LOCK? DELETE? OLD Rabbit Owners- NEW LINK INSIDE

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Rabbit Owner Chat!

Postby Snowytoshi » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:33 pm

DaniVik wrote:
love8188 wrote:my bunny is about 4months,we have had is sines it was 8weeks.but it chases our cat wich would love to eat it but have traned it not to.why would my bunny chase the cat?

I think it chases the cat because it don´t know that its a cat and it´s dangerous. He or she just think: "Hey, this is my room! Get out!" It´s very tipically for rabbits, they are very special with their "own room" (this could be their cage, your garden or you complete house...)

It may not even be territorial. Our rabbits simply want to play, as they come binkying over to our cats without a care in the world. The cats are terrified of them, so we just let them do it :lol:
Snowytoshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ZORAGON » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:36 pm

DaniVik wrote:
ZORAGON wrote:Need some help with making a Pedigree for my rabbit. Please only answer if you have experience with doing pedigrees thanks :thumbup:

Ok so I have a litter of Netherland dwarfs bunnies Both there parents have pedigrees, so what I want to know is how do I go about typing up pedigrees for the babies? I noticed that there are 15 rabbits listed on the pedigree which is 3th gen. I'm confused a bit how to I combined 2 pedigrees into one.

I´m not breeding, but I´m very interested in that and me new rabbit has a pedigree too. I make an example with my one, maybe it could help you:
Saphier is the mother from Saira. Saira is the mum from Salomon. The father from Salomon is Polarsturm.
So his pedigree is something like this:

Salomon
Polarsturm | Saira
? | ? | ? | Saphier

Then there is Pepsy. Pepsys mother is Polarlicht and her father is Schneeball. So it´s:

Pepsy
Schneeball | Polarlicht

Now this is the pedigree of my rabbit Princess (her father is Salomon and her mother is Pepsy):

Princess
Salomon Pepsy
Polarsturm | Saira Schneeball | Polarlicht
? | ? | ? | Saphier ? | ? | ? | ?

But the complete pedigree has more information...
You could do the pedigree like that:

name from the baby-bunny
breed
colour
tattoos or something
birthday
breeder

left: the same for the father
right: the same for the mother

left from the father: the father from the father
and so on

Is this what you would like to know?
If you like I could scan the pedigree from Princess, but it´s a german one ;)

best wishes,
Daniela

Well that's not really what I was looking for but thanks anyway, ;)
ZORAGON

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby love8188 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:50 pm

thank you DaniVik,Snowytoshi
thank you for the help but i think it is neather of those but i could be rong,when she chases the cat she gose and sits under the cat then the cat gets up and walks away then the bunny runs after her.the cat ather leaves or hits the bunny then leaves so thease 2 iderse dont sound right
love8188

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kickin' up dirt » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:52 pm

6 out of 7 baby rabbits died. It was the mothers first time. We can the survivor inside by a heater and we are feeding it kitten milk. I hope it lives. My sister also got a baby named Bruno today. Sorry if I missed posts.
Kickin' up dirt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tiata » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:03 pm

Kickin' up dirt wrote:6 out of 7 baby rabbits died. It was the mothers first time. We can the survivor inside by a heater and we are feeding it kitten milk. I hope it lives. My sister also got a baby named Bruno today. Sorry if I missed posts.

I pray for your baby bun!
❤ You will forever be in my heart ❤

You have no right to use this gif without my written permission
tiata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Barron » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:08 pm

Kickin' up dirt wrote:6 out of 7 baby rabbits died. It was the mothers first time. We can the survivor inside by a heater and we are feeding it kitten milk. I hope it lives. My sister also got a baby named Bruno today. Sorry if I missed posts.

You can hold the mother over the baby and the baby should nurse.The mother rabbit won't be very happy about you holding her, but she'll be ok. The baby only needs to be fed once or twice a day. And kept warm of course a nice soft blaket and a heater and/or light will work. If you have any other question let me know?

To me, horses and freedom are synonymous.

Barron 1986~2016
Barron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueHeart ❤ » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:01 pm

Barron wrote:

You can hold the mother over the baby and the baby should nurse.The mother rabbit won't be very happy about you holding her, but she'll be ok. The baby only needs to be fed once or twice a day. And kept warm of course a nice soft blaket and a heater and/or light will work. If you have any other question let me know?

True, but Kitten milk replacer is fine so long as you only feed TWICE a-day. No more. Also later at night/early morning is the best time.
Overfeeding can be a killer so don't feed more than twice a day.
━━━━━━━━━━━━
𝕁𝕖𝕤𝕤 ∾ 𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕙𝕠𝕓𝕓𝕪𝕚𝕤𝕥/𝕨𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕖𝕣
formally known as MoggyWolf

active ∾ PM's always welcome

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Characters Art Shop
━━━━━━━━━━━━
Sig art by: Me!
BlueHeart ❤

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kickin' up dirt » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:07 pm

Thanks guys! :)
Kickin' up dirt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaniVik » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:07 am

ZORAGON wrote:Well that's not really what I was looking for but thanks anyway, ;)

What are you looking for exactly? Maybe I could help, I know some rabbit breeders and I can aks them if I don´t know it ;)
Image & Kiano
DaniVik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ZORAGON » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:48 am

DaniVik wrote:
ZORAGON wrote:Well that's not really what I was looking for but thanks anyway, ;)

What are you looking for exactly? Maybe I could help, I know some rabbit breeders and I can aks them if I don´t know it ;)

I need to find out how to put two lineages together, Keyestawren helped me with this but I would like to if there is a easier way.

I know how to read lineages so that's not the problem. See the doe has 15 rabbits on her lineage and the Sire also has 15 rabbits on his. So would that mean that the kits would have a total of 30 rabbits one the lineage? If so would it be required for me to that for the lineage to be valid? I mean if that's what I have to do then I guess I'll have to do it as I charge more for rabbits with pedigrees. I just want to make sure because I've only seen one rabbits pedigree that had more then 15 on it so I want to make sure I do them right. :thumbup:
ZORAGON

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me