Having a hard time training?Or just want to know new tricks?

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Was/am i helpful? :)

Yes :)
35%
No ):
6%
Sorda :|
15%
A little bit. :S
9%
You tried! :]
15%
YES! Thank you so much! 8D
21%

Total votes : 34

Having a hard time training?Or just want to know new tricks?

Postby AppaloosaCake » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:57 am

NOTE: I thought of the idea to make my own site for this... It would help me become more experianced, and help more people. If you wouldnt mind telling me if you think thats a good idea with your post, please do. Thank you.(:

I wanted to say a BIG thankyou for everyone who has been helping me out lately. Its hard for me to get on every day, because im so busy, so thank you! :)

Having trouble training your dog, rat, cat, etc? Or, are you just looking for some new things to train your pet?
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=911074&start=0 <- Please tell me what your pets knows? :3

Also, dont forget the poll please! :D

Well, you've come to the right place. I have loved animals since i can remember, and its always been a pleasure training them new tricks, as it can be for you. But it also can annoy and anger you. ALWAYS make sure to be patiant with your dog. Patiance is key to training your animal many tricks. Also remember that older animals may be harder to train then younger animals, but almost all animals are trainable.
That, and always make sure to praze your pet, if theyve done something right, and stick to the same trick till youve fully tought it to your pet, as well as making them do it at least once a week, so they keep it fresh in there mind.

If youve come here for some new trick ideas, then just tell me what kind of trick you thought would be neat, and or what kind of tricks your pet already knows, and i can give you some ideas for tricks he does not know, as well as tell you what is needed.

I hope i can help you, just post below if you are having problems training, need to know treats to use, where you should train them, etc. There are many questions to be asked, so get going. x)

Hope i can help,
~Apa

Also, Celestial88 and Bethicus help me out if im having a blonde day ^_^
Some of my pets: (I have alot ;))

This is my puppy, willow. On her 1st birthday. She is 2 now. :)

My rabbit, star; and my cat, tic-tac.

This is my kitten, noel.

And yes, i know the pictures are blury, i need a new camera.. :S I took those with my ipod. xD
Last edited by AppaloosaCake on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:12 am, edited 10 times in total.

||1000+Pets for trade||Art Contest||Characters||DeviantArt||The Army||Need help training your pet?||
Art by Chubbs.
Formerly Apalusamll.
Stamps are not for public use.

ImageImageImageImageImage
AppaloosaCake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Having a hard time training?Or just want to know new tri

Postby AppaloosaCake » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:34 pm

BUMP :)

||1000+Pets for trade||Art Contest||Characters||DeviantArt||The Army||Need help training your pet?||
Art by Chubbs.
Formerly Apalusamll.

AppaloosaCake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AppaloosaCake » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:13 pm

BUMP :)

Art by Chubbs.
Formerly Apalusamll.

AppaloosaCake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lexiedoodle » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:41 pm

Very helpful! There is one lady on youtube and she has very cool tricks to teach anyone's dog! Her name is kikopup! :D
Lexiedoodle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AppaloosaCake » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:46 am

Lexiedoodle wrote:Very helpful! There is one lady on youtube and she has very cool tricks to teach anyone's dog! Her name is kikopup! :D

Really? I'll chack it out, than you :)

Art by Chubbs.
Formerly Apalusamll.

AppaloosaCake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Grimace » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:55 am

The main problem we are having with our dog is getting her to act decently. She isn't aggressive ever, but every time she gets into play mode it goes completely out of control. Same problem with getting into things. If she wants something enough, she'll 100% ignore you and go for it.

Granted, we still are probably lucky. Dogs like her are notorious for being pretty hard to control.
Grimace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AppaloosaCake » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:05 pm

Grimace wrote:The main problem we are having with our dog is getting her to act decently. She isn't aggressive ever, but every time she gets into play mode it goes completely out of control. Same problem with getting into things. If she wants something enough, she'll 100% ignore you and go for it.

Granted, we still are probably lucky. Dogs like her are notorious for being pretty hard to control.

Alof people have this problem and there can be things to fix it and things that may cause it, so if you dont mind answering a few questions i can try to figure it out ^^

-Does your dog know any tricks, and if so where they easy to teach her? <- Because If not then she will have a less chance of listening to you.

Art by Chubbs.
Formerly Apalusamll.

AppaloosaCake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Grimace » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 pm

AppaloosaCake wrote:
Grimace wrote:The main problem we are having with our dog is getting her to act decently. She isn't aggressive ever, but every time she gets into play mode it goes completely out of control. Same problem with getting into things. If she wants something enough, she'll 100% ignore you and go for it.

Alof people have this problem and there can be things to fix it and things that may cause it, so if you dont mind answering a few questions i can try to figure it out ^^

-Does your dog know any tricks, and if so where they easy to teach her? <- Because If not then she will have a less chance of listening to you.

She knows basic commands, but usually will only do them whenever she actually feels like it. She is incredibly easy to teach thing too, but only when she actually wants to.
Grimace

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lupen » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:42 pm

I love teaching my dog tricks, so far she knows:

Sit
Lay down
"Up" (Stand up or jump onto something like a chair or the back of our car)
Shake
Beg
Bow
Crawl
Stay
Leave it
Drop it
Rollover
Stand ((On her hind legs) She's not the most balanced, and being a larger dog, this ones hard for her lol.)
Bubbles (She sticks her nose in water and blows bubbles. xD )
And she can balance a treat on her nose until I say "Ok".

I'd like to teach her a trick that I saw on Youtube where you say "cross your paws", and they cross their forepaws, but this is the one trick she won't do lol.
ImageImage

✨ Everything I have on CS is for sale for Flightrising! Desperately looking for the familiars above. ✨
Pet trades accepted as well.

Lupen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AppaloosaCake » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:56 am

.: Lupen the Wolf :. wrote:I love teaching my dog tricks, so far she knows:

Sit
Lay down
"Up" (Stand up or jump onto something like a chair or the back of our car)
Shake
Beg
Bow
Crawl
Stay
Leave it
Drop it
Rollover
Stand ((On her hind legs) She's not the most balanced, and being a larger dog, this ones hard for her lol.)
Bubbles (She sticks her nose in water and blows bubbles. xD )
And she can balance a treat on her nose until I say "Ok".

I'd like to teach her a trick that I saw on Youtube where you say "cross your paws", and they cross their forepaws, but this is the one trick she won't do lol.

Thats great! My is very large and learns in a heart beat, but ive been so busy, and not able to train my baby lately.

She knows:
Sit
Shake (Left then right, etc)
Laydown
To your side
To the other side
Beg
Up
Sit on her back legs
Stay
Come
Basketball/Soccer (Long story)
To catch treats in her mouth
Leave it
Bed (Goes to her bed)
Kennel (Goes to ger kennel)
Easy (Take treats nicely)
Swivel (Circles my legs)
Speak (My favorite)
To pull me on a sled/scooter, and knows direction commands for it (My other favorite)
Whisper
Fetch (In and out of the pool) and some more... but i am a blonde, i forget things. XD

About the leg cross thing... How have you been trying to teach this to your dog?
Last edited by AppaloosaCake on Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Art by Chubbs.
Formerly Apalusamll.

AppaloosaCake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me