Dog Owner Chat v3 ~Open!~

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dawg Owner Chat v3 ~Open!~

Postby Day Of Silence » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:48 am

@ fairytale. I hope everything works out! It sounds like a very good breeder.

@Mac That's a cool picture!

@Stonefly Those are two cute dogs, I love all the pictures!

Sorry for the crappy quality of pictures, I was saving up for a camera, but then I got a dog and I'm now saving up for a crate.

We had fun yesterday for pretzel day
We were practising leave it and stay which she did really good at. The whole time the pretzel was there she was trying to avoid looking at it.

But she gave in.

I'm looking into a martingale collar as Epic has slipped out of her collar about three or four times now (we've had her about three weeks), and it scares me so bad. She has a harness but I don't want to leave it on her all day as I'm sure puppies will chew it to bits. Today we had been practising not lunging as she's otherwise good on a leash. So my sister was playing with the neighbours border collie mix and Epic and I would approach as long as she was not lunging, barking or putting too much tension on the leash. By the end we could walk up to them with no problems, until the BC wanted to play chase and took off, Epic backing out of her collar. They chased each other for a bit and did good. The BC decided it was enough and ran back to her house, Epic following till I called her back (and she listened!), rewarding her with a game of tug of war.
Day Of Silence

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Its_Doza » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:59 am

Do you own a dog?:
Favorite dog breed?:
Tell us about your dog(s), if you have any!:
Pictures of your dog(s):

will fill out later,out of time
Its_Doza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Claw. » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:03 am

I got a new camera for my birthday so i should be able to get lots of cool pics of Millie enjoying herself, hopefully before she gets spayed, but I'll see if i can fit her into my schedual at the weekend as i will be really busy, maybe she can join in some party pics with me!
╔═════════════════════╗

Hi I'm Claw!
She/her pronouns
This sig is a w.i.p

xxx xxx xxx

╚═════════════════════╝
Claw.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tipsy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:18 am

ImageImageImage

A neighborhood kid kept wandering into our yard and playing with Toto, I'm to shy to speak up so I let him. Today, He managed to nearly drown Precious and he hurt both me and Toto by throwing the balls way to hard. Toto now doesn't want to go outside so I'm trapped in the house with a crazy dog. Any way to get rid of the energy? I can't play chase in the house. Normally we play outside from 3:30 to 10pm.
Wub.

Tipsy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:25 am

Someone brought a service pup into school today! Their family fosters and helps train service dogs, and school was the perfect place for her to learn some very important skills that she'll have to use when she's helping someone out. Plus, she was really adorable, and who doesn't want a puppy in their class?

http://i.imgur.com/ZH6G7ue.png

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby satans__lover » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:55 am

Seasonal <3 wrote:Someone brought a service pup into school today! Their family fosters and helps train service dogs, and school was the perfect place for her to learn some very important skills that she'll have to use when she's helping someone out. Plus, she was really adorable, and who doesn't want a puppy in their class?

http://i.imgur.com/ZH6G7ue.png

She is adorable! I wish we could have animals in our classrooms at school. Would make the day more entertaining!
Auctioning off this little guy;
satans__lover

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tipsy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:35 pm

Here is a video from yesterday, of Toto and I skateboarding.
http://youtu.be/dCCoWop1rWM

He is going home tomorrow or Thursday :( I honestly wish I had more time with him, he made me the happiest I've been in a long time.

Now I'm going to look more into getting a dog in the nearer future. I was going to wait until I moved out, but I think I can handle a dog now.
Wub.

Tipsy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fallen.infinity » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:44 pm

we're thinking about getting maggie trained to be a registered therapy dog.

my grandmum works at a hospital that allows service dogs, and i think this would be a great opportunity for maggie to get her muffin butt out of the house once in a while xD she's such a sweet dog <3

she's like 20lbs overweight and i currently have her on a diet of 1 cup of food a day, no scraps, snacks, or extra nummies.
ImageImage
Pet's name: Toxic
fallen.infinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fairytale. » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:01 pm

Service dogs and therapy dogs are two different things :) Service dogs have to be trained in one or more specific tasks to help their handler's disability, and are protected by the ADA. Therapy dogs are not protected, don't -need- any specific training as far as I know, and they are to be registered with therapy animal organizations. "Service dog" and "therapy dog" are not interchangeable.

Also, not that you meant anything by it, Seasonal, but taking pictures of working dogs is usually frowned upon. You may have had permission, I don't know, but keep that in mind if you're around a service dog again! Many handlers do not like attention on their dogs, and distracting service dogs is actually considered illegal. Not that taking a picture is TRYING to distract a service dog, but... What many people compare SDs to are wheelchairs. If you wouldn't photograph someone's wheelchair, why photograph their service dog? If you really want to get a picture, make sure you have permission :) If you did have permission, ignore me. I figured it would be a good opportunity to educate anyone who was wondering or didn't know.
fairytale.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Seasonal » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:07 pm

fairytale. wrote:Also, not that you meant anything by it, Seasonal, but taking pictures of working dogs is usually frowned upon. You may have had permission, I don't know, but keep that in mind if you're around a service dog again! Many handlers do not like attention on their dogs, and distracting service dogs is actually considered illegal. Not that taking a picture is TRYING to distract a service dog, but... What many people compare SDs to are wheelchairs. If you wouldn't photograph someone's wheelchair, why photograph their service dog? If you really want to get a picture, make sure you have permission :)

I had permission, no worries! I even asked before getting knee-level with her because I didn't know if that would distract her from her training or not. The amount of people who went to pet her was horrifying, I always thought people just knew that you aren't supposed to pet service dogs. ;w;

satans__lover wrote:She is adorable! I wish we could have animals in our classrooms at school. Would make the day more entertaining!

It's nothing I expected either, honestly. My school is very strict, but we're a smaller school (only about 600 students) and it's so close to the end of the year that they're a lot more lenient right now. x3

Tipsy wrote:Here is a video from yesterday, of Toto and I skateboarding.
http://youtu.be/dCCoWop1rWM

He is going home tomorrow or Thursday :( I honestly wish I had more time with him, he made me the happiest I've been in a long time.

Now I'm going to look more into getting a dog in the nearer future. I was going to wait until I moved out, but I think I can handle a dog now.

He's so cute! He can barely keep up, awwwh ^-^

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
about - characters - trades
need to contact CS staff?
submit a help ticket here!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
Seasonal
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery