Thoughts about pitbulls/pit chat!

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Click if you ...

Are scared of them
9%
Would own one
60%
Have one
19%
Know anyone who has one?
13%

Total votes : 998

Re: Thoughts about pitbulls/pit chat!

Postby Naeco » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:38 am

halogen. wrote:No need to be mad, just the pure fact that most, if not all, bully breeds are not suitable for service work. And being sweet has literally nothing to do with being a good service dog. Also Dalmatian are very widely known for being extremely aggressive. No biased opinions as I own a purebred APBT, just facts.

Exactly, thank you! Most 'bully breed" service dogs are not pure bully breed. They are often mixed with other breeds, even if they dont look it.
Links
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3303502
MainThingaMajiger

Pets

Maple Creek
Naeco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gamorasass » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:55 am

HAPPY NEWS

Quebec Canada lifted their Pit Bull ban c:
Last edited by gamorasass on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

♕── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

just you average marvel nerd &
      starmora enthusiast living life as
      a full time working cat mom!
      LIGHTS OFF!

┌──────────────────┐
      service dog chat job chat
      └──────────────────┘
gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gamorasass » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:35 pm

♕── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

LIGHTS OFF!

┌──────────────────┐
      └──────────────────┘
gamorasass

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cornspurrd. » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:47 pm

You dont know everything, Just because somebody owns a pit bull who's not aggressive towards other dogs does not mean hes not a pit bull.
Last edited by cornspurrd. on Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jazz. » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:50 pm

I absolutely love pit bulls. I've gotten to know a good handful of them, and they are some of the sweetest pups I've had the pleasure to meet! I haven't had a bad experience with the breed yet but completely understand the stigma since they can be intimidating, especially if trained to be aggressive.
━━ ❝Ah,━━━━━━━━
"чσu dσn't knσw hσw hígh í cαn flч"
| shє/hєr | lσvєr σf hσrsєs |
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

xImage
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
IS THE
━━━━━━━━━━━
ImageImage
links
┌─────┐
└─────┘

GOLDEN BOWL!━
THE SPIRIT FLOWN
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━
ImagexXImage
jazz.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby in act ive » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:59 pm

Pitbulls are very misunderstood. They are just like any other breed of dog. Have you ever heard the phrase "People are not born racist."?

Well, that applies to dogs as well. Dogs are not born aggressive. They can only be taught that aggressive behaviour whether it was through abuse or hard training, which involves beatings in fifty out of one hundred cases.

The only reasons behind an aggressive dog are past trauma and abuse. Almost the same as human behaviour. No human is born aggressive either. We all have a gentle state of mind as we are younger, but when we grow up with bullies, abusive parents, drugs and alcohol, the world is a pretty tough place.

When dogs are abused, they learn to be hostile towards anyone that even gives them a second glance. These dogs normally have to be put down if more than one incident occurs where the canine has hurt someone, whether it be a child, adult or another dog. It is not the dog's fault. It is the person that abused the dog's fault, yet who gets the penalty? The innocent dog or the guilty culprit?

This is why animal abuse needs to be stopped. There needs to be a serious penalty so people would not even think twice about hurting a defenceless animal.

Although they can not speak, they hurt just like we do...
Animal's feelings have been proven to be so much stronger and more sensitive than ours.

Hey, there. Feel free to send me a trade! Always looking for Halloween items and pets.

Image - My one and only; ♡ 7-10-18 ♡ Image
in act ive

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maninkari » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:10 pm

demonology wrote:
Pitbulls are very misunderstood. They are just like any other breed of dog. Have you ever heard the phrase "People are not born racist."?

Well, that applies to dogs as well. Dogs are not born aggressive. They can only be taught that aggressive behaviour whether it was through abuse or hard training, which involves beatings in fifty out of one hundred cases.

The only reasons behind an aggressive dog are past trauma and abuse. Almost the same as human behaviour. No human is born aggressive either. We all have a gentle state of mind as we are younger, but when we grow up with bullies, abusive parents, drugs and alcohol, the word is a pretty tough place.

When dogs are abused, they learn to be hostile towards anyone that even gives them a second glance. These dogs normally have to be put down if more than one incident occurs where the canine has hurt someone, whether it be a child, adult or another dog. It is not the dog's fault. It is the person that abused the dog's fault.

This is why animal abuse needs to be stopped. There needs to be a serious penalty so people would not even think twice about hurting a defenceless animal.

Although they can not speak, they hurt just like we do...
Animal's feelings have been proven to be so much stronger and more sensitive than ours.

Genetics play a large role in aggressive behavior. Unfortunately, it's not always a learned behavior like racism is. I agree that it's not the dogs fault though, they did not ask to be born the way they were. I can tell you with 100% certainty though that my dog aggressive dog has never been beat, hit, or mistreated in her life, and I don't blame her at all for the way she is.

Also, @Naeco, not all APBTs will show aggression. They aren't generally a good breed for SD work, but there are exceptions.
heck
maninkari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cornspurrd. » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:19 am

Any dog can be a service dog. While other dogs may have a higher wash rate, As example apbt's have a higher wash rate because of their drive and energy, But it's possible.
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Naeco » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:55 am

Pitbulls are inherently aggressive cause, dun, dun, dun, genetics. Genetics cause dogs to be lap dogs, confident, healthy, aggressive, etc. The raising of the dogs will either manage or encourage the behavior.
Links
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3303502
MainThingaMajiger

Pets

Maple Creek
Naeco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gamorasass » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:41 am

Raising of the dog has a lot to do with the outcome, but the dog is born with aggressive genetics. It's just science. It's either brought out by how it's raised, by mom and human, or it's not brought out.

♕── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

LIGHTS OFF!

┌──────────────────┐
      └──────────────────┘
gamorasass

My pets
My items