I used to feed my doggy poison. :D

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: I used to feed my doggy poison. :D

Postby ❤️ Archiver » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:23 am

If you do feed your dog a raw food idea be aware that they will get samanela which will not hurt the dog but can affect the human.
❤️ Archiver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pizzas and scream » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:33 am

~pitbullpride~ wrote:I find this thread very useful! Bookmarking for future use!

I feed my dog kibbles n' bits, and did not realize what he was actually eating! It makes me sick thinking about it. I'm taking a trip to the petstore right now!

At the shelter I work at, the animals eat Science Diet. Anything wrong with that?

i think the company pays vets to sell that.

and the makers of EVO have a lawsuit aginst them for saying they use human grade ingredance.
LF pet to be ||Kimmy Shmit|Roy Mustang||Ban Midou|jason mendoza(the good place)|maes hughes|Krylancelo Finrandi|
-----------------------------
older than an embryo
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
pizzas and scream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _Nienna_ » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:56 am

yes but when I cook I work with raw meat also. Sure you must have a attention to hygiene ;)
_Nienna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ❤️ Archiver » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:17 am

Fileva wrote:yes but when I cook I work with raw meat also. Sure you must have a attention to hygiene ;)

Just letting people know :). It's enough of an issue that hen a dog comes into my vet clinic who is on a raw food diet, they have warnings posted. It's different when cooking since heat kills the bacteria and I sure hope that you wash your hands between the time you cook and the time you eat!

"Salmonella infection can be acquired from pets through grooming, food preparation, scooping, cleaning bowls and litter boxes, or just petting." from http://dogtime.com/raw-food-diet-dangers-dogs-aaha.html

It's the owners choice to feed dog raw meat but they have to deal with the potential consequences to themselves and the dog. I think it is appropriate that people should know the benefits AND RISKS of feeding raw meat.
❤️ Archiver

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby renki » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:00 am

I gotta comment on the science diet brand just because they did me wrong.

When bringing home a bag to test out, I opened to find that it had been filled with bugs. When reporting the bug infested bag to them they tried to get me to believe that it was the stores fault or the truck drivers, they tried to feed me some bull crap that the bags have small holes so that they dont burst in shipping...the food is no longer fresh or safe it there is holes in the packaging!
I am very well known at my pet store, as well as I knowing them. I purchased a brand sitting right next to the science diet bag and was bug free. If it was the stores fault, wouldnt all the bags contain bugs?

They sent a coupon in the mail for five dollars off their next large bags....I drive a V8 that sucks gas like there is no tomorrow, that five hardly covers what damage I did in gas.

They still to this day refuse to admit they may have a bug problem. When talking to my normal store and other local pet stores and vets they say that the brand has the most bring backs due to problems with the bag or food.

Thats not even getting me started on what is in the food!
''I've been listening to the music, and I have to go see what it's like. Maybe I'll value what I have more when I come back.'' -Doug
Its time for childish people to get off the computer and take a nap
I have woken up into a family that gives you a pat on the back and says this is the real world get use to it
renki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dakonic » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:31 am

My dogs and cats are fed Taste of The Wild and are doing fantastic.

Back when I was more ignorant I fed Pedigree, and man is there a huge difference.

When he was on pedigree his coat was very dirty greasy feeling, eye gunk, he had "dog stink", and dandruff, itching (hot spots). He was very overweight and didn't have much muscle to him at all.

And he's been on Taste of The Wild High Prairie (the higher fat and protein once since we're active.) since he was 1 1/2 years old, he's now 2 1/2. His coat is shiny, glossy, and slick feeling, quite soft as well. He doesn't stink at all and his skin is sooo much better and his hot spots disappeared also no more eye gunk. And he actually has quite the muscles now.
Oh! And his disposition, he's so active and alert now, he used to just lay around now he's up and rearing to go. He's a busy body with a buttload of prey drive xD
(Lure coursing practice, that's why he's pulling)
His eyes are much brighter now too.
Coat:

And I got my grandmother to switch her Dachshund over to to Taste of The Wild Pacific Stream. The pictures speak for themselves, I've also put him on a weight loss plan. :)
Pedigree:

After 4 months of TOTW
Your friendly neighborhood correctional machine.
Image Dakonic German Shepherds
Dakonic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dakonic » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:48 pm

And my foster failure, Alice. She was on Science Diet at the shelter, her eyes were gunky, her coat stiff, and a lot of rashes and dandruff. Fat with poor muscle definition (That's not just because of lack of exercise, I'll post about that later on in this post)

After being on High Prairie TOTW, her coat is soft, and her skin is much better as well as no more eye gunk, and just look at that sexy body! :lol:

Now for the fat/muscle definition thing. Those first pictures were after a few weeks of less exercise than usual. These are after a month of less exercise than usual (working on getting her confidence up in the cold, she's a sissy) She stayed pretty trim and you can't quite tell in here but she still has muscle definition. A link since the picture is big.
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 4831_n.jpg
Dakonic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darkest.Nation » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:17 pm

Just answering to front page:

I have always fed either Merrick's, Natural Balance, or Nature's Variety (some store would discontinue the product, that's why we would switch). We fed them (my current dogs) Beneful once in an emergency, and they did fine on it for just a few days. Our vet told us to give them Royal Canin Puppy, but we didn't like it (crappy ingredients) and the bite sizes were way too big for our pups.

My mother fed her Goldie Science Diet back in the '80's, and the dog lived to be 13 after contracting Lyme Disease.

My friends feed their dogs grocery store food because they either: don't know; can't afford it; don't give a damn. It makes me sick to think how many pets are being fed that junk, but dogs seem to be doing well despite it.

However, I praise Eukanuba for making their Naturally Wild food line. They share the ingredient qualities many holistic pet food do. So, that would be my back-up overall because it is sold in nearly every pet store.

Edit: The only reason we don't feed our dogs the "best" food with lots of protein is that they are Mini Schnauzers and are suseptable to kidney/liver issues, which is caused by heavy amounts of protein. So we keep them on diets that hare meat-heavier, but still have fair amounts of everything else.
Character Page
[ My past usernames were Invisiblemoonlight14, Water For Elephants, & Fly.With.Me. Please don't use. ]
ImageImageImage
Darkest.Nation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dakonic » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:49 pm

Dakonic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dr. Mrs. The Monarch » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:01 pm

Last edited by Dr. Mrs. The Monarch on Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have a c$ store!
Wanted: Unicorns!
I love space event pets so I'm always willing to buy/trade for them! Seeking to swap
Pet's name: Aquarius
For a Leo!
My Art Gallery!
Dr. Mrs. The Monarch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me