Cat Chat 2

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Cat Chat 2

Postby Brynmala » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:49 am

❥Shilou&Crew wrote:
    Well, I wasn't expecting her to pop tonight, but of course it wasn't my choice haha. Prue had her kittens! Four so far but by the looks of her stomach I'd say shes got at least two more left to go....

Congratulations! I hope they are all still doing ok, were there any more? That sounds like a lovely mix of colours, is Prue a dilute herself, or just a carrier?
Brynmala

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WalkingContradiction » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:17 am

Hello Hello Hello!!

Soooo I haven't had a cat in... well a long time. That's mainly because my dad hates cats with a fiery passion. BUT there is this GORGEOUS stray cat that has been hanging around our house for a while. Now it is winter and I put a blanket in the shed for her but I'm worried she's not gonna get enough to eat... My dad doesn't want to feed her because he doesn't want a cat in the house (which I get, I mean we have 3 loco dogs a budgie and pet rats) but like... she is very timid and I don't think she'd ever really be a "tame" cat I just wanna make life a bit easier for her! Any idea's on how to convince my dad to let me feed her?

I love her.... she is a Siamese cat with some white splashes and just ahhhhhhhhh
WalkingContradiction

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:29 am

WalkingContradiction wrote:Hello Hello Hello!!

Soooo I haven't had a cat in... well a long time. That's mainly because my dad hates cats with a fiery passion. BUT there is this GORGEOUS stray cat that has been hanging around our house for a while. Now it is winter and I put a blanket in the shed for her but I'm worried she's not gonna get enough to eat... My dad doesn't want to feed her because he doesn't want a cat in the house (which I get, I mean we have 3 loco dogs a budgie and pet rats) but like... she is very timid and I don't think she'd ever really be a "tame" cat I just wanna make life a bit easier for her! Any idea's on how to convince my dad to let me feed her?

I love her.... she is a Siamese cat with some white splashes and just ahhhhhhhhh

Would your dad make a big deal out of it, if you bought the food and fed her yourself?
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zan | NB | they/them | pan/ace
xxxxxx lgbtq+ | atheist | satanist | artist xxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WalkingContradiction » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:35 am

Thalassic wrote:

Would your dad make a big deal out of it, if you bought the food and fed her yourself?

He wouldn't be pleased... but I'm probably just gonna feed her on the sly tbh
WalkingContradiction

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:46 am

WalkingContradiction wrote:
Thalassic wrote:

He wouldn't be pleased... but I'm probably just gonna feed her on the sly tbh

this is a purebreed? maybe she is lost, let a vet check for chip, or look for collar, a real Siamese should not really be outside!

when no chip, ad you want to keeep her, maybe make an offer like that you pay feed and toys and part of vet for her, also groom and clean her, train her..maybe help more at home.... you can tell your dad how good cats are with catching mice-rat...Siamese are very intelliggent and you can train them often like a dog, as your dad seems to like ogs maybe go with this. also a cat can be good for the health, they can help get stress down and to calm down after a stressful day at work. :D
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thalassic » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:40 am

Luzien wrote:this is a purebreed? maybe she is lost, let a vet check for chip, or look for collar, a real Siamese should not really be outside!

when no chip, ad you want to keeep her, maybe make an offer like that you pay feed and toys and part of vet for her, also groom and clean her, train her..maybe help more at home.... you can tell your dad how good cats are with catching mice-rat...Siamese are very intelliggent and you can train them often like a dog, as your dad seems to like ogs maybe go with this. also a cat can be good for the health, they can help get stress down and to calm down after a stressful day at work. :D

They did say that they have a budgie and pet rats, so introducing a cat to the mix could be dangerous for their existing pets.
xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x
xxxxxxxx

x
x
xxx

x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Zan | NB | they/them | pan/ace
xxxxxx lgbtq+ | atheist | satanist | artist xxxxxx
sig art ; avatar art
xxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x
x
xxxx

x
x
x
x

xxxxxxxx
x
x
xxxxxx

x

xxxxxxx
Thalassic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainbow Dash » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:44 am

Luzien wrote:this is a purebreed? maybe she is lost, let a vet check for chip, or look for collar, a real Siamese should not really be outside!

My Siamese boy was a stray. The story I got was that he was a neighborhood cat everyone took care of until the Humane Society picked him up. I've seen other purebreds in shelters as well. It's weird but it happens. Usually because people pick cats due to looks and not what they need. Happened to a sweet little one eyed bengal kitten at a shelter I volunteered at. Thankfully she got a good home.

Thalassic wrote:They did say that they have a budgie and pet rats, so introducing a cat to the mix could be dangerous for their existing pets.

And three dogs. That sounds like a very stressful house to introduce a new cat into. Introducing Tambora to one dog was a challenge, three "loco" dogs and two animals cats see as lunch sounds overwhelming.
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:52 am

true, that would need a bit more care ....and some cats will not accept tame little animal, your right...i did not think that not all cat are like the one a friend in school did find..she did own two rat and her family a dog^^

@ Rainbow Dash
wow, that is realy strange of people to set free such cats...they are not low prized...i mean i was shocked when i once did see a chowchow in the shelter that was found somewhere after he was kicked out by his human,... and a (what is the name again of those a bit flat nosed cats with long fur :?: forgot the name right now^^ ) whose owner did not want her back...
very sad with some of those xcats who could not survive long alone out on streets...

really nice that you did adopt this cat :D did he take well to being in a home again?
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WalkingContradiction » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:39 am

yeah well bringing her into the house is not really an option, I don't want to take her to the pound because well... there are a looot of sweet hand raised foster kittens that don't get adopted and a skittish full grown cat wouldn't stand much of a chance unfortunately. The weather here is mild year round besides a few nights during the winter. I try to put blankets out and am hoping to set out food for her. If that sounds acceptable? I am trying to get her tame enough to take to the vet so she can get checked for a chip and/or spayed if she needs that... cause I DEFINITELY don't need kittens...

but yeah my dad hates cats mainly because they kill birds...
WalkingContradiction

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rainbow Dash » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:06 am

Luzien wrote:really nice that you did adopt this cat :D did he take well to being in a home again?

He did! We're still working on being nice to the doggy brother (If he gets too excited Tambora will rush up and slap him around) but he's a huge cuddlebug. The moment I sit down to get on my laptop he's there. If my laptop is on my lap he squishes in the corner of the couch between my leg and the couch arm.
[: Veterinary professional | Female | Hobbyist artist :]
Image Image Image Image
New Chicken Smoothie Tarot
[: Free-to-Use CS Graphics || Request Free CS Graphics || Every Pet As a Stamp Project :]
Sig art by me || Avatar by Scragster || Busy with work! Might be slow to respond!
Rainbow Dash

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me