The Great Ferret Alliance

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: The Great Ferret Alliance

Postby silky.moth.is.gone » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:44 am

*gasp* i found my home. Mark <3 I might post on here later! I'm hoping to have a ferret one day!

Username;;
~SilkyMoth~

Own a ferret?;;
Nope but i want one,

Your ferret photo;;
X
I was a toxic 11-13 year old lol.
silky.moth.is.gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzien » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:49 am

i dont own one, maybe someday in the future when i have big enough house and garden... :D
but what i really like to know is....what would you say is the best Cage for a ferret? how big for two, so that they can Play and life in it? i did see some in 2x2x1m is that big enough-to big or to small?
Please klick them or they will die°°!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/Miriya I really search for the 2013 SUMMER EVENT missed pets
- the store pets and pets from wl, I search for german shepherds and rainbow doted dogs of '09--other dream pets ) RPG Costumes -Mage - Necromancer--RPG Flags and Banner-sun- moon...^//^
search this items:
Image-Image--Image-Image-Image
Luzien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angelus Gaston » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:07 am

Trans cage is a good example the bigger the better in my opinion. I currently have my group in converted large parrot cages with shelves and tunnels and boxes and blankets which are going to need replacing soon. Ferrets are sometimes still pretty active even if given alot of out of cage time so that's why a large is advised.

CharsArt WantedTradescredit
╔══════════════════════╗
We would do something
Sarcastic and witty with this but
We cant be bothered. We go by
Angelus One Piece and Yu-Gi-Oh lover

╚══════════════════════╝
Angelus Gaston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Transkitty » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:39 am

My two are in a double ferret nation, and now that I've had one I will never keep them in anything smaller. My cage is 36"L x 25"W x 63 1/4"H, although it's about a foot shorter without the wheels and storage on the bottom. Even with a cage this big, my two get very antsy if they're not let out daily for at least 4 hours. I know when they've had enough out of cage playtime because they go back into the cage to sleep in their hammocks on their own.

I promise they have water and food! It's just not in this picture because it was taken right after being cleaned. Because it got buried on the last page, I'll go ahead and post the photo of my cage here again:

Also, please call me Kitty instead of Trans!
Transkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Transkitty » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:27 am

So Sony has started eating her food way too fast, and it's been making her throw up. She's still drinking, playing and pooping, so I'm certain it's not a blockage.

Any advice to get her to slow down when she's eating? She is kibble fed right now, just so you know.Image
Transkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angelus Gaston » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:15 pm

Transkitty wrote:So Sony has started eating her food way too fast, and it's been making her throw up. She's still drinking, playing and pooping, so I'm certain it's not a blockage.

Any advice to get her to slow down when she's eating? She is kibble fed right now, just so you know.Image

We know how you feel we have this with one of ours when kibble fed ( Wonderwiess the idiot ) how small cat food is even the cats just swallow it when fed it.
The only thing we can think of is the treat balls so that its not all in one place or one of those small dog dishes with the raised pieces in the middle just wondering how effective it would be though with fez faces being how they are. Why cant they make cat food bigger.

╔══════════════════════╗
We would do something

╚══════════════════════╝
Angelus Gaston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Transkitty » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:13 pm

Angelus, I don't know why I didn't think of that! We have one of these that I got for the cats, but they never use it:

My roommate filled it up and put it in the ferret cage on a hunch, and I am extremely happy with the results! They figured it out very quickly, but it's forced both of them to slow down. And it seems to have stopped Sega from bored eating. Instead, he just plays with the cone and walks away!

So thank you!Image
Transkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kallisto Moon » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:52 am

Ahh I finally got my ferret <3!!!! I love her so much!
She is a graying white ( I think?) She has dark eyes and a cream body, with two little gray rings on her tail and a white tip!
I think she has a white blaze, but it is hard to tell with cream fur x3
DARKEST
NIGHTS
xImage
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
THE!THE!THE!

Many are the stars I see
but in my eye
no star like thee
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
Kallisto Moon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angelus Gaston » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:47 am

Birman Kitty wrote:Ahh I finally got my ferret <3!!!! I love her so much!
She is a graying white ( I think?) She has dark eyes and a cream body, with two little gray rings on her tail and a white tip!
I think she has a white blaze, but it is hard to tell with cream fur x3

If you can post image I can tell you what she is.

╔══════════════════════╗
We would do something

╚══════════════════════╝
Angelus Gaston

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Transkitty » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:09 pm

Since spring shedding season is rapidly approaching here the woozuls have been getting more raw egg in their diet, and their coats are showing it! They're both super soft and plush with gorgeous thick fur. Since ferrets don't throw up hairballs like cats do, I'm making sure I do everything I can to prevent them from forming in the first place.

I've also been offering them little bits of raw meat to prepare for switching them to raw once I get a freezer! Their favorite is pork, so when I do switch I'll be starting off with pork as my protein. It's fattier than I wanted to start with, but they go crazy over raw pork so I have to follow their lead.

In the meantime, I've been giving them raw chicken feet as snacks, and it's really been helping their teeth! Gotta love natural toothbrushes haha,

Finally, have some photos of my fuzzies:
If quoting, please snip the photos!
Transkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me