only view each other as competition. Please read my previous post above :)
CSF

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me